Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

only on chapter 62 of the ONE version, but the discussion in the anime thread made me wonder: has Blast shown up yet?

The answer is no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

only on chapter 62 of the ONE version, but the discussion in the anime thread made me wonder: has Blast shown up yet?

Only if you think Saitama is Blast.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kild posted:

lol

PaganGoatPants posted:

The answer is no

thanks!

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Kild posted:

It makes sense is a way. The Hero Foundation was created by Chinboy's father. So it stands to reason that he would reserve the top spot for the one who saved his son.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You are giving the hero association way too much credit. I bet Blast is just the butt chin kid who was given the position via nepotism.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

You are giving the hero association way too much credit. I bet Blast is just the butt chin kid who was given the position via nepotism.

The theory that Handsomely Sweet Sweet/Amani Mask being Blast kind of lost some of its cred during the Garo fight. If you were gonna pull that out of the troupe-hat, then would have been an ideal time. Though the sudden weirdness he has for Saitama sort of tips it back into possibility if you think he was deliberately holding back or something.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I always thought he was just plain outclassed, saw that Saitama wrecked Garou easily, and now is obsessed with this man who is infinitely stronger than anyone ever imagined.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Saitama probably wouldn't have gotten into A class otherwise.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Berk Berkly posted:

Handsomely Sweet Sweet/Amani Mask - Garo fight.

Still my favorite panel in the entire manga.
I would loving love to be the foley artist for that in the anime.

Id go Metal Bat on an overripe watermelon.
Just

SCRUNCH

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How did garou know that sweet mask could survive having his face caved in?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Knowing that happens made the "Is Sweet Mask the big bad guy" thing from the anime thread recently quite funny.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Knowing that happens made the "Is Sweet Mask the big bad guy" thing from the anime thread recently quite funny.

I mean, he's probably GOING to be, it just hasn't happened yet, and he's still been a total rear end in a top hat in every appearance in the entire manga, so. They aren't wrong.

Just because he was willing to stand up to Garou doesn't mean he's a good person. Sweet Mask is exactly the kind of person that Garou got into hero hunting to hunt.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not really.
He was going in to hunt people like darkalloy.

Sweet mask believes too earnestly in what he does, and isnt a hypocrite at all.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm pretty sure that while Sweet Mask was always a terrible person, his experiences at the hands of Garou and the Monster Association are going to be what pushes him over the edge into "Power is the only beauty" territory. Although it's kind of hard to judge with ONE's art and everything, I think there's going to be some kind of connection with Homeless Emperor's God, where it's all "This... thing... is incredibly powerful, therefore it is beautiful, therefore I am going to accept its power to try and destroy all that I find ugly/weak".

And then Saitama punches him and moves up to S-Class.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

And in the final arc, Sitch removes his hairpiece to reveal that he too, is bald.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Sitch is not Blast.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bad Seafood posted:

Sitch is not Blast.

No, but he may in fact be bald :v:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Blast was Blast all along.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Blast is actually the fusion of five of the hero association guys, including Beard guy, Agoni (the butt-chin guy), Stich and other two yet to be revealed (probably glasses guy when they show his name)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Serious Frolicking posted:

I've never got the impression that the guy who started the hero association was a bad person or even manager in any way, just that he's lost in a sea of red tape and concerned with other stuff (like the seer and stopping bad guys) enough that he either doesn't see or doesn't care about the pettiness and stupidity of much of the organisation, so I can't really see him doing anything like that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think Blast is real and I feel like ONE just seeds scene after scene with more stuff to build arcs on in the future. He's really good about not over-explaining things but also quietly foreshadowing.

I mean, for example, if I'm remembering right we first hear of Garou with little more than a reference to Bang's best student going wild and he built an entire massive story-arc out of that.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Blast is Pig God's second personality, buried by constant eating.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not sure if Sweet Mask is strictly related to Homeless Emperor's God. I get the feeling that "weird veiny thing" is to ONE what black dots are to Jack Kirby.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

tsob posted:

I've never got the impression that the guy who started the hero association was a bad person or even manager in any way, just that he's lost in a sea of red tape and concerned with other stuff (like the seer and stopping bad guys) enough that he either doesn't see or doesn't care about the pettiness and stupidity of much of the organisation, so I can't really see him doing anything like that.

I think he founded it by providing the initial investment, but overall he doesn't really handle the association. Instead he just hires people who he thinks would do a good job, and we all know how well that works out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Where can I read the chapter where Tatsumaki dumps Saitama down a fissure?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where can I read the chapter where Tatsumaki dumps Saitama down a fissure?

It's the latest chapter

http://bato.to/reader#12c5a584d6be9829

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant wait for something else, anything, to happen.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Spent the morning reading this, then I went back to the other thread to check out Murata's latest chapter and good lord I seriously can't wait for the rest of the Garou arc.

With that said, Tatsumaki & Saitama casually blasting their way through multiple cities & storylnes was a much needed return to levity after how intense that arc got.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm more surprised that she was able to lift Saitama at all :stare:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Saitama lets himself be treated like a ragdoll sometimes.
See: boros.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
A lot of the time Saitama just doesn't dodge because why should he?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Saitama lets himself be treated like a ragdoll sometimes.
See: boros.

Tatsumaki also is probably just that powerful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saitama spends the entire "fight" letting her do whatever she wants because he's trying to stop bystanders getting hurt (and putting them at risk himself at times). When he stops selling, she can't do a thing to him.

There's absolutely no doubt that as far as people go, she's the clear #2 at this point, but there's still a lightyear gap between her and Saitama.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

LostRook posted:

Blast is Pig God's second personality, buried by constant eating.
So his fart?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just got into this series recently, have a question and don't mind spoilers:

Is there anything that Saitama cannot beat or at least struggles to defeat? Is there anyone legitimately stronger than Saitama? Just curious as to what to look forward to.

Thanks! :)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No.

The can they win drama comes from the supporting cast. It works better than you might think it would.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
a mosquito

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ennui

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
baldness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
time

those bargain sales aren't going to wait for him to finish his hero hobby for the day