Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have some chicken that I left out overnight, its been sitting on the floor in room temperature dining room for like 12 hours, can I still eat it if I reboil it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op taste the juice (to make sure it's ok)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

post a picture of the floor chicken

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the juice tastes fine its just a little cold but like I said it should be fine if I reboil it, right?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Was it covered? And what temperature was the chicken at/the floor it was stored on at?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

whoflungpoop posted:

Was it covered? And what temperature was the chicken at/the floor it was stored on at?

it was on the floor but i had a bowl over it, approx 75 degrees for like 12 hours? please let me know im really hungry

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I told this person that it would be bad but they said 'no, the chicken is cooked it doesn't matter if it is left out or not it's just like eating wings left out overnight' and I told them they were wrong and they started calling me a germaphobe.

You guys forgot to mention it was in a pot/bowl all night sitting in its own juices and also a cat lives in the apartment.

Please do not eat floor chicken.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I have some chicken that I left out overnight, its been sitting on the floor in room temperature dining room for like 12 hours, can I still eat it if I reboil it?

Industry standards say it'll be good for two hours max out of temperature, which is between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Probably your chicken went out of temp within an hour or two, and has been out of temp for a while. Do not eat.

Edit: Oh god, 75 degrees for 12 hours. Do not eat!

Informational Edit: That range is the range in which bacteria can propagate. At colder temperatures, harmful bacteria will not reproduce quickly. At higher temperatures, they will die.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
idk though if I just boil it again it should be fine, i mean it killed anything gross on it the first time right

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
If it's just going to be eaten by you it should be fine. I wouldn't serve it to anyone else though it might be considered a faux pas.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm bringing it to my moms for chirstmas dinner

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

voted 6.9

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Nooner posted:

From a commercial standpoint, never. Even an hour at 75f is too cool for a hold. Personally, I'd probably eat it. I've been known to reheat the same stew or sarma sitting on the stove for several days without problem. Of course, those are higher acid foods.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Guys I didn't really eat 12 hour old floor chicken, I "trolled" you all, I based this whole thread off of this guy

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757023&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

He really did eat the old floor chicken though lol

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003
I usually wait about five days before my floor chicken picks up enough ambient yeast from the air to fully develop its flavors

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oooooh so this is one of those great comedy threads we were missing for so long i get it now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Illinois Smith posted:

oooooh so this is one of those great comedy threads we were missing for so long i get it now

It's a right ole knee slapper.

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015

Nooner posted:

Wait, are we talking about a free range chicken or farm/factory grown? Because the home grown/free range variety are much more hardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Illinois Smith posted:

no need to thank me :grin:

• Locked thread