Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TTerrible posted:

Wtf is there more background to this?

Ohh poo poo yeah, loads.
I am seeing him tonight hopefully and I'll find out more, I know the back story. It's all real, no STDH or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

Please don't run in the spaceport. You're breaking my immersion :qq:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6151024/#Comment_6151024

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

It's funny because all pgi did for the best part of 18 months was crank out new mechs for people to buy. But star citizen is different because

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

If you read the comments under, they mean it as a joke.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

fuzzknot posted:

Bootcha took me to Chicago for pizza. Is that fake pizza?

As a New Yorker, I have to say that it is not a pizza pie but a casserole.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Chicago style pizza, isn't

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

:doh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's like you make chili and it doesn't have beans

You can call it chili but its obviously meat stew

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They will use :lesnick: to calibrate the health meter

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/308466/request-to-mods-and-devs-ban-the-use-of-the-term-griefer-from-the-forums

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
A pizza that isn't Hawaiian a shameful pizza

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amarcarts posted:

:yikes:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Wafflz posted:

So basically it's goat simulator with a 100 million dollar budget

An strangely apt comparison. We should write CoffeeStain and talk them into spoofing the space genre for the next Goat simulator DLC.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Are we pointing out the fact that the available alpha has bugs? I'm not sure why people are buying expensive ships, but for the 37$ you buy the game for, the alpha has been pretty fun so far. You can also try all the other ships with in-game earned currency, so I really don't understand why people buy them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Scruffpuff posted:

Let's say, hypothetically, that I was to visit The 'Verse today for a bit of honest, not-at-all at anyone's expense fun.

Should I get on the 2.0.0 server, or the 2.1.0 PTU?

Hypothetically.

What are J4Gs if there is nothing to play?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phosphia posted:

Are we pointing out the fact that the available alpha has bugs? I'm not sure why people are buying expensive ships, but for the 37$ you buy the game for, the alpha has been pretty fun so far.

Source your quotes

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten."

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

G0RF posted:

6) Her inability to exit her ship to perform a mission, leading to a hard crash, which- though it kills her game, does not stop the non-stop steam-escaping-a-pipe sound effect.

:gary: PAAARRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Phosphia posted:

Are we pointing out the fact that the available alpha has bugs? I'm not sure why people are buying expensive ships, but for the 37$ you buy the game for, the alpha has been pretty fun so far. You can also try all the other ships with in-game earned currency, so I really don't understand why people buy them.

the bugs are only funny in the con-text of the game being a giant scam. People who have spent $35 may or may not feel like the Alpha was worth the cash, the people who have spent upwards of hundreds of dollars for a game that will never be released are the punchline.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Phosphia posted:

Are we pointing out the fact that the available alpha has bugs?
We are pointing out that a fangirl who claim bug-free playing experiences while encountering a plethora of bugs is not seeing things especially clearly. Just as when she complained about paying $60 for a planetary landing expansion in a commercially available game*-- while she has no problems whatsoever with the fact she's spent $4000 on spaceships for use in a game which hasn't yet released.

That is all.

* Here she claims to have backed it for $150 originally, so if true, she would be entitled to all future expansions of Elite without paying more.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 24, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

To you, what is the best thing about pledging for this game?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6148934/#Comment_6148934

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6149299/#Comment_6149299

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6149407/#Comment_6149407

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AROUND THE VERSE: EPISODE 2.11

Best part so far is the interview with Emre Switzer at 15:43.

Part with the Austin team is nice, too.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 24, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:gary:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Merry Chrismas everyone, I made you this.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Samizdata posted:

Waited well past a minute. The rest is just joshing you about your commitment to the Smart way of life.

I just meant a good sounding parp. As in literally, the sound of an airhorn. I was hoping someone might hear the airhorns in that track and maybe put it into a star citizen bug video. Just trying to promote open development posts about star citizen. Sorry I mislead you, but I promise I'll edit it in two weeks to be clearer to my vision for that post.

