Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

BMan posted:

Interesting, but what does this have to do with star citizen?

About the same as jokes about Ben's weight or Sandi's busted face. It's just trivia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

D_Smart posted:

You said it was PM. Which means that you would know if it was a Goon or not.

:10bux: does not a true goon make. Ask me, a 2015 reg date, about true goonieness and my love for mangosteen.

This is the PM in question:

Nicholas already fessed up to it earlier in the thread, it was just a mass goon reach out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=858&perpage=40#post454093874

But I am going to stick to my "Angry redditors trying to find fuel for the escapist article defamation case", because that's the most entertaining narrative I can come up with.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 21, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amarcarts posted:

Sadly no about the screenshot. I don't have any other accounts. I did use a disposable email but that isn't exactly a crime last time I checked.

If you log back in it will still give you a banned message.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

G0RF posted:

RANDOM CRAP

Here's Star Citizen superfan (and almost CIG marketing employee) Nikki "Batgirl" DeAngelo''s latest State of the Game video.

Running up stairs to the landing paid, she turns while still talking. Her Cutlass has spawned with its rear end propped up on some miscellaneous piece of space architecture.

Game crashes less than 2 minutes after she manages to get it off the landing pad.

10 Minutes in, this happens.

10:30 into the game, she gets out of her seat, which drops her out of her ship, and then it drifts away.

She floats towards it. As she nears it, her shadow somehow manages to render atop the ship, yet below the decal teeth.

This is the State of the Game.

"You came here to see gameplay and what your going to get is me talking a lot"

The cognitive dissonance is staggering in that video

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Now I've been banned from the chat. I participated in some discussion about the F-35 (very typical internet chat), then some talk about lasers. Then I asked if they had any plans for any other capital ships for the game. All in all everybody seemed pretty friendly. I wasn't stealth trolling or anything I was literally just checking out the community first hand to get an impression. Hadn't actually done that before.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I love that Vanessa and I are apparently puppets for Derek. That's funny, I don't see strings coming out of my rear end. Also, last I checked the majority of what we write is NON Star Citizen related. Guess they just conveniently ignore all of that though.
I told you it would be glorious :)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Check my expanded version above, Neurotic Jew-- there was more than I realized. I lot more. And I'm still not done watching it!

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
Have I missed anything interesting?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Amarcarts posted:

Now I've been banned from the chat. I participated in some discussion about the F-35 (very typical internet chat), then some talk about lasers. Then I asked if they had any plans for any other capital ships for the game. All in all everybody seemed pretty friendly. I wasn't stealth trolling or anything I was literally just checking out the community first hand to get an impression. Hadn't actually done that before.

Are you sure you are logged in?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Apparently there's an RP community that does that crap in the Chat.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Mirificus posted:

I told you it would be glorious :)

It has been far more than glorious. It's been magnificent. I just found one of them has apparently been watching me on Twitter, via posting quotes from my tweets. These people...(and I know you guys are reading this. Good. Good for you.)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

It has been far more than glorious. It's been magnificent. I just found one of them has apparently been watching me on Twitter, via posting quotes from my tweets. These people...(and I know you guys are reading this. Good. Good for you.)

Maybe you'll even get your own subreddit.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

'Those people' live anywhere that is not a city and some even in the cities. Just yesterday they voted 2:1 (granted with only like 20-25% participation at polls) to keep LGBT folks with less legal rights than straights over in my EU-member country and the arguments they put forth before then were so brain-dead they deserved to be on Jerry Springer. So yeah, every country has them in spades, wherever religion rules and the cities don't.

I guess it's no surprise, though, to see such faithful, backwards people also get sucked into cults like that of Crobbers.

Time to move.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

BluestreakBTHR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

Daztek posted:

Are you sure you are logged in?

I'm beginning to think it's just website issues. I was able to get back into the chat but with the forums it just keeps going back to the main page you get when you're an unregistered user. Even after I click the register button or the "My RSI" button it just loops back.

I'd contact customer support about it. But in the words of a helpful member of the community: "It may take a while : ( "

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I love that Vanessa and I are apparently puppets for Derek. That's funny, I don't see strings coming out of my rear end. Also, last I checked the majority of what we write is NON Star Citizen related. Guess they just conveniently ignore all of that though.

Apparently anyone with criticisms of Star Citizen is just a Derek Smart puppet. Star Citizen is just so good it is literally unbelievable that people with any criticisms of it must be a plant or puppet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SerCypher posted:

I think there are lots of legitimate things to make fun of this person for that don't require creeping on them.

For example they spent money on star citizen.

Yeah. Her personal life is her personal life, and frankly there's nothing in that article worthy of mockery or even commenting on.

Now $4000 spent and she can't even get through a sentence gushing about THE DREAM without swearing a blue streak about how hosed up something is? That's loving hilarious.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

Check my expanded version above, Neurotic Jew-- there was more than I realized. I lot more. And I'm still not done watching it!

