Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233610/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mirificus posted:

I'm not entirely sure but I'm glad they're gone along with their incoherent rambling. It's possibly related to this:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6147042/#Comment_6147042

Also, I noticed that this post has been removed:

quote:

Hi all,

This is my second thread and my last post for some time here on the forums!
The hate is too much with it this forums..

Like some citizen count it out, I'm 12 days here! But I was very well informed!
If you like, check out my post history.. I call myself a real citizen!
I'm very sorry! If some citizens lost the faith down the road! Or if someone feels offended by me!
Please forgive me!

What's going on here? .. I do not like! ..and I say this as a new citizen.
My experience was very bad here in the forums!

Where are the all the white knights,of which I have heard from?

I feel like I'm pretty lost, defend CIG, the Game, and our whole Dream!
The hate overruns me, in much threads, no one was there on my side!

My best friend brought me over here, and informed me very well, he's more like my brother! "Old backer rear end well"
And he said to me: "Back the Idea, and do not participate on the forums!" ...But I did not listen to him :/

After that, CIG won not just my faith, they won my whole heart! ♥ And that happens very rarely! (I can count it on one hand)
I'm not a girl who loves a drama, that's the truth! Who knows me, knows I can not lie, that's unfortunately my nature!

Go ahead Chris/CIG, there are a lot of backers who never posted a word on the forums, but fully support our/your dream!
If you need us, we will be there for you! No matter when or where, we will be there! We swear!! ✪

Call me a naive blondine.. I was not the best at school. but, there was discipline in which I was always the best!
"knowledge of a individual person" or let's call it a feminine intuition! And I was never wrong ^^

Chris and Sandi are the best people I have ever met! ♥ That's why they won my whole heart! ♥

Do you want to tell me something else? No, you do not want!

Einstein said: "time is relative"
And we have all the time in the world with you Chris/CIG and Sandi!
We have been waiting for so many years for angels ♥ like you are! We do not care of time anymore! ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuoVhW4qzEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq5v0iLqRTs

♥ Chris and Sandi ♥ CIG ♥

I have to cry that I unfortunately have to start such ♥ thread!

They got my emotions and my love!

aaand.. before you call me a drama girl.. etc!
I have backed myself, and luckily all my friends!

This thread was signet by real backers..
You can see the names on the bottom!

With best wishes your
Zinda

Yeah, not at a psycho. At all. Either that, or Karl got a sex change and moved to Switzerland. Sounds legit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bootcha posted:

It's fun to be a mole/inside man in games like Eve Online where working under Isty and the GHSC I provided thefts of opportunity in addition to current contracts.

In real life though, when it comes to my money, if the easiest legal exit is termination of the agreement where I get everything back with indemnification? You bet your rear end I'm taking it.

If the amount returned had been any less than what I put in, THEN we'd be talking about something like what you mentioned.

But this event in my life reflects many of the ongoing issues within the game industry itself, that very few people are willing to fall on the sword of doing the right thing, in fear of burning bridges they see, cannot see, or invent for themselves.

So yeah, I took the coward's way out.

No, you did the right thing. There's no reason to throw good money after bad when you can get everything back with a minimum of hassle.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bootcha posted:

You took the smart way out. Star citizen will implode regardless, but other ways probably didn't include you getting your money back.

Mirificus posted:

I'm not entirely sure but I'm glad they're gone along with their incoherent rambling. It's possibly related to this:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6147042/#Comment_6147042

haha i saw this joker as far back as i was reading, it is good to know that this story ends like all the others. in sorrow.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.1c is live! and I guess they'll be allowing everyone who wants into the PTU in shortly.

quote:

SpecialNotes: Arena Commander and Million Mile High Club are being temporarily disabled on the PTU, to allow testing and feedback to focus on Crusader while other issues are addressed. Cubby Blast in ArcCorp is still from a streaming graphic issue that we are already aware of. We are aware that the elevator UI frequently provides a false-positive “server full” error message when attempting to join an instance. We are investigating the cause of these errors.

Arena Commander Balance/Tweaks Persistent Universe Fixes Arena Commander Module:
Balance/Tweaks:
Ships
The weapons and turrets on the Freelancer, Retaliator and Cutlass have been adjusted for better overall role balance. Fixed an issue with the top SCM speed of the Mustang Delta being 155. It should now correctly be 200.

