Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

blueberrysmith posted:

This is so deluded it's frightening. Empty promises is somehow a working game?

it is a year old post

but i think if he got the chance to write it today it would be the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Can I get a name change to Deadlime please?

loving EA with it's microtransactions. Give me in game items I can buy for literally 100 times the price of the game any day.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

it is a year old post

but i think if he got the chance to write it today it would be the same

That's fair, didn't realize that.

On the second point, I'm sure you are correct.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Brb watching the World 100 meter Bicycle Race Finals

With athletes such as Benjamin Lesnick, it's the toughest challenge for bike manufacturers worldwide

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Ravane posted:

CIGs financials are the only thing they're not being open about purely because they know they've wasted their money. And these shitizens don't want to see the financials despite totally being entitled to it, because they don't want to discover the truth about their Best drat Space Sim Ever.

Since when have mountains of fried chicken, hookers and blow been considered a waste of money?

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 21, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Is this even real life anymore?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

James make an account so we can tell you to go gently caress yourself to your face

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

With athletes such as Benjamin Lesnick, it's the toughest challenge for bike manufacturers worldwide

Ben won by falling over

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

2DCAT posted:

Is this even real life anymore?

This is better than real life. This is Star Citizen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
List of threads in the Brown Sea's concern subforum that have resulted in a genuine effort at adressing said issue:

spathi-wa
Sep 8, 2005
hu hu hu ^_^
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

what do i have to do to join the ramming club

just bend over

or?

PM me

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

SelenicMartian posted:

Is Ben a reverse ninja?

Ben is everything a ninja isn't, so I'd say yes.

Although Ben can assassinate some things very well usually things with four types of cheese

Because he's morbidly obese and has an eating disorder, you see

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

There you go ladies and gents, the perfect fan of an upcoming MMO.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Chris Roberts once shot a man in Reno
Just 'cause he was high

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ravane posted:

How are these people not getting that other companies with publishers don't need to reveal their business practices, and typically don't reveal development to anyone besides the publisher. Because it's the publisher's money invested into the game. That's how they avoid controversy.

With Star Citizen, it's the whales' monies. People are treating CIG like they're incredible for having an open development, when CIG has to have an open development, otherwise they'd get crucified for not delivering the game back in 2014. If CIG didn't have an open development, if kickstarters didn't have open development, nobody would loving crowdfund them, because how would you know if ben lesnick is eating your money or not? But they're so loving blind, that ben lesnick is eating their money right in front of them, and the only thing that prevents them from seeing the truth is the building that hides the money being funneled out into Lesnick's jaws.

CIGs financials are the only thing they're not being open about purely because they know they've wasted their money. And these shitizens don't want to see the financials despite totally being entitled to it, because they don't want to discover the truth about their Best drat Space Sim Ever.

When i read about CIG "Open Dev" i can do nothing but smile. 10 Youtubes show (from wich they get ad revenue) about a game is not "Open Dev". It feel people have been fed so much sponsored content from mass media that they cant differenciate marketing from information anymore.

All that "10 for the chairman" and "loving the verse sideway" is smoke an mirror.

"Open" mean public financials, public dev documents, publishing milestones and if you fail meeting them, telling the crowd why.

Look at these people :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0sK7Xqfvpc

They have a more "open" process than "Lets-do-4-art-pass-and-change-the-craft-role-and-capabilities-twice-after-its-been-sold-RSI" will ever have.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 21, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Well I sure am glad we gave them another place to air their grievances.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

List of threads in the Brown Sea's concern subforum that have resulted in a genuine effort at adressing said issue:

To be honest its hard to have any serious issues when all you have is a tech demo/ unstable alpha where nothing is nailed down and everythgin is subject to change at the drop of a hat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Citizen is online only I thought?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

chris robert's wish fulfililment simulator 2019 is whatever you want it to be

its like the room of requirement for harry potter, you just think about whatever you want, and thats what he is making

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

I said come in! posted:

It is but they claim they will have a working pvp/pve slider so they can choose their level of immersion. Because you know of nothing is more immersion breaking then having to interact with real people.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

But it has* a PvP slider.

e:f;b

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

It is but they claim they will have a working pvp/pve slider so they can choose their level of immersion.

One could almost call it a Spectrum

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

I said come in! posted:

There are rumors of a "PVP slider" that the whale can wiggle to set the ammount of PVP they want (i.e only the one they are sure to win)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5FWftRwRQ

I cant make sense how it really work and /or how it will interact with the newsvan ship camera.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I hope one of the in-game professions is space movie director.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

That's from a year ago, but I don't ever remember Braben being full of empty promises.

If anything, it's Roberts who has that problem. He has this grand vision of a game, but has no concept of programming that his vision requires and if it's even possible or practical with current technology.
He either ignores people who tell him no, or just surrounds himself with yes men. Either of them just give him this inflated sense of self and he things whatever he comes up with is doable.
He just doesn't know his limitations and never will.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

So I can't shake this feeling that Sandi will be the love interest of SQ42, so that citizens the world over can live out their fantasies of being with a space shrew.

