Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I am going to see Star Wars today at 2PM and I am excited.

May the Force be with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

and also with you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

homoing from work, like usual

wait who has a christmas party on a tuesday

well the idea is to work the afternoon on wednesday and morning on thursday but i'm just going to work all day tomorrow regardless of how bad a hangover i get

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Lift up your hearts
Lift them up to the force

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I can confirm there are no awful Midichlorians in the movie and the Force is back to being a cool and good space-religion.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

buteruc posted:

I am in America.

People slow down in their cars and stare at you when you walk places.

Hope I don't get shot.

I unironically got stopped by the cops for doing that in rural America once.

Hope you're not black!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

lenoon posted:

Lift up your hearts
Lift them up to the force

*flashback to many many wasted hours in church*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
speed everywhere because the cops cba to deal with someone from another country ime

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

its one of many ways to tell someone had a catholic upbringing, because they'll say, quietly, "and also with you" during star wars movies.

also the other main one is pretty obvious: they'll tell you

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bozza steps up his troll game

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lenoon posted:

its one of many ways to tell someone had a catholic upbringing, because they'll say, quietly, "and also with you" during star wars movies.

also the other main one is pretty obvious: they'll tell you

also they'll occasionally have panic attacks and be very uncomfortable when left alone with older men

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Pistol_Pete posted:

All my managers are "working from home" for the rest of the week, so I'm just gonna chill at my desk, drink coffee and browse the internet.

Homeing from work, so to speak.

Exactly what I'm doing. There's literally no work for me to do but I haven't got any more holiday days left to take so I have to come in anyway and look busy. Homeing from work isn't too bad though when your work cafe is cheap and loving tasty and good.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Still haven't bought the wife an xmas present. I don't think "This house you now live in and broke me financially" counts.

Might bunk off work tomorrow and wander around Brent Cross praying for inspiration and a quick death.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I do a job that actually has work at all times so it's pretty busy for me! I had my annual appraisal yesterday as well, got excellent ratings, best in the company nearly 100000 employees) for several competencies, goals 100% complete... but as I've given in my notice I will get no bonus and the company limits itself to one line for references so when my new employer contacts my current employer all they will be told is that I worked for the company across a certain period and my job title. Safe to say I'm glad to be leaving!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hooray!

I went shopping to find something for my mum. Found it, bought it, came home. Completely forgot that I was going to buy christmas cards for family members as well. Might not bother and make the "they're all a bit pointless really" speech.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

goatface posted:

Hooray!

I went shopping to find something for my mum. Found it, bought it, came home. Completely forgot that I was going to buy christmas cards for family members as well. Might not bother and make the "they're all a bit pointless really" speech.

poor form go back out there and get some cards you piece of poo poo

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
😇

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Every year I tell my friends and family that I make a donation to a donkey sanctuary instead of giving cards. I don't. I cant be arsed to spend money on cards and time filling them out, knowing that I will forget people, just because other people judge their own and other's value by how many cards they get, how fancy they are, and who didn't get them one.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
just send cards to immediate friends and family, that's like how many people? and you can't be arsed to do that? smh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a huge family, my grandparents had 18 siblings between them and if I forget to send one to Great Aunty Dot and do send one to Great Aunty Florrie or if any one of them sees a card from me at my parents house and they didn't get one then a small war will be started, this way I just need to tell my grandma about the poor donkeys and no one is offended.

edit: my grandma's present pile is almost as tall as her and all of it is booze, they know her well.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 22, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do not send cards

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I need to give a card to my gran as she might die soon, but to be honest I'm pretty comfortable so nah

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Sat at the pub drinking a pint on my own because everyone elses lift turned up early

so much for christmas drinks

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

XMNN posted:

Sat at the pub drinking a pint on my own because everyone elses lift turned up early

so much for christmas drinks

If the pub is 'just right', this is the best kind of pub drinking.

The other week I spent an hour or so reading the papers, with an adorable Rough Collie, and a cat, in a quiet corner of a pub. It was quite nice. Then my jerk friends turned up and ruined it.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the beers pretty good, I've got a pint of landlord, and its about two minutes from my house so its not too bad they just all up and disappeared

wish i had a newspaper so i didn't look like such a millennial on me phone

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

steal one from another, weaker patron

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I have worked a full today, I shall do the same tomorrow and Thursday. Then my mother in law comes for Christmas.

I am however managing to squeeze Star Wars in tomorrow night.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I have just eaten boursin & port salut on crackers for breakfast.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

continental spotted

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Nah, nightshift worker with a fridge full of xmas cheese.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

XMNN posted:

the beers pretty good, I've got a pint of landlord, and its about two minutes from my house so its not too bad they just all up and disappeared

wish i had a newspaper so i didn't look like such a millennial on me phone

If the hand pump for Landlord is green it means Timothy Taylor's considered the Landlord at that particular pub to be particularly well kept. Landlord is a great beer, a pub near me managed to get Batham's Best Bitter in the other day, I'm gonna drink it all as who knows when it will appear near me again.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I am done with work for 2015.

Unless somebody asks me a question on the work chat, then I'll probably bill for an entire day.

Christmas present bought, now to avoid leaving the house for 12 days.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Nah, nightshift worker with a fridge full of xmas cheese.

sorry im just jealous of all your delicious cheese

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

are there any decent goon approved kung fu films on netflix or w/e? watching the raid made me want to see more mans getting beat up

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Hung Fu Hustle

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

Hung Fu Hustle

might be in my top ten of all time

if you want to just dig into some old shaw brothers stuff then 8 diagram pole fighter and 5 elemental ninja are really good

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yjy6t_8-diagram-pole-fighter_shortfilms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJ_shixxxQ

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
nuns on the run

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Vitamins posted:

are there any decent goon approved kung fu films on netflix or w/e? watching the raid made me want to see more mans getting beat up

Ong-Bak was pretty good.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Vitamins posted:

the raid 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think Ip Man is on UK netflix as well