Persistent Universe:

Fixes:
Fixed an issue where characters could only use a MediPen once, and once only, until they died and respawned.
Players with access to the Million Mile High Club can now invite friends to a party and be able [sic]
Components Fixed an issue where the Freelancer missiles would just float in space after being fired.
Environment Fixed an issue with missing geometry on the bedroom doors in Crusader. Fixed an issue where EVA audio was playing across the entire Crusader map. Fixed an issue where the Dumper’s Depot robotic arm audio was playing across all of ArcCorp.
Ships Fixed an issue where the Freelancer only had 1/10th of the mass it should possess, which was drastically changing it’s flight performance.
Technical Fixed several dedicated server crashes. Fixed an issue where only one player was permitted into a MMHC instance.
User Interface Fixed an issue where kicking someone from a party or disbanding the party would not update the contacts window until it had been closed and reopened.

quote:

Players with access to the Million Mile High Club can now invite friends to a party and be able

the end of this sentence will come with the 2.1d patch.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Oh gently caress yes

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233610/discussions/0/598198356191148665/

Gonna get that tomorrow and feel immersion

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Mirificus posted:

Well that's...odd.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

10 year probation for... what?

Hey CIG, I know you read this. Here's a tip; if people can't immediately understand why someone was punished (especially for a 10 year ban) then your system is hosed up.
On a related note, I have no idea why Thylbana Nyx was put on probation a few days ago.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Thylbana

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2.1c is live! and I guess they'll be allowing everyone who wants into the PTU in shortly.

the end of this sentence will come with the 2.1d patch.

LMAO!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

On a related note, I have no idea why Thylbana Nyx was put on probation a few days ago.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Thylbana

Dumb as a rock that one

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel posted:

Dumb as a rock that one
Don't worry. It's a known issue. Everything is normal.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Thanks for the compliments on the gif, everyone.

What do you think of Rebel Galaxy? Is it any good?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

Fuckin :lol:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sarsapariller posted:

After a long night of editing it's done. Be gentle, I am still learning the editing software.

I present to you the ptu experience in video form:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1oFvxUoeI

This was brilliant.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
By this point CIG moderator activity (and what it must feel like) is probably synonymous to this. Glory to Christ Roberts!

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Sooo....I know since SA is a comedy site and has issued a decade long probation or two. I think someone got 999 years once, though I might be misremebering things. But it is done here because it is funny and typically on infamous posters.

But why even regularly hand out decades long probation on a gaming community forum? What's the point of doing it on seemingly innocuous posters? Why not just ban the account? The whole point of a decade in Internet jail is because it is funny. If they are using it as some show of '''''power''''' (I was going to put more than 5 quotations but there just aren't enough) than that is the saddest loving poo poo. Almost as sad as wearing a prop from a really lovely movie that no one remembers. But nothing will ever be sad as that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I got a decade probation, I feel like I am part of an elite club.
Me, Beer and that crazy woman, feels good.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Thirsty Dog posted:

Oh, come on. Sandi might be worthy of scorn but let's not pretend that any part of Chris Roberts' history suggests that this gigantic fuckup of a game is anything other than par for the course for him.

For all intents and purposes the team in Austin including croberts was cool, it started when that lich queen forced them to go to Hollywood knowing it is croberts kryptonite.

I am not saying croberts is not to blame, but the puppetmaster is Sandi

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

Oh gently caress yes

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233610/discussions/0/598198356191148665/

Gonna get that tomorrow and feel immersion

You got a rift?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Eonwe posted:

get a refund, citizen

Spinning pink elephant, god bless you. Merry Christmas, one and all.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Kakarot posted:

You got a rift?

I am 'jacked in' to the amazing future world of VIRTUAL REALITY and lovely DEMOS MADE IN UNITY yes

Edit: I forget sometimes but the entire reason I even bough SC was for a VR thing to dick around in thanks chris

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

pokie posted:

Thanks for the compliments on the gif, everyone.

What do you think of Rebel Galaxy? Is it any good?

Nice soundtrack that fit the theme (frontier space trucking) very well, Its good action fun and the fact you are driving (its semi 3d) a small capital ship with turrets and broadsides from the start is a nice change of pace from the usual space sim. Its worth the money (also on sale until Jan 4th on steam)but dont expect a deep 40+ hours of gameplay from a smaller indi title.

If you wished rear end Cred 4 had more ship battles you will be very pleased.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
whoa im caught up to the thread

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
first

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

New BugSmashers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiUC2_uYohw

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 24, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ash1138 posted:

That whole sequence was weird. I'm pretty sure when she talks about a "shared experience" that makes the backers feel connected to SC, it isn't what the host was thinking (meeting people/playing with friends in MMOs and having good times), it is actually because they have given money to the project and feel like they're a part of it. Like "we're all on this journey to fulfill CRobber's vision" and it's not "just a game."

And I swear I wasn't trying to phrase that in a way that makes it sound like it's a cult, but here we are.

