Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

quote:

bumbles posted:
Why is a bloke called Batgirl? It's a guy.. right?..
Said it before and I'll say it again, mock people for being true believer shitizens. Don't mock them for things they can't help. You're literally worse than a Redditor by doing so.

What did I miss? And how is that mocking? He asked a genuine question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmfao how do you get addicted to that poo poo game? there is like nothing to do after 30 hours

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

yay

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
They continue to deliver. The irony is that every single comment in that article directly proves the article 100% correct. And they still keep dragging me into their poo poo because they have NO defense against their lovely and toxic behavior; let alone their vaporware game.
They drag you into their poo poo because Chris spent an entire workday writing a missive that turned you into a giant strawman for all of CIG's problems. Clearly it's worked since it's been months and they still bring you up like you're some kind of omnipresent specter of doom. Granted it also ostracized anyone who wasn't immersed in the Cult of Christ Roberts, Game Designer but those people were already checking out.

Good points.

ps: omnipresent specter of doom <----- so that's like, I'm a God, right? A really wicked God, like those pricks who put the Egyptians through all kinds of poo poo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

To be fair they drag him into their poo poo because he's spent the past few months getting in their poo poo

No, that's not fair. I wrote a blog. About a game. I didn't step in anyone's poo poo. They poo poo. Then stepped in it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So I was thinking about how the pilot is invincible once they sit in the captain's chair.

What are the chances hat this is so that the pilot isn't randomly killed by a bullet, laser or missile clipping through the ship and damaging the player model? Or ship collisions with other objects doing the same thing?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh no, he dove deep. He's the loving Michale Phelps of poo poo swimming. But Chris definitely took advantage of his actions and put him on a pedestal where all the spergs could see that he is the source of all problems. I actually have to give CIG credit for doing that. It's been remarkably effective.

...and, they ended up amplifying the noise.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xs22i/new_ptu_patch_21a_is_now_downloadable/
We have published 2.1.0a to PTU tonight! The full patch notes are available on the PTU site and in the PTU launcher, however we have the key items posted here for your convenience. Please fully restart your client and launcher to ensure your client is updated – your PTU client should show “2.1.0-308401-PTU” as the version. Due to the number of recent fixes to the PTU, it is strongly recommended that players delete their PTU USER folder and verify their files after patching. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test. Game files can be verified through the launcher, by clicking on the advanced options (Gear icon) and clicking “Verify”. This is particularly important if users encounter any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. Special Notes: Million Mile High Club is now available on the PTU to those with the eligible badge, however it is not yet possible to join or invite friends and party members inside. When transitioning from EVA to gravity in the hold of the Freelancer, the character will ragdoll and fall on his face. ArcCorp is suffering from several graphic and audio issues that we are already aware of. Hangar Module

Fixes: Gameplay

Fixed an issue where the extra large R&Y hangar was appearing in the 2.1 client

Environment

Fixed an issue where the Mini-Constellation flair had disappeared out of of player hangars. Social Module: Fixes: Gameplay
Fixed an issue where ships could self-destruct in the Armistice zone.
Fixed an issue where characters will T-Pose when they die in EVA.
Fixed an issue where players could access the AstroArmada catalog in MobiGlas, and become stuck in MobiGlas as a result. Fixed an issue where the third-person camera view can be offset from the character model after exiting EVA.
Fixed an issue where Crusader Security and Pirate ships could spawn without pilots.
Fixed an issue where a radar UI was appearing to characters in Crusader.

Environment

Fixed an issue where the Casaba Outlet doors in ArcCorp were opening into an empty shop with missing geometry. Casaba Outlet will get its day… but not today.
Fixed an issue where the end of the bar in G~Loc was missing some edges.
Fixed an issue where the EVA air jets would appear to stutter after continuous movement.

Equipment

Fixed an issue where FPS weapons fired in EVA can be desynced and shots go off in random directions.

Ships

Fixed an issue with the weapons on the Freelancer, where after first shot they could not be fired again.
Fixed an issue where players could not exit the Freelancer beds while the ship is in flight.

Technical

Fixed an issue where clients can sometimes get stuck at the “connecting” step when entering an instance. Back to top

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What I heard is that they'll basically add mechanics and systems as they're available. So an asteroid base you land on in the Stanton system in 2.5 might be in the Nyx system in 2.6 when jump points are added. Makes sense. I'm not sure how they're going to get all that gameplay functionality done in a year though.

They're not.

And they need the procedural tech to even do Nyx.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

I would pay 30 bucks to drive into this loving moron and explode in a big fireball over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over again opps im bord with this game now, uninstalling.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

There you have it. Today is the day Chris finally admits that I was RIGHT - all along - about the CryEngine when I said it was horrid choice for this sort of game and that was their #1 problem.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

D_Smart posted:

There you have it. Today is the day Chris finally admits that I was RIGHT - all along - about the CryEngine when I said it was horrid choice for this sort of game and that was their #1 problem.

