Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

StarkRavingMad posted:

:getin: Jan 9 and 10 open

Just sent my email, thank god I didn't take a nap right after getting home. I didn't get the bounceback saying it was already full, so here's hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grozz Nuy posted:

Just sent my email, thank god I didn't take a nap right after getting home. I didn't get the bounceback saying it was already full, so here's hoping.

You're probably in! If you get an email that's like "we'll get back to you next week" then you're in for sure as far as I know.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

Son of Havok, Ivelisse, and Angelico which are "disfunctional mismatched underdog losers won it all." Setting aside all the crazy gimmicks, they stick to fairly basic wrestling principles.

Also they're bikers, though one of them is more into motocross than Harleys.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I loving love lucha underground so much

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Not exactly Lucha Underground but there's an article on Perro Aguayo Jr. in the latest issue of Playboy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

E: wrong thread

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/chrisdejoseph/status/678091403897868288

ell oh ell, doubleyou tee eff?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This was discussed in the WWE thread, but probably worth putting here as well

Wrestling Observer posted:

Angelico and Jack Evans did an interview with PlanetaDeporte in Spain and said they had twice been approached by WWE officials to see if there was interest in signing, but they both agreed they wanted to stick with Lucha Underground for as long as it continued to exist. They noted that they'd been approached during a PWG show. It's no secret that there are WWE office people who regularly attend most of the PWG shows.

Good guys :)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That jibes with what CDJ said about Canyon coming after Angelico

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hold the loving phone. The man behind LU is BIG DICK JOHNSON?!

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hold the loving phone. The man behind LU is BIG DICK JOHNSON?!

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!

Yup! He's an executive producer and one of the three writers. People don't realize it but he was WWE creative back when he was Big Dick Johnson. In fact, he ended being BDJ because they were coming up the concept in the writers' room (I think it was originally a prank played by DX on Vince to have a fat male stripper around) and someone said "hey why doesn't Chris do it?"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yup! He's an executive producer and one of the three writers. People don't realize it but he was WWE creative back when he was Big Dick Johnson. In fact, he ended being BDJ because they were coming up the concept in the writers' room (I think it was originally a prank played by DX on Vince to have a fat male stripper around) and someone said "hey why doesn't Chris do it?"

That's fantastic, goddamn

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

StarkRavingMad posted:

...and someone said "hey why doesn't Chris do it?"

"Someone" with clout in a WWE creative meeting came up with a way to humiliate a member of staff on live TV? Nah, that's totally implausible.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Just got my emails confirming that I'm in for the January tapings! Excited to finally see the temple firsthand.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Grozz Nuy posted:

Just got my emails confirming that I'm in for the January tapings! Excited to finally see the temple firsthand.

I sent that email because I am Matanza ha ha ha I am going to eat you

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mob posted:

I sent that email because I am Matanza ha ha ha I am going to eat you

reported for account sharing with King Cuerno, enjoy your ban fucker

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grozz Nuy posted:

You'll love it. It's...different than anywhere else.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

There has been some movement within the last week towards Lucha Underground running events in Texas next year, PWInsider.com has learned.

PWInsider has been told that The El Rey Network series and promotion has reached out to talents under contract who have commitments Wrestlemania week and informed them they may be needed for events in Texas during that time period.

So, it would appear that Lucha Underground is working on putting together something for that week. Stay tuned.

Oh.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the idea that they have plans for wrestlemania weekend but nothing is set in stone and no formal announcement yet is insane

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Im trying to get hyped but can never score tickets!!!! Ill kee eyes peeled for next window to sign up

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

the idea that they have plans for wrestlemania weekend but nothing is set in stone and no formal announcement yet is insane

Lucha.txt

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Before the New Year begins, have a brief interview with the former Trios Champs (and actually get to hear Angelico speak for once): https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/682680182084206593

and have a bonus pic of Ivie all "Diva-ed" out from her FCW days:

...she didn't quite fit in.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

wow so rebellious

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Love that she correctly hashtagged WWE in that post

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Everyone (male) always talk about how hard Ivelisse and Katrina are to deal with. But ultimately both have a lot of value.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
A bummer, as reported by the Observer:

quote:

Angelico is out of action for the next six weeks due to an undisclosed injury, which means due to the way the tapings are scheduled, he’ll be missing a large chunk of the second season.

PWG's twitter says it is a knee injury, in which case an estimated 6 weeks means it is likely relatively minor long-term, but that's a lot of tapings for LU. One thing they could potentially do is have him work a couple extra matches when he gets back to healthy and then backfill them into the season - it isn't unusual for them to tape stuff out of order. Depending on his knee and his non-wrestling mobility they could also just have him be ringside for Havoc and/or ivelisse so he doesn't abruptly disappear for like two and a half months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's funny because before Paige was calling herself the Anti-Diva, her and Ivelisse had an alliance called the Anti-Diva Army. So anytime they call Paige that, they're technically also referencing Ivelisse.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The trios champs will never be healthy at the same time again

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Grozz Nuy posted:

The trios champs will never be healthy at the same time again

Season Three, Son of Havoc's beard gets caught in a turnbuckle.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tickets up for the last four tapings of Season 2!

(Edit) it looks like right now everyone is getting the "no tickets available" bounce back from the earlier tapings still, which is likely a mistake (I doubt we had a two minute sellout for all dates) - update: definitely a mistake since I now got the good "you'll hear more next week" response back as well.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 4, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's probably pushing my luck to ask for 3 weekends off work in a month, so I decided to only request tickets for the 30th/31st this time. I figure if I can only go to one set I should probably make it Ultima Lucha.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I just emailed them an already got a bounceback, It's discouragingly difficult to go see this show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Choom Gangster posted:

I just emailed them an already got a bounceback, It's discouragingly difficult to go see this show.

Yeah the place seats like 1000 max (and by "seats" I'm including the standing room balcony) and with tickets being free they go pretty drat fast. If you don't get that email out in the first hour, it's probably all gone. This time they didn't do the advance notice for regulars either, or if they did I didn't get it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
They just put back up all the full matches that they took down from YouTube. Some renamed to be more descriptive, a few look like maybe they were remastered a little? Who knows what the deal was with all that.

Also reminder that tomorrow night and every Wednesday up until the season premiere, El Rey will be showing 5 hours of LU reruns starting at 8 eastern.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Do the streaming services that are showing LU have the first season up?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also reminder that tomorrow night and every Wednesday up until the season premiere, El Rey will be showing 5 hours of LU reruns starting at 8 eastern.

If any of you guy's know/see Robert Rodriguez please let him know that SA forum's Poster Gaz2k21 would be eternally greatful if he could make his wonderful channel available in the UK

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BigRed0427 posted:

Do the streaming services that are showing LU have the first season up?

Neither of them really have video on demand. Sling lets you replay stuff from like the last 3-5 days and fubo lets you online dvr upcoming soccer matches but neither would have last season available just whenever.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I wish they'd put it up on VOD. I just bought the first season of The Director's Chair in HD from Amazon for $2.99. If they could put up the first season of Lucha Underground in HD for $25-30, I'd buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got my email for attending the Saturday taping yesterday. Just curious, it says that they start letting people in at 1:30 and doors close at 3:30, how quickly do decent seats fill up? Getting into LA is a fairly significant drive for me so I'm wondering how early I should leave.

• Locked thread