Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dark Off posted:

Esperia-Glaive

1997 Batman & robin concept art shown during 1:31:53

I wonder what happens when marvel discovers glaive? :allears:

Holy poo poo... hahahahaha....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I had a friend over last night and we got drunk and I showed him Star Citizen .

First I showed him the jank and it was pretty bad.

Then someone spawned one of the big black B-1 bomber looking ships and i flew my red rocket fighter plane thing under it and self destructed.

It made the nose end of the big black ship rock up into the air, once it got high enough, it was like the whole ship was sucked away by a vacuum cleaner, it just went zooop and was gone.

Then I showed him stealing other people's ships.

He agreed never to spend any money on it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

Get hosed. Your insistence that a carboard covered with tomato paste is 'pizza' is why Trump is going to be our next President.

SirPhoebos posted:

no u

EDIT: Hawaiian Pizza is fine, as long as it includes ham w. the Pinapple.

look at this guy that doesnt know poo poo about good pizza

id take chicagos pizza casserole over anything with pineapple on it

you disgust me

no, u really do. why you gotta put pineapple on pizza

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Local Pizzeria got the best thing ever.

Chicken, mozzarella, chevre, red onion and honey. Best pizza around.

This is very relevant, obviously.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

hakimashou posted:

Then someone spawned one of the big black B-1 bomber looking ships and i flew my red rocket fighter plane thing under it and self destructed.

It made the nose end of the big black ship rock up into the air, once it got high enough, it was like the whole ship was sucked away by a vacuum cleaner, it just went zooop and was gone.

So what you're saying is you're providing a service to society like those folks who go around schools and show kids what a dead smoker's lung cancer looked like.

:golfclap:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen: Please STOP showing people our game, it's losing potential profits.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Blazing Ownager posted:

No, III was. You mean II, IV, and Privateer.

Roberts has a story credit on III but two other dudes (the same guys who wrote WC4) wrote the actual script of III.

quote:

ED: Also Erin Roberts is pretty much a hack. Chris Roberts has a lot of good ideas, but Erin does not, and he tends to hurt anything he gets his hands on.

Erin Roberts is the only reason Strike Commander and the first Privateer made it out the door.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
420 gently caress goons I am entering myself in the Benjamin R. Lesnick memorial triathlon tomorrow since goons are too poor to be able to go pick up poo poo tier food from Their local Pizza Hut. Rest in piss me I guess

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

hakimashou posted:

Star citizen 2 : I had a friend over last night and we got drunk and I showed him star citizen

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

D_Smart posted:

Word is that these were put in because otherwise there's nothing for players to do, given that most of what SC was about, is non-existent. These scripted (using the basic CE framework) missions take the same form that SQ42 missions will take. Sans the FMV and acting.

It's because they shoved a single-player mission engine into a multiplayer game, that some missions tend to resolve for every client on the server even if one person did something, completed it etc. Once it's triggered, it's global.

I am facing the same issues (hence my World Events) with LOD in that until the game gets to a certain point, you really only have PvP in fps - which is boring for this kind of game since it's not a dedicated fps game. So I see why they did it; and it makes perfect sense.

Except that this was never a goal for Star Citizen and no mention of missions (or quests) even appears in any stretch goal. As in ever. Missions were for SQ42 only. So yeah, they just tacked it on. Scope creep.

You really are retarded.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

So, I have a question, the Benjamin R. Lesnick memorial triathlon, is there a timer to completion, or can you pace yourself?

Not that I'm going to enter, That much cheese would probably actually kill me.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

wow rude

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

Did you really just call someone "retarded" in the somethingawfuldotcom Star Citizen: Hey, Karl, man, come back. Nah, come back. Hey, we didn't mean nothin' thread?

Yes.

Yes you did.

You're really not fitting in around here. Maybe go back to your echo chamber and fantasize about not being a scam victim?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
My (for real) mentally challenged brother would be able to see that SC is an investment in futility.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

Shouldn't you be playing the best game ever?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Inspired by this thread, I started my own SC-related experiment. I will try to gauge some things I can't talk about now because I don't want to be banned from the SC-forums before I'm finished with my judgement. Expect this final judgement to happen in two weeks.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Gryphon0468 is the most boring cultist. Zero effort hit n runs do not breed comedy. Oh for Octopode to return :(

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

AP posted:

Shouldn't you be playing the best game ever?

:boom:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

somethingawfuldotcom poster gryphon234950876234809576 should have all his Christmas presents taken away and be made to sit on the naughty step while he has to watch all the other children playing with their toys.

