Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper Dan posted:

Possibly the most delusional thing (and that is saying something) is that they think if this game comes out and is any good, we'll all just go away and sulk and pout like they do because we were proven wrong. I mean, with a community this bad, it would be so easy to exploit and there is nothing better than loving over some autistic nerd who bought thousands upon thousands of dollars of ships and thinks that makes him untouchable or something. The rage alone would be worth the price of admission.

In the space of a week I've tried to explain to 3 people that their claims that "people who asked for refunds [ie: mostly goons] are permabanned" are ridiculous to no avail.

- How is this going to work? I'm a goon and I bought my account from another person.
- But you didn't ask for a refund.
- But if I did it anyone can, even goons that asked for refunds. Or they could just use a different credit card.
- But they would still be permabanned.
- How are they permabanned if they can still play.
- Only if CIG doesn't find out. They are still permabanned.

Motherfucker how is CIG going to find out? Are they going to send Ben over to check on me?

Then you look at their history and invariably they're the same people that argue endlessly that non-consensual PvP is not unlike rape but fortunately reputation and bounties and "death of a spaceman" will keep griefers in check. Then they segue into lengthy fantasies about someone that griefs them being relentlessly hunted down until they are finally cornered like rats and someone brings their body in for the bounty.

There is some serious :ohdear: these people are furiously suppressing within themselves, much more than the collapse of CIG I'm looking forward to meeting them in the 'Verse.

e: By the way, I'm starting to think that /r/dereksmart is some sort of hosed up "The Spaceman Who Was Thursday" and apart Gryphon and Karl the rest are all goons. I have much better karma there than in /r/starcitizen?! :wtf:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

In the space of a week I've tried to explain to 3 people that their claims that "people who asked for refunds [ie: mostly goons] are permabanned" are ridiculous to no avail.

- How is this going to work? I'm a goon and I bought my account from another person.
- But you didn't ask for a refund.
- But if I did it anyone can, even goons that asked for refunds. Or they could just use a different credit card.
- But they would still be permabanned.
- How are they permabanned if they can still play.
- Only if CIG doesn't find out. They are still permabanned.

Motherfucker how is CIG going to find out? Are they going to send Ben over to check on me?

Then you look at their history and invariably they're the same people that argue endlessly that non-consensual PvP is not unlike rape but fortunately reputation and bounties and "death of a spaceman" will keep griefers in check. Then they segue into lengthy fantasies about someone that griefs them being relentlessly hunted down until they are finally cornered like rats and someone brings their body in for the bounty.

There is some serious :ohdear: these people are furiously suppressing within themselves, much more than the collapse of CIG I'm looking forward to meeting them in the 'Verse.

e: By the way, I'm starting to think that /r/dereksmart is some sort of hosed up "The Spaceman Who Was Thursday" and apart Gryphon and Karl the rest are all goons. I have much better karma there than in /r/starcitizen?! :wtf:

Why would they be permabanned? I recall reading a refund message that said "if you wish to return you have to create a new account" or some such. In any case, no way in hell would CIG even consider declining new money.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why would they be permabanned? I recall reading a refund message that said "if you wish to return you have to create a new account" or some such. In any case, no way in hell would CIG even consider declining new money.

I even mentioned that goons that had asked for refunds got messages inviting them back when 2.0 came out and they argued "those are automatic, they would be rejected if they actually tried to get back". They just make poo poo up as they go along, it's really something to behold.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I think Derek is possibly the only person actually banned from the "game" as CIG didn't want his dirty money and I think he's still got access via three other accounts.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Gryphon0468 you should post more now. People can't laugh any harder at you here so I'd guess that's kinda of liberating for you, you don't need to worry about looking stupid anymore.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

