Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it's that kind of clever, lateral thinking that'll help CIG turn croberts' vague ramblings and idle musings wrt his "vision" into a functioning game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Merry Christmas!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Scruffpuff posted:

You know the thing about Sandi, she's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until she takes your cash and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the brown sea turns red and in spite of all the wishin' and the spergin' she still comes in and rips your wallet to pieces.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Friendly Tumour posted:

tbh i really enjoyed being a liberator gunner in planetside 2, and so did a lot of people. So its definately possible to make turret gunning fun, its just that crobnerts cant because hes incompetent

lib gunning in PS2 worked because it was OP and the gun required a human to operate. The second is a deal breaker for shitizens as it might require them to interact with people in a multiplayer game

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Releasing a "finished" product restricts further game development because you have to keep in mind to not break the game for the players and to support the product. It is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
After much thought I;ve come to the conclusion that investing in Joint Photographic Experts Group(jpeg)s might be a bad idea

Also my research revealed wikipedia use a cat to illustrate jpegs, this is amusing

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If there's still room for pizzatalk, any of you guys ever tried a barbacoa and chorizo pizza?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

You should get bad rats.

Get shower with your dad simulator 2015.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

RuckusRouser posted:

In spite of being a born and raised Manhattan native, I can honestly admit that Chicago pizza is better than NY pizza

As someone that has never lived in Chicago or New York or Detroit, Detroit style pizza is objectively the best pizza.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

I know right?

Deep dish, light sauce, extra pineapple, Canadian bacon, ham, and... normal bacon. Because bacon. And pineapple.

Canadian bacon and ham are not the same things ? Change that deep dish for thin or regular crust and we are talking.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Berious posted:

After much thought I;ve come to the conclusion that investing in Joint Photographic Experts Group(jpeg)s might be a bad idea

Also my research revealed wikipedia use a cat to illustrate jpegs, this is amusing

I'm willing to buy this jpeg from you if you're looking to get out of the jpeg market

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Meat Dimension posted:

I used my refund money to buy a ps4 and games for the g/f, she loves it.

Merry Christmas thread :unsmith:

A Christmas miracle :toot:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Fargin Icehole posted:

If there's still room for pizzatalk, any of you guys ever tried a barbacoa and chorizo pizza?

No, but it sounds good. I'd probably eat it for breakfast.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fargin Icehole posted:

I've tried both and they imo depend on who is making it. A chain? Greasy as hell

There is a place that only uses locally bought ingredients around here and the barbacoa pizza is amazing

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
One of the gifts my mom got me for Christmas was a homemade cookbook that was the scanned pages from my great-grandmothers cook book, most of which were her writing things down on whatever paper she had available. We had her prime rib for Christmas Eve dinner and it was spectacular. I'm going to type her recipes up, so i'll post them in the thread as a I go through them.

Merry Christmas thread.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Merry Christmas thread. Here's my jpg gift to you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

One of the gifts my mom got me for Christmas was a homemade cookbook that was the scanned pages from my great-grandmothers cook book, most of which were her writing things down on whatever paper she had available. We had her prime rib for Christmas Eve dinner and it was spectacular. I'm going to type her recipes up, so i'll post them in the thread as a I go through them.

Merry Christmas thread.

That's really awesome

Sounds like a good time

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bait and Swatch posted:

Merry Christmas thread.

This is awesome and I am excited.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Loooool I got MVP on around the verse. Guess I better not show my face around here anymore.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Yes post the prime rib recipe. I'm cooking it for the first time soon.

FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is awesome and I am excited.

I feel like giving back to the thread that has given me so much entertainment, so here's my Grandmother's Banana Pudding recipe:

34-45 Vanilla Wafers
5-6 Medium Bananas
3/4 cup sugar, divided,
1/3 cup flour
Dash of salt
4 eggs, separated, at room temperature
2 cup milk
1 1/2 quart casserole dish or similar.

Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and salt on top of a double boiler. Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, creating the custard.
Spread small amount on bottom of casserole dish; cover with a layer of wafers. Top with layer of sliced bananas. Pour about 1/3rd custard over bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas, and custard to make 3 layers of each, ending with custard.

Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon on top of pudding, spreading over entire surface and sealing well to edge.

Bake at 350 degrees(F) for 10-12 minutes or until meringue is browned. Cool slightly or chill.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

revmoo posted:

Yes post the prime rib recipe. I'm cooking it for the first time soon.