I know who's on Santa's naughty list for next year!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

Same

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Since we're on a pizza tangent, does anyone here remember the glory of the Pizza Hut Priazzo pies? This was an 80s thing if I remember, and they were glorious. This was when Pizza Hut was a sit-down restaurant with servers etc., and the big red Coke plastic cups that I swear made the Coke taste better.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Star Citizen: I'd rather stalk goons in fantasy football forums than play the game I spent more than $3,000 on

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

neonbregna posted:

420 gently caress goons I am entering myself in the Benjamin R. Lesnick memorial triathlon tomorrow since goons are too poor to be able to go pick up poo poo tier food from Their local Pizza Hut. Rest in piss me I guess

Pizza Hut delivers just fine here.

Don't ask me how I know.

I've already prepared a eulogy for you on my blog.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Darkpriest667 posted:

^ this is a wise person.

I never asked for this.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Scruffpuff posted:

Since we're on a pizza tangent, does anyone here remember the glory of the Pizza Hut Priazzo pies? This was an 80s thing if I remember, and they were glorious. This was when Pizza Hut was a sit-down restaurant with servers etc., and the big red Coke plastic cups that I swear made the Coke taste better.

Tell you what I remember, being able to eat any Pizza without the specter of allergic reaction looming over my shoulder. You assholes yapping about Pizzas all the time isn't very festive to us poor sods who have to roll the dice every time that cheesy urge overpowers self preservation.

I'm kidding. Sort of. I eat Pizzas whenever and chug prescription antihistamines to counter the horrible hives I'd otherwise break out in.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

High quality drive-by posting. Thankfully your post is in pre-alpha so it isn't fair to judge you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

:gary::gizz:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Also, while we may have contradictory opinions about the appropriateness of pineapple on pizza, I think we can all agree that gryphon0468 can now go gently caress them self (my sis has developmental disabilities and she would take one look at SC and ask why doesn't it work right then proceed to laugh at the bugs that infest this rotting house with no foundation)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I enjoy the reasoning, as the SC "Alpha" moves along its versions, and "bug fixes" are applied, and the product becomes "more stable" - sentence ended due to quotation mark limit violation

The reason I enjoy this so much, is watching linear thought process that the Shitizens are using to conclude that the game will obviously be released. The reasoning is easy to follow, and goes as such:

1) There is something to play right now (sort of)
2) Each patch fixes bugs
3) Each release number goes up
4) Each release is more stable

and then the logical conclusion:

5) Therefore with enough time, the game will be out

NONE of the cultists have seen the disconnect between #4 and #5. None of them. Their logic is flawless - the engine can be tweaked and patched forever, into infinite potential, simply given enough time - this is as undeniable as the scientifically-provable fact that a Honda Civic can eventually be tweaked and adjusted into an F1 racer without changing out the engine or any other parts.

Now I know some of the developers who left the company knew this. They knew the inherent limit of the engine, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed. There are developers there today who know the limit, and some of those are preparing to bail. Others are just moving the goalposts of the project to fit within the limits of what the engine can do, using the quite deliberate obfuscation of what the gently caress this game is even supposed to be as a shield rather than a liability. If nobody knows what the game is, they can't prove the engine can't do it.

I love all this because it's like watching a train wreck in the world's slowest motion. We know that the Alpha patch releases, and the actual performance of said releases, are going to converge into a singularity where the existing engine has been tweaked to its absolute limit, all bugs are fixed, and the game still can't and won't run because they were using the wrong solution from the jump. But the citizens not only don't know that, but actually can't know that - even those with experience in the industry - because cult behavior shuts down the critical thinking centers of the brain as its first order of business.

This is excellent from nearly every perspective. Look at Chris during his recent video appearances and compare them to those from 2, 3 years ago. Look at his eyes. He knows, beyond a doubt, what's coming. He doesn't care about scope creep, physics, ships, design, systems, economy - gently caress it. He's not completely stupid; he knows he mismanaged and misspent this project directly into the ground. SQ42 is his Hail Mary pass - his way to justify to himself that he is not a complete failure. If that goes out, in any form at all, he will add that to his internal monologue as a success. I've worked with CEOs before who give up on their company, and they all get the same look in their eyes when they "check out". This man is riding out the clock.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Gryphon0468 posted:

You really are retarded.

