Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR posted:

Also note he mentions 1000 hours to get a Constellation at triple the current price. That makes the game income €270*3/1000 = €0.80/hour.

It's the last resort of the whale, if the griefers can't get ships then he'll be able to show them who's boss.
This is what that earning rate poll is looking like now.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/309546/how-qucikly-should-we-be-able-to-acquire-ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Why yes I want to play for 1000 hours to fly the Spergmaster 2000

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dude, I don't even look at a poll until there's at least 50 votes on it. Call back when they've crossed at least a hundred votes, or better two hundred. CIG would be extra-retarded, instead of just normal-retarded, if they'd ever do something on the basis of a joke poll like that.

Take that other poll with 300+ votes for example, that's far more relevant for discussion.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
CIG is Frugal.
P2W is Donations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Chalks posted:

Hahahahaha

Did CIG just stumble onto the pay to win landmine that they've been dancing around for this entire farcical crowd funding effort?

A rather touchy subject that people have been far too thick to grasp up until this point. Surely the beloved CIG would never do something so greedy as to sell space ships after the game has been released!
Some Star Citizen thoughts on the matter:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6163917/#Comment_6163917

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6163936/#Comment_6163936

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6164012/#Comment_6164012

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
Correct me if I'm wrong but SC economy hasn't been established beyond a dollar sign drawn in crayon on a napkin. Where do the spergs get their ideas about what money they can make in this movie?

e; VVV yeah I should've guessed that answer

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 28, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dreams.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

these fucktards spergs should realized by now that when CIG states they will not do X because of Y that it really means Z is the reason why we are doing X now and Y is irrelevant due to backer population.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but SC economy hasn't been established beyond a dollar sign drawn in crayon on a napkin. Where do the spergs get their ideas about what money they can make in this movie?

nope from the last video they have 1 up now. they are playing tabletop to simulate the economy

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Libluini posted:

Dude, I don't even look at a poll until there's at least 50 votes on it. Call back when they've crossed at least a hundred votes, or better two hundred. CIG would be extra-retarded, instead of just normal-retarded, if they'd ever do something on the basis of a joke poll like that.

Take that other poll with 300+ votes for example, that's far more relevant for discussion.
Yeah, the sample size is small and could certainly be better in statistical relevance. On the other hand, the last time I waited for an interesting poll to increase in sample size, the thread was exiled to the Concern forum and the poll excised.

Mirificus posted:

Someone put up a poll asking how large players expected battles to be in Star Citizen. This is what ended up happening to it.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6153265/#Comment_6153265

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

EminusSleepus posted:

nope from the last video they have 1 up now. they are playing tabletop to simulate the economy

which of the latest vids is that from, around the taint or 10 for the messiah?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Amazing Zimmo posted:

which of the latest vids is that from, around the taint or 10 for the messiah?

It was very long time ago maybe more than a year? but they are showing some tabletop game to simulate the economy, couple that with some drunk players coz the spergs are always giving them burbon. then you can expect to have an economy based on tabletop designed by drunk devs which every country's economy should be modeled to.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Team Dyno has been online for 33 minutes!!! This is the most epic finale ever! How do they stay on so long without losing connec--

and the game has crashed. 34 minutes! Who can play at this incredible level

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
More fitting song titles to describe star citizen.

Radiohead: Million dollar question

Radiohead : how I made my millions

Radiohead: No surprises

Radiohead : Hail to the thief

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Team Rico has spawned a constellation... heading to the landing platform... AND HE'S CLIPPED THROUGH THE FLOOR!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT

oh god, there's RoboFett, moving in, DOESNT CLIP HES IN THE PILOT SEAT AND CRASHES THE CONNIE INTO THE LANDING DOCK

TEAM ROBO WINS TEAM ROBO WINS

lol star citizen esports

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

these gullible spergs are still not over with BettysBigTits love story lol

time to move on spergs

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Madcosby posted:

Looks like Team Rico has spawned a constellation... heading to the landing platform... AND HE'S CLIPPED THROUGH THE FLOOR!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT

oh god, there's RoboFett, moving in, DOESNT CLIP HES IN THE PILOT SEAT AND CRASHES THE CONNIE INTO THE LANDING DOCK

lol star citizen esports

Sounds more challenging than Hearthstone with the same amount of RNG. Esport confirmed!

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

More fitting song titles to describe star citizen.

Radiohead: Million dollar question

Radiohead : how I made my millions

Radiohead: No surprises

Radiohead : Hail to the thief

:master:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That billion dollar pie, that nobody besides Valve, Riot and Blizzard ever has seen? Thats done as advertisment and not actually paying them any money?

Not to mention that nothing in SC is even close to being eSports, neither ingame (lol) or in Chris' coke induced feverdreams.

