Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Blazing Ownager posted:

If only I had time to turn that blimp into a ship.
Or mod the Scarface game to make Tony say Chris Roberts samples. Also replace all street conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: «Kimsemus libertas est!» :siren:

Original ideia, do not steal. Eonwe contact me regarding licencing prices for SA posters.
"Kimsemus is freedom" - I think he will like that.

Verus posted:

"Liberandus est Kimsemus" is better. :colbert:
"Kimsemus has been freed" - sorry I missed it, grats man!

"Libera Kimsemus!"
"Kimsemus esse liberandum."

"Perdite Omnia!"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blazing Ownager posted:

If only I had time to turn that blimp into a ship.

The 'VERSE is yours...

:colbert:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Beexoffel posted:

"Kimsemus is freedom" - I think he will like that.

"Kimsemus has been freed" - sorry I missed it, grats man!

"Libera Kimsemus!"
"Kimsemus esse liberandum."

"Perdite Omnia!"

Theres shitposting

and then there is whatever this is, the star citizen of posts i guess

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

Soooo… does that mean it'll be out in 2021, 2022, 2024 or 2025? And how obsolete will everything about it be by 2018?

Considering how it's been done so far, resetting to 0 might actually make it closer to completion than continuing on the current track.

um, they will begin development in 2025. You don't understand time traveling OR game development AT ALL.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Daztek posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3y396s/so_i_accidentally_bought_an_idris_p/

How :psyduck:

Edit: Seeing Melkor trying to talk game mechanics with citizens is amazing :allears:

Hull A - $60
Starfarer - $195
Endeavour Master Set - $900
Constellation Phoenix - $350
Vanguard Harbinger - $280
P-72 Archimedes - $30
Aegis Reclaimer - $350
Anvil Carrack - $350
Idris-P - $1250

Total: $3765

That's enough to buy three desks from Restoration Hardware!

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Bait and Swatch posted:

Theres shitposting

and then there is whatever this is, the star citizen of posts i guess

I'm just being pedantic.

And likely wrong.

O I see...

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 24, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Because the makers have said yes to basically every stupid suggestion , the people who are invested seem to think their every whim and game idea will be catered to, it's going to be hilarious when absoloutely none of it comes to fruition.
There's going to be a lot of "UGGH YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY, STOP IT!" gnashing of teeth.

Rule #1: Do not expect roleplaying in a commercial multiplayer game
Rule #2: See rule #1

If they think otherwise they have no hope.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress meeeeeeeeeeeeee, it's like hitting my head against a wall repeatedly. It's ridiculous and I'm not even talking about the fact that they downvote anything I say and upvote any stupid idea regardless of how self-evidently dumb it is. It always boils down to "it will all work out in the end, you'll see".

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3y3dzw/psa_outlook_flagged_my_ptu_invite_as_junk_if_you/

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You know I've always focused on the price of the ships but after seeing the modules an their prices it just keeps nailing down how loving insane this whole thing is. For the price of a single module of one of their poo poo ships you could have gotten that life time package of Elite right?
Yes, but that lifetime package of Elite does NOT include heartfelt connections with other human beings, etc. etc. etc. so you can't really compare them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I recently did a wedding for a couple that was renewing their vows after 25 years together. I like to write something unique for each wedding I do, and I wanted to celebrate their time together. I've been glued to SC recently (just truly discovered it) and this is what I wrote. Forgive the extreme cheese factor, it's a wedding :) (names are removed) ____ and ____ have been together for 25 years. That’s 9,125 days together as husband and wife. What a wonderful, memory filled journey that must be.

I often imagine life as a night sky. A background dotted with motes of light both bright and dim. Like a night sky, the backgrounds of our lives are full of memories both strong and distant. Longfellow said, “Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, blossomed the lovely stars,” and so do we make new memories each day to add more pinholes of light to that vast background, a collection of experiences that helps define who we are and who we will be.

Our view of this sky is different than all other’s, as we see it from the spot in which we stand, a perspective unique to each. Gazing out at that vast sea of black with small islands of light, it can be easy to feel lonely or overwhelmed by the vastness that stretches out on all sides. Is this how we were meant to see, alone in this vast ocean of memory? I think the answer lies in this: on occasions when we give pause and gaze upwards at the same time as the person next to us something interesting happens. We share our perspective, we marvel together at the beauty in those distant, shining lights. We see through each other’s eyes and perspectives and take more joy than we would ever find on our own. We clasp each other’s hands and take delight in all of those stars above and all of their light.

9,125 days. That’s a sea of light that they can both look up at together, sharing each moment at its creation and later in its distant reflection. We should all envy that and hope that one day we are able to see the same sights. We’re all so happy that we could be here to help you celebrate your togetherness, in the past, the present, and for your future. We’re so happy to see you renew this commitment to make and share a million more moments, afloat forever on this sea of memories.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

gently caress meeeeeeeeeeeeee, it's like hitting my head against a wall repeatedly. It's ridiculous and I'm not even talking about the fact that they downvote anything I say and upvote any stupid idea regardless of how self-evidently dumb it is. It always boils down to "it will all work out in the end, you'll see".

