Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

peter gabriel posted:

Any funny SC stuff going on?

Maybe.

Maybe in two weeks?

:shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Man I can't wait for two weeks to come

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

I just meant a good sounding parp. As in literally, the sound of an airhorn. I was hoping someone might hear the airhorns in that track and maybe put it into a star citizen bug video. Just trying to promote open development posts about star citizen. Sorry I mislead you, but I promise I'll edit it in two weeks to be clearer to my vision for that post.

You have to remember, my post development history is only 1.5 years, you gotta expect bugs. No-one has ever done this before.

:golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Coolguye posted:

some pretty bad chili opinions on this page

what makes chili is the spices, and specifically the chili pepper. you could have a pure vegetable chili if you wanted, but that would be pretty bad because the hearty blend of capascin and cerotine doesn't work well with most vegetables.

legumes of all kinds are sort of an exception because they are sort of spongy without being runny, so they soak up the lovely buzz of the chili without becoming a terrible mess the way it would be if you put a lot of flour or something in it.

or, you know, alternately you could stop pretending and put beef, chicken, and pork in there, which is the original marinating medium, and just have a good experience backward to forward. i mean you can go with beans or whatever if you want, nobody's judging you, but you're just gonna have a better time if you just go full on with stuff that marinades properly. you don't marinade beans for a reason!

anyway my personal chili tip is to put a beer of your choice into the crock pot as you're cooking it. darker beers like porters and stouts work better, but if you're a huge fan of lagers i've had a couple of those also work okay. paprika and cloves are also good complementary spices.

I have good luck with either Guinness or Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Frankieonpcin1080p plays star citizen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCFb_cS2gY

Somehow it runs well for him, doesn't look too bad but I'm only 5 minutes in.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Having read all 907 pages of this thread i've decided that by buying the $250 jpeg i will be good at this game.

Worst case i can ask for a refund and become famous right?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ohsosad posted:

Having read all 907 pages of this thread i've decided that by buying the $250 jpeg i will be good at this game.

how 'bout spending $907

you owe us

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

Did anyone ever get all the recipes from the different threads together?
I saved the one that matters at least:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337&pagenumber=593&perpage=40#post451668980

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

BMan posted:

Looking for boxed games at the store? I guess that explains why they thought PC gaming needed saving...

Steam saved PC gaming. I don't think it's a coincidence that Gabe is nearly Lesnick sized.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Frankieonpcin1080p plays star citizen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCFb_cS2gY

Somehow it runs well for him, doesn't look too bad but I'm only 5 minutes in.

Frankie is that guy that pretty much only does heavily sponsored videos and tries to take peoples youtube channels down with DMC claims or whatever its called if they criticize him (or point out that he hacks in online games), imho he is perfect for star citizen

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 25, 2015

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

How Chris Roberts wants to sell JPEGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My mates just left and he filled in the blanks.
He was made chairman of a company by an old pal of his, a very very big company, mainly so his pal could gently caress off for a couple of years and do the millionaire thing.
So, the guys who went to prison got sent down for 5 years, in that time the company policy was that they would still get salaries put into a trust fund ready for their release - a couple of hundred grand a year each they were on :psyduck: - since this was the policy it had to happen.
So my mate waited until the day of their release, this meant the funds were available to them (and him), he made the live stream of himself giving all the money away literally hours after they were released from prison, that way he could legally, as the chairman do it and they can do nothing about it.

Fuckin :lol:

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

how 'bout spending $907

you owe us

Standalone Ship - Endeavor Master Set is $900 and that will give me a ship with general science, a big telescope and some bio-domes.

I'm not really sure what any of that means but it sounds great.
Cya in the 'verse citizens you will see me doing general science on launch.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Dongattack posted:

Frankie is that guy that pretty much only does heavily sponsored videos and tries to take peoples youtube channels down with DMC claims or whatever its called if they criticize him, imho he is perfect for star citizen

Ah that's a shame, I've been enjoying his dayZ videos for a few weeks now and he seems decent, if a bit pretentious in game.
The video was alright but no one can ever make this game seem interesting, it's like what i'd imagine a sci-fi movie directed by Alan partridge would be like.All superfluous nonsense on the screen and overcluttered HUDs galore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

My mates just left and he filled in the blanks.
He was made chairman of a company by an old pal of his, a very very big company, mainly so his pal could gently caress off for a couple of years and do the millionaire thing.
So, the guys who went to prison got sent down for 5 years, in that time the company policy was that they would still get salaries put into a trust fund ready for their release - a couple of hundred grand a year each they were on :psyduck: - since this was the policy it had to happen.
So my mate waited until the day of their release, this meant the funds were available to them (and him), he made the live stream of himself giving all the money away literally hours after they were released from prison, that way he could legally, as the chairman do it and they can do nothing about it.

Fuckin :lol:

your friend is probably going to die now :(

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ohsosad posted:

Standalone Ship - Endeavor Master Set is $900 and that will give me a ship with general science, a big telescope and some bio-domes.

I'm not really sure what any of that means but it sounds great.
Cya in the 'verse citizens you will see me doing general science on launch.

Go spend that money on feeding the poor or something, make a difference in someone's life, don't give it to scam artists. (I'm sort of joking but sort of not really)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ohsosad posted:

nice av lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

your friend is probably going to die now :(

I put that to him and his take on it is they probably won't do anything because they are in another country, getting on a bit and probably have a few other wads of cash stashed away.
I did tell him I was worried though and he seemed pretty chill about all that side of it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Ah that's a shame, I've been enjoying his dayZ videos for a few weeks now and he seems decent, if a bit pretentious in game.
The video was alright but no one can ever make this game seem interesting, it's like what i'd imagine a sci-fi movie directed by Alan partridge would be like.All superfluous nonsense on the screen and overcluttered HUDs galore.

