Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Everyone I know views me with disdain because I find Bake-Off unutterably dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

therattle posted:

The Great British Bake-Off! We watch religiously (ie on our knees).

thats how I spend my weekends.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Drink and Fight posted:

I love the baking show. Everyone is just so nice to each other. :3:

Also:

The United States Department of Agriculture says a sandwich must contain at least 35 percent cooked meat and no more than 50 percent bread
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/14/dining/field-guide-to-the-sandwich.html?_r=0

So a cheese sandwich does not exist?

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

therattle posted:

So a cheese sandwich does not exist?

Stop now. Let's end this bullshit before it begins.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Drink and Fight posted:

Also:

The United States Department of Agriculture says a sandwich must contain at least 35 percent cooked meat and no more than 50 percent bread
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/14/dining/field-guide-to-the-sandwich.html?_r=0

I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly... thing.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

That Works posted:

I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly... thing.

Chili?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

I suppose a peanut is a type of bean...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You monster

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Vegetarian sandwiches does not exist anymore. PB&J is now a soup, lettuce reduces the sandwichness of a burger, hotdogs are no longer sandwiches (because 'meat').

:suspense:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So if a calzone is a sandwich is a pizza a sandwich?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I suppose a peanut is a type of bean...

:golfclap:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Happy Hat posted:

lettuce reduces the sandwichness of a burger

Lettuce reduces any dish it's added to. :v:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Captain Bravo posted:

Lettuce reduces any dish it's added to. :v:

Nonsense. It might be wrongly used sometimes but some judicious lettuce can be excellent. Like in burritos. Or salad.
/

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

therattle posted:

Like in burritos.

get out

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

Like in burritos.

THE gently caress?!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

therattle posted:

Nonsense. It might be wrongly used sometimes but some judicious lettuce can be excellent. Like in burritos. Or salad.
/

Drink and Fight posted:

THE gently caress?!

rkl
Jan 8, 2012

Don't give me a jerkoff handjob.

Drink and Fight posted:

THE gently caress?!

Lettuce is quite sublime in burritos and if you disagree Taco Bell would like a word with you. As the end all be all authority when it comes to authentic Mexican food, they have final say here.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

MODS

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

The important part is adding it to the burritos before you bake them in the oven, otherwise it is too crunchy

rkl
Jan 8, 2012

Don't give me a jerkoff handjob.
The groundbreaking 13 layer burrito already has all the modifications, or "mods" in youth-speak, that one could ask for. Just lay down and accept your burrito overlords already. Taco Bell's comfort is akin to a pillow pressed down upon the face.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

The important part is adding it to the burritos before you bake them in the oven, otherwise it is too crunchy

Absolutely. Likewise the guacamole.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Cabbage in a burrito is marginally acceptable, especially if it is pickled, and accompanied with diced tomatillo. Iceberg/romain/leaf/etc. Have no place in a burrito.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Lettuce is the wrapping for Korean barbecue burritos though???

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Drink and Fight posted:

Also:

Hmm, the document doesn't say it can't be pureed.

Someone should make a line of technically-correctly-labeled troll foods just to gently caress with the FDA employee who has to update these definitions

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Lettuce is the wrapping for Korean barbecue burritos though???

We call those lettuce wraps tho

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Scientastic posted:

Everyone I know views me with disdain because I find Bake-Off unutterably dull.

The other day I was watching one of those junior cook-off shows with Gordon Ramsay as the judge and was kind of disappointed that he didn't rail on the kids with the same level of profanity that he does in UK Nightmares.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I need to check out that British baking show, I have non-cooking friends telling me about it.

I watch very little TV, so most of it I download, but last week I clicked around and watched some daytime TV. A lot of Ina and Bobby.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

exquisite tea posted:

The other day I was watching one of those junior cook-off shows with Gordon Ramsay as the judge and was kind of disappointed that he didn't rail on the kids with the same level of profanity that he does in UK Nightmares.

I like Ramsay more when he's actually happy about food instead of forcing an exaggerated psychotic rage breakdown over burnt chicken or something

I mean burnt chicken is very sad but nothing to call people donkeys over

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

I like Ramsay more when he's actually happy about food instead of forcing an exaggerated psychotic rage breakdown over burnt chicken or something

I mean burnt chicken is very sad but nothing to call people donkeys over

I like finding his older BBC shows because he will kinda occasionally go off on a bad diner owner/ manager and give some helpful criticism of a struggling chef and generally spend lots of time talking about the food about where it could be better etc. It was a lot more fun than the US version of the same show later that mostly seemed set up to just make Ramsay yell at people.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This page, in video form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3_UHG73oQ

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

therattle posted:

Absolutely. Likewise the guacamole.

Yes, but you smear the guacamole on top.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Yes, but you smear the guacamole on top.

Are we still talking about burritos or have we moved on to Pr0k's mom?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That Works posted:

I like finding his older BBC shows because he will kinda occasionally go off on a bad diner owner/ manager and give some helpful criticism of a struggling chef and generally spend lots of time talking about the food about where it could be better etc. It was a lot more fun than the US version of the same show later that mostly seemed set up to just make Ramsay yell at people.

I totally agree, which is why I think Ramsay should save the histrionics for making little kids cry instead of wasting it all on US Nightmares.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Squashy Nipples posted:

I need to check out that British baking show, I have non-cooking friends telling me about it.

I watch very little TV, so most of it I download, but last week I clicked around and watched some daytime TV. A lot of Ina and Bobby.

It's super fun, everyone is nice, and I want their appliances

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

It's super fun, everyone is nice, and I want their appliances

I like that they draw what everything ought to wind up looking like. I feel like the male judge is a dbag though.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Reposting from elsewhere.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/19/how-to-fight-your-seamless-addiction-and-win.html

No comment on the content.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:byodood: Facebook and smartphones are making people dumber!

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

I hardly ever spend more than 15min prepping dinner as well, clearly 1 in 5 millennials are actually professional cooks. :smug:

That's actually a really dumb article though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

No mention of the fact that lots of young people work outrageous hours.

I love to cook but I work in Silicon Valley. I'm at work ten hours and then spend an hour in traffic some days.