It's pretty much just as good as the Chris Roberts' video besides the fact that Chris Roberts was live and is Chris Roberts. 9/10.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Bait and Swatch posted:

"You came here to see gameplay and what your going to get is me talking a lot"

The cognitive dissonance is staggering in that video

Why is a bloke called Batgirl? It's a guy.. right?.. :niggly:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amarcarts posted:

That little red icon in the upper right corner indicates you're not logged in. Also the message says your account is authenticated. You haven't been banned.

Yet.

bumbles posted:

Why is a bloke called Batgirl? It's a guy.. right?.. :niggly:

Nope. She's a woman.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Amarcarts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2wEMeKJ7g

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That little red icon in the upper right corner indicates you're not logged in. Also the message says your account is authenticated. You haven't been banned.

Yet.

It's a quite common layer 8 error.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

It's a quite common layer 8 error.

Layer 9 is guacamole.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. She's a woman.

:gary::yikes::yarg:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

aleksendr posted:

For all the bashing the newsvan and other stupid ship idea they have been spewing recently i would absolutely be down to have "Search and Rescue" role/career added to the usual trade, harvest, fight and explore of regular space sim.

PVP and PVE actions could generate S&R buoy that you can access and do some activity where you have to navigate inside the maze-like wreckage to get to the signal and then maybe a "Dr.Mario" minigame to heal the patient ?

I would be totally willing to play "space ambulance" or "space coast guard" between rounds of whale ramming.

Only if you promise to deliver your patient to goon prison when you are done with him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Actually gently caress that layer 9 is black olives.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. She's a woman.

:can:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
2016 prediction:

AC2.3 comes out featuring:

the worst possible implementation of planetary landing because gently caress Braben
the drink mixing ship because Hairy Roberts stroked Chris' ego
zero-g making GBS threads because there's that one guy at CIG who likes poop too much

And nothing else, no space court, no massive jpegs, hundreds of systems, space weed growing, space hospitals, any sort of space economy etc.

Then that's declared the PU and fans rush to r/starcitizen to write pages and pages about how it's the best thing every and they definitely weren't scammed. Luckily it's not a problem that they never raised the instance cap because after two weeks peak concurrency is below16 players.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow...

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

Exackly

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2419390731

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/pcgamerfte/pc_gamer_confesses_our_secret_shame/#comment-2301823283

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

:frogout:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:gizz:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. She's a woman.

That is not what I expected.

Well she comes so close melting down at multiple times in that video, it just depicts the constant failure of SC the game whatever it is so perfectly

Lmao off at The landing problems around 17 minutes in

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just want to post that I am not a parachute account, I am Legend Derek Smart

This is where you are wrong.

We all are Smart In Derek.

That foul false prophet the Crobber begs for donations and begs for faith that, one day, redemption will come, but when it is ready. Our Lord of Logic comes to us and offers his wisdom, "Look at the facts and make up your own drat mind. Or I might sue you." free of charge to those that will listen. I am not sure if Our Logician Derek has a spouse, but, even if he does, I am sure she is blessed among women, unlike the tawdry scarecrow the Crobber regularly ruts with in filth, degradation, and Cheeto dust...

This, my brethren, is why we are all Smart in Derek, as long as we keep our riches away from the Crobber, rejecting his false promises of paradise just over the horizon, we concentrate on fact rather than the fiction spun by the Crobber, and our pubes unshaven to ward off the atteacks of the Gaping Abomination called Sandi.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Are there monthly fees? If I buy a cheap ship now for 45 bux will I have to buy the game when(if?) it comes out?

The only reason to buy the game at this stage is for griefing and that is an exercise in self-flagellation, you're basically trolling others by rolling over broken glass and bleeding all over their clothes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

But I'm not any of those things, do I not exist?

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
I really think they must be spending a metric poo poo-ton on servers.

It might be why they didn't want to roll out the PU to everyone, the cost of running them was too high. They must have done a cost/benefit and decided to go for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop 500,000 at least on cloud servers this month, as there is no way they're running them out of their own datacenter.

It is probably draining the funds even faster than before, but if they don't do it then people will keep getting refunds.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I downloaded the star citizen to go along with the ship someone gave me.

It runs like garbage even at low. Is there some way to make it not run as bad? I saw hundreds of pages back someone had changes to a cfg file or something.

So far, in the about 40 minutes i could tolerate playing it:

It took a long time to remap the controls- if you bind something that's already bound, it doesn't tell you or unbind it from the other control. Leads to unwanted behavior.

I got stuck in the T-posture and gliding through the floor.

I tried to do the friendship drive knockoff thing and it worked for a while then the ship just exploded.

I cant really figure out the difference between 'boost' and 'afterburner.' Neither seems to have a visual effect when viewed in 3rd person.

I cant seem to find a speedometer on my ship.

The m50 doesnt seem very good for ramming, it just gets stuck to bigger ships. its worth 80 dollars in store credit if i melt it, should i get something else?

I have 24,000 "UEC" which i gather is a cash shop thing but can't be used to buy ships? What's it for and can I do anything with it?

Is there any way to get access to spawn other ships aside from buying them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Go gently caress yourself, James Brand.

Also, SA ain't private you dipshit.

Well, it does kinda cost money to have fun that could be better spent on SPAAAAAAAAAAACCCEEE JAYYYYYPEGSSSSSS!

• Locked thread