Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

Or the rear end in a top hat's hot, shaven actress wife (who is also an rear end in a top hat)?

Grrr

ED is janky but I like David Braben and believe him when he speaks
SC is poo poo but more than that I don't like Roborts or believe a loving word he says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Am I the only one who, when watching Christ attempt to play his own game, got a HUGE autism vibe from him?

The open-mouthed, empty-headed, blank expression while he tapped on the keyboard like a pigeon tapping for food pellets.

It looked like his eyes weren't focused on anything in particular. Even when he was in the game, his bizarre wandering around, his inability to navigate a chat interface (you're really gonna move the mouse around and loving click SEND instead of just hitting ENTER?)....

The whole time I half-expected some nurse to come tottering into the scene saying "OK, Chris, that's enough, you've had your fun, it's time to let someone else play on the computer now, OK?" and lead him off, wiping his drool with a Star Citizen towel.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

ohsosad posted:

So theoretically if i just spent $450 on a Endeavor Hope-Class with its $25 medical bays of unknown gameplay value could i roleplay as a space pirate medic that abducts and gender reassigns citizens and if they don't play along they are griefing me??

Thats the kind of question i want to see in 10 for the Chairman and see how he will reply with: "We dont have any current plans for implementing this feature for release, but it would be possible down the line"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Grrr

ED is janky but I like David Braben and believe him when he speaks
SC is poo poo but more than that I don't like Roborts or believe a loving word he says

have you not seen the fire in his eyes :911:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

Am I the only one who, when watching Christ attempt to play his own game, got a HUGE autism vibe from him?

The open-mouthed, empty-headed, blank expression while he tapped on the keyboard like a pigeon tapping for food pellets.

It looked like his eyes weren't focused on anything in particular. Even when he was in the game, his bizarre wandering around, his inability to navigate a chat interface (you're really gonna move the mouse around and loving click SEND instead of just hitting ENTER?)....

The whole time I half-expected some nurse to come tottering into the scene saying "OK, Chris, that's enough, you've had your fun, it's time to let someone else play on the computer now, OK?" and lead him off, wiping his drool with a Star Citizen towel.

he's space ulillillia

chris' spaceform masters

comin' in two weeks

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Scruffpuff posted:

Hahahahaha!
But seriously, it was the coke

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I think there may be issues with this game you know

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3y3xrl/lets_play_a_game_how_much_have_you_given_to/cyaajf1

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
he does a lot of coke imo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I can't remember how much I paid
I've honestly never given a gently caress either way about the game

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I can't remember how much I paid
I've honestly never given a gently caress either way about the game
Wesha can't forget and doesn't want anyone else to forget how much he spent on Star Citizen.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

ohsosad posted:

So theoretically if i just spent $450 on a Endeavor Hope-Class with its $25 medical bays of unknown gameplay value could i roleplay as a space pirate medic that abducts and gender reassigns citizens and if they don't play along they are griefing me??

I'm sorry, please don't use the 'g' word.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Gameplay?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

And then strapping on his Star Citizen helmet to prevent him from hurting himself?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mirificus posted:

Wesha can't forget and doesn't want anyone else to forget how much he spent on Star Citizen.

lol he deleted it

hi wesha

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

lol he deleted it

hi wesha

I hope this is true. Lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm sorry, please don't use the 'g' word.

game?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh I, wesha, was, in the land of Roberts
Wing Commader is not forgotten
2 weeks a way, weeks away, weeks away, promised land

Oh I wish I was in credit
lay away, lay away?
In Roberts land I'll spend a grand
To live and die for jpegs

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

I'd also love to know, I've been reading her last posts and it's nothing but the usual slobbering. Maybe something on PM or an external forum, whatever it is must have been serious for them to hand out a 10 year probation. I bet poor Boxer remained faithful even as they took her into the knacker's.
Oddly enough, Zinda Blake's remaining innocuous posts from the 23rd in the [Katamari Damashii] Controller vs Controller thread have now been completely removed. They were there yesterday :confused:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

wesha please post here we need a new karl

thanks

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

merry christmas wesha and all the other star citizens too

I really, really hope you guys did something unexpected and bought something real and tangible for your loved ones this year

"yaaaay i get to turret in another ship thanks dad :geno:"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Reminder that this is coming from the guy who wrote Wing Commander, where the characters ranged from completely bland to unintentionally aggravating.

