Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I need 4 turtle medals to dokkan awaken SR AGI Roshi but I'm having terrible luck with the drop. Guess it's just kid chichi, goofy tien, kid goku and bulma till next tourney.

Those that play Japan version how often do these pop up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I need 4 turtle medals to dokkan awaken SR AGI Roshi but I'm having terrible luck with the drop. Guess it's just kid chichi, goofy tien, kid goku and bulma till next tourney.

Those that play Japan version how often do these pop up?

I only play global, but someone said they pop up monthly.

I'm at 998 right now. Gotta keep climbing if I don't want to fall below the 1000 tier.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have no idea why I though STR Roshi was the one that Dokkan'd. I even have STR Max Power Roshi. AGL Max Power Roshi looks like he'd be useful for juicing up Kaioken Goku and/or playing nice on a Kamehameha team.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Don't forget that we're getting a bunch of awakening medals from the tournament rewards. I dont remember exactly how many each but it was a big number of basic medals

Found it, 20 each. Not enough for a SSR, but I take it

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 23, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

God drat, I didn't even realize it but my SSR pulls have given me a pretty dope Rainbow team to run. Kaioken Goku/TEQ Max Power Roshi/Perfect Cell/SSJ2 Father-Son Gohan all have Kamehameha, and then I can use the Dokkan'd Bojack event SSJ1 Gohan and swap in one of Saiyawoman, Full Power Bojack, or Golden Frieza for the third slot

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Well, I was able to get up to rank 438, so hopefully I don't lose 600 places in an hour.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I have won six tournaments

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cozz posted:

Well, I was able to get up to rank 438, so hopefully I don't lose 600 places in an hour.

Nice, that should really be enough. I stopped at 100 wins, was at 1700 at that point and grinding for 1000 would've cost me my sanity.
Can't wait to awaken the billion characters I have sitting in my box, next tournament I'm getting top 1000 for sure.

You guys think I should focus on my SSR first or try to awaken full SSR* teams for all colours? Kinda torn on that one, since I don't want to farm medal events all day

Dub Step Dad
Dec 29, 2008
I got down to about 7000 and have been trying to work my way up to 5000 the last couple hours but I suppose everyone else had the same idea because all I was able to get was to 6000. Oh well, I guess I can use these silver SSR tickets next tournament. :sigh:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I got into the 15k region before I started getting kicked for maintenance, not bad considering I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked. Plus, I got up to 30 wins at least.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Got to 70 wins and around the 3000 mark. Woo unemployment.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Going into maintenance just when rank and prizes are available isn't very nice :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here, this just came out in English globally. It controls well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzS10KhTiRg

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Never made it to Beerus tier but I did get 9000ish rank

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Have they given out awards yet?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Diabetic posted:

I believe the news update said they would be distributing them in rank order over the next day or so.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Diabetic posted:

Scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I quit at like 1:30 last night at 4300, hopefully that was good enough for 5000. It probably wasn't. Oh well, I get the DragonBall pull and the UR medals regardless and those are what I really wanted.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Anyone been able to grab this SR Grandpa Gohan so far?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

I quit at like 1:30 last night at 4300, hopefully that was good enough for 5000. It probably wasn't. Oh well, I get the DragonBall pull and the UR medals regardless and those are what I really wanted.

On the subject of pulls, anyone know if the banner for tournaments changes or if it'll always be the DB Saga? I'm wondering if it'll be better to save the golden ticket in the hopes of a different one next month.

Webbeh posted:

I've tried a couple of times now and no dice.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Can't do Z-Hard with my lovely, non-awakened teams. Really strange to farm Hard, the drop rate is just poo poo

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Just got the first one to drop.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I knew awakening Dabura was a good idea. +40% attack :getin:

Edit: Got a Grandpa Gohan on my first Z-Hard. Nice!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 23, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Also pretty happy with my 'gotta catch em all' box strategy right now:

LEAVE NO CHARACTER UN MAXED.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

Dropped for me on my first Z-Hard run. Nothing on my normal/hard run though.

I'm curious if the other fights have any bonuses to them, or if they are just extra fights for Exp ( Which the tournament has made abundantly clear I no longer need! ).

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Webbeh posted:

Thank you. I pulled the trigger on the Christmas draw, got a Sr picollo, I feel like I should've tried for the super saiyan 2 Vegeta.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

Also pretty happy with my 'gotta catch em all' box strategy right now:

LEAVE NO CHARACTER UN MAXED.