That and the level of writing will amount to scenes of Mark Hamill character saying things like "We have to FORCE the door open." As Croberts directs him to smile and wink at the camera. "I awoke from a dream of walking across the sky."

"He was once a Freelancing Privater. I heard he also commanded a wing against the Vanduuls".

Just a whole bunch of horribly cringe worthy dialog all filled with nods to their past poo poo for the fans.

And Croberts will deem this ALL Oscar worthy.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I said come in! posted:

They offered private servers as a feature. Said servers would be able to be run offline, or as a private option for people who wanted to mod them. This was back in the day when the game was Freelancer 2015.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Out of curiosity I sent a message to the reddit mods inquiring why it was I had been banned. I didn't actually expect a reply but I got one and it seems (at least that's what I was told) that it was all some snafu with a bot banning new accounts that made a lot of posts in a short period or something.

Anyway... seems like my suspicions of having been banned due to some unwritten "no new goons" policy were unfounded. Credit where credit is due.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I don't know anything about this game other than people paid thousands of dollars for in game items. I watched a streamer walk around and get in a space ship and that was pretty neat but there didn't seem to be anything to do yet. I tried figuring out what is the game actually about by reading some of this thread and I'm pretty sure I have to see a therapist now, thanks goons.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Amarcarts posted:

I hope one of the in-game professions is space movie director.

For all the bashing the newsvan and other stupid ship idea they have been spewing recently i would absolutely be down to have "Search and Rescue" role/career added to the usual trade, harvest, fight and explore of regular space sim.

PVP and PVE actions could generate S&R buoy that you can access and do some activity where you have to navigate inside the maze-like wreckage to get to the signal and then maybe a "Dr.Mario" minigame to heal the patient ?

I would be totally willing to play "space ambulance" or "space coast guard" between rounds of whale ramming.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So I can't shake this feeling that Sandi will be the love interest of SQ42, so that citizens the world over can live out their fantasies of being with a space shrew.

Cant wait for the rule 34 on that. If judging by the level of obsession you can see from Mass Effect fans she is in for quite a ride.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

aleksendr posted:

For all the bashing the newsvan and other stupid ship idea they have been spewing recently i would absolutely be down to have "Search and Rescue" role/career added to the usual trade, harvest, fight and explore of regular space sim.

PVP and PVE actions could generate S&R buoy that you can access and do some activity where you have to navigate inside the maze-like wreckage to get to the signal and then maybe a "Dr.Mario" minigame to heal the patient ?

I would be totally willing to play "space ambulance" or "space coast guard" between rounds of whale ramming.

Yeah but see the thing is that those are entire games in and of themselves and it's insanity to suggest that they're just one more role in your completely unfinished fighting trading pirating capital ship sciencing space life simulator.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I don't know anything about this game other than people paid thousands of dollars for in game items. I watched a streamer walk around and get in a space ship and that was pretty neat but there didn't seem to be anything to do yet. I tried figuring out what is the game actually about by reading some of this thread and I'm pretty sure I have to see a therapist now, thanks goons.

No need to go any further, there will be therapists in the 'Verse.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

That and the level of writing will amount to scenes of Mark Hamill character saying things like "We have to FORCE the door open." As Croberts directs him to smile and wink at the camera. "I awoke from a dream of walking across the sky."

"He was once a Freelancing Privater. I heard he also commanded a wing against the Vanduuls".

Just a whole bunch of horribly cringe worthy dialog all filled with nods to their past poo poo for the fans.

And Croberts will deem this ALL Oscar worthy.

The word 'Verse will be used even though Dave Haddock hates it. You will here an A-list actor say "Tali" in a dead serious tone.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
How much does a space therapy session cost? This is operating under the assumption that a bloody mary is 5k space dollars and a space ship is only 20k space dollars.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 21, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aleksendr posted:

Unfortunately the ship dedicated to that gameplay is one of the shittiest vessels in the game.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Happy Sisyphus posted:

just want everyone in the thread to know that if you were on fire i WOULD take the time to piss on you

I'll piss on everyone even if they're not on fire, if they so desire.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The word 'Verse will be used even though Dave Haddock hates it. You will here an A-list actor say "Tali" in a dead serious tone.

"GET TO THE TALI!"

"we've got a whole lot of problems out in the verse with the Vanduuls. Someone get me Maverick and Merlin, and goddammit someone find me Iceman! "

Cause you know of Robert's is a huge top gun fan. Man loves" playing with the boys". . There will probably even be a space volleyball scene all about team building.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 21, 2015

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

This one is so cute.

can we keep him please can we keep him can we can we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well I sure am glad we gave them another place to air their grievances.
Me too.

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2418250943

• Locked thread