DISCUSSION Would anyone think it would be cool having a simple "air duct" system? Think any action movie with people crawling through air vents. (self.starcitizen) submitted 43 minutes ago by aigroti
I had an idea that I thought could be cool would be a simple air duct. I guess it would function more like a crawlspace for repairing but it's purpose would be for boarding/stowing/fighting inside your spaceships.
Only the larger ships would feature these. They'd be a very simple tunnel and would basically only be there as a way to navigate between a few rooms.
I'm not thinking some huge maze that requires a complete overhaul of pre existing ships. Just a simple small tunnel that would go either under or over a couple of rooms. That's it.
Maybe you can control which room the tunnel links to if you're able to design/modularise your ship but I think that could cause all sorts of issues.
The main reason I thought of this would be as a lot of the ships are narrow and I'd like there to be a way for someone to get by others without having to go through only one path. Some ships already have multiple pathways which should make it easier but a lot are linear. Again I'd only imagine this sort of thing being implemented in larger ships such as the constellation or bigger.
Essentially if you hear people opening up your doors in your ship you could get into the crawlspace, hope they "run by you" as they head to a pilot seat giving you the small chance to crawl out the other end, quickly open a door and evacuate the ship without being caught. Some things like the toilet, in the constellation, currently sort of fulfilll this but I'd like something a little closer to an exit.
There'd be nothing stopping a pirate from crawling up there and shooting you but perhaps you're waiting up there with a pistol too. (although you wouldn't be able to turn around if they pick the other side). The game already currently has crawling animations so there wouldn't have to be any work on that end.
Perhaps the crawlspace may also have some basic wires you can "cut". Such as a blue wire cuts engine power, a red one cuts shields, a green one cuts weapons. Just in case the pirates want to play a waiting game on either end of the ship. Then it would all be ended when they just throw a grenade into the vent/crawlspace.

Air ducts... For people to crawl around in and conveniently bypass security... Just like in real life, so immersive. :worship:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

aleksendr posted:

Credits where credits due, they do have top notch (if very GPU hungry) graphic and model assets.

But then, 100M will get you a lot of pretty art in any field.

Oh absolutely. I don't think I've come across anyone who is going to knock the game's visual fidelity. In fact, it's their Archilles heel for a project of this scope.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I haven't been following the latest creep very much but we have confirmed this guy is wheelchair bound at least right?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
lol if anyone thinks that CIG will pass up the opportunity to take people's money for any reason.

Especially if it's an opportunity to recur a loss from someone who was previously refunded.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Is it just me being totally clueless about game engines, or am I right in thinking that the whole reason the game freaks out all the time is because at heart it's an FPS engine being strong armed into not being an FPS engine? And that's why ships just act like an FPS with /fly on?

I know we go over the whole "cryengine is a horrible choice!" thing all the time, but we never really discuss why, other than cryengine is garbage to start with.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Dapper Dan posted:

Well, first ships in Star Citizen would need fuel. But all I can imagine people doing is faking Space 911 calls and just murdering the ever-living gently caress out of the ambulance for shits and giggles. Or just making a Space 911 call from the farthest, most off the beaten path place so people will think 'Wow, this is expensive, I'll make some money!' so they go all the way out there and they find someone just pranked them.

thank you.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Things a cultist would say about a videogame"

Not a fan, but I love this game to death

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Had to be a dream - Chris doesn't know enough about the game to show it to anyone.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Rudager posted:

so is that the rest of your mobile number?

For your benefit I hope not.

Australian mobile phone numbers are 10 digits long starting with 04, so the numbers in his username combined with those 6 digits could be a legit phone number

based on shakespearean sperg theorem this could be his number

- first 4 digit as per him: 0468
- amount he spent: 2586.50

0468 - 258650

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Even in this thread a whale can get no release from non consensual PvP.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Running sucks. PvP element stinks. Not having to eat to keep playing blows. Love this alpha version 2 tho.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Scruffpuff posted:

Had to be a dream - Chris doesn't know enough about the game to show it to anyone.

:thurman:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gryphon0468 posted:

Sorrynotsorry I don't play your game :(

If there's one thing a citizen is used to it's not playing a game. :confuoot:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Even in this thread a whale can get no release from non consensual PvP.

