Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

RANDOM CRAP

Here's Star Citizen superfan (and almost CIG marketing employee) Nikki "Batgirl" DeAngelo''s latest State of the Game video.

Running up stairs to the landing paid, she turns while still talking. Her Cutlass has spawned with its rear end propped up on some miscellaneous piece of space architecture.

Game crashes less than 2 minutes after she manages to get it off the landing pad.

10 Minutes in, this happens.

10:30 into the game, she gets out of her seat, which drops her out of her ship, and then it drifts away.

She floats towards it. As she nears it, her shadow somehow manages to render atop the ship, yet below the decal teeth.

She manages to get into the ship again, and is told after entering the cockpit that it is overheating. She takes command and starts flying, and then starts complaining about Elite Dangerous charging for the Horizon's expansion. A person who has spent $4000 on Star Citizen spaceships that she can't successfully fly yet finds it "hard to stomach" paying $60 more to have Planetary Landings in a real game.

at 16:45, she attempts to land on a derelict station while raving about how amazing the "From Pupil to Planet" video was. Landing gear is down- all is looking good- when it suddenly bolts forward and into the station.

At 17:16 seconds, she prepares to exit via the cockpit hatch. Yet she can not, after repeated efforts.

At 21:22, she crashes again.

This is the State of the Game.

This was so beautiful, I ganked it. Now you're famous. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so2qit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

Chin posted:

ArcheAge was on Cryengine 3.

I never played it but it had boats with "localized physics grids" right? Though I guess they couldn't do barrel rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyroE2DqxY

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Bwhahaha, I need this game now!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess spinning out of control ships is one thing that CryEngine is consistently good at

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it's beautiful

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ah yes. Good memories. The spinning boat had nearly infinite force as far as the engine was concerned and could bat the heaviest ships dozen of miles inland, stranding them there with the cargo. A fast sloop spinner and a team to channel other boats in the spinner way was an afternoon well spent, without even any PVP !

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Iglocska posted:

Bwhahaha, I need this game now!

do not under any circumstances play Archeage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the game is awful even if you are video game rich, which I was

and it was still awful

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I gave up on flying the red rocket ship thing, maybe i will trade it in for something physically larger.

Anyway, i just hung out on pad 10 waiting for someone to spawn one of the big huge ships.

I didnt have to wait long, a big black huge thing spawned, and I remembered my training - get where the elevator comes down!

Some guy ran up and opened the elevator for me so I got in, the elevator retracted into the ship, and once again my training kicked in - Run to the captain's chair!

I made it to the captain's chair before this guy did, and proclaimed "I am the captain here" and "Get off my plane!"

The other person said something about the ship, so i held down the space bar and we rocketed upwards with tremendous speed.

I came to a halt and pitched the ship down, another ship had spawned on one of the pads below. I maxed the acceleration and mashed all the buttons, we lurched forward, and the framrate took a serious hit.

Impact, explosion, mission accomplished!

I respawned in the bed and once again bypassed the ship summoning computer and followed the signs out to pad 10.

After about thirty seconds a large black ship appeared, and I took my position under the elevator. Some person ran up but instead of lowering the elevator for me, he opened the cargo hold. I remembered my training - once someone opens any part of the ship, all the doors unlock! I opened the elevator myself and took it up to the captain's room. I took my position in the chair and ordered the interloper: "get off my plane!"

Once again I depressed the vertical thrust actuator and my huge ship sailed up off the pad, once again I adjusted the pitch so that I could get a clear view of the landing pad. Once again a target appeared. once more into the breech!

This time when the frame rate holocaust struck, the game crashed too.

GOTY

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

aleksendr posted:

Very few are able to reach that point alone. You need something or usually someone called an "enabler" that tell you "Its ok to be fat, its not your fault, your beautiful inside, your can be fat and healthy, etc." so you can power trough that triple treat box with a smile.

To be fair, poo poo like this is designed for people who, say, have spine vertebrae bolted together.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what do you guys think about freeing kimsemus

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

hakimashou posted:

I gave up on flying the red rocket ship thing, maybe i will trade it in for something physically larger.

Anyway, i just hung out on pad 10 waiting for someone to spawn one of the big huge ships.

