Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Happy holidays, ladies and gents. I hope you all have a wonderful time with your friends and families- and I mean that most unironically.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I used my refund money to buy a ps4 and games for the g/f, she loves it.

Merry Christmas thread :unsmith:

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 25, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

G0RF posted:

Happy holidays, ladies and gents. I hope you all have a wonderful time with your friends and families- and I mean that most unironically.

Frolich Weihnachten

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

fuzzknot posted:

Bootcha took me to Chicago for pizza. Is that fake pizza?

In spite of being a born and raised Manhattan native, I can honestly admit that Chicago pizza is better than NY pizza

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

RuckusRouser posted:

In spite of being a born and raised Manhattan native, I can honestly admit that Chicago pizza is better than NY pizza

Wow as a native new yorker gently caress u buddy

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Romes128 posted:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
:frogout:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Maybe they can make a future space gameboy. So while you are sitting in a cell you can play space tetris on a tiny screen in the middle of your real screen. Immersion!

Don't forget the headbob!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Romes128 posted:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
can i run star citizen.exe and play a game yet or not

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Robo Reagan posted:

Hello tell us about your favorite kind of pizza.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Robo Reagan posted:

Why, what have you heard?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Hello tell us about your favorite kind of pizza.

Deep dish or Pan. Light cheese, Light sauce, Lots of pepperoni. the ideal is to basically have some sauce-sprinkled cheesy bread with pepperoni on top.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

HapiMerchant posted:

Deep dish or Pan. Light cheese, Light sauce, Lots of pepperoni. the ideal is to basically have some sauce-sprinkled cheesy bread with pepperoni on top.

You monster. The goal of pizza is to deliver as much cheese and meat as possible to your gaping maw.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
merry christmas star citizen thread! I un-ironically love you all.

here is my gift to u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PStUbtOJu2E

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

merry christmas star citizen thread! I un-ironically love you all.

here is my gift to u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PStUbtOJu2E

Are those presenters so busy screaming that they forget to breathe properly? :psyduck:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amarcarts posted:

A pizza that isn't Hawaiian a shameful pizza

Catching up with the thread, but I just wanted to say, one of my local pizza shops makes a Bacon, Banana, and Chilli (flakes) Pizza.

Which is loving amazing to eat.

I've just noticed they also do a Kangaroo Pizza (Kangaroo fillet marinated in Australian wild spices), so I think I'll give that a shot next time.

P_Gabz, I hope your friend doesn't get murdered :ohdear:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

The best part is that Wing Commander II, III and IV, the games that everyone points to as Roberts' achievements as a storyteller, weren't even written by him.

No, III was. You mean II, IV, and Privateer.

III was also the shittiest Wing Commander. It had fancy new tech, but it's story sucked and it did some dumb things. The worst, in fact, was specific to Hobbes. Wing Commander II's writers took a long time building Hobbes up into a complex and interesting character.

Chris Roberts hated that.

Thus the reason Hobbes goes "Haha, surprise traitor! gently caress all Kilrathi!" and screws you over mid-game; Roberts wanted to retcon and write out everything that happened in WC2.

He had very little to do with WC4 and nothing to do with Prophecy (which was both a fun game and terrible Wing Commander).

ED: Also Erin Roberts is pretty much a hack. Chris Roberts has a lot of good ideas, but Erin does not, and he tends to hurt anything he gets his hands on. Privateer 2 was his abomination. Most disappointing pre-order I've ever made.*

* The FMV wasn't bad for a surrealist sci-fi show on the BBC. Too bad that's not Privateer.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 25, 2015

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
A lot of wrong opinions about pizza itt

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

:gary:
I think it's a mate.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Romes128 posted:

A lot of wrong opinions about pizza itt

I know right?

Deep dish, light sauce, extra pineapple, Canadian bacon, ham, and... normal bacon. Because bacon. And pineapple.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

TasogareNoKagi posted:

:gary:
I think it's a mate.

Holy poo poo that thing is loving creepy. Kill it with fire god drat.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

I know right?

Deep dish, light sauce, extra pineapple, Canadian bacon, ham, and... normal bacon. Because bacon. And pineapple.

More like cheese and pepperoni

Extra pepperoni is acceptable too

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

No running in and of Star Citizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grimcreaper posted:

Holy poo poo that thing is loving creepy. Kill it with fire god drat.

It's the sort of thing you see in a box in a basement just out of the corner of your eye while your brain is in overdrive searching for a way out of the immediate realisation that there is a rabbit-man advancing up the stairs toward you with a nerf crossbow.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Timby posted:

The best part is that Wing Commander II, III and IV, the games that everyone points to as Roberts' achievements as a storyteller, weren't even written by him.

Wow really? Didn't know that...

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Iglocska posted:

Wow really? Didn't know that...

Ask innocently on the forums whether in order to make SC as good as his legacy games CR has hired *insert names of the actual WC scriptwriters here* to assist with the scripting, and see how long the thread lasts.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Breetai posted:

Ask innocently on the forums whether in order to make SC as good as his legacy games CR has hired *insert names of the actual WC scriptwriters here* to assist with the scripting, and see how long the thread lasts.

I am not brave enough to do that.

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.

That man is made entirely of jiggly bits.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Breetai posted:

Genius.

Someone has to do this.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Happy Christmas fart shitizen thread, i hope youve all been good boys and girls or santa will put a jpeg in your stocking

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Amarcarts posted:

Merry Christmas all. I got a $25 dollar gift card and I'm thinking about picking up a game or two (or maybe even 3) in the Steam Sale. Nothing early access though and no pre-orders. I think that stuff is kind of silly.

Merry Christmas. If you like space games, maybe take a look at Rebel Galaxy on Steam. Not a huge game, but it's pretty good, and it's an actual game :)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

This is almost entirely random. That is, you can play something, but is it a game? We do not know.

Honest Answer: You can run some missions but most likely you'll just crash or experience massive lag.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

I'd like a refund please.

Keep the change you filthy animal.

Merry Christmas everyone.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I just wanna see Ben wipe his rear end. Make that a stretch-goal, and I'm in.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

mike12345 posted:

I just wanna see Ben wipe his rear end. Make that a stretch-goal, and I'm in.

That would be quite a stretch.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
tbh i really enjoyed being a liberator gunner in planetside 2, and so did a lot of people. So its definately possible to make turret gunning fun, its just that crobnerts cant because hes incompetent

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

quote:

As development for Wing Commander came to a close, the EMM386 memory manager the game used would give an exception when the user exited the game. It would print out a message similar to "EMM386 Memory manager error..." with additional information. The team could not isolate and fix the error and they needed to ship it as soon as possible. As a work-around, one of the game's programmers, Ken Demarest III, hex-edited the memory manager so it displayed a different message. Instead of the error message, it printed "Thank you for playing Wing Commander."
:pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CIG apply this to the whole game now.

• Locked thread