Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are you talking about kash or hiipfire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

Pretty good! I've never played mgs, but last month I got to interrogate some elderly people, hence the avatar. Also summer holidays soon :toot:

I do not know what mgs is! :toot: But I envy you the summer, 'cause it's freezy cold here.

imgay posted:

are y ou saying "???" is the name of a dude?

This exchange makes me lean strongly town on imgay -- voting someone for a janitor role because of flip confusion, I mean.

Epsilon Plus posted:

this sticks out to me, I don't think I have played with this poster before so I can't get a feel for their posting - did you have a recent namechange or something?

I was slackerbitch way back in the day, and then left mafia for a bit, and then came back, and left again, and I seem to be back. I don't recognize your username, either, so if you haven't changed yours, we just may not have crossed paths. Not sure what's pegging you about that post -- I missed D1 and I think turbos are hilarious. I might have tried to stop it had I been around, because turbos are not really pro-town, but once it's a done deal that poo poo is just plain funny.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
For some reason I don't really feel like voting for anyone. Not trying to rolefish but my info from n1 appears to be I was roleblocked (or jailed) or DHD was jailed, potentially.

I don't think DHD was doctored else I would have wasted my vig then.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote since it wasn't a janitor. i don't really have a read on anyone but wouldn't be surprised if scum were lurking

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hard to tell what lurker would be scum though since there are so many of them

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

imgay posted:

hard to tell what lurker would be scum though since there are so many of them

:what:

##vote Gwynplaine

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Met posted:

##vote Gwynplaine

uh by this metric clearly you should be voting me

very suspicious met.. if that is your real name....

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

spacing in vienna posted:

I was slackerbitch way back in the day, and then left mafia for a bit, and then came back, and left again, and I seem to be back. I don't recognize your username, either, so if you haven't changed yours, we just may not have crossed paths. Not sure what's pegging you about that post -- I missed D1 and I think turbos are hilarious. I might have tried to stop it had I been around, because turbos are not really pro-town, but once it's a done deal that poo poo is just plain funny.

Okay, we've not played together then. It just... sticks out. Like, to me turboing scum is hilarious but a town turbo means we've pissed away D1. Just a difference of opinion I guess.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

uh by this metric clearly you should be voting me

You replaced in? The gently caress?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I was joking, dear Met. Dear sweet Met. Dear sweet loving Met.

Do you think Gywn is a good real vote or is there someone else you'd rather tussle with? Give me your thoughts, Met. Perhaps a hot take, if you will.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

Okay, we've not played together then. It just... sticks out. Like, to me turboing scum is hilarious but a town turbo means we've pissed away D1. Just a difference of opinion I guess.

Barring an extraordinarily dumb scum slip, Day 1 is mostly a waste without a turbo.

The actual meat of Day 1 comes on Day 2 where you can start analyzing and figure out who shoved what bandwagon where.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

##vote Gwynplaine

Are you voting Gwyn because you think he's scum, or because he's lurking the hardest?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I dunno. I wouldn't say it's pro-town, obviously, but it's still funny. Like when imgay was shooting hiipfire in every game they were in together.

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Barring an extraordinarily dumb scum slip, Day 1 is mostly a waste without a turbo.

The actual meat of Day 1 comes on Day 2 where you can start analyzing and figure out who shoved what bandwagon where.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Day 1 is ever a waste. But I do agree that it's easier to pick out the nuances in retrospect than to see them during D1 itself.

This game is confusing the poo poo out of me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

False. Day 1 can be very instructive with the right people playing. Sadly, this group doesn't seem to be it.

Is Gwyn present, who do they want to vote for, who do they think is scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think gwyns just forgot about this thread, i've seen him post in the jojo thread

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
either that or he is purporsely lurking

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

there is no excuse not to post except for death or scumhood

##vote Gwynplaine

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

imgay posted:

I think gwyns just forgot about this thread, i've seen him post in the jojo thread

Red flag, red flag

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Met, you didn't answer my question. (It was a legit question, not snark. Are you / other people voting Gwyn to pressure him to appear, or because you / they think he's scum?)

What thread is the Jojo thread? Another mafia game?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its another game in signup

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met, you didn't answer my question. (It was a legit question, not snark. Are you / other people voting Gwyn to pressure him to appear, or because you / they think he's scum?)