PvP= Paaaaarrrp vs Paaaaarrrp

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EminusSleepus posted:

based on shakespearean sperg theorem this could be his number

- first 4 digit as per him: 0468
- amount he spent: 2586.50

0468 - 258650

does anything in this shitfest cost loving $.50? or even $X.50?

dude is just lonely plz give him a call

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Xaerael posted:

Is it just me being totally clueless about game engines, or am I right in thinking that the whole reason the game freaks out all the time is because at heart it's an FPS engine being strong armed into not being an FPS engine? And that's why ships just act like an FPS with /fly on?

I know we go over the whole "cryengine is a horrible choice!" thing all the time, but we never really discuss why, other than cryengine is garbage to start with.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I taught myself physics and it is actually a very realistic model. I could list all of the formulas so that you could educate yourself but I will just leave you with this one.

E=mc^2

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

does anything in this shitfest cost loving $.50? or even $X.50?

dude is just lonely plz give him a call

Yes the made in China merchandise

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Uh oh, somebody is discussing moderation. Clear rule violation there.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6160021/#Comment_6160021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Photosyphilis posted:

Can someone direct me to some highlights?

Gryphon makes 500 shitposts pretending he's not a typical sperglord star shitizen, meanwhile every post he's ever made on every other site proves he is exactly a typical sperglord star shitizen.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ydti7/space_hobos_are_fun_and_all/

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Wait, this is an alpha test and there are people who can't fly because they didn't buy the right ship? Or do these people just don't and misunderstanding that they are just being griefed.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
looking at it again it's probably some dumb joke.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen, looking at it again it's probably some dumb joke.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I won't lie, I'd play a game about Space Hobos.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gawain The Blind posted:

Kickstartception

"i play alot and am not greedy i will share and let others fly. sign up at lethalitygaming.com and download voice comms teamspeak3 to chat with others in community"

OK, these chucklefucks have reached a much higher plane of existence than previously thought possible.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR posted:

The carest of all bears.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6137140/#Comment_6137140

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gryphon0468 posted:

Sorrynotsorry I don't play your game :(

As a Star Citizen backer you're used to not playing games. :v:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Star Citizen: I will feel grief

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Dapper Dan posted:

Well, first ships in Star Citizen would need fuel. But all I can imagine people doing is faking Space 911 calls and just murdering the ever-living gently caress out of the ambulance for shits and giggles. Or just making a Space 911 call from the farthest, most off the beaten path place so people will think 'Wow, this is expensive, I'll make some money!' so they go all the way out there and they find someone just pranked them.

It is going to be the biggest waste of time and then you are going to get angry forum posts by people who spent hundreds on a useless space ambulance that no uses Space 911 seriously.

Space 911 sounds pretty fun to be honest.

Wait, I think I read that wrong.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hey croberts, we all know you read this every day and slam your fist on your desk every time we point out you're operation is a scam, but in the festive spirit, with all this talk about emergency services and such, here's an idea you can steal to go along with all your other stolen ideas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Q3tFK_xEU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Decrepus posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I taught myself physics and it is actually a very realistic model. I could list all of the formulas so that you could educate yourself but I will just leave you with this one.

E=mc^2

That's all well and good, but F'v=(F1+F2-t/n F1 F2)/(1-t/n F1)

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

The Kins posted:

I'm not sure how it works in CryEngine, but in the engines I've seen and used (mostly Source), it typically happens when the code tells the model to use an animation or state that doesn't exist, whether due to a typo or some other code bug. I'm sure some actual game developer can elaborate.

Not a game dev, but the T-pose is how the model is modeled and if it snaps back to that it means the entire animation skeleton has completely hosed up and failed/stopped being attached/unloaded/whatever and the player model is basically now just a static prop.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I didn't believe that was a real show until I googled it. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

I didn't believe that was a real show until I googled it. Holy poo poo.

Still better than crobert's magnum opus.

• Locked thread