Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it's a fundamental engine problem, that's why new stuff is broken the same as the old

their physics system is clearly hacky, inaccurate and full of jank

i think you mean its super realistic and accurate

croberts himself said they have been working hard on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Paranoia and hate for a project just because they are successful at getting people to give them money. Seems fair. How would I know? So your contention is that they press build on the project, make that public months ago, then stop working? When do they start working again? 5 minutes before the next version is released? Don't let your ridiculous bias against this game remove your ability to understand reality.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Voulez-vous coucher avec Design?

Mein Design im Himmel!!

:gary:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DarkSol posted:

Mein Design im Himmel!!

:gary:

:gary: Designland uber alles! :yarg:

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

Apples and pre-ordered pictures of oranges :allears:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Je suis Design

same... or même

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Fil5000 posted:

This is his Design.

So you're saying this is Star Citizen?

NWS: img]hxxp://horrornewstv.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/04/Hannibal207-1248.jpeg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 22, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Something Christ Robot and his followers tend to forget: Working hard at something doesn't mean automatic success. The world is full with poor bastards who never see the light at the end of the tunnel, regardless of how hard they work.

If you think about it, CR's followers apply fairy tale logic to video game development: They think just because C. Roberts is working his staff to death, all this work would somehow translate into a good game. In a fairy tale, this makes sense since good work is always rewarded and the tales always brush over all those guys who failed and start with the one who will succeed. In the real world it's entirely possible that bad management negates the good work of many, many people.

Which is I think what happened to Star Citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not going to be fixed in any way. CR just blew a bunch of smoke about some kind of reputation system and bounty generation and actual people enforcing the law. How well do you think any of that's going to work? When will it even be implemented? He doesn't talk like someone who has poo poo on lockdown, this is all still in the vague handwavey stage for him. It won't see the light of day for years and years. Even if it does, it will be the easiest thing in the world to game. Step one: accrue bounty. Step two: collect bounty from self with "Clean" account. Profit.

Elite has a reputation system. Clearly there is no griefing there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

There are two tenants within the CIG community that will significantly help your ability to comprehend things:

1. The potential for a feature is equivalent to implementation.

2. Level of effort is equivalent to level of progress.

So because CIG says they've been working hard on procedural generation, and procedural generation has the potential to be added, that means that CIG has made a ton of progress on procedural generation and it's practically already in the game.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Elite solved it gracefully. You never run into other players.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Whenever I try to google something for Aurora (the dwarf fortress game in space) my google is now overflooded with stupid as poo poo Star Citizen posts.

I want to know what I need to research the tractor beam? Well good loving luck since it's 100 of posts about how SC will have tractor beams or whatever.

SC is literally ruining everything.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

Man you would think that would be the perfect game for all the SC carebears who hate encountering people in their MMO.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Man you would think that would be the perfect game for all the SC carebears who hate encountering people in their MMO.

They even have an extra setting to disable even the remote possibility of ever meeting a player. Sounds perfect.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Iglocska posted:

I bought the game on like saturday I think and I've seen like 4 people total through the game. No joke the galaxy is massive and even if they had like 50k concurrent players on none instanced server tech you probably wouldn't see a whole lot of people. Without an actual player economy there just isn't an incentive to have a lot of people in one particular trading hub.

It also boggles my mind how so many pve shittizens just dont buy into elite given that its basically everything they could want from SC sans player characters to enact their rape fantasies with.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Oh I remember I took a picture of a cat doing a cat scan to a cat, are we still posting cats

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
What is this Lesnick Triathlon I keep seeing here and there? So much of this thread just flys buy in blurs, hundreds of posts long, I feel like I've missed out on something special.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

LastCaress posted:

Oh I remember I took a picture of a cat doing a cat scan to a cat, are we still posting cats

Please don't post ascii-text photos, your last one didn't work

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Please don't post ascii-text photos, your last one didn't work

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It also boggles my mind how so many pve shittizens just dont buy into elite given that its basically everything they could want from SC sans player characters to enact their rape fantasies with.

