Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/1520618/#Comment_1520618
:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Come to think of it, I was probably confusing beer with bootcha wrt being friends before this all went down.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

Welp, i caved guys. Got the Completionist package after i got all 9 of my new credit cards. Maxed them out for this gem. Come February i should be able to get atleast another few CC's so i can get that sweet sweet Javelin. I probably wont be able to eat for a long time, but i need to lose weight anyway.

Be sure to join the Ramming Club once your in game.

We have been experimenting a lot and we have found a method that give a roughly 90% success chance to put a Constellation in a physics glitch "Deathspin" by clipping it correctly with most single seaters (including the Aurora).

More fun than just going Kamikaze as a one shot.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

Welp, i caved guys. Got the Completionist package after i got all 9 of my new credit cards. Maxed them out for this gem. Come February i should be able to get atleast another few CC's so i can get that sweet sweet Javelin. I probably wont be able to eat for a long time, but i need to lose weight anyway.

this begs the question. is it possible to split one of those huge packages (lol) between cards or did one of the whales have to have like 15k available in one transaction?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

Outstanding! See you Around The Arse

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm going to put on my Smart hat and say that this is something I tried to bring attention to

:lesnick: posted:

If you have a broad thesis about how message board moderation should work in the 21st century, you can also feel free to PM that to me although I do not guarantee any reply.
That's everything you need to know about :lesnick: in one sentence.
If you'd designed, coded and launched World of Warcraft to critical acclaim, posting such a sentence would flag you as an arsehole, talented though you are. While :lesnick: is a major part of a publicity machine that has no problem asking $2500 for part of a pre-order for a game that might be terrible or even fail to make release.
You can be a talented professional, a gifted amateur or just loving clueless & deluded. Fun times are ahead when the music stops and I fully intend to enjoy every moment, I'm not going to feel sorry for him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chris Roberts has given us the BDSSE, what are you getting us for Christmas, Mr Smart?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

+42 welcome to the verse citizen

Cya in the Verse! Now if i could just get my thyroid to go overactive again, need to drop 60+ pounds per month again. Then i can eat less because i wont have as much mass!

Bait and Swatch posted:

I see you are rping Croberts next game about dodging debt collectors

Very meta

Just you wait and watch! Its gonna be soo much fun.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Not surprisingly, Wesha is a care(bear/leopard).

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xtn22/psa_pvper_griefer/

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
To OP, I think it is indeed a problem, that game-devs are scared to make a move where they actually give females the disadvantages that they physiologically should have; like not being able to sprint nearly as fast for instance, or hit nearly as hard in hand to hand combat. In this case, it would not even have to be done to a large extent, just enough to make people consider whether it's worth getting a female character solely to the smaller hitbox - after all this way, there are a few drawbacks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I would definitely spend money on this game if it meant I could grief wesha until he rage quit.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

aleksendr posted:

Be sure to join the Ramming Club once your in game.

We have been experimenting a lot and we have found a method that give a roughly 90% success chance to put a Constellation in a physics glitch "Deathspin" by clipping it correctly with most single seaters (including the Aurora).

More fun than just going Kamikaze as a one shot.

That actually sounds hilarious.

Romes128 posted:

this begs the question. is it possible to split one of those huge packages (lol) between cards or did one of the whales have to have like 15k available in one transaction?

Good question. I just gave all my credit card infos to D_Smart and he got the whole package for me because i was afraid to try to do it that way.

D_Smart posted:

Yeah totally! I got the email with your 17 alt account names too. Time to Arse around! Is there a friends list or anything? Downloading now!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xv0it/player_death_hurts_roleplaying/

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Come to think of it, I was probably confusing beer with bootcha wrt being friends before this all went down.

Well, to answer that question...

Beer! Bootcha!

I know that I'm just a random white noise poster, but I've been following these threads since the refund one that you posted anyhow.

I hope that my question isn't too personal and my apologies if so. I was wondering if before you were exiled by CIG, would you have counted Lesnick among your friends? Lately I notice you trouncing on him quickly (and deservedly) so I'm assuming there is no love lost between y'all now.

