Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
chris roberts said so, that guy usually tells it like it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mendrian posted:

I hope it does come out.

I don't hope it doesn't not come out

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

What does he even base the “real time” part on?
He seems to be referencing some other video showing the same thing — how does he know it's “real” (or real time)?

I dunno, I mean I could ask him but :shepicide:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don't hope it doesn't not come out

I hope it does 'come out', is as functional as right now and CR and Sandi announce just then that they're taking a vacation, during which everything utterly blows up in the press and everywhere.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

If you're bitching about not getting a refund (lol refunding so late), at least say which country you are in.

This might be a reference to me. USA, and refunds were still a thing six weeks ago when I started this dance.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno, I mean I could ask him but :shepicide:

Fair point. Not worth the risk.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
If someone was really interested in exposing CIG's lovely practices, they should buy a few separate accounts and immediately request a refund. See if they even uphold their warped idea of consumer rights.

Then again, this means you'd actually be giving money to that drat company, but you could justify it as research? Or the cost of ethics in game journalism?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

CrazyLoon posted:

I hope it does 'come out', is as functional as right now and CR and Sandi announce just then that they're taking a vacation, during which everything utterly blows up in the press and everywhere.

I just think that if it fails to come out this whole dialogue will shift about the beautiful vision that was too good for this world.

However if your average shitizen boots up a boring but functional game we get to slowly watch ennui set in and I think that would be beautiful after all this.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Any time anyone says this game is good pls link them to christ robbers playing the game lol.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Romes128 posted:

Any time anyone says this game is good pls link them to christ robbers playing the game lol.

This is worth another look because loving hell ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mendrian posted:

I just think that if it fails to come out this whole dialogue will shift about the beautiful vision that was too good for this world.

However if your average shitizen boots up a boring but functional game we get to slowly watch ennui set in and I think that would be beautiful after all this.

Pretty much. So long as it doesn't happen, people will get themselves indebted for life over it and still defend how it was just puuuurrrrrfect.

But if it does happen in any kind of official form of word, and shitizens are told that's all there is to it for at least the near future, it becomes unsustainable to rationalize your 2.5k autism chariot when it doesn't work and you are told it won't work, even though the game has 'released'.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Imagine Crobbers face pasted onto every shitizen as they wait to arrive at yet another idnetical mission. Then a goon rams into the side of their ship. They drum their fingers on their chair.

I like to image the alpha is the whole game. That's the future I hope for Star Citizen. This alpha with maybe fewer crashes. The slow death of their spirits - no space ambulances, no space lawyers, nothing to explore. Just a big empty void and endless shooting.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

CrazyLoon posted:

Pretty much. So long as it doesn't happen, people will get themselves indebted for life over it and still defend how it was just puuuurrrrrfect.

But if it does happen in any kind of official form of word, and shitizens are told that's all there is to it for at least the near future, it becomes unsustainable to rationalize your 2.5k autism chariot when it doesn't work and you are told it won't work, even though the game has 'released'.

Their whole reason for refund denial is a sizeable part of the game has been released so I don't expect much more in the near future.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mendrian posted:

I hope it does come out.

I hope it's an entirely bland and by the numbers fps but in space.

No way, because you know if it comes out no matter how lovely it is these deluded morons will still claim its the best thing ever. If it doesn't come out, they have absolutely nothing. I want the whales to die with the shame that they spent 30k on a scam.

Derek, with all these people being denied refunds, it's up to you to come through with the lawsuit.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

We are toxic ? I dont fel toxic.

Hey, Peter Gabriel, you feel toxic ?

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Justin Tyme posted:

No way, because you know if it comes out no matter how lovely it is these deluded morons will still claim its the best thing ever. If it doesn't come out, they have absolutely nothing. I want the whales to die with the shame that they spent 30k on a scam.

But if the game comes out and continues to garner negative publicity surrounding bugs or lack of content then we will get to see what other excuses the white knights will manage to construct now that "It's a PRE-ALPHA you guys" will be dead in the water.

I think it would be funny.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I liked the fact that he couldn't spawn anything. Live.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Justin Tyme posted:

The thing is that if it all goes tits up, they'll claim it was released and pull a Space Base (release one more patch and claim its published) shooting from alpha to finished. I imagine then they would release SQ 42 as nothing but a glorified movie, the 'game' elements being 'go here and shoot x' a thousand times and very bad FPS sections worthy of a budget title.

No matter what, they will still be sucking Chris Roberts' dick while the gaming world mocks them, considers Roberts a hack and a loser and still buy that imaginary Space Bulldozer .jpg so some retarded autist can fulfill his dreams of being a space garbage man.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

I liked the fact that he couldn't spawn anything. Live.

Why do u need a big graphical window border inside a monitor inside the game? What a lovely design choice.

Does Ben die a little inside every time someone says whales?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6123253/#Comment_6123253

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They'll just blame all 14 Derek Smarts for ruining the vision.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Why do u need a big graphical window border inside a monitor inside the game? What a lovely design choice.

Does Ben die a little inside every time someone says whales?