I didnt have to wait long, a big black huge thing spawned, and I remembered my training - get where the elevator comes down!

Some guy ran up and opened the elevator for me so I got in, the elevator retracted into the ship, and once again my training kicked in - Run to the captain's chair!

I made it to the captain's chair before this guy did, and proclaimed "I am the captain here" and "Get off my plane!"

The other person said something about the ship, so i held down the space bar and we rocketed upwards with tremendous speed.

I came to a halt and pitched the ship down, another ship had spawned on one of the pads below. I maxed the acceleration and mashed all the buttons, we lurched forward, and the framrate took a serious hit.

I respawned in the bed and once again bypassed the ship summoning computer and followed the signs out to pad 10.

After about thirty seconds a large black ship appeared, and I took my position under the elevator. Some person ran up but instead of lowering the elevator for me, he opened the cargo hold. I remembered my training - once someone opens any part of the ship, all the doors unlock! I opened the elevator myself and took it up to the captain's room. I took my position in the chair and ordered the interloper: "get off my plane!"

Once again I depressed the vertical thrust actuator and my huge ship sailed up off the pad, once again I adjusted the pitch so that I could get a clear view of the landing pad. Once again a target appeared. once more into the breech!

GOTY

You've made us all proud o7

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

hakimashou posted:

GOTY

You did well, now you are a jedi

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
:lol: that's amazing

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CashEnsign posted:

:10bux: does not a true goon make. Ask me, a 2015 reg date, about true goonieness and my love for mangosteen.

This is the PM in question:

Nicholas already fessed up to it earlier in the thread, it was just a mass goon reach out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=858&perpage=40#post454093874

But I am going to stick to my "Angry redditors trying to find fuel for the escapist article defamation case", because that's the most entertaining narrative I can come up with.

Thanks for clarifying that. I have no clue who Nicholas is (I did see him fessing up to it) nor why he'd want to send me third-party material.

But I get the intention; though I don't quite understand why YOU chose to create drama out of it. Especially since it was sent you via PM (PRIVATE MESSAGE) and I assume in confidence. That's just bad form. Remind me never to send you PM. You're a rat. Nobody likes rats.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 22, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fuctifino posted:

I guess spinning out of control ships is one thing that CryEngine is consistently good at

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

HapiMerchant posted:

What happens when you don't touch the poop but you end up being poop yourself anyways because you're spending all your time watching poop.

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Eonwe posted:

:911:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Eonwe posted:

Aren't you trying to get them to jail kimsemus in that other mmo game?

:psyduck:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Amarcarts posted:

Now I've been banned from the chat. I participated in some discussion about the F-35 (very typical internet chat), then some talk about lasers. Then I asked if they had any plans for any other capital ships for the game. All in all everybody seemed pretty friendly. I wasn't stealth trolling or anything I was literally just checking out the community first hand to get an impression. Hadn't actually done that before.

Let me guess. You used a similar or same alias as your SA forum one?

ps: I know they're trying to find me and have pre-banned and banned some accounts thinking they were mine. It's hilarious.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That little red icon in the upper right corner indicates you're not logged in. Also the message says your account is authenticated. You haven't been banned.

Yet.

Nope. She's a woman.

I think she's a trans-person. Not sure though.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Let me guess. You used a similar or same alias as your SA forum one?

ps: I know they're trying to find me and have pre-banned and banned some accounts thinking they were mine. It's hilarious.

No, that's the guy that ran into the infamous layer 8 issue.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

will there be fish?

I'm wishing really hard right now for David Feintuch's space fish, just so I could see teary-eyed posts from whales losing their ships (and lives) to giant space amoeba throwing lumps of acid at them.

But sadly, Star Citizen is a Bad Game so this fantasy will never happen. :sigh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It's amazing how well James Brand just described Chris Roberts.

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2420737207

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Well he is right about DSmacks making people butthurt, but not in the way he was thinking.

I think.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

hakimashou posted:

I downloaded the star citizen to go along with the ship someone gave me.

It runs like garbage even at low. Is there some way to make it not run as bad? I saw hundreds of pages back someone had changes to a cfg file or something.

Yes. But still runs like poo poo.

quote:

I cant really figure out the difference between 'boost' and 'afterburner.' Neither seems to have a visual effect when viewed in 3rd person.