It's the first one I typed up. It's simple but it turned out really good:

Grandma’s Prime Rib
1 Rib Roast or small end (6 to 8 lbs., 3 to 4 ribs)
8 Garlic Cloves
Rub (My mom couldn’t find the rub recipe, so she used a steak rub of black pepper, salt, paprika, coriander, dill and red pepper flakes)

Directions
The night before, prepare the roast by cutting marks in the fat and inserting the cloves of garlic into the fat. Push the cloves completely under the fat or it will come out when the fat shrinks during cooking.
Half an hour before cooking, apply the rub. Place the roast in a large baking dish with the fat side up.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Cook roast for 1 hour at 400 degrees. After one hour, turn the oven off for one hour, but do not open. If the roast is larger (5 ribs or more) increase the cooking time to one hour and 15 minutes
Then turn the oven back on to 325 degrees, and cook for an additional amount of time for each pound of the roast:
For rare: 4 minutes per pound
For medium rare: 5 minutes per pound
For medium: 6 minutes per pound
For medium-well: 7 minutes per pound
For well: 8 minutes per pound

Allow to sit for 15 minutes, but not in the oven as it will keep cooking it

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wait. That explains EVERYTHING.

Sandi is a Cenobite. Sort of an anti-muse. She condemns men, first by forcing them to shave their groins then she gives them impossible dreams and seals their doom by using such dreams to lead them to crime and atrocities.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Merry Christmas Citizens/spinny pink elephants.

Also if anyone going through the chargeback process has any success please post about it. I'm only hesitant since I don't want to risk a ban for nothing and get literally nothing for $65 instead of a broken demo and a JPG for $65.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Eldragon posted:

Loooool I got MVP on around the verse. Guess I better not show my face around here anymore.

What is MVP of around the verse and why haven't you immediately posted an acceptance speech on Reddit thanking dsmart?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

TTerrible posted:

What is MVP of around the verse and why haven't you immediately posted an acceptance speech on Reddit thanking dsmart?

its this

congrats Eldragon! agreed that you should write an acceptance speech.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the lulz over the past year.

Happy celebration of your choice and stuff.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

its this

congrats Eldragon! agreed that you should write an acceptance speech.

This video showed me that if I wanted to simulate being Ben I should stick my arms straight forward and imagine my chest ending at my elbows.

I have always loved those pixel art ships that Eldragon made. If Star Citizen wasn't terrible in every way and CIG had someone working there who was in charge of marketing they would have made for some amazing pins.

Also merry holiday. May your favorite Chinese restaurant be open.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015
Merry Christmas you all.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

RuckusRouser posted:

In spite of being a born and raised Manhattan native, I can honestly admit that Chicago pizza is better than NY pizza

You're awesome

Romes128 posted:

Wow as a native new yorker gently caress u buddy

Get hosed. Your insistence that a carboard covered with tomato paste is 'pizza' is why Trump is going to be our next President.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I care about pizza like I care about video games, a lot.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyqEFUQKczw

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

"I would like to thank the academy, Ben, sandi, God, xenu, Christ Roberts, and most importantly Derek smart, whose expertise in making promises and not delivering on them has been a true inspiration to us all."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This is a pretty genius move on his part though. Game has to ship but there's a bug they haven't been able to find and fix in time? Change the messaging so nobody knows it's an error.

aleksendr posted:

Canadian bacon and ham are not the same things ? Change that deep dish for thin or regular crust and we are talking.

Canadian Bacon and Ham are cut from different parts of the pig. :chef:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You guys keep misspelling Chrismas

Have a Merry one regardless

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

SirPhoebos posted:

Get hosed. Your insistence that a carboard covered with tomato paste is 'pizza' is why Trump is going to be our next President.

u r dumb

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Eldragon posted:

"I would like to thank the academy, Ben, sandi, God, xenu, Christ Roberts, and most importantly Derek smart, whose expertise in making promises and not delivering on them has been a true inspiration to us all."

Post this on RSI and Reddit and you'll be MVP of my heart

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Merry Chrismas everybody! Santa was wonderful to me. How about you?

Eldragon posted:

What post?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

No, III was. You mean II, IV, and Privateer.

III was also the shittiest Wing Commander. It had fancy new tech, but it's story sucked and it did some dumb things. The worst, in fact, was specific to Hobbes. Wing Commander II's writers took a long time building Hobbes up into a complex and interesting character.

Chris Roberts hated that.

Thus the reason Hobbes goes "Haha, surprise traitor! gently caress all Kilrathi!" and screws you over mid-game; Roberts wanted to retcon and write out everything that happened in WC2.

He had very little to do with WC4 and nothing to do with Prophecy (which was both a fun game and terrible Wing Commander).

ED: Also Erin Roberts is pretty much a hack. Chris Roberts has a lot of good ideas, but Erin does not, and he tends to hurt anything he gets his hands on. Privateer 2 was his abomination. Most disappointing pre-order I've ever made.*

* The FMV wasn't bad for a surrealist sci-fi show on the BBC. Too bad that's not Privateer.

Okay so I've never played any Wing Commander but this sounds funny. Who is Hobbes and how did CR gently caress him up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Merry Chrismas everybody! Santa was wonderful to me. How about you?

What post?

Pixel ship thread

• Locked thread