I enjoyed him too until i stumbled on what goes on behind the curtain. Basically most of the stuff in the DayZ videos is heavily edited in post production, when you hear him go like "hey mate, hey there, put down your gun pls friendz", that's added in post and he usually smackstalk them or just gun them down in reality. One of the players he did that too and edited it to make himself seem like a saint in post was actually a streamer and posted a youtube of what happened on his end where frankie yells poo poo at him, mows him down and laughs at him or whatever. Then Frankie tried to copyright claim his video and shut down his channel.

There were also some videos with "proof" (i cant tell cause im bad at games) of him hacking in DayZ and CS:GO and he did the same with those.

This combined with all the sponsored poo poo makes him suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper shifty to me.

Basically this man is perfect as the face for SC.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
He also showed me one of the notes his solicitor was passing him discreetly while he was doing the stream to make sure he didn't gently caress up and it said "I cannot BELIEVE you have loving roped me into this" ha ha

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Dongattack posted:

I enjoyed him too until i stumbled on what goes on behind the curtain. Basically most of the stuff in the DayZ videos is heavily edited in post production, when you hear him go like "hey mate, hey there, put down your gun pls friendz", that's added in post and he usually smackstalk them or just gun them down in reality. One of the players he did that too and edited it to make himself seem like a saint in post was actually a streamer and posted a youtube of what happened on his end where frankie yells poo poo at him, mows him down and laughs at him or whatever. Then Frankie tried to copyright claim his video and shut down his channel.

There were also some videos with "proof" (i cant tell cause im bad at games) of him hacking in DayZ and CS:GO and he did the same with those.

This combined with all the sponsored poo poo makes him suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper shifty to me.

Basically this man is perfect as the face for SC.

Ahh gently caress that guy then,i like dayZ videos but most players just come across as pub bores "Oh I can tell the sound of a gun from 10 miles away ughhhurgh tactical hardon!" *splooooge*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dongattack posted:

Frankie is that guy that pretty much only does heavily sponsored videos and tries to take peoples youtube channels down with DMC claims or whatever its called if they criticize him (or point out that he hacks in online games), imho he is perfect for star citizen

^ This. :)

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
thoughts go out to those children whos parents decided to invest in internet spaceships over child happiness this xmas, bless you sweet children, kill ur famil--

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

He also showed me one of the notes his solicitor was passing him discreetly while he was doing the stream to make sure he didn't gently caress up and it said "I cannot BELIEVE you have loving roped me into this" ha ha

You are cool and you have cool friends.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's been caught out time and time again using hacks, and he's a poo poo at DMCA'ing any negative criticism on him, and then lying to cover his tracks. There are a few videos out there that expose him as a hacker/cheater. All his videos are edited to hell, including re-recording a lot of his voice. He doesn't take part in live competitions for a reason: He's not that good a gamer. I watched him joust people on someone's stream in Reign Of Kings. He lost 6 fights, then won the final one. The final fight ended up in his ROK video. The last I heard about Frankie was that he was banned from Moon's Ark server for hackfuckery.

He makes entertaining vids though, and the DayZ series is well worth watching.

THIS USER WAS DMCA'D FOR THIS POST

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are cool and you have cool friends.

He's one of my fav pals just for the sheer amount of poo poo that comes his way, for my stag do he bought an ambulance and it had all the fixtures still in it so they stuck me in a strait jacket and we had all the IV drips full of absinthe in the back ha ha, sirens on loving around the countryside, there were 8 of us in it, dude owns 4 night clubs too and other stuff, he really is amazing to know

It's all very Nintendo Uncle though, sorry!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Paul Zuvella posted:

So this game is poo poo right?

No game yet to speak of. Come back in two weeks while CIG figure everything else beside walking and shooting.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Are there any firm plans for new content?
What's there is not great

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

Are there any firm plans for new content?
What's there is not great

Not for the foreseeable future.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not for the foreseeable future.

Oh good, thanks chris

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Oh good, thanks chris

Spoilers please. I have a slow connection, so I am still downloading alpha 1.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

Spoilers please. I have a slow connection, so I am still downloading alpha 1.

It's bad

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

(That was a joke. I may have purchased Space Bunnies Must Die at one point, but I would never buy SC.)

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

So theoretically if i just spent $450 on a Endeavor Hope-Class with its $25 medical bays of unknown gameplay value could i roleplay as a space pirate medic that abducts and gender reassigns citizens and if they don't play along they are griefing me??

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

fuzzknot posted:

edit: Yeah, half a bottle or so of light beer works very well too when added with the tomatoes and whatnot; you just have to remember to either reduce the other liquids a bit or let it simmer longer.

It is the only thing Coors is actually good for.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

(That was a joke. I may have purchased Space Bunnies Must Die at one point, but I would never buy SC.)

I bought it and I feel bad about that. Not the buying of it, but knowing that somewhere out there an rear end in a top hat has benefited in albeit a small way from my money

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

I bought it and I feel bad about that. Not the buying of it, but knowing that somewhere out there an rear end in a top hat has benefited in albeit a small way from my money

Just imagine that your money went to pay the salary of one of the good employees before they flew the coop. In fact, your money specifically helped them get a better job, by getting a new tie and belt etc. for their interviews.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Or the rear end in a top hat's hot, shaven actress wife (who is also an rear end in a top hat)?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Or the rear end in a top hat's hot, shaven actress wife (who is also an rear end in a top hat)?

*Cough* "Hot" *cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

Just imagine that your money went to pay the salary of one of the good employees before they flew the coop. In fact, your money specifically helped them get a better job, by getting a new tie and belt etc. for their interviews.

Thank you this helps :)

• Locked thread