Merry Christmas. May all your passive aggressive driveby dsmart shitposting dreams come true.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

I enjoy the reasoning, as the SC "Alpha" moves along its versions, and "bug fixes" are applied, and the product becomes "more stable" - sentence ended due to quotation mark limit violation

The reason I enjoy this so much, is watching linear thought process that the Shitizens are using to conclude that the game will obviously be released. The reasoning is easy to follow, and goes as such:

1) There is something to play right now (sort of)
2) Each patch fixes bugs
3) Each release number goes up
4) Each release is more stable

and then the logical conclusion:

5) Therefore with enough time, the game will be out

NONE of the cultists have seen the disconnect between #4 and #5. None of them. Their logic is flawless - the engine can be tweaked and patched forever, into infinite potential, simply given enough time - this is as undeniable as the scientifically-provable fact that a Honda Civic can eventually be tweaked and adjusted into an F1 racer without changing out the engine or any other parts.

Now I know some of the developers who left the company knew this. They knew the inherent limit of the engine, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed. There are developers there today who know the limit, and some of those are preparing to bail. Others are just moving the goalposts of the project to fit within the limits of what the engine can do, using the quite deliberate obfuscation of what the gently caress this game is even supposed to be as a shield rather than a liability. If nobody knows what the game is, they can't prove the engine can't do it.

I love all this because it's like watching a train wreck in the world's slowest motion. We know that the Alpha patch releases, and the actual performance of said releases, are going to converge into a singularity where the existing engine has been tweaked to its absolute limit, all bugs are fixed, and the game still can't and won't run because they were using the wrong solution from the jump. But the citizens not only don't know that, but actually can't know that - even those with experience in the industry - because cult behavior shuts down the critical thinking centers of the brain as its first order of business.

This is excellent from nearly every perspective. Look at Chris during his recent video appearances and compare them to those from 2, 3 years ago. Look at his eyes. He knows, beyond a doubt, what's coming. He doesn't care about scope creep, physics, ships, design, systems, economy - gently caress it. He's not completely stupid; he knows he mismanaged and misspent this project directly into the ground. SQ42 is his Hail Mary pass - his way to justify to himself that he is not a complete failure. If that goes out, in any form at all, he will add that to his internal monologue as a success. I've worked with CEOs before who give up on their company, and they all get the same look in their eyes when they "check out". This man is riding out the clock.

Do you develop games? I thought not

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

serious norman posted:

Still use a CRT monitor because I'm eurotrash.

Get some cattes!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The thing is, in most aspects Star Citicen doesn't actually move. Over the last two years, I saw a lot of effort disappearing into Star Citizen, but in the end we got a tech demo looking a lot like stuff we had back in 2013. And it's always baffling to me when I remember the game isn't feature locked-in for some reason, so the development basically can't ever end.

Exploration for example, was something about looking for "jump points" in 2013 and it's still the same. If you look around for information, you get some exploration ships you can buy pictures off and that's it.

If you actually ask real Star Citizens, you get answers like "Exploration is a main part of the game." Which if you think about it, says nothing. I look at the Carrack and see the word "exploration" mentioned on this weird sheet of gameplay elements, but not a word about what CIG thinks how this should work.

Compare this with Elite: Dangerous, where they had a complete design-document you could look at to get some small idea what could be in the real game at the end. And what ended up in the real game was easy to understand and to do.

In Star Citizen, I can find platitudes and jump points, but apparently the rest is not even planned. Quite funny how exploration is so important, there aren't even any concrete plans for it this close to the release in 2016. :v:

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Scruffpuff posted:

There are developers there today who know the limit, and some of those are preparing to bail.

Why would anyone quit a payed job which basicly comes down to an unlimited time of fixing something and get payed for it, while people threw more and more money into development?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Congrats Eldragon, your pixel ships are rad. Merry jpegmas, may Chris Claus bring you all some high definition pngs for jpegmas.

Ps I found out I might be adopted thanks to this thread. My parents both love Hawaiian pizza while I can't stand it. :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao this game is so hosed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Westy543 posted:

Congrats Eldragon, your pixel ships are rad. Merry jpegmas, may Chris Claus bring you all some high definition pngs for jpegmas.

Ps I found out I might be adopted thanks to this thread. My parents both love Hawaiian pizza while I can't stand it. :ohdear:

you were adopted by people who actively hate good pizza, goondolences

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Dear lord Ben is such a disgusting obese pig. When he lifts his arms up(towards the end of ATV)and the fat flaps hang off I just want to vomit. He look like he is wearing a wing suit made of flesh.

If you are reading this you pig you would have made a good abortion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Raged posted:

Dear lord Ben is such a disgusting obese pig. When he lifts his arms up(towards the end of ATV)and the fat flaps hang off I just want to vomit. He look like he is wearing a wing suit made of flesh.

If you are reading this you pig you would have made a good abortion.

Here's a tip, don't watch anything regarding star citizen

• Locked thread