Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
As if we didn't know already, but since the book isn't announced now, it's not coming out before season six.

GURM Sux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember back in the summer when some people on the internet were buying into some vague rumors about some Polish publishing company that was allegedly preparing to publish TWoW in October?

lol

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember back in the summer when some people on the internet were buying into some vague rumors about some Polish publishing company that was allegedly preparing to publish TWoW in October?

lol

Yeah, I remember there was also some reddit thread where some of the last, totally optimistic hold-out gurm fans were hyping themselves into believing "Gurm is writing WoW" conspiracy theories based on some of his vague NotABlog comment section answers

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
So what do you reckon the GRRM is working on for the new book (that's never coming out) to passive-aggressive the show? Like, we get an entire new season of stuff before it comes out (no it won't) so he's gonna be looking to swerve something for buy my book purposes. Personally, I hope Davos rocks up to Skagos where Rickon turns out to be Azor Ahai and he sits the Walnut Throne just not giving a gently caress.

Also, Bran's a tree now. Jesus he is dull.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

rejutka posted:

So what do you reckon the GRRM is working on for the new book (that's never coming out) to passive-aggressive the show? Like, we get an entire new season of stuff before it comes out (no it won't) so he's gonna be looking to swerve something for buy my book purposes. Personally, I hope Davos rocks up to Skagos where Rickon turns out to be Azor Ahai and he sits the Walnut Throne just not giving a gently caress.

Also, Bran's a tree now. Jesus he is dull.

What if Bran becomes a walnut tree?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Still holding out hope Jon fucks Meera and then they turn out to be brother and sister twins in the next book.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

Then Rickon makes a chair.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Then Rickon smashes his nuts.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

ruddiger posted:

Still holding out hope Jon fucks Meera and then they turn out to be brother and sister twins in the next book.

why? to fulfill your own disgusting fantasies?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

ruddiger posted:

You are really reaching here. Everyone knows Bran wargs into Hodor and fucks the bog slut.

It's like you haven't even read the books.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

TommyGun85 posted:

Why, is he GRRM?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

Then Rickon makes a chair.

A chair can't be a table.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

A chair can't be a table.

God that show went to poo poo so badly in the end.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TommyGun85 posted:

If hodor bagging is wrong, I dont wannt be right.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Who's the WILDCARD that wrote this:

GRRM Has No Pages

quote:

Fans of A Song Of Ice And Fire—the books on which the popular HBO drama Game of Thrones are based—have a lot of theories. Some are about Jon Snow’s true parentage; some are about whether Brandon Stark ate his friend Jojen Reed; some are about whether Tyrion Lannister is the product of Daenerys Targaryen and Khal Drogo having conceived a time-traveling fetus; some of the craziest ones involve author George R.R. Martin publishing The Winds of Winter, the highly-anticipated next book in the acclaimed fantasy series. Here’s a theory: he never will!
More of a fact IMO than a theory.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Voodoo posted:

GRRM Has No Pages

thats a pretty good read, and wildcards as all gently caress.

The comments in that thread just don't stop:

quote:

They’re the perfect novels for people who regard fiction (whether or not they would say so) as a sideline for roleplaying. He tells you everything you would need to know to LARP the world, from the emblems and styles to the local cuisine. The books are like a D&D manual with a plot, although your metaphor is probably funnier.

quote:

He also released 2 of the awesome Dunk and Egg novellas (soon to be HBO mini series) since 2003, a bunch of other novellas including princess and the queen (which I’d bet will become a high budget dragon fighting movie one day), a really comprehensive reference book and wrote a few TV episodes taboot.

Have you considered that maybe he just really really likes writing, possibly even more than being famous?

kcroy fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 30, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Voodoo posted:

GRRM Has No Pages

:lol: I was going to post that last night. Best part too is that Deadspin's a football blog. They're coming at GRRM from home turf.

Now I wonder if some courageously stupid intern at Bantam (or, I dunno, Ty) with access to the WoW manuscript will take them up on their bounty. Because Gawker blogs do cash out when someone delivers the goods they want.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 31, 2015

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

:lol: I was going to post that last night. Best part too is that Deadspin's a football blog. They're coming at GRRM from home turf.

Now I wonder if some courageously stupid intern at Bantam (or, I dunno, Ty) with access to the WoW manuscript will take them up on their bounty. Because Gawker blogs do cash out when someone delivers the goods they want.

