Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

sterster posted:

Kruster did an awesome thing. I'm really blown away.
As luck would have it I have only had 1 of these and that was the serendipity which I opened earlier this week. Everything looks like it's amazing. I'm pumped to try the meads too.

Where did you get your bottle shipper?

Phew, looks like all my freaking out paid off and caused it to arrive safely (no departure scan and they didn't drop it off til like 11pm my time, tryna give me a panic attack??). HatfulOfHollow sent me the shipper last year and someone sent it to him before that I believe. In case you noticed that only half the bottles were bubble wrapped, it's because I couldn't close the box with the big ones wrapped.

Coupla notes since the piece of paper was too small:
-The Blackrocks cans are local in that they're brewed in my city, couldn't resist throwing a lovely Local Brown Ale in there too (although it's actually really good if you like coconut) and they only say SPECIAL because they were singles, not old.
-I found out after the fact that Black Husky bottles have exploded in the past (rarely, but still) if not kept cold, so be sure to chuck it in the fridge.
-Your untappd nearly caused me a freakout, who woulda thought you'd have had so many things from the Midwest way down there in AZ?

Anyway happy beermas!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Got a well-packed box today, pretty sure from Slore Tactician:

Carton Boat x2
Carton HopPun x2
Carton Epitome
Carton Yirgachefee
FiftyFifty Eclipse ???
Free Will Key Lime Sour

Kane Malus
OEC Gosatequin
To Ol I've Seen Bigger Than Yours
To Ol Mine is Bigger Than Yours
Wicked Weed Black Angel

Lots of good looking stuff here, thank you very much! I can't figure out which Elipse variant you sent though, can you or someone else who knows point me in the right direction?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Google Eclipse style guide. Yours appears to be Four Roses.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Everything came in OK! Wonderful.

Sadly I had to get a little creative with your box.

The Eclipse is a 2014 Four Roses barrel edition purchased last Feb when I visited Truckee.

Enjoy!

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Of course I didn't think to check the FiftyFifty website...

Even though it was pretty creative packaging it was secure and it all got here okay. Thanks again!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I unwrapped my final secret Santa beer this morning

That's awesome!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

According to the UPS tracker, I will be driving right past my package today on my way from my parents' house to the in-laws' house.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
Opened the wrapped items this morning:

2015 Black Gold, 2015? Dark Lord, FFF pint glass, and a Cigar City Leon barrel stave bottle opener. Thanks so much LeafHouse, this is awesome.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

mrcowcow posted:

2015 Black Gold

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

mrcowcow posted:

2015 Black Gold, 2015? Dark Lord, FFF pint glass, and a Cigar City Leon barrel stave bottle opener. Thanks so much LeafHouse, this is awesome.

Yep that's 2015. You're welcome! I had a Black Gold last night and drat is that beer fantastic. Enjoy!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

mrcowcow posted:

:drat:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Forgot to mention with all the type 3 diabeetus I gave myself on chrimbus, my bonus was Peppermint Victory at Sea! Accordingly I drank it that night and it was pretty drat good. Also the candy canes and starlight mints drawn on the wrapper make perfect sense now ;)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

My package should hit my porch today :dance:
Unfortunately, I need to be at the office all afternoon so I probably won't have my hands on it for hours.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

My package should hit my porch today :dance:
Unfortunately, I need to be at the office all afternoon so I probably won't have my hands on it for hours.

Story time, folks!
So the UPS guy stopped by this afternoon and tried to hand off a tiny box to my wife. Mrs. Doctor, N+1th Doctor, and baby N+1.1th Doctor saved the day and got the correct package and I got this box of awesome from ReaperUnreal:

Look at all this stuff!

We got paper, we got bubble wrap, and I'm set on crosswords for a year!

Oh, also there were a bunch of Canadian brewery bottles and a can in it, too:

Thank you so much, Reaper! You're awesome and I can't wait to dive into these bad boys. I have the IPA in the fridge right now for a nightcap, and now I'm set on stouts for the next month! :peanut:
Mrs. Doctor has already laid claim to the bottle (howler?) from Beyond The Pale. She thinks it looks super neat.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Nice! Anyone else still expecting a box?