I think that you essentially just answered your own question.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CIG apparently thinks the project will last until at least November, CitCon planned for LA.

MORE SALES! PATCHES! JUMP POINT VOLUME 2! CONSUME!

I legit can't wait to go back to citcon and get drunk as hell and get hit on all night. I will be laughing at cultists and the lovely presentation until dickwulf goes back to his suite with four dudes.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there something about 2.0 supporting 24 players (Citizens even thought that was ships not players), now people talk about 16 players supported. What happened with this because I missed it, they don't call them on anything and I've never seen a game community like it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AP posted:

Wasn't there something about 2.0 supporting 24 players (Citizens even thought that was ships not players), now people talk about 16 players supported. What happened with this because I missed it, they don't call them on anything and I've never seen a game community like it.

I think they mentioned how 2.1 was increasing the player count per instance but they forgot that the grouping option allows a player to see how many people are in an instance and it says xx/16 when you try to join another players instances.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Wulfling posted:

What is this Lesnick Triathlon I keep seeing here and there? So much of this thread just flys buy in blurs, hundreds of posts long, I feel like I've missed out on something special.

It's two medium deep dish pizzas, bread sticks, and a giant coookie.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Also, apparently the Freelancer is larger, more maneuverable, and better armed than the Cutlass, continuing CIG's tradition of gently caress you pirates! :lesnick:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Gwaihir posted:

At this point, it's evolved to "eaten in one sitting, by one person, while watching the Wing Commander movie, recorded or streamed for goons".

It's getting rather involved.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Gwaihir posted:

He ate that on a stream?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fatkraken posted:

At this point, it's evolved to "eaten in one sitting, by one person, while watching the Wing Commander movie, recorded or streamed for goons".

Is vomiting between courses allowed? If so I could manage that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

imperialparadox posted:

Also, apparently the Freelancer is larger, more maneuverable, and better armed than the Cutlass, continuing CIG's tradition of gently caress you pirates! :lesnick:

Lesnick wasn't kidding when he said the Galaxy would be a better pirate ship.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'd just look at an image of Ben while eating and my stomach would crumple like one of Chris' promises

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Fatkraken posted:

That... is a lot of food in that short a span. I could probably do the food, but I draw the line as subjecting myself to that horrible movie.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

He ate that on a stream?

neonbregna will pay for a Pizza Hut Triple Treat box to be eaten by a goon for the Inaugural Benjamin G. Lesnick Memorial Challenge.

The stipulation is that the goon must eat as much as possible before possibly dying. Said goon must also record the attempt in such a way as to prove it was actually attempted.

My proposal, if chosen by neonbregna, is to eat as much as possible WHILE watching the Wing Commander movie. The box will assume my responsibilities and live out the rest of its natural life as my body double if I happen to die, but that's just a self-imposed thing on my end.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Someone decided to gently caress up Eldragon's pixels

Red-tinted windows for minimal vision maximum immersion

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Wulfling posted:

That... is a lot of food in that short a span. I could probably do the food, but I draw the line as subjecting myself to that horrible movie.
Doesn't look too bad.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Someone decided to gently caress up Eldragon's pixels

Red-tinted windows for minimal vision maximum immersion

Even NOD had more sense than that!

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There are two tenets within the CIG community that will significantly help your ability to comprehend things:

1. The potential for a feature is equivalent to implementation.

2. Level of effort is equivalent to level of progress.

So because CIG says they've been working hard on procedural generation, and procedural generation has the potential to be added, that means that CIG has made a ton of progress on procedural generation and it's practically already in the game.

They like to plagiarize from Adams, so the answer is simple: once they figure out which seed to feed into a procedural generator to generate a procedural generator that can generate a full universe and economy the game will be finished.

You'd get it if you Understood Development (not to mention Infinite Improbability).

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Provided performance enhancers were allowed I think I'd be up for Lesnick Trials but I don't think Pizza Hut does that combo in Portugal.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

performance enhancers

got tapeworms?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Ugh, the more I think about it, the more physically ill I become at the thought of eating that much food.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Better yet, I got #moroccan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SelenicMartian posted:

Doesn't look too bad.