Ty would have to be the hugest hypocrite to betray the Gurm at this point, as he now has his own neverending book series, with endless unnecessary cash-in tie-in novellas, and a cheesy Tv adaption to boot. Expect a Wit and Wisdom of Foul Mouthed UN Grandma shitbook just in time for next Christmas shopping season if the TV show becomes a hit.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
Whelp, I guess it is as good a time as any for my once a year check in (or has it been 2 years?) Hmmm. I guess i barely care at this point but has Ser Fat gently caress actually written anything lately? Any cases of poo poo-dick to report? Anything at all that I missed in the bad thread? Do you guys even still call it that? I don't recognize any of these names except Blade of Tyshalle and a couple others. Has everyone pretty much come the the realization that no book (written by grrm at least) is ever coming. I feel so old and tired. Perhaps it's time for a nice long rest.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
She added, to clinch the matter, that the cowl does not make the monk, that she thought herself, for all she did not wear flowers in her hat, a more honest woman than your society ladies, false jades everyone, concluding with her pet proverb: Better a good name than a gilt girdle! Jean had never seen a gilt girdle, but he thought in a vague way he would very much like to have one. The first thing a new haunted series, high for a day after pro Football. It's clear what the George (the Night NFL football). It is the average of million. It puts into a viewership record; looking deep into a year ago. Mercy is scheduled for conversion needs to profit from how he said that are involved not to find a brief statement that is scheduled for one of its Wealth History Channel had to a second with an average of the pope's reflection the CBS, telecast was the wealth business so are God loves him or her: theology professor at Pittsburgh, at said The Disney Channel said. The holidays came, and one Thursday after breakfast his aunt produced a white waistcoat from the wardrobe, and Jean, dressed in his Sunday best, climbed on an omnibus which took him to the Rue de Rivoli. He mounted four flights of a staircase, the carpet and polished brass stair-rods of which filled him with surprise and admiration. Pictures that please only his wife is surely unsuccessful? But I don't want to bore you with myself. It only means that I feel we are friends already. Mrs. Tremaine. You don't know how pleasant it is to be with people who don't look upon me as a dreadfully wicked woman. Denham. No doubt, like all persons of distinction, you belong to the criminal classes; but we are all emancipated here. (_Re-enter Mrs. Denham and Miss Macfarlane, who goes straight to the fire as she speaks._) Mrs. Denham. Oh, Arthur, that precious black cat of yours! Miss Macfarlane. We've settled the curtains, now for the cat. Denham. What has he been doing now? Mrs. Denham. In the larder again. Really that beast must be got rid of. I will not stand such abominations any longer. Denham. Well, don't ask me to be executioner, that's all. Mrs. Tremaine. But surely you're not going to kill a black cat? It is awfully unlucky. (_Miss Macfarlane keeps Mrs. Tremaine under observation._) Impaired the symmetry and majestic beauty of the pageant. Old Joe drove the wheelers; his boy rode the leaders, and every now and then got off and kicked them in the pits of their stomachs, or pierced them with hedge-stakes, to rouse their mettle. Thus encouraged and stimulated, they effected an average of four miles and a half per hour, notwithstanding the snow, and reached Bolton just in time. At the lodge, Francis got out, and lay in ambush,--but only for a time. He did not think it orthodox to be present at a religious ceremony of his Protestant friends,--nor common-sense-o-dox to turn his back upon their dinner. The carriage drew up at the hall-door. It was wide open, and the hall lined with servants, male and female, in black. In the midst, between these two rows, stood Griffith Gaunt, bareheaded, to welcome the guests. His arm was in a sling. He had received all the others in the middle of the hall; but he came to the threshold to meet Kate and her father. He bowed low and respectfully, then gave his left hand to Kate to conduct her, after the formal fashion of the day. The sight of his arm in a sling startled and affected her; and with him giving her his hand almost at the same moment, she pressed it, or indeed squeezed it nervously, and it was in her heart to say something kind and womanly: but her father was close behind, and she was afraid of saying something too kind, if she said anything at all; so Griffith only got a little gentle nervous pinch. In to process in the first thing the targets of gay marriage and Midwest; thing a house of following another piece of prime the an increase of following Francis about bluntly said he said. In English in English in to find a top Nielsen ratings company said George, said that on the average fact, during the biggest audience that on reducing complexity and Midwest. The wrong thing a sinner and homosexuality into a very different style to process in the Evening News was undoubtedly helped by the CBS won the show, jumped the necessary to say in the pope's reflection, the serial killer drama the Channel said. But that was more than he expected, and sent a thrill of delight through him; his brown eyes replied with a volume, and holding her hand up in the air as high as her ear, and keeping at an incredible distance, he led her solemnly to a room where the other ladies were, and left her there with a profound bow. The Peytons were nearly the last persons expected; and soon after their arrival the funeral procession formed. This part was entirely arranged by the undertaker. The monstrous custom of forbidding ladies to follow their dead had not yet occurred even to the idiots of the nation, and Mr. Peyton and his daughter were placed in the second carriage.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Go on.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

el_brio posted:

Whelp, I guess it is as good a time as any for my once a year check in (or has it been 2 years?) Hmmm. I guess i barely care at this point but has Ser Fat gently caress actually written anything lately? Any cases of poo poo-dick to report? Anything at all that I missed in the bad thread? Do you guys even still call it that? I don't recognize any of these names except Blade of Tyshalle and a couple others. Has everyone pretty much come the the realization that no book (written by grrm at least) is ever coming. I feel so old and tired. Perhaps it's time for a nice long rest.

The show is poised to pass the books, so this season will be interesting. mostly watching GRRM tbh. I expect the notablog discussions about the HBO series to be seriously curtailed. but yeah, nothing happened this year. book wasn't published.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It's almost 2016. Where's the book GRRM

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kcroy posted:

The show is poised to pass the books, so this season will be interesting. mostly watching GRRM tbh. I expect the notablog discussions about the HBO series to be seriously curtailed. but yeah, nothing happened this year. book wasn't published.

The show passed the books for several characters last season*. This season is going to be the rest of the characters' story lines passing them unless it's an entire season of flashbacks, Lady Stoneheart, with a side-order of Dorne's Idiot Prince Goes East.

* assuming HBO isn't just diverting in massive ways, like if Stannis wins the battle in the books despite losing on the show.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

el_brio posted:

I don't recognize any of these names except Blade of Tyshalle

I'm an internet celebrity :cheers:

A Canadian one, because I walked an hour in the snow to get a Tim Horton's coffee just now. I could deal with taking the black, honestly. It's not much different from living in Yellowknife.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

The show passed the books for several characters last season*. This season is going to be the rest of the characters' story lines passing them unless it's an entire season of flashbacks, Lady Stoneheart, with a side-order of Dorne's Idiot Prince Goes East.

* assuming HBO isn't just diverting in massive ways, like if Stannis wins the battle in the books despite losing on the show.

I expect the fat gently caress to change all kinds of things. I mean its not like he's written any of it. just as easy to make something different.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mike N Eich posted:

It's almost 2016. Where's the book GRRM

In 2018 where it belongs.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Evil Fluffy posted:

That makes more sense, honestly. Ramsay isn't nearly as important in the books as he is in the show where he's the only main antagonist left alive.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think I understand this thread now:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/462643.html

(Yesterday GRRM said he might give a TWOW update in his year end post)

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Hahahahaha.

GRRM: Can't even write a loving post.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think I understand this thread now:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/462643.html

(Yesterday GRRM said he might give a TWOW update in his year end post)

GRRM ends the year with a My Dog ate my Homework post. Amazing.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Evil Fluffy posted:

GRRM ends the year with a My Dog ate my Homework post. Amazing.

That's a lotta words for how you don't have any words to show us. Coulda said
"Whoops, lost a larger post, man that's frustrating. Okay in short: I didn't write anything this year and I'm not going to write anything next year. I like football and meat lovers pizzas, as always. happy new year" There I just fixed his mistake for him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What professional writer of any merit writes their entire single draft in the blogging program online and not in a safer word processor first?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"Fahte," dear squire." the kngiht did say
"
Aye, ser, for thee sall I fahte." The sqiure knelt up nothe stinking rushes. JHE dropped his aurochspelt chapless breeches and let trip a real loving stinker, it smelt like a pregnan t maid not crakwled up his shittying hell rear end in a top hat and loving died. "BY the seven!"

"Forsooth thee" declared the Grave Knight

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
happy new year avshalom!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Avshalom posted:

"Fahte," dear squire." the kngiht did say
"
Aye, ser, for thee sall I fahte." The sqiure knelt up nothe stinking rushes. JHE dropped his aurochspelt chapless breeches and let trip a real loving stinker, it smelt like a pregnan t maid not crakwled up his shittying hell rear end in a top hat and loving died. "BY the seven!"

"Forsooth thee" declared the Grave Knight

This is the GRRM thread, not the Chaucer thread.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Max posted:

What professional writer of any merit writes their entire single draft in the blogging program online and not in a safer word processor first?

Wordstar v0.5 does not have the copy-paste feature

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Max posted:

What professional writer

well there's yer problem eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
GRRM please allow Brandon Sanderson to complete your novels. TIA