I spent three years playing MechWarrior: Online watching blind white knights support every rear end loving the developers wanted to give the game and listening to face meltlingly stupid replies when making any attempt to actually break down the dumb logic the game used.

WarWhite Knighting. WarWhite Knighting never changes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Merry Christmas everyone!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

outlook smarter than citizens confirmed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, reddit is loving dumb like that. I tried to get them to think outside the box, but they treat any idea that isn't specifically to their liking or from a recognized poster as some sort of alien/goon thing that must be eradicated with downvotes.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Star Citizen's future and my thoughts posted:

I've been watching a lot of streams, videos and read tons of articles featuring SC. While doing so I came to the conclusion this game could be 'the' MMO to finally revitalize this genre. In this wall of text I will explain how I came to this closure.

My initial approach to SC was rather awkward, I was tedious that the game would not prove to be as successful as it was promised to be.

My tediousness also came from my previous experiences until now, where small companies would start a fund-raising in order to achieve a certain goal for a game where the developers promise to fertilize a game that will resurrect what we lost during the success of WoW. However before you knew you would be completely left in the dark of what was really happening. The developers would become blind-folded by their income and start to get greedy and implement P2W elements or launch the game without fixing the core bugs. Shortly afterwards they would completely leave you in the dark and not even touch the game and patch the problems (Yes, Mortal Online I'm looking at you!!).

So I decided to be more careful with SC. At the start I could only see a new open world space-sandbox comparable to EVE. I think we all know and understand why EVE online couldn’t really break through and slowly on became a traditional P2P MMO with, even though debatable, tons of P2W elements regardless its P2P payment model. I was truly frightened that Star Citizen would take the same road and fall into a dark and bottomless pit. However the hype didn’t die yet so I decided to thoroughly follow SC and hope that SC would take a different route.

Slowly on I started to see more and more elements that really started to fertilize ‘hope’ and make me feel rather happy with the progression of SC. Adding FPS elements into the game was a brilliant idea. I hope however that players get to choose what kind of role they can take on in the game. Like being an ordinary soldier or rather the captain of a ship. While other groups can become ‘peaceful” merchants or bounty hunters that exchange bullets in PvP.

A lot of these elements seem to be possible due to how the game is evolving and the things they keep adding on. How one can actually land on a random planet is a loving great idea. If everything becomes like really detailed and non-repetitive I think I’m going to be enslaved by this game and never leave my room. Another great thing about this game which truly throws all other games out of the hype train’s rails is the stunning graphics. Everything looks gorgeous. I hope they also implement Dx12 like FF. When I look at the game’s current state, it’s like almost all promises until now, were kept. With this I’m really looking forward for the planets to be implemented. If they can deliver us that, I’m going to shoot out my socks.

If all these things can become possible I think Star Citizen could truly be one of the best games that ever existed and throw away WoW from its throne. Now you read all I had to say I want to see what other people think about SC. What do you think?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I recently did a wedding for a couple that was renewing their vows after 25 years together. I like to write something unique for each wedding I do, and I wanted to celebrate their time together. I've been glued to SC recently (just truly discovered it) and this is what I wrote. Forgive the extreme cheese factor, it's a wedding :) (names are removed) ____ and ____ have been together for 25 years. That’s 9,125 days together as husband and wife. What a wonderful, memory filled journey that must be.

I often imagine life as a night sky. A background dotted with motes of light both bright and dim. Like a night sky, the backgrounds of our lives are full of memories both strong and distant. Longfellow said, “Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, blossomed the lovely stars,” and so do we make new memories each day to add more pinholes of light to that vast background, a collection of experiences that helps define who we are and who we will be.

Our view of this sky is different than all other’s, as we see it from the spot in which we stand, a perspective unique to each. Gazing out at that vast sea of black with small islands of light, it can be easy to feel lonely or overwhelmed by the vastness that stretches out on all sides. Is this how we were meant to see, alone in this vast ocean of memory? I think the answer lies in this: on occasions when we give pause and gaze upwards at the same time as the person next to us something interesting happens. We share our perspective, we marvel together at the beauty in those distant, shining lights. We see through each other’s eyes and perspectives and take more joy than we would ever find on our own. We clasp each other’s hands and take delight in all of those stars above and all of their light.

9,125 days. That’s a sea of light that they can both look up at together, sharing each moment at its creation and later in its distant reflection. We should all envy that and hope that one day we are able to see the same sights. We’re all so happy that we could be here to help you celebrate your togetherness, in the past, the present, and for your future. We’re so happy to see you renew this commitment to make and share a million more moments, afloat forever on this sea of memories.