Yes, but that's more a constant and continuous degradation due to the overall state of his health than to what people say.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

i'm the worst chat interface that croberts has ever seen, despite being pretty much the same thing every mmo has had in the last 15 years

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

aleksendr posted:

We are toxic ? I dont fel toxic.

Hey, Peter Gabriel, you feel toxic ?

I feel pretty toxic but I've just had a roast beef dinner so it could be that

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

gently caress it go full Falcon 4.0 and have 20 minutes startup sequences where you have to hit every switch in the correct order, wait 10 minutes for the engine oil pressure to rise, etc. Give them what they want. Give them autism simulator 2019

What a stupid loving idiot

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Dapper Dan posted:

The thing is that if it all goes tits up, they'll claim it was released and pull a Space Base (release one more patch and claim its published) shooting from alpha to finished. I imagine then they would release SQ 42 as nothing but a glorified movie, the 'game' elements being 'go here and shoot x' a thousand times and very bad FPS sections worthy of a budget title.

No matter what, they will still be sucking Chris Roberts' dick while the gaming world mocks them, considers Roberts a hack and a loser and still buy that imaginary Space Bulldozer .jpg so some retarded autist can fulfill his dreams of being a space garbage man.

The SpaceBase DF-9 scenario seem probable, even more so with the upcoming "split" of SC and SQ 42. A final patch to allow private servers and thats it, thank you for the pledges suckers. With luck SQ 42 wont do too much damage to the reputation of the actors who loaned their voices to the characters.

But if that the case i hope the finances details come out and some economic teacher can make a good lesson about the "Pitfalls of crowd sourcing" with them. How can you take 100m of money and produce only about 20m of game material ?!?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

i'm the worst chat interface that croberts has ever seen, despite being pretty much the same thing every mmo has had in the last 15 years

I think he wants the chat interface to be part of the hud.....

Like in Elite dangerous. Lol

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Ash1138 posted:

I'm homeless santa hovering around whenever Chris is upset but having no helpful input to provide.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone has that screen shot of Chris roberts in Elite dangerous trying to rob you? Lol. I love the fact that the devs put real and fake people as npcs. I've run into "Vince clortho" and "your evil twin"

Why can't cig be so clever?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307287/ok-give-us-roadmap

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

gently caress it go full Falcon 4.0 and have 20 minutes startup sequences where you have to hit every switch in the correct order, wait 10 minutes for the engine oil pressure to rise, etc. Give them what they want. Give them autism simulator 2019

What a stupid loving idiot

The funny thing is how streamlined F4.0 was. Even the later realism fanpatches and BMS makes most of that optional because, being sim fanatics, they have this whole connectedness to reality and somehow, that also includes the realisation that not everyone wants that busywork every time they feel the urge to splash som MiGs.

It seems grotesquely apt that SC players would be so removed from anything resembling realism that they can't grasp such a simple idea.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Romes128 posted:

Anyone has that screen shot of Chris roberts in Elite dangerous trying to rob you? Lol. I love the fact that the devs put real and fake people as npcs. I've run into "Vince clortho" and "your evil twin"

Why can't cig be so clever?

Because such little pearls or mirth usually come from a reasonably serious place where you can do your job, have a laugh at yourself and probably self critique. CIG feel like a cubicle hell hole where your always chasing the next big event.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

The funny thing is how streamlined F4.0 was. Even the later realism fanpatches and BMS makes most of that optional because, being sim fanatics, they have this whole connectedness to reality and somehow, that also includes the realisation that not everyone wants that busywork every time they feel the urge to splash som MiGs.

It seems grotesquely apt that SC players would be so removed from anything resembling realism that they can't grasp such a simple idea.

Didn't the original 4.0 have a realism slider too? Only thing I can remember about the original is that glorious paper manual.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tippis posted:

Need to keep the plebes out.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

quote:

"We'll just have to agree to disagree. At least we can all find some common ground in saying the game is terrible."

I can't stop laughing at this.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

Need to keep the plebes out.

Fuckin casuals

You should be required to have a degree in physics and be a nasa certified astronaut to be able to play this space sim/cinematic fps.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

I can't stop laughing at this.

It didn't seem to make him agree to disagree :confused:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

I went to check the poll results today.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Didn't the original 4.0 have a realism slider too? Only thing I can remember about the original is that glorious paper manual.

It did, of a sorts. It was more a bunch of presets of various difficulty options, though: stuff like infinite weapons, collision damage toggle, g-effects, fuel, etc. You could pick a simplified flight model too, but that was about it (and tbh, the simplified model just made it more difficult to fly). It wasn't until official development had ceased that fans started to patch in full in-cockpit controls — before that, more than half the switches shown weren't simulated, and the vast majority of those that were were meant to be controlled through keyboard shortcuts.

Of course, the real paradox of the SC demands for more sim-like designs is that none of them seem to grasp what this would mean in terms of gameplay, and I highly doubt any of them would actually even remotely enjoy the game they're suggesting…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Romes128 posted:

You had different mode of flight and relative forgiveness of the physics model (Like ignoring the movement of the center of mass in your craft as you use ordnance). I think it had options for the complexity of E-warfare too.

You can get it for 10$ at GOG if someone feel like doing a lets play.

• Locked thread