Nth Doctor posted:

Mrs. Doctor has already laid claim to the bottle (howler?) from Beyond The Pale.

I believe growlito is the proper terminology.

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

LeafHouse posted:

Nice! Anyone else still expecting a box?

Lt. Tofu should be receiving his box at his holiday vacation destination today. Fedex tracking hasn't updated since I dropped the box off Saturday :ohdear: and it was scheduled to be delivered today.

Kruster tells me he had the same issue and the package was delivered, so i'm waiting another day before I start worrying about all that precious beer.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
No need to worry anymore! Fedex dropped off your box while I was out hiking yesterday, and what a haul it was. Merkin Muffley did some detective work to make sure I haven't had any of these beers!

Going left to right.

Upland Barrel Chested
Against the Grain Rico Suave
Mad Tree Axis Mundi
Mad Tree Are You Ready Some Darkness
Founder's Backwood Bastard x2
Off Color Le Predateur
Off Color Dino Smores
Rivertown Ojos Negros
Jackie O's Dark Apparition
Rhinegeist Stryker
Rhinegeist Pure Fury
Rhinegeist Truth

Thanks, I am super excited about all of these. Especally Dino Smores, that went straight to the fridge for later!

edit: Figured out image posting...

Snack Bitch fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 30, 2015

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

Lt_Tofu posted:

No need to worry anymore! Fedex dropped off your box while I was out hiking yesterday, and what a haul it was. Merkin Muffley did some detective work to make sure I haven't had any of these beers!

Going left to right.

Upland Barrel Chested
Against the Grain Rico Suave
Mad Tree Axis Mundi
Mad Tree Are You Ready Some Darkness
Founder's Backwood Bastard x2
Off Color Le Predateur
Off Color Dino Smores
Rivertown Ojos Negros
Jackie O's Dark Apparition
Rhinegeist Stryker
Rhinegeist Pure Fury
Rhinegeist Truth

Thanks, I am super excited about all of these. Especally Dino Smores, that went straight to the fridge for later!

Phew!!! I started stressing when I checked this morning and it switched to "No Scheduled Delivery" Glad it all arrived intact!

Oh, and root around in the packing peanuts, there's a can of a treasured Cincinnati delicacy in there too :) You might have grabbed it actually, the picture isn't loading for me.

Cheers!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Merkin Muffley posted:

there's a can of a treasured Cincinnati delicacy in there too :) You might have grabbed it actually, the picture isn't loading for me.

Is it that loving bullshit you people call "chili?"

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

danbanana posted:

Is it that loving bullshit you people call "chili?"

You're goddamn right it is!

Its really not chili though, but it is delicious. Pour some on a hot dog with mustard and a fuckton of cheese, or on spaghetti with beans and a fuckton of cheese. Raw onion and hot sauce are encouraged.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Merkin Muffley posted:

Its really not chili though, but it is delicious. Pour some on a hot dog with mustard and a fuckton of cheese, or on spaghetti with beans and a fuckton of cheese. Raw onion and hot sauce are encouraged.
Every time I get spaghetti instead of macaroni in "chili mac" - :smith:

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Merkin Muffley posted:

Oh man, I totally missed that. Going to eat that for breakfast with tons of cheese and hot sauce! Also I fixed my imgur link, so everyone can see the tapes.

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

Lt_Tofu posted:

Oh man, I totally missed that. Going to eat that for breakfast with tons of cheese and hot sauce! Also I fixed my imgur link, so everyone can see the tapes.

Unless your dumping it on a slice of goetta (Cincy breakfast style, pan-fried with a fried egg on top and and a biscuit to use as an edible spoon), i'd save it for a drunken dinner on top of spaghetti... Cincy chili isn't really meant to be eaten by itself. Follow the recipe in the beer note I sent you and I promise you wont be disappointed.

Also, gently caress you danbanana. I'd talk poo poo about your Billy Goat Burgers, weird salad hot-dogs and pizza casseroles, but they've all been pretty good in my experience, and I kind of want to take a trip to Chicago now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
Just got back from Buffalo to pick up my package. Hot drat Eejit! I'm so excited to try all of these! These were perfectly chosen to my tastes. Thanks!

• Locked thread