Get gary oldman to read this and I MIGHT be impressed *armcross* But seriously that's very sweet, good job :]

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I've only played it with a keyboard and mouse. It works fine for trading and exploring, and when I did combat I was able to win without feeling like I was fighting the controls, although I've done less of it than exploring.

CQC might be harder since you'll be fighting other players exclusively who know everything about the flight model, but I've never tried it.

One hurdle at a time. It has yet to finish downloading...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

You know the thing about Sandi, she's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until she takes your cash and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the brown sea turns red and in spite of all the wishin' and the spergin' she still comes in and rips your wallet to pieces.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

You know the thing about Sandi, she's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until she takes your cash and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the brown sea turns red and in spite of all the wishin' and the spergin' she still comes in and rips your wallet to pieces.

we're gonna need a bigger wallet

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So this is Christmas
And what have you done

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Reddit: Letter from the Chairman

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3y1p3n/letter_from_the_chairman/cy9rs1b

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3y1p3n/letter_from_the_chairman/cy9va4a

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Beexoffel posted:

I'm just being pedantic.

And likely wrong.

O I see...

See? Digging deeper, apparently the imperative gets an accusative, so it's "Libera Kimsemum!".

I accidentally got it right with Perdite Omnia, because nominative and accusative plural for omnis are both the same.

And now I have started talking to myself here.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Friendly Tumour posted:

So this is Christmas
And what have you done

Mostly chilling with family. Once you reach two kids under age 4 people stop bothering you to "come over" for a little while.

I cant wait for SC to go trough the usual phase of MMO release

- 1 week before release : ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST WOW KILLER EVER !!!!111!! Taking a week off work !
- Release : THE SERVERS ARE poo poo ! 2 HOURS WAIT TIME TO LOGIN ? WTF ?
-1 week after release : The game is poo poo, please nerf - re balance X, there is no end game, publisher are money grubbing rear end hats.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

MMMM gotta suck that space dick! Can I fondle your balls master chris? Maybe tongue your butthole?

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah, reddit is loving dumb like that. I tried to get them to think outside the box, but they treat any idea that isn't specifically to their liking or from a recognized poster as some sort of alien/goon thing that must be eradicated with downvotes.

Reddit is really good about encouraging circlejerk/groupthink behavior. It's a problem with how things are structured/ranked and moderation can't fix it because the moderators of subs are always the ones most bought into the bullshit.

This is pretty much what makes /r/starcitizen one of the most hilarious things to read on the internet.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Squadron 42 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Track Listing:

1. Chris's Theme 42:42
2. Sandi's Theme 42:42

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Amarcarts posted:

Squadron 42 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Track Listing:

1. Chris's Theme 42:42
2. Sandi's Theme 42:42

Sandi's Theme(Radio Edit) is mesmerizing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0ot9iJm_k

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/308601/cig-sales-please-extend-the-ship-sale-through-the-new-year-holiday

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait, D_Smart thinks PGI had the Wing Commander license?

:laffo:

You'll find he's hilariously wrong about a lot of things, but he sounds sure of himself so you guys just eat it up without question.

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Isaac Newton's laws are in Star Citizen. Checkmate :smuggo:

Heh, speaking of Newton's laws, I was recently gifted an Aurora in an attempt to get me into the game, but I find it far more fun to hover in EVA over the top of someone's connie and wait for them to take off. Nine times out of ten (so far), the connie hits me and starts glitching (with bits falling off) or spinning wildly out of control with damage states activated. Last time it crashed into the station and exploded.

11/10 GOTY :-D

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

last time shot

:gary: :roflolmao: :yarg:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Gryphon0468 posted:

You are a failure and need psychological help. Call 911.

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Good lord - if you have to wait for your monthly pay packet before you splurge $1500 in virtual spaceships for a game that is 95% incomplete, then you probably cannot afford to be spending that money in the first place!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey Gryphon1879623978615876528153861539152,

What do you think of CIG spending tens of thousands of your dollars on hilariously overpriced and non-functional furniture?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Did Octopode kill himself, or something? It's been a while. :ohdear:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Gryphon0468 posted:

You'll find he's hilariously wrong about a lot of things, but he sounds sure of himself so you guys just eat it up without question.

Lol, with all the time you spend reading this thread you still think goons care about Dsmart? We're just here for the shitpost and citizen meltdowns

Feel free to start yours off with some beecock
:allears:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey Gryphon10983679187634987169325619678528673515867523678851876538716531,

Could you track down Beer and tell him Merry Christmas from the Star Citizen thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

My xmas wish is for xXx420Gryphon420xXx, SS High Auditor Karl and Secret Agent Octopode to have a moment of clarity and realize they're being scammed to hell, then have a second moment of clarity and realize what a bunch of morons they've been for trying to defend a criminal enterprise because they're essentially suffering from a form of denial based buyer's remorse.

• Locked thread