She's right. CIG is unique because of the phenomena associated with it. I certainly haven't paid as much attention about Elite or Moon Intern or any of the other projects I've backed. I'm not sure how convinced I am that all of it is Sandi's machinations, but there's clearly a level of interest and engagement that's different from most programs. I think it's the ships, and how CIG pushed them as dreams and not just assets. You weren't buying a Cutlass, you were buying a ship you could use to be a pirate. You weren't buying a Hornet, you were buying an elite space superiority fighter that would let you rule the skies. Combined with the absolutely perfect commercials (especially the Aurora one) it gave you a taste of the dream and made you want more.

What I don't think anyone at CIG realizes is that there is a severe consequence to that level of engagement. This is not a normal community. These are not normal, well-adjusted fans with a lot of disposable income. These are fanatics, true believers, people willing to make sacrifices to prove their allegiance in a system where fidelity is financial. Whatever the hell Star Citizen is, it can't possibly meet their expectations. Look at every single release and how it's been received by the community. A wave of initial praise followed by lengthy commentary and criticisms that quickly devolve into camps about various issues. The more this game is developed and solidified the less wishful thinking people will be able to deceive themselves with.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

I am 'jacked in' to the amazing future world of VIRTUAL REALITY and lovely DEMOS MADE IN UNITY yes

Edit: I forget sometimes but the entire reason I even bough SC was for a VR thing to dick around in thanks chris

ahhh...it was a beautiful miracle when I sold my DK2 and made a hundred bucks

gently caress yes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Broccoli Cat posted:

ahhh...it was a beautiful miracle when I sold my DK2 and made a hundred bucks

gently caress yes.

I am a man of the future, I am an idiot

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

Shilled too hard, her wings were burned by the sun.

RIP *pours 40*

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

His teeth have become quite yellow compared to the last videos. I guess he wasn't allowed to go home since croberts crashed on the livestream.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Poor thumbnail to promote Star Wars

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Paradigmata posted:

His teeth have become quite yellow compared to the last videos. I guess he wasn't allowed to go home since croberts crashed on the livestream.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

:boom:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Great now I want a corn on the cob

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

These are fanatics, true believers, people willing to make sacrifices to prove their allegiance in a system where fidelity is financial.

Also apparently people who are willing to go to their workplace, buy them food, and appear on their streams. It's creepy as hell to me that CIG is willing to enable these crazy people to such a degree.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

aleksendr posted:

Nice soundtrack that fit the theme (frontier space trucking) very well, Its good action fun and the fact you are driving (its semi 3d) a small capital ship with turrets and broadsides from the start is a nice change of pace from the usual space sim. Its worth the money (also on sale until Jan 4th on steam)but dont expect a deep 40+ hours of gameplay from a smaller indi title.

If you wished rear end Cred 4 had more ship battles you will be very pleased.

Thanks. I have not played rear end Cred past 2, but I might give this a shot.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's bugsmashers episode 1. So no. Always yellow.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

WTF? I quit paying attention for five minutes, and all this poo poo happens? No. NO. No.

I've said this in person to him many times, but NO. That's NOT the coward's way out. That would have been to just keep going with the whale/cultist poo poo, just keep listening to whatever poo poo Chris/Sandi/Lesnick try to say, never say "gently caress you; give me my money back or else I'm lawyering up," etc. I don't want to hear any more of that poo poo. Getting out upon realizing it's all going to poo poo is NOT the coward's way out. Staying with it and shrugging it off down the line would be the coward's way out.

D_Smart posted:

That Bootcha guy is one upstanding citizen (see what I did there?) I have to say.

I know. :3: I love him for it.

D_Smart posted:

Once I found out that he wanted out, I reached out (here in PM) and offered him a premium for his shares, as that would have made it so much easier for me to get answers from RSI/CIG legally. But he decided that he would rather just walk away, not contribute to their troubles, stick to the terms of his NDA/contract etc. That aside from the fact that RSI/CIG would have been privy to any such sale/transfer, try to block it etc. But there are lots of legal loopholes around that sort of crap.

Yeah, he said there was no way they would accept a buyout from anyone they didn't approve of. But the hassle to get that go through was probably not worth it.

Beet Wagon posted:

Can we all just take a moment to imagine a world where DS bought out Bootcha's shares? It would have been madness.

. . . Heh, yeah. Almost worth the legal fiasco.

EminusSleepus posted:

I think Bootcha deep inside him still thinks there is a chance that CR will snap out of the Succubus Sandi's trance that CR will value a proper game than a movie.

I don't. Or at the very least, *I* don't think it'll happen.

HapiMerchant posted:

"Napoleon Roberts is always right". "I will work shill harder"

. . . Bwahahahaha. This is a Lesnick quote, yes?

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

• Locked thread