Boost just does just that to the axis of rotation. So if you boost while banking left, you bank faster

Afterburner is for forward thrust only. Yeah, it's the same thing. They're idiots.

quote:

I cant seem to find a speedometer on my ship.

It's in the HUD (left side I think)

quote:

The m50 doesnt seem very good for ramming, it just gets stuck to bigger ships. its worth 80 dollars in store credit if i melt it, should i get something else?

Yes. A refund.

quote:

I have 24,000 "UEC" which i gather is a cash shop thing but can't be used to buy ships? What's it for and can I do anything with it?

Yes. A refund.

quote:

Is there any way to get access to spawn other ships aside from buying them?

Once you get a refund, it won't matter.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

If you squint in the middle, you'll see some random guy salute christ roberts and suddenly end up in the T-position. That's gotta be embarrassing. Happened live on the stream.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ravane posted:

If you squint in the middle, you'll see some random guy salute christ roberts and suddenly end up in the T-position. That's gotta be embarrassing. Happened live on the stream.
Strike the pose.

"T"

The same random T pose weirdness kept happening to the black bouncer in the Million Mile High club. In that video with Skelton and Lando, he random poses that way for a couple of frames-- then goes back to looking intimidating.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 22, 2015

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

EminusSleepus posted:

Ark is CryEngine, not sure if it is Korean MMO

Ark - Survival Evolved? That is UE4.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

This was so beautiful, I ganked it. Now you're famous. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so2qit
I think you should include Batgirl's quotes in your twitlonger post-- they really capture the cognitive dissonance so beautifully. She spends half her time praising the amazing game Chris is creating for us-- and the other half cursing the game Chris has thusfar delivered.

It's madness.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

G0RF posted:

Strike the pose.

"T"

The same random T pose weirdness kept happening to the black bouncer in the Million Mile High club. In that video with Skelton and Lando, he random poses that way for a couple of frames-- then goes back to looking intimidating.

Here it is in Star Citizen quality.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

EminusSleepus posted:

What name did you create? Mine got banned in less than a day because they don't want anyone with a name "Gaylord Focker", I think it might break their immersion

MylantaFalcon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Aren't you trying to get them to jail kimsemus in that other mmo game?

:psyduck:

yea

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iglocska posted:

It's not a geocities site or your myspace page, right?

No. Not this time. I'm even ignoring Yahoo! now, since the last time you bastards yelled at me :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
derek, please ask goonrathi to free kimsemus

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I love how she is enamored with the Pupil to Planet video. Honestly, that video was not mind blowing in any way. Yeah, it looked good for an in engine video - at least until you look closely at it. No one has ever said Star Citizen isn't a visibly pleasing game, but all the fidelity doesn't mean a thing when the game won't run or is filled with the same old same old go here and get this then bring it back fetch quest it seems to have so far.

So many people putting their hopes and dreams into this game like it will have everything they want in every way. That's just not possible. There's going to be a lot of very disappointed people if and when this fully launches. I just hope someone has the foresight to hop into their space news van and capture all the pain on space video.

It was pure bullshit.

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/general-discussions/#post-2005

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/21/fallout-4-addict-loses-wife-and-job-sues-bethesda/

Replace Bethesda with CIG and replace 2015 with 2016.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D_Smart posted:

Yes. But still runs like poo poo.

Boost just does just that to the axis of rotation. So if you boost while banking left, you bank faster

Afterburner is for forward thrust only. Yeah, it's the same thing. They're idiots.

It's in the HUD (left side I think)

Yes. A refund.

Yes. A refund.

Once you get a refund, it won't matter.

I cant get a refund someone gave me this ship for free. I sold the one i had pledged for some time ago.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Iglocska posted:

My honest opinion: They released 2.0 just in the nick of time before people could go after them. They now have a fully functional game out there (in a sense that it has spesh ships, missions, multiplayer, etc), and now have a fair chance of fighting off any legal action taken against them (we have a game, it's currently poo poo, but we have a game) - at which point they became brave enough to start using the 14 day digital purchase returns policies that are the requirement in the EU for example.

Wait, weren't at least some of the refunds being denied originally requested several weeks before 2.0 came out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

2.1a

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread