Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
being british is pretty embarassing.

Just look at Mclaren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Claire Williams is british.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

You Am I posted:

Was the other dude the born again Christian boxer who wants all homosexuals killed?

No.

There are too many honest, God-fearing English folk with horror stories involving surplus tarmac and driveways. There's no way they's vote for a gypo, 'Irish Traveller'.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Claire Williams is british.

If I was British I wouldn't want to be associated with that either tbh

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Stop spreading foreign propaganada, Lewis and Britain love each other. I'm sure Lewis will recover, it was probably a very close vote and there's no shame in losing to the best tennis player of his generation

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol woman who came third only got 8%. Tyson Fury was fourth and Lewis was 5th. Yup, the people of Britain love a sexist, racist, homophobic gypo more than Lewis.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
First off, gyppo is racist, and secondly he ain't a pikey. His dad was but got better. Tyson's a good Catholic English lad.

Also Lewis shouldn't count as English; he doesn't pay his taxes there.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
BBC F1 has ended

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35149963

Channel 4 has taken up the BBC's contract, starting next year. Channel 4 can be Very good with Sports stuff, but motor racing is a complete new one for them.

edit:

Channel 4's press release -

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-becomes-terrestrial-home-of-formula-1?hootPostID=dde274dfb372ab4d0ede906f68a35e34

Key point is there will be no Ad Breaks in the races.

ukle fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 21, 2015

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

ukle posted:

BBC F1 has ended

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35149963

Channel 4 has taken up the BBC's contract, starting next year. Channel 4 can be Very good with Sports stuff, but motor racing is a complete new one for them.

edit:

Channel 4's press release -

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-becomes-terrestrial-home-of-formula-1?hootPostID=dde274dfb372ab4d0ede906f68a35e34

Key point is there will be no Ad Breaks in the races.

Bernie got his wish. Sky is giving him massive amounts of cash and those who won't bow down are gone

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Awww all I asked santa for this year was for Eddie Jordan to get fired and it looks like Santa may have delivered, I wonder if he will bring me a bonus DC to replace crofty on sky as well?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

New presenters announced...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
In other news Renault only made the decision not to pull out of the sport entirely in Abu Dhabi which is why it took so long for them to buy Lotus. Also Prost is probably going to be coming back to the team in some capacity.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

As long as they take Lee with them, I'll be happy...

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

learnincurve posted:

Awww all I asked santa for this year was for Eddie Jordan to get fired

You go to hell and you die. (AND you want DC? He's the worst grid walker in history. He often gets lost and walks off the grid before getting a quick interview with Felipe massa)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

You Am I posted:

I have a 2010 McLaren polo

You'd look cooler in a 1987 Volkswagen Polo.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Why? The British deep down hate Americans

"deep down"?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Is anyone actually going to have races online at all? I ended up watching pretty much every race last year on iPlayer. I'm in the US and don't have cable, so my choices for watching anything were already limited. Sounds like I'm going to have to resort to :filez: for watching anything except the couple of races that NBC shows (badly) on broadcast tv.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's Bernie dude, he couldn't work out how to make money off streaming or social media so pretends it does not exist. Serious answer, f1 official reviews are awesome, all of them are good but they have been improving in leaps and bounds since 2005. Main video run time is average 280 minutes and then you get a couple of hours worth of extras on a second disk. 2015 video is out tomorrow.

edit: big part of that improvement was when they stopped setting X time dedicated to each race and shortened the poo poo ones and showed a lot more of the better races. They also do show all the backstage drama now as well.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 21, 2015

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
It's a shame that C4's on-demand service is the worst on-demand service in the world.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I have no idea why, but I find this absolutely hysterical

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I never, ever thought I would see the day F1 went to Channel 4 of all places. These really are dark days for F1.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

My only concern is if I will still get to see Lee swing her hips down the paddock.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I never, ever thought I would see the day F1 went to Channel 4 of all places. These really are dark days for F1.

