Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Bobfly posted:

Speaking of Mumble, what do you PS4 dudes do?
We use the PS4 party chat or we don't talk because of crippling social anxiety

Bobfly posted:

You don't keep your laptops open next to your TV, do you? Is the game's built in voice comm worth a drat?
No yes because my laptop outputs to my tv, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Is the Festive Update going live? I now have three free festive horn loops that I can add in at LSC.

fake edit: Festive masks and clothing are live too!

edit: This outfit + freakout animation = A Christmas miracle

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 21, 2015

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Slim Killington posted:

I play constantly without a mic on missions, because there's not really poo poo you ever need to communicate for. Don't suck and you can do virtually all of the missions alone. You don't need to talk to me to get the mission done, just do the mission and don't suck.

Mics are for free roam and loving around playlists.

Man, if you think not communicating with anyone in multiplayer games is fun as-is, you'll be amazed by how much more fun they are when you play them with other people and you're not anti-social.

e: everyone's going to be a filthy santa

There's two Cognosceti's, does it matter which one I get? Like, as far as performance goes... Or should I be getting the Schafter? poo poo.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 21, 2015

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Edit: NVM it finally showed up!

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 21, 2015

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Jose Mengelez posted:

You only need to blow up his kuruma twice, after that the mechanic will be on a cooldown for five minutes. If you cant figure out how to rustle up an easy 2k to place a couple of bounties in this game you're probably mentally subnormal.

Also stop getting mad at kuruma noobs. If they're outplaying you, you're awful.

Well, it was actually a squad of Insurgent noobs throwing explosives, with a Buzzard friend, versus me on foot with the few weapons my rank 10 rear end had unlocked, mostly out of ammo from attempting to defend myself. If that is outplaying me then :shrug: I must be awful. To be honest I should have probably gone into passive mode, but I was in the middle of trying to do something unrelated to said death squad.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

UserErr0r posted:

e: everyone's going to be a filthy santa

not me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suzbNwQTQh4

Arsonide posted:

To be honest I should have probably gone into passive mode,

nah, death before dishonor :black101:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is there usually any vehicles or weapons associated with the Festive update? The new clothes are nice, especially since they're all free.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I wish we were allowed to keep the clothes from the update past the event. :(

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Wee Bairns posted:

I wish we were allowed to keep the clothes from the update past the event. :(

Pretty sure you can, just go buy them, everything is free as far as I can see, also noticed my stilt house has a Christmas tree up. Going to check my yacht next.
EDIT: The yacht has a tree up at the top of the stairs on the second floor. Sadly they've not seen fit to give the bartender a festive makeover.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 21, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Pretty sure you can, just go buy them...

You could last year as well, but once the event was over, the clothes dissappear from your inventory. Which probably explains the price tag...

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Arsonide posted:

I hit escape, online, new session, because I don't want (or need) handouts. I want to play the game as it was meant to be played.

Oh this is just precious

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Please direct all handouts to my bank account, I got a yacht to buy. Thanks in advance.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Psion posted:

Please direct all handouts to my bank account, I got a yacht to buy. Thanks in advance.

You and me both, pal.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Festive Surprise newswire post is out.

Items will be available until January 5th, and there is a mention of other free gifts that will be given out. I don't see anything about the Tampa or fireworks though.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Aardmania posted:

Items will be available until January 5th, and there is a mention of other free gifts that will be given out. I don't see anything about the Tampa or fireworks though.

I just want the drat Roosevelt to be available again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can you spawn into GTA Online on your yacht, or house/apartment only?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

There are options for random placement or last location too. Also you can go to an owned garage if you like.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Aardmania posted:

"Free gifts" is probably a full Fireworks Launcher ammo plus some molotovs.

titties
May 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yes, you can spawn onto your boat. It's in the options along with the rest of your spawn location options.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So your stats go down overtime?

Round 32145 of trying to get the stupid insurgent heist done. Please. All I want for Christmas...

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Soulex posted:

No, but sometimes they display all hosed up

They only go down for real if rockstar is punishing you for some sort of hacking or exploit that also raised them

titties
May 10, 2012

Soulex posted:

Round 32145 of trying to get the stupid insurgent heist done. Please. All I want for Christmas...