100 mil well spent

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Ap0calyps3 posted:

Ark - Survival Evolved? That is UE4.

Crap you are right, my mistake

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I dunno, his wording got super slippery for an answer that basically should have been "yes, there will obviously be more systems in the Alpha". It makes sense for them to try to perfect one system before moving on to another, but I thought the idea was that once they've reached a certain point they would be creating systems in the Alpha until the game world is basically fleshed out and they can launch beta (I'm taking for granted that this game will ever exist in this example).

Roberts basically says yes to everything people ask him, so his being cagey around this question, which seemed like a softball, kind of surprised me. It fits, however, with Derek's theory that Alpha is basically going to be abandoned content-wise sooner than people think, and Chris might be managing expectations on that front.

That's what I fully expect to happen; whether the whole project collapses (as I expect that it will) or not.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Good patch. Release is clearly imminent. Suck it non-believers!

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
"Fixed an issue where ships could self-destruct in the Armistice zone."

Soon we'll fix the issue that lets people who have spent less money then you being able to damage your ship at all

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Fixed an issue where the Casaba Outlet doors in ArcCorp were opening into an empty shop with missing geometry. Casaba Outlet will get its day… but not today.

keep the dream alive

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

the game is awful even if you are video game rich, which I was

and it was still awful

Sounds like Star Citizen.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Where is Octopode?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FatherChristmas posted:

hahaha it's funny as hell to see him admit something that Smart was telling them repeatedly.

15-06-06 (my first Star Citizen blog)

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/interstellar-citizens/

quote:

The RSI devs have all the same insurmountable problems that I have encountered over two decades of chasing this whale, and which have not only led to their delays, but also the recent announcement that the first person module was on hold came as no surprise to me.

I have it on good authority that it’s not even on hold, but that they’re probably not going to finish it both because it won’t work within the current framework and it wasn’t in the original design as spec’ed, since it has ballooned to what it is today. So naturally, it’s the first thing to go, or put on indefinite hold while they figure things out.

Remember: the game, first and foremost, is a space combat game, not a first person combat game.

quote:

Right from the start in 2012 when they said that they were using CryEngine3 as their baseline, I was skeptical. But if they kept the scope, and scene sizes manageable, I felt that it was totally doable.

Once the feature creep and increased scope started to unfold, I knew they were in trouble.

Remember what I said earlier that there is no game engine on the planet that would power the game I wanted to build, and that I’d have to build it? Yes, same thing here. That is precisely why all the top-tier developers build their game engines around the game they’re making. And even those who end up licensing middleware game engines do so based on the fact that they are making a game that fits within the framework of the engine they’re licensing. Nobody is going to license UE4 to develop a flight sim.

That CE3 engine is, first and foremost, a first-person engine. Second, it is geared toward small scale session-based games. Now imagine using a level-based engine, suited for first-person games, and trying to build an open persistent world with it. That’s like me trying to outfit my Tesla with the engine from a Prius. Bad things can and will happen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

ps: omnipresent specter of doom <----- so that's like, I'm a God, right? A really wicked God, like those pricks who put the Egyptians through all kinds of poo poo.

More like a vindictive version of Casper.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iglocska posted:

My honest opinion: They released 2.0 just in the nick of time before people could go after them. They now have a fully functional game out there (in a sense that it has spesh ships, missions, multiplayer, etc), and now have a fair chance of fighting off any legal action taken against them (we have a game, it's currently poo poo, but we have a game) - at which point they became brave enough to start using the 14 day digital purchase returns policies that are the requirement in the EU for example.

Yes. Which is precisely what I said they'd do.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

TTerrible posted:

Where is Octopode?

He will ignore any refrence to this, and deny everything, dont you worry.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Nope unless crobber utters the word "Derek is right all along" the spergs will still think you are nuts.

Wait.. Even if he utters it they will simply find a reason that you are still wrong.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

Ark is CryEngine, not sure if it is Korean MMO

Ark (assuming you meant "Ark") is UE4.

http://www.cryengine.com/showcase

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

I like how the list is FPS, FPS, FPS, FPS, FPS, FPS, star citizen, FPS, FPS, FPS, FPS.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yep I derp my bad

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

hakimashou posted:

I gave up on flying the red rocket ship thing, maybe i will trade it in for something physically larger.

Anyway, i just hung out on pad 10 waiting for someone to spawn one of the big huge ships.

I didnt have to wait long, a big black huge thing spawned, and I remembered my training - get where the elevator comes down!

Some guy ran up and opened the elevator for me so I got in, the elevator retracted into the ship, and once again my training kicked in - Run to the captain's chair!

I made it to the captain's chair before this guy did, and proclaimed "I am the captain here" and "Get off my plane!"

The other person said something about the ship, so i held down the space bar and we rocketed upwards with tremendous speed.

