Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Fallout 3/New Vegas also had a very slight advantage for females, simply because there was a charisma perk that worked on the opposite sex and there are more men in the game. Haven't played 4 so I don't know if it's still like that.

Unless you're a a guy and pick the confirmed bachelor perk! I can't remember the specifics, but I believe it did bonus damage against fellow men.

Which of course, led to plenty of folks wanting to get the most bang for their buck and taking the perk to improve their damage, without realising what the term, 'confirmed bachelor' means and implies.

Which is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Now you're famous.

You too, Derek Smart, can be famous.

If you record your video and your lines, and send them to me. Comma, fucker.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I watching this guy:

http://www.twitch.tv/triprodriguez

He goes to see if the Freelancer's guns were fixed. "Oh looks like they fixed them. That'd be the first thing they'd fix."

*pew pew*

*click*

*...*

"Oh, my guns are broken."

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 22, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is one of my more crackpot theories. But the "KNOW YOUR ENEMY" poster on r/starcitizen probably doesn't help steer people away from the cult mentality. It's part of the game and it's an alien and etc. etc. but still...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

10 for the chairman.

* physics! You'll be able to knock stuff of tables!
* New merchandise to sell!
* Dirty Griefers will get what's coming to them!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLwAuM1J8c&t=14m40s

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

spacetoaster posted:

10 for the chairman.

* physics! You'll be able to knock stuff of tables!
* New merchandise to sell!
* Dirty Griefers will get what's coming to them!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLwAuM1J8c&t=14m40s

And the carebears win?(didnt watch the poo poo show)

Too bad all of the whales are socially inept fuckstick douchewaffles who don't understand PvP at all, and prefer to stick their dick in asteroids while screaming "Christ Roberts!!!"(typo on purpose)

Meanwhile anyone with any sense of PvP balance gets flamed the gently caress off of the forums about how we would ruin their immersion....

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I wonder what would happen if you showed the SCultists the Double Fine documentary as a response to their “open development” claims. Would they…

a) Make pretzels jealous of the contortions they make to twist it into DF not being open?
ii) Go catatonic as their minds fold into themselves trying to comprehend how something can be more open than the most openest thing evar — it's like looking into a double-black hole!

or

3) Understand that CIG is not being ope–aaahahahahah no, let's be serious.
3) Still desperately cling to the notion that a PR blitz is the same thing as being open about development?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tippis posted:

Good point. Well, stupid point, really, but it works as rational explanation at least.

The only way that it is rational is if the cryengine prototype was the only way that they were going to get funded. And that the expense of modifying the engine to make it work is paid by gullible 'investors' who have no say in the matter. So I guess they did make the right choice.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
ok who is this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xspau/list_things_that_ruin_your_immersion/

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

star citizen sucks

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Xaerael posted:

Blesnick risked his deep cover goon status by getting cribbles to play his magnum opus live on camera. The result was crobmeister sat prodding his keyboard like an 80 year old granny who's mistrustful of these compooterlier 'traptions.

e.

here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2uHBhKTSe0

e2.

poo poo, sorry, I just googled "2 idiots trying to make a computer work to the theme of 2001" and pasted whatever came up. Here's the right link. This post is now in alpha 2.1.

http://youtubedoubler.com/h9UN

This is actually a good summary of Chris' disastrous play through of Star Citizen:

http://sendvid.com/w2auqg9z ;)

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Fallout 3/New Vegas also had a very slight advantage for females, simply because there was a charisma perk that worked on the opposite sex and there are more men in the game. Haven't played 4 so I don't know if it's still like that.

Nah, New Vegas let you be gay by adding same-sex as well as opposite-sex perks.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

D_Smart posted:

I never posted that excerpt. Learn to quote correctly.

I know, i was trying to answer the original question. Sorry for the mistake on the nested quotes, this thread is sometime so fast i forget to double check for fear the answer would be made irrelevant.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Eonwe posted:

what do i have to do to join the ramming club

just bend over

or?

Kamikraze Org (K.O.) has no formal leader (other than the founder) and no official meet ups or callsigns... just post your ramming successes. 54 members 'verse wide so far!

Here print this out and iron it onto your favorite shirt!

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
They're going to disable self destruct in armistice zones. That's a real shame.

However, there's still nothing to stop me from playing bumper cars with my rented M50 during rush hour.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I dunno about you guys but I love flying my $250 Aegis Work In Progress

*tilts back in chair and closes eyes*

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

redwalrus posted:

I dunno about you guys but I love flying my $250 Aegis Work In Progress

Please meditate on those words. Ohmmmm

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

no_recall posted:

Please meditate on those words. Ohmmmm

Ohmmmmmmmm ...meditation complete.

Turns out the Aegis Sabre and the Aegis Vanguard are just ships made from copy pasted assets of the Aegis Retaliator. Thats right folks, they're copying and pasting pieces of the Bomber together to make new $250 jpegs to sell you.
Look at the back of the Vanguard, now look at the back of the Retaliator. Now look at your wallet. Infinite sadness.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

redwalrus posted:

Ohmmmmmmmm ...meditation complete.

Turns out the Aegis Sabre and the Aegis Vanguard are just ships made from copy pasted assets of the Aegis Retaliator. Thats right folks, they're copying and pasting pieces of the Bomber together to make new $250 jpegs to sell you.
Look at the back of the Vanguard, now look at the back of the Retaliator. Now look at your wallet. Infinite sadness.

They're reusing assets, thats a GOOD THING! Means less textures / meshes to store on the RAM / VRAM.

CIG Rocks!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Buff Butler posted:

They're going to disable self destruct in armistice zones. That's a real shame.