It just has me wondering how possibly Lesnick is losing friends and relationships, and if he even cares because there are a hundred sycophants to fill the void. Like LOL at this game because from the outside looking in, this game has done absolutely done nothing but ruin lives.

Just some thoughts I had last night when the power was out...~

I honestly don't know at his point.

He was a likable man, and a fellow Wing Commander nerd. We treated each other with mutual respect. I checked up on him and Alexis to make sure they were doing fine, giving him an excuse to look away from the computer and take a breather. He invited me to his wedding which I sadly could not make.

I have no goddamned idea as to the company he keeps other than his brother out in LA, and/or how often the CIC guys check in with him in person. I don't know if fans count. I have no idea as I've never been in that kind of situation. I mean I've had people come up to me and say "Thank you for your service/Thank you for serving" off my old Army stickers on my truck. But he has actual fans, and I can only assume that fan praise, just as "Thank you vet" praise, is fleeting and passes quickly. Hecklers on the other hand stick with you for a long goddamned time.

As I mentioned long ago, while I was going through the process of extracting myself from CIG, Ben was in town and said he owed me a dinner at least for moving that giant WC4 prop to the office. I had to decline because that was a conflict of interest. It hurt me to do that, because I do like Ben, but as fuzzknot and many of you would agree, that meetup would have been a BAD thing for me and for him. Hell I can't allow myself to go to Bar Citizen in Austin, because I'd rather not put myself at risk of a heavily invested fan taking out his persecution on a known inconsequential face and me having to show who's both an active hockey player and former paratrooper.

At the end of this project, would I consider Ben a friend?

I have no loving clue.

I doubt he has one either.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Bootcha posted:

I have no loving clue.

That's sad :(

Funny, in an earlier post I was going to mention my experiences with the Army. Not regarding "thank you for your service" poo poo, but the feeling of sticking with a job even though you hate it to the core of your being and all, and how I can sort of empathize with Ben (in a vacuum, his actions negate a lot of my empathy)

edit: what the gently caress is Bar Citizen lol

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Youd understand if you were a Concierge like Bootcha, myself, and all of D_Smart's alts.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

It's basically an excuse to go get drunk at a bar and sperg about spaceships with other spergs.

It used to be fun. This was, of course, before anything was released, so we discussed/debated/argued about space sim mechanics and social poo poo based off other existing games.

These days all discussions are based off the dream that's been promised by CR with everything before being "inferior".

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Ultimately, :lesnick:'s future as to him and CIG and this whole cult is not yet written with an ending. Like I said, if one day he just decides to leave it all behind with his wife, get a different job (even if it's a lower-placed one or paying one, if it can make ends meet it should work which is what matters most), and just blow the doors wide open on what was going on from the inside...

...like, that would be a huge recompense for the legit stuff he has done, that has promoted very unhealthy and lovely behavior on the part of thousands of the cultists.

But I know that's not likely to happen so...put it another way, right now I can't see him with that much sympathy. I just can't and usually that's my first reaction with most people, even the lovely ones. As Hillary Clintons Thong said, in a vacuum I could, but put into context I have little sympathy for anyone who drowns in poo poo that they themselves have massively helped to form and fester. However, were those actions of his to change...that dynamic would no doubt also change.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has anyone said butt shitizen lately?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

grimcreaper posted:

Youd understand if you were a Concierge like Bootcha, myself, and all of D_Smart's alts.

uhh i created the concierge club, I hope you've shaved for this weeks meeting.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

It's basically an excuse to go get drunk at a bar and sperg about spaceships with other spergs.

It would be an excuse for some sperg to get drunk and blame you for their game not being released and then start shoving. :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

imperialparadox posted:

Well, why would they want to let anything from the outside in, when they are sustained by true believers to the tune of 100+ million dollars?

I also think that you are giving Ben too much credit, he seems to handle everything pretty lovely and I don't have much sympathy for him. I don't get the point of being all "Well, he spit on my face but he's probably under a lot of stress..."