Evidently you don't remember Damon Hill winning a WDC.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

gret posted:

My only concern is if I will still get to see Lee swing her hips down the paddock.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Channel 4 did wonders for WRC in the early 2000's.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Evidently you don't remember Damon Hill winning a WDC.

:troll:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://www.inautonews.com/hamilton-says-he-is-dyslexic

quote:

World champion Lewis Hamilton has revealed he is dyslexic

Thus emulating the Great British Jackie Stewart, or as Lewis colloquially knows him, "man".

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

http://www.inautonews.com/hamilton-says-he-is-dyslexic

Thus emulating the Great British Sir Jackie Stewart, or as Lewis colloquially knows him, "man".

Fixing this before Myddrins loses his god drat mind over it

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Fixing this before Myddrins loses his god drat mind over it

:troll:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So Channel 4 bought a stake in a production company this year.

The other owners, David Coulthard and Jake Humphrey....

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
fake-fake-jake?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I guess we are going to find out if DC hates Eddie as much as Brundle does

Eddie sold Brundle's seat from under him last second for more money without going to Brundle first, and either giving him the opportunity to talk to his sponsors, or the time to find another seat, and this is what ended his F1 career. Eddie does not get to criticize Ron for dropping Kevin.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Brundle's career ended because he was old.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/formula1/michael-schumacher-german-magazine-claims-f1-legend-is-walking-again/ar-BBnOY6Y?ocid=spartandhp

Apparently our favourite german is walking again!!!! I thought he has locked in syndrome.

German Magazine posted:

A German magazine has claimed stricken Formula 1 racing legend Michael Schumacher has started walking again – taking tentative steps with the aid of a carer. Glossy magazine Bunte published a front page story on Tuesday (22 December) in which it quoted a "confidante" of the star.

The unnamed source reportedly said: "Michael is very thin. But he can once again walk a little with the help of his therapist. He manages to walk a few steps. He can even raise his arm."

But Schumacher's representatives have denied the story's claims, accusing staff at Bunte of giving "false hope".

Long-term manager, Sabine Kehm, said: "Unfortunately, we are forced by a recent press report to clarify that the assertion that Michael could move again is not true. Such speculation is irresponsible, because given the seriousness of his injuries, his privacy is very important for Michael. Unfortunately they also give false hopes to many involved people."

Bunte said it stood by what it had printed and would not be retracting the piece, which describes Schumacher's "improvement" as a "Christmas miracle".

It is almost exactly two years to the day since the seven-time Formula 1 world champion suffered horrific head injuries after hitting a rock while skiing at the French Alps resort of Mirabel with wife Corinna and children Mick and Gina Maria.

The accident, on 29 December 2013, saw him airlifted to hospital and undergo two emergency brain surgeries. He was left in an induced coma for months. Released from hospital in September 2014, he has since been recovering in a purpose-built medical suite at his Lake Geneva mansion in Switzerland where a team of 15 people look after him round-the-clock.

Reports on his condition have previously been few and far between with strict media controls imposed by his family. In November 2014, former racing driver Philippe Streiff told French radio Schumacher was paralyzed and in a wheelchair, suffering "memory and speech problems".

His manager Kehm revealed in April this year Schumacher was "making progress" but was still immobile and unable to speak. Last month, FIA president Jean Todt, a close friend of the star, was reported to have said Schumacher was "still fighting", adding: "I see Michael very often and Michael is still fighting. Michael is a close friend, his family is very close to me and I am very close to them as well. We must keep him fighting with the family."

Wife Corinna, who is managing her husband's finances as the former racing driver receives treatment, reportedly sold their £25m private jet and holiday home after accepting her husband may never fully recover.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah, and those claims were quickly rebuked.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-walking-claims-slammed-by-manager-as-irresponsible/

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
The man is functionally brain dead. If he could do anything at this point they'd release it just to shut everyone up.

#ForzaJules

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

The man is functionally brain dead. If he could do anything at this point they'd release it just to shut everyone up.

#ForzaJules

To be fair, when you have to sell your own private jet you know the poo poo just got real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Winning 5 WDCs for Ferrari must not pay that well.

• Locked thread