You have to remember, my post development history is only 1.5 years, you gotta expect bugs. No-one has ever done this before.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

MilesK posted:

parp parp parp parp parp parp parp dreams

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

To you, what is the best thing about pledging for this game? cont.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6151005/#Comment_6151005

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6151304/#Comment_6151304

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

I don't know poo poo about MWO, but that might be the least self-aware post in the history of the internet.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

I don't know poo poo about MWO, but that might be the least self-aware post in the history of the internet.

It's staggering. It's like a palindrome or something.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

same

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Best screenshot I could get...

£3.7 million

This has been going on for a few years now, death threats etc.
I'm more worried than anything tbh now

Tell that man he's a loving hero and internet people are proud of him.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

It's like you make chili and it doesn't have beans

You can call it chili but its obviously meat stew

Haha; yes--I taught him to make chili and insisted on using beans because otherwise it's . . . not chili.

His chili is drat good. :3:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Amarcarts posted:

This man.. This man knows good food.

Just dont try Ketchup Tea. Its a rare delicacy that is an acquired taste. Just think of the hot ketchup scented mist rising up from the cup. The wonderful aroma, like ketchup left out in the sun for an hour.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

HapiMerchant posted:

i must have missed something.. what is that a reference too? I went back along the posts but couldnt figure it out.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Just got back from my first trip into The 'Verse.

I'm staggered that they have the audacity to call the piece of poo poo I just experienced an "Alpha" release, much less summoning the titanic balls necessary to slap a "2.0" moniker on it.

There were some outstanding experiences:

- Having to wait 11 seconds for an animation to play of me getting out of my bed, and then the camera being placed slightly behind my eyes so I can see my own eyeballs and eyelids from 2 centimeters behind them. I liked this because it's just like real life.
- Clipping through literally everything in the game. It's like one giant maphack. Did they set a global NOCLIP incorrectly? Either way it's great because I can send them bug reports about what the back of textures looks like.
- EVA is great. I can recreate my favorite scenes from (pick a film where some dude gets spaced with no hope and winds up killing himself).

No so good:

- Spawning a ship does not work the first 100 times you try. Luckily there's always someone more obsessed than I will ever be hammering away at the station. I wait outside.
- I have decided there is no genuine physics engine here. I saw people rotating what looked like thousand-ton ships instantly like a child's pinwheel toy. You could see the jitter as the reject kept trying to right the ship. Just like real flight!

Honestly I just have to stop before I hurt myself here. I could have made this post thousands of lines long. I've been in enough alphas to know when I'm getting in on the ground floor of something that will shape up right, or on the ground floor of something that is being built specifically to collapse, like a Jenga tower. This "game" is the latter. There is no conceivable way they can build on the foundation I'm seeing here.

An old country joke sums it up: a boy asks a farmer the way to the local market, and the farmer shakes his head and says, "Can't get there from here kid, you gotta start someplace else."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Practising Scientology TR routines.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

HapiMerchant posted:

I will, he'll be here any time now for xmas pressie swapping.
The loving stories I could tell you about him, this is all just mad though, even for him ha ha

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

i must have missed something.. what is that a reference too? I went back along the posts but couldnt figure it out.

This:

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo.
A friend of mine helped send some guys down a few years ago, they were stealing pension money, all already very rich but assholes.
They got released today.
I have just watched him give all the money they were due from dividends to an age concern charity, live, while they were also watching.
Holyyyyy fuuuuuuuccckkk, he just held the screen up to his camera, there was £3.8 million and he loving clicked the donate button.

(Just in case you're in the same boat as me and enjoying booze on Christmas Eve of all nights and are suitably imbibed; the bigwigs just got out of jail and get regular payments from being part of a company, and this dude redirected those funds to those they hosed over)

That's amazing dancing cat man. Your friend is a hero. A proverbial robin hood. Merry Christmas everyone!

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 24, 2015

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

MilesK posted:

It's like a Rembrandt of Parp Art.

• Locked thread