I came to a halt and pitched the ship down, another ship had spawned on one of the pads below. I maxed the acceleration and mashed all the buttons, we lurched forward, and the framrate took a serious hit.

Impact, explosion, mission accomplished!

I respawned in the bed and once again bypassed the ship summoning computer and followed the signs out to pad 10.

After about thirty seconds a large black ship appeared, and I took my position under the elevator. Some person ran up but instead of lowering the elevator for me, he opened the cargo hold. I remembered my training - once someone opens any part of the ship, all the doors unlock! I opened the elevator myself and took it up to the captain's room. I took my position in the chair and ordered the interloper: "get off my plane!"

Once again I depressed the vertical thrust actuator and my huge ship sailed up off the pad, once again I adjusted the pitch so that I could get a clear view of the landing pad. Once again a target appeared. once more into the breech!

This time when the frame rate holocaust struck, the game crashed too.

GOTY

LOL!! I'm laughing so hard right now. It's times like this that I really wish they ship a game. It will be glorious what we do to Spergs. Daily. Like around the clock.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

hakimashou posted:

I cant get a refund someone gave me this ship for free. I sold the one i had pledged for some time ago.

That's great! You're ahead of the game then. Just don't do anything foolish, like, you know, giving them any more money.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TTerrible posted:

Where is Octopode?

ya where has he been. i want to see him spin 2.0 as a positive

especially crobbers playing the game. i want to see him spin that

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

That's great! You're ahead of the game then. Just don't do anything foolish, like, you know, giving them any more money.

Base on his posts, the might just do that by upgrading his m50

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
When will the forums have procedurally generated posts? Will there be a system to seamlessly blend the quality hand crafted shitposts from the randomly generated niosemap posts? How wi-A culprit hurts across the taste! The dishonest undergraduate celebrates the hurt agent. A family shouts in the declining ploy. An office runs within the bias. A touching pulp cries with a journal.Why does her robot witch the prayer? The familiar cold seals the comparable copper. A cultural spiritual passes a lie. How can the sample puzzle? The spaced fuller sings the relationship. An algebra multiplies over the relevance. The supreme safeguards a soil. Opposite the external orbit nests a cheerful bookshop.

An anomaly crawls? A cult shoes the traded nuisance. The horse sticks a policeman. A whale smells into the chunk. How does my hung timer sicken next to the narrative? A rat obliges the eleven muscle around a reflex. Whatever correspondent rip bounces. The duff country advances a librarian. Does the lunatic romance the continent scientist? Across the hypocrite whistles the implied parteaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Skellybones posted:

So I was thinking about how the pilot is invincible once they sit in the captain's chair.

What are the chances hat this is so that the pilot isn't randomly killed by a bullet, laser or missile clipping through the ship and damaging the player model? Or ship collisions with other objects doing the same thing?

That would make sense. They did say no to pilot sniping (for obvious reasons) and we do have a screen shot of someone having a missile clipping inside his cockpit.

There is also the possibility that if you tried to fly without this "fix" in a control position the physics engine would kill you as your entity is not "locked" inside the item moving away.

In the only vehicle heavy game i know off using cryengine (MWO) the players cockpit are actually rendered as a separate box in front of a giant "screen" showing the mech camera field of view on the edge of the map. The camera roaming the battlefield just obey players inputs. Its a good illusion of complexity if you dont know the trick.

Since SC obviously cant do the same trick maybe they had to find a fix somehow.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

More like a vindictive version of Casper.

I can live with that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lmfao how do you get addicted to that poo poo game? there is like nothing to do after 30 hours

You take that back you bastard.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2420750445

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

hakimashou posted:

I gave up on flying the red rocket ship thing, maybe i will trade it in for something physically larger.

Anyway, i just hung out on pad 10 waiting for someone to spawn one of the big huge ships.

I didnt have to wait long, a big black huge thing spawned, and I remembered my training - get where the elevator comes down!

Impact, explosion, mission accomplished!

This time when the frame rate holocaust struck, the game crashed too.

GOTY

o7

If this game ever come out and is worth playing i would be proud to join your squadron.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

wow thats actually insane

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

EminusSleepus posted:

Base on his posts, the might just do that by upgrading his m50

That's the thing, there is another bigger ship i could 'upgrade' this one to but its 10$ more that i'd have to pay. Which is a deal breaker.

Anyway stealing other people's poo poo and using it to ram seems superior to just ramming with your own poo poo.

It sure would be nice if the game wasn't unplayably janky most of the time and crashed :(

There are some people on the brown sea running xmas giveaways so i'm entering those and maybe can win something for free.

Can people gift/transfer store credit? Does it count toward the cost in the 'upgrade' screen?

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

In ARK there is a button that will cause your avatar to take a poo poo if it's been long enough since your last poo poo. You can even eat your own poo poo to commit suicide.

I think for immersion Star Citizen should also have a poo poo button.

• Locked thread