However, there's still nothing to stop me from playing bumper cars with my rented M50 during rush hour.

If your ship gets stranded inside the armistice zone, the only way to clear the airspace is to ram it. I smell a profitable new venture.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

redwalrus posted:

I like to call this "pulling a croberts"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

He's bragging about there being a reputation system.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In retrospect, I also love how the whole “it will be nothing like EVE” rhetoric from the early days have now come around to the point where so many of these innovative systems to solve gameplay issues can be amended with “…just like in EVE.” :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The arrogance amused me.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Tippis posted:

In retrospect, I also love how the whole “it will be nothing like EVE” rhetoric from the early days have now come around to the point where so many of these innovative systems to solve gameplay issues can be amended with “…just like in EVE.” :D

"Just like in EVE or Elite!" covers literally 100% of Star Citizen's innovative gameplay.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mirificus posted:

The arrogance amused me.

It's pretty amazing, even for this community.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Rudager posted:

"Just like in EVE or Elite!" covers literally 100% of Star Citizen's innovative gameplay.

I was going to say “…except for the [far-down-in-the-alphabet] actors”, but then I remembered this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mAu1IqibA

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tippis posted:

I was going to say “…except for the [far-down-in-the-alphabet] actors”, but then I remembered this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mAu1IqibA

longmire is p good show tbh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

to the point where so many of these innovative systems to solve gameplay issues can be amended with “…just like in EVE.” :D
It's really just like Derek Smart's Universal Combat CE / The Lyrius Conflict. :irony:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

A truly excellent response, to be sure.

Also if someone is willing to attempt that pizza challenge and document/report the damage, I am happy to fund such a goondeavour. I'm from the UK, so I'm not entirely sure how best to grease the internet palm responsible for pizza delivery. How much is that deal? And who is interested?

If the effort to document the pizza gauntlet of calories is entertaining and has some semblance of effort, I will happily give them a forums upgrade, or something along those lines. Best case scenario, you get a free meal and a forums gift.

Worst case scenario is that you die.

But then what's a little risk in comparison to the Star Citizen journey we are all on?

By the way, I am remarkably sleep deprived right now, so don't expect pizza immediately.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Amarcarts posted:

I'm not so much of a Derek Drone as a Derek Fedaykin Death Commando. Good luck Shitizens you need to have pubes just to get past the outer checkpoints. You aren't even in the compound yet.

He is the KwiSmartz HaDerek. THE REFUNDS MUST FLOW.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Pusher Roberts is here to protect you from the terrible secret of space Jpegs

Crash74
May 11, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

He is the KwiSmartz HaDerek. THE REFUNDS MUST FLOW.

Chris roberts is not fat enough to be the baron, ben on the otherhand.... Sandi can be sting. Chris is the milk cat / rat.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 22, 2015

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So, loving with other people (basically the only thing to actually do in the game besides boringly shoot at AI) is going to be 'fixed'? So the enjoyment that most people have from the game will be completely removed.

This will be fun because it'll just expose the game as a big expanse of nothing to do filled with bugs and crashes. Oh wait, its a $100 million pre-pre-alpha. I forgot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Mr.Tophat posted:

A truly excellent response, to be sure.

Also if someone is willing to attempt that pizza challenge and document/report the damage, I am happy to fund such a goondeavour. I'm from the UK, so I'm not entirely sure how best to grease the internet palm responsible for pizza delivery. How much is that deal? And who is interested?

If the effort to document the pizza gauntlet of calories is entertaining and has some semblance of effort, I will happily give them a forums upgrade, or something along those lines. Best case scenario, you get a free meal and a forums gift.

Worst case scenario is that you die.

But then what's a little risk in comparison to the Star Citizen journey we are all on?

By the way, I am remarkably sleep deprived right now, so don't expect pizza immediately.

I'm tempted to try the Lesnick Triathlon.

I could possibly pull it off given a few hours and thin-crust pizzas. I'd need a couple days of living clean first, though; lots of water and fiber, no booze, etc. That last one's a stickler.

I'm going to be sitting at home all through Xmas, alone with my cat, because I am surrounded by malls and big-box stores. My family is 1100 miles away and my sister's two kids are on the spectrum so I just choose to hang out here doing my own thing instead of dealing with a three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath house with five adults and two kids. I may do the Jewish Christmas thing if I can only find a Chinese take-out place open.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Food for thought, would building the game in Unreal Engine have made things any better?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

About 30 seconds to get into your jpeg then take off, each and every time. And that's when you're standing right next to it. That's some of the most annoying pointless timesinking since Everquest made you stare at a spellbook it regenerate mana.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That guy was a visionary. He totally called it well over a year ago. If Shitizens had given him 100mil they might have a game by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dapper Dan posted:

So, loving with other people (basically the only thing to actually do in the game besides boringly shoot at AI) is going to be 'fixed'? So the enjoyment that most people have from the game will be completely removed.

This will be fun because it'll just expose the game as a big expanse of nothing to do filled with bugs and crashes. Oh wait, its a $100 million pre-pre-alpha. I forgot.

It's not going to be fixed in any way. CR just blew a bunch of smoke about some kind of reputation system and bounty generation and actual people enforcing the law. How well do you think any of that's going to work? When will it even be implemented? He doesn't talk like someone who has poo poo on lockdown, this is all still in the vague handwavey stage for him. It won't see the light of day for years and years. Even if it does, it will be the easiest thing in the world to game. Step one: accrue bounty. Step two: collect bounty from self with "Clean" account. Profit.

• Locked thread