I was at work on my phone when I read that so pardon me.

Empty Bandwagon Jump on Kash. Lurking. Still active elsewhere on the forums. Lowest postcount of the living.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gwyn hasn't been that active anywhere else, he had to be pointed to jojo because he's been out of it. IIRC he's hosting his brother (who is a little slow and has trouble spelling) this week.

It's not like the pizza game where Exakt was lurking while leading the ducking discussion in a different game haha

Also SSV you should join JoJo, everyone should tbh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I try to avoid being in more than two games at once but it is very tempting despite never having seen an episode of Jojo in my life.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its a show about manly dudes fighting manly dudes

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Deadline tonight, guys. If scum are lurking, there best way to fight that is to talk.

(I'm as guilty as anyone, sorry, the holidays have been insane.)

Dammit. I feel like if Gwyn was scum, his bros would have pointed him to the thread by now.

Gimme a few to reread and catch up.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

False. Day 1 can be very instructive with the right people playing. Sadly, this group doesn't seem to be it.

I'm trying to parse this so that it doesn't come out as a dig, and failing.

Met posted:

I was at work on my phone when I read that so pardon me.

D'awww, look who's cranky. :bigtran:

Met posted:

Empty Bandwagon Jump on Kash. Lurking. Still active elsewhere on the forums. Lowest postcount of the living.

He also jokingly scumclaimed, but that seems like the fashionable thing for townies to do lately.

Birdstrike posted:

Gwyn hasn't been that active anywhere else, he had to be pointed to jojo because he's been out of it. IIRC he's hosting his brother (who is a little slow and has trouble spelling) this week.

This is giving me pause. That, and the aforementioned "wouldn't his bros drag him into the thread" -- although, thinking about it, if he showed up right after people were putting pressure on him, that might look obvious as hell. Maybe scum think they can lurk their way to victory.

I can't be the only one around, can I?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Hal

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Hal

Hi Bird!! I was going to start spamming the thread with minutiae about my holiday crafting adventures until something happened.

Why Hal? IIRC you two have been oddly in sync all game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hi Bird!! I was going to start spamming the thread with minutiae about my holiday crafting adventures until something happened.

Why Hal? IIRC you two have been oddly in sync all game.

Your holiday crafting adventures sound fun!
I don't really have a reason for voting Hal apart from doing anything to try and get the game moving :confuoot:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Gwynplaine (2): Met, Epsilon Plus
imgay (1): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Hal Incandenza (1): Birdstrike
Birdstrike (0): imgay, imgay

Not Voting (4): Gwynplaine, Hal Incandenza, imgay, spacing in vienna

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 43 minutes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I know that this is a really busy time of year, so I could delay the deadline til boxing day or something if y'all want.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi birdstrike! I am not a good vote... sorry I have been working like crazy the last few days and it was my birthday so I may have been partying too I dunno. But I am here now.

I have forgotten everything though so let me catch back up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have a bad feeling about imgay but it's hard to put things into words with him since there is never much to work with.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Met you seem much more hostile than usual this game, why is that

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

Your holiday crafting adventures sound fun!
I don't really have a reason for voting Hal apart from doing anything to try and get the game moving :confuoot:

I made cross stitch snowman ornaments for my nieces and nephews, and I'm doing a Father Christmas thing for my mom. I am convinced that FC currently looks like a wizard but the spouse assures me he's not.

Hal is generally impossible for me to read. See also: me giving him Fister Roboto in Archerfia, because golly he sure seems town to me!!!

I honestly thought you two might be masons, the way you seem to be working on the same level / getting the same jokes.

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY HAL.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
HI HAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY ##unvote can't dunk the birthday boy

I'm masons with everyone in this game except scum masons

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is that why you sent me a picture of your junk? I didn't realize you were asking to become masonbros. I just delete dickpics on sight, sorry. :(

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
That was a merry xmas for my family not sure why you were on that list though?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It's probably better for the game if I ##vote Gwyn (sorry Gwyn just trying to move forward!)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess hal don't like me love you bae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

I guess hal don't like me love you bae

you are my second favorite mafia player

I just don't like your tone this game or something