As I said I'm not a fan of the way he treated me. I suspect a massive part of my tolerance for his attitude was a result of believing in the project and genuinely wanting to see it succeed. I just kind of accepted who he was and how he acted in spite of all the condescension he directed my way. Maybe my brain is coated in Teflon or something because stuff like that rarely bothers me.

Bootcha posted:

I have no loving clue.

That's really sad.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ben is a big time producer, writer, and actor ya'll.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6614063/#actor

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

I legit can't wait to go back to citcon and get drunk as hell and get hit on all night. I will be laughing at cultists and the lovely presentation until dickwulf goes back to his suite with four dudes.

fuzzknot posted:

It would be an excuse for some sperg to get drunk and blame you for their game not being released and then start shoving. :(

TBH, Raskolnikov if you're reading this - expect this too, on top of being hit on by all the Dickwulfs if you legit plan on trying to crash CitCon 2016 lol. I know you'll probably be able to handle it, but still...now that you're totes rid of this lovely cult with no strings or money attached to it, I still worry about you sometimes like this. :(

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 22, 2015

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

:laffo:
[/quote]

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I can hear pained wheezing this gif.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2422048071

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

I can hear pained wheezing this gif.

You're right. The part where he has to walk around is nothing but hard breathing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ70Cmsx63A

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

You're right. The part where he has to walk around is nothing but hard breathing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ70Cmsx63A

Notice that around 2:20-ish that one of their "writer's" is using Hunt and Peck typing (the guy the left.)

Also... the constant heavy breathing... Ben, i dont like you as a person, but as a fellow fat guy, PLEASE lose some weight. You REALLY sound like your hitting the danger-zone if you are literally heavy breathing while walking.

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 22, 2015

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

Ultimately, :lesnick:'s future as to him and CIG and this whole cult is not yet written with an ending. Like I said, if one day he just decides to leave it all behind with his wife, get a different job (even if it's a lower-placed one or paying one, if it can make ends meet it should work which is what matters most), and just blow the doors wide open on what was going on from the inside...

...like, that would be a huge recompense for the legit stuff he has done, that has promoted very unhealthy and lovely behavior on the part of thousands of the cultists.

But I know that's not likely to happen so...put it another way, right now I can't see him with that much sympathy. I just can't and usually that's my first reaction with most people, even the lovely ones. As Hillary Clintons Thong said, in a vacuum I could, but put into context I have little sympathy for anyone who drowns in poo poo that they themselves have massively helped to form and fester. However, were those actions of his to change...that dynamic would no doubt also change.

:lesnick: would never spill the beans on what happened behind closed doors during this fiasco.
He'll take the information with him to his early, oversize grave.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

BluestreakBTHR posted:

:lesnick: would never spill the beans on what happened behind closed doors during this fiasco.

Even if he spilled the beans, he would still eat them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

grimcreaper posted:

Notice that around 2:20-ish that one of their "writer's" is using Hunt and Peck typing (the guy the left.)
It takes them days to write "replace text here"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

New conspiracy theory: CRobber and SRobber are grooming Ben to be the ultimate evidence removal scheme. A regular grave is out of the question and no-one will notice the adde mass and strange composition of the ash after a cremation…

…or is that too ghoulish? :ohdear:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
at some point it will be Ben keeping the lights on at CIG, when they use him as fuel

edit: on that note:

at least its not getting traction

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 22, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

:science:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6135736/#Comment_6135736

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tippis posted:

New conspiracy theory: CRobber and SRobber are grooming Ben to be the ultimate evidence removal scheme. A regular grave is out of the question and no-one will notice the adde mass and strange composition of the ash after a cremation…

Can't cremate fatties bro. Grease fires are bad.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Tippis posted:

and strange composition of the ash after a cremation…
"a cremation"?
Will Ben have to be sawed in half when it comes to that?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

grimcreaper posted:

Also... the constant heavy breathing... Ben, i dont like you as a person, but as a fellow fat guy, PLEASE lose some weight. You REALLY sound like your hitting the danger-zone if you are literally heavy breathing while walking.

nah you see he's just straining to keep the head bob right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

...what the gently caress was sandi's handle? pusher?

[insert joke about pushing into grave]

• Locked thread