They are supposed to, but only if you haven't logged in.

I know I have gone more than a month without playing, then logged in to see that my main character had not lost anything (all stats maxed), while my level 70-something alt was almost completely wiped.

The alt had been maxed except for lung capacity, it may be that stats don't degrade once all stats are completely topped?

E: get a PS4 for christmas instead and I will help you complete the heists and look super fine while doing it

e2:

Cute as heck posted:

daddi will never give me his cummies now

now now don't be too hasty

e3:

frenton posted:

You sound like a friendly and fun person to play with.

He is actually and he should come back to PS4

titties fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 21, 2015

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

titties posted:

question mark

I'M VERY SORRY

I'm in the middle of moving and had to do some important moving stuff and im pathetic and worthless and daddi will never give me his cummies now

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Soulex posted:

More important than stats, I think progress with strippers resets to like 10% if you take a break from wasting sharkcard money on them, unless you hit 100% with them.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I tried to go get the new masks n stuff but the PC version is a nightmare, hackers basically own it now :(

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

I tried to go get the new masks n stuff but the PC version is a nightmare, hackers basically own it now :(

It's okay, they're banning all those nefarious cash spawners and leaving all of the actual griefers alone. :v:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Virulence posted:

It's okay, they're banning all those nefarious cash spawners and leaving all of the actual griefers alone. :v:

is that really the case? Nobody is gonna want to buy shark cards if they can't even buy stuff cos they're too busy being teleported around and crushed with jumbo jets, Rockstar

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

UserErr0r posted:

More important than stats, I think progress with strippers resets to like 10% if you take a break from wasting sharkcard money on them, unless you hit 100% with them.

Lol if you think you need shark cards for strippers it takes like 80 dollars to 120 to max one of them out. If that amount of cash is a bridge to far I have bad news.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Will you get to keep the winter gear this time instead of them automagically deleting it from the inventory?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

StabMasterArson posted:

is that really the case? Nobody is gonna want to buy shark cards if they can't even buy stuff cos they're too busy being teleported around and crushed with jumbo jets, Rockstar

Non-public sessions are a thing. Besides, if I ever bought a sharkcard and bought something flashy, I'd probably do it to show off to friends not that I have any rather than pubbies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

Will you get to keep the winter gear this time instead of them automagically deleting it from the inventory?

The winter announcement implied that you lose it but you got to keep the halloween stuff I think?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
No candy cane shank melee weapon? Missed opportunity, Rockstar. 0/10

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Is there a way to send a hit after someone now? I was hiding in the mine waiting out a bounty and some NPC surprised me and kills me.

I then sat on my yacht and let the defenses take care of some buzzards.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Dear Rockstar: just turn the loving snow on already and leave it on for 2 weeks or something god drat

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

geeves posted:

Is there a way to send a hit after someone now? I was hiding in the mine waiting out a bounty and some NPC surprised me and kills me.

Merryweather mercs?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Craptacular posted:

Merryweather mercs?

That's what I thought at first, but the NPC was definitely in street clothes not a merc outfit.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Im on pc, on winter vacation, and want to play with goons. id be willing to connect my headset and connect to voicechat to play with goons

where the goons at?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/kormak1

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

geeves posted:

That's what I thought at first, but the NPC was definitely in street clothes not a merc outfit.

Going back to online's launch in 2013, sometimes a mugger will accidentally kill me when it catches me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm fine with them taking the outfits away if it means I don't have to drop $300K on a mask and pajamas. There's something really fun about every player going Christmas insane for 2 weeks out of the year and it would lose something if it became another Shark Card grab.

That said I may be on PS4 a bit later if any goons want to let me hang out on their boats. I don't have my headset but we can communicate via points and taunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

If you ditch a bigass plane, and it "crashes" in the distance out of your immediate render range, but it's still in your long distance render range, it apparently just bounces around the skyline
Either that, or Mike is a modder and made his plane damage-proof.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 22, 2015

• Locked thread