I'm like the exact opposite of you. I have swathes of combined R chaff and SRs at completely arbitrary levels due to just mashing them together for super level.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I'm like the exact opposite of you. I have swathes of combined R chaff and SRs at completely arbitrary levels due to just mashing them together for super level.

I'm in the same boat. I started getting all my Rares that have SR+ equivalents max level and ready to be awakened. Just limited by Crane School medals, and Babidi of all things!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

I was like that when I started, and wasted a lot of Ginyu Forces in the process.

At this point in the game, max leveling an SSR/UR is pretty simple (if not a little tedious). This allows me to focus on maxing out (SA and level) N/R fodder for completion-sakes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Made a gallery of my current character list, sorted by rarity, then type. I skipped the Rs. Link

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Made a gallery of my current character list, sorted by rarity, then type. I skipped the Rs. Link

Your low-level SR collection is loving beautiful.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

Your low-level SR collection is loving beautiful.

A lot of those are being saved for the Baba Shop/Trading Post/Whatever. I don't need two lovely SR TEQ Krillins, y'know? It's a crying shame he doesn't have a single good card.

Though, I do see a few I missed training into their higher level equivalents.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 23, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So we know what the trading post is for?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Squallege posted:

So we know what the trading post is for?

Buying items and characters, iirc.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Webbeh posted:

Buying items and characters, iirc.

Oh man characters sounds good. Hopefully it isn't outrageous or anything

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's a use for Xeno Trunks. :laffo:

Basically, from what I can tell, it's a place where you can cash in stuff (characters, items, medals) for points, and use those points to get other stuff. Apparently SSRs are worth 10k points, which is conveniently the cost of a Kai medal when they're availible. You can also occasionally get Dokkan medals from events, too.

Edit: Neat, just got a second SSJ2 TEQ Goku from the new banner. Would have liked SSJ2 Vegeta, but I rarely get event SSRs from banners, it's always from the next one.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 23, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This sounds like Brave Frontier's achievement points system, which I'm all for

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Hey guys, I could use some teambuilding advice. I decided to use up some dragonstones I had left over, and got R Guldo and SSR Bardock.
The URs in my team are INT Cell, INT Trunks, STR Gohan and TEQ Roshi. I feel like I should probably sub out one of them for Bardock, probably one of the INT cards.

Any suggestions on which one I should ditch?

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 24, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

Hey guys, I could use some teambuilding advice. I decided to use up some dragonstones I had left over, and got R Guldo and SSR Bardock.
The URs in my team are INT Cell, INT Trunks, STR Gohan and TEQ Roshi. I feel like I should probably sub out one of them for Bardock, probably one of the INT cards.

Any suggestions on which one I should ditch?

Who else is on your team? I'd say add SSJ Bardock to that set and lose someone else. That's a good hybrid SSJ/Kamehameha base and Bardock will push everyone just a little bit higher.

If it's a cost thing, Bardock should sit on the bench because he can't hit for poo poo compared to most URs. He's like SSJ PHY Vegeta that way, more of a support. At the end of the day, though, he's a solid card, just can be a weak link offensively if he doesn't hit his links.

On the subject of weak links, SSJ2 AGL Vegeta, the new card from the banner seems like he'd be one. +40% attack and defense when below 80% is a really sketchy passive and his attack is really low for an SSR, which just makes it worse. I mean, he has revival, but he's got lower base attack than Determined Defender Goku. He's not SSJ TEQ Vegeta, but he's not much better.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Nice, that should really be enough. I stopped at 100 wins, was at 1700 at that point and grinding for 1000 would've cost me my sanity.
Can't wait to awaken the billion characters I have sitting in my box, next tournament I'm getting top 1000 for sure.

You guys think I should focus on my SSR first or try to awaken full SSR* teams for all colours? Kinda torn on that one, since I don't want to farm medal events all day

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I did well, especially since the server went down at about the time I stopped anyway.

I would awaken the singular SSR 1st, to just account for grinding time. I'm currently grinding Awakening medals trying to get Gregories for all the unawakened SSR's I have. I seem to only be getting Gero's and Bubbles (of course!) , so I can see how that's going to be boring. I tried to fight Grandpa Gohan but he hits like a truck and I don't feel like paying attention after grinding that tournament.

Here's my non-fodder full roster. At one point(probably when my limit was only 130 and lots of money ago) I had every character I had awakened and max level I have to go through and get rid of some of the R's/ and I realized on the screenshots I didn't get the levels of some of these characters.
[Edit - images removed]

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 10, 2016