The best part is that Wing Commander II, III and IV, the games that everyone points to as Roberts' achievements as a storyteller, weren't even written by him.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

merry christmas wesha and all the other star citizens too

I really, really hope you guys did something unexpected and bought something real and tangible for your loved ones this year

"yaaaay i get to turret in another ship thanks dad :geno:"
Wesha is more the kind of person that dreams of throwing children out of airliners mid-flight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Timby posted:

The best part is that Wing Commander II, III and IV, the games that everyone points to as Roberts' achievements as a storyteller, weren't even written by him.

:aaaaa:

but also lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mirificus posted:

Wesha is more the kind of person that dreams of throwing children out of airliners mid-flight.

truly the moneydad star citizens deserve

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Timby posted:

Oh that's funny.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wesha since you are reading this, please register and post here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wesha did you know you can pay $10 to change our avatars to embarrassing stuff

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
He has to understand that the $10 is not for buying stuff it is for the continued development of the forums, they don't understand the $ = actual stuff angle

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

He has to understand that the $10 is not for buying stuff it is for the continued development of the forums, they don't understand the $ = actual stuff angle

Look, we got out of alpha when radium left.

<sticks face first to the floor and starts vibrating madly>

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Merry Christmas all. I got a $25 dollar gift card and I'm thinking about picking up a game or two (or maybe even 3) in the Steam Sale. Nothing early access though and no pre-orders. I think that stuff is kind of silly.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Eonwe posted:

Wesha did you know you can pay $10 to change our avatars to embarrassing stuff

Tell me more

:haw:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Amarcarts posted:

Merry Christmas all. I got a $25 dollar gift card and I'm thinking about picking up a game or two (or maybe even 3) in the Steam Sale. Nothing early access though and no pre-orders. I think that stuff is kind of silly.

You should get bad rats.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I love it when Gryphon zips in whenever he thinks he has something of a zinger and then immediately flees when everyone tells him what a loving idiot he is.

I also love that he has never posted on any thread that's not about Star Citizen.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a Mod Challenge, but then he'd probably just ignore it

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Uhhhhh EXCUSE ME, have we forgotten that this is star citizen we're talking about? a game where anything is possible?

OBVIOUSLY because you can do anything you want that means you can just make yourself a device that makes sitting still for 3 hours incredibly fun and exciting, I mean come on have you not learned anything by now? yeeesh

Maybe they can make a future space gameboy. So while you are sitting in a cell you can play space tetris on a tiny screen in the middle of your real screen. Immersion!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

Maybe they can make a future space gameboy. So while you are sitting in a cell you can play space tetris on a tiny screen in the middle of your real screen. Immersion!

speaking of cells I hope that once you get a sentence from the space judge, you have to be actually logged in and at your computer so the timer will tick down. move around every few minutes, etc instead of just sitting in space jail for the whole duration.

even the punishment needs to be immersive! enjoy that 1 month prison sentence citizens

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

If this was even remotely true then thousands would be banned for calling people trolls.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Xaerael posted:

Did Octopode kill himself, or something? It's been a while. :ohdear:

The DoD threw him in prison after he doxxed himself

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

MilesK posted:

Merry Chrismas everyone, I made you this.

Do the "mouth in the eye sockets" thing with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Oh I, wesha, was, in the land of Roberts
Wing Commader is not forgotten
2 weeks a way, weeks away, weeks away, promised land

Oh I wish I was in credit
lay away, lay away?
In Roberts land I'll spend a grand