Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Bit damp out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I have a quite strong cringing hatred of Carry On films. They offend me in a really deep, fundamental way that I can't explain.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're just generally bad. All of them. Like most 70s comedy.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
If my train from York to Manchester is affected by the floods tomorrow there'll be loving murders

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
good thing i know you're a giant ginger when i make my police report

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Mate I'm taking a train from loving Redcar to Manchester in a few days, if you're gonna do murders I'm gonna do a global genocide of everything that lives.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Manchester to London on Monday. I think it will be OK

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

have you all drowned

am I free

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

underwater posting

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fairly passive posted:

The Carry On films are dated and painful to watch. Hancock's Half Hour has many of the same actors and is much older but somehow seems timeless. The genius of Galton and Simpson.

I find them a fascinating time capsule. You see much the same houses and streets as now but a strangely alien lifestyle and worldview. Like, 45 years ago, people could watch this stuff and find it held amusing parallels to their own lives and experiences.

Also, I have officially survived 3 days back at home with my family and tomorrow can retreat to my lovely empty flat, where I can rest and begin to unpick the damage done to my health by constant drinking and enormous amounts of meat for every meal.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I can confirm that Bradford is unaffected by the rain and flooding.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think this much rain will just about fill the aquifers so all us people in the south can use hosepipes for a few years.

We just need a few huge pipes to pump it down south. Maybe just dig a new river.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

I find them a fascinating time capsule. You see much the same houses and streets as now but a strangely alien lifestyle and worldview. Like, 45 years ago, people could watch this stuff and find it held amusing parallels to their own lives and experiences.

Also, I have officially survived 3 days back at home with my family and tomorrow can retreat to my lovely empty flat, where I can rest and begin to unpick the damage done to my health by constant drinking and enormous amounts of meat for every meal.

I'd not thought of it that way before. I almost refuse to believe it. I do though, and the fact that I do believe it makes me so unbelievably glad to be a citizen of the 21st century. Say what you want about selfie sticks and Biebs and cereal cafes and ketamine but at least it doesn't have that.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
So I went to bumper with my southern fried who is down for a few days and the time crisis booth is down

What is even the point

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

Well we are both bad at pool but hes less bad

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

But he is a cider drinker so that explains it

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i drinks it all of the day

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its weird looking at this on a tablet

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

which tablets are you on?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

its weird looking at this on a tablet

Just wait until someone posts more than 3 gifs.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
of you have to post anything with [ ] or / tags

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Tablets are cool though, enjoy it. What type have you got because Awful app for iOS is really good but I've not used the Google version?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Fingerless Gloves posted:

So I went to bumper with my southern fried who is down for a few days and the time crisis booth is down

What is even the point

Bumper is so naff but at least I get to rent the back room for free so it's cool in my book

They need more video games

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Wednesday won so I'm happy about christmas.

loving Villa not losing as they should have screwed me out of 120 quid on my boxing day acca.

gently caress Villa

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Eating leftovers and drinking fancy beers from M&S. Got a giant box of Celebrations from someone, so going to get stuck into that in a few I think. CHRISTMAS.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Ratjaculation posted:

Tablets are cool though, enjoy it. What type have you got because Awful app for iOS is really good but I've not used the Google version?

I'm using an iPad and yeah the awful app on here is v smart.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im surprised you fog breathers can even figure out how to use an electronic device like the ipad

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Nooner posted:

im surprised you fog breathers can even figure out how to use an electronic device like the ipad

hey nooner, hows ur weiner?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Went to friends for Christmas dinner (gently caress yeah! don't have to cook). Only I got annoyed that I didn't have any leftovers, so I'm doing a roast tonight.

Reminds me of when I still lived at home, and got two roasts every Christmas. High point of having divorced parents.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh my god I get to go home tomorrow

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

we didn't have turkey on Christmas Day as most of the family couldn't make it, so we did presents today and are having our turkey meal tonight. the oven chose tonight to break which is causing major stress, fake Christmas is ruined

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

also my brother got me a signed copy of Vince Cable's book :confused:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Lady Gaza posted:

also my brother got me a signed copy of Vince Cable's book :confused:

No trade value, but it might burn quite well?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Can I let all you fellow veggies out there that quorn turkey slices WILL ruin your Christmas dinner. They're awful.

Regards,

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

deep impact is on everyone should watch it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

britishbornandbread posted:

Can I let all you fellow veggies out there that quorn turkey slices WILL ruin your Christmas dinner. They're awful.

Regards,

A Nut Roast is an acceptable alternative to turkey, even if you are normal person who eats meat, turkey can be vile if cooked badly but nut roasts are always consistently delicious.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

learnincurve posted:

A Nut Roast is an acceptable alternative to turkey, even if you are normal person who eats meat, turkey can be vile if cooked badly but nut roasts are always consistently delicious.

i love the quorn nut roast but my mum is a carnivorous simpleton who wanted to see her veggie son suffer this christmas

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Vitamins posted:

deep impact is on everyone should watch it

movie owns

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Year in review - £12,000 saved and still can't even whisper "I'd like a mortgage to buy a house please" without getting laughed out of the building. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

im glad I voted conservative so poor peons like you aren't able to buy houses