Madcosby posted:

lol star citizen esports

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

AP posted:

They've already said they want esports a couple of times.

I can see it now. Inane commentators talking about the subtleties of exploiting EVA physics to get into the captain's chair of the biggest ship available before anyone else. Truly a riveting experience for the audience.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Muse : Shitizen erased

Muse : (white) knights of Cydonia

Muse : (Chris Roberts has got) space dementia

Zutons : tired of hanging around (waiting for this game to implode spectacularly)

The darkness : permission to land (without spinning around in my spaceship)

Mogwai, motherfuckers.

Thank you, space expert (Derek Smart):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lTYxUauUs

I Love You, I'm Going to Blow Up Your School Idris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8J5SSn8DA

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I wonder when they'll realize the defense of "you're not buying a ship, you're donating and getting a ship for it" is pure semantic sophistry.

As soon as CiG tries to sell a "5 more hours of cutscenes" pack and nobody buys it because they don't get a pretend thing.

This may also cause the inevitable storm of people protesting they want to make their own story, not be forced down the Roberts story vision.

If SQ42 offers in game bonuses for the PU, people will flip over that too since they want their magical super character to be special.

Outside of the technical impossibilities of the game, it will be a social explosion of rage before any of it comes to fruition, assuming they make it that far.

CiG just need to stop development entirely so they can continue to sell dreams. They're going to smash the piggy bank with progress.

Ultimately though, the CiG gravy train will eventually tip the scales, and everybody backing them today will be holding matches and gasoline tomorrow.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

xiansi posted:

Mogwai, motherfuckers.

Thank you, space expert (Derek Smart):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lTYxUauUs

I Love You, I'm Going to Blow Up Your School Idris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8J5SSn8DA

HA! I love it! When this game bombs how many of the backers do you think will come to SA with a realisation that they were wrong all along?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rodney-CK posted:

As soon as CiG tries to sell a "5 more hours of cutscenes" pack and nobody buys it because they don't get a pretend thing.

This may also cause the inevitable storm of people protesting they want to make their own story, not be forced down the Roberts story vision.

If SQ42 offers in game bonuses for the PU, people will flip over that too since they want their magical super character to be special.

Outside of the technical impossibilities of the game, it will be a social explosion of rage before any of it comes to fruition, assuming they make it that far.

CiG just need to stop development entirely so they can continue to sell dreams. They're going to smash the piggy bank with progress.

Ultimately though, the CiG gravy train will eventually tip the scales, and everybody backing them today will be holding matches and gasoline tomorrow.

It will be beautiful :allears:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Still the perfect Croberts theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XInzIt6Dkg

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HA! I love it! When this game bombs how many of the backers do you think will come to SA with a realisation that they were wrong all along?

None, are you nuts? That's not how this works.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How far into the campaign does Gary Oldmans die and Sandi's character takes over.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

gary oldman was sandi all along

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Madcosby posted:

lol star citizen esports

Of course, that's not the only potential star citizen e-sport

"Our first semi-finals match is between CommanderSparks and WulfStarKing! CommanderSpark's mastery of the basics has gotten him this far, but how he fare against Wulf's unorthodox strategies that have been dazzling the crowd all night? Our contestants are ready to begin, so lets find out!"

"And they're off! They've logged into their accounts, navigated to the store, and now comes the first hard decision of the match; what will they buy?"

"Commander is purchasing... I think... yes! A war pack! Just big enough to be exiting, but not really a unique choice. Still, this approach is tried and true to say the least, but will it stay that way? Meanwhile, what's Wulf doing? What's this? He's buying constellation after constellation! Look at him go! Just what is he thinking? Wow folks, they're neck and neck, just what you would expect from experienced pros. Now comes the real battle where we'll see who wins."

"They're navigating over to Reddit where they'll defend their purchase against an imaginary critic. Winner will be determined by circlejerking and upvotes! Both Wulf and Commander have done extremely well so far, but their audience is fickle and all that can change in a moment"

"They're beginning. Commander's opening is pretty standard here, but very well written. First, he's thanking Roberts for creating such a wonderful game, and now he's going on to explain how he's been saving up his disability benefits for months to make this purchase. It pulls at the heartstrings. Now he's moving on to angrily decry naysayers who continue to mock the game in spite of the release of 2.0. Again, all very standard, but every ingredient of a successful post is there folks. Aaand, he's done!"

"Wulf is still working on his, which is going to lose him a few points, but lets see what he's done. Wow! First, he's stating how he's planning on gifting star citizen to all his friends and family for Christmas! That's what they really love to see over there, efforts to bring more into the fold. Now where he explains the money and... oh wow, his wife's savings. That is impressive dedication, the willingness to destroy someone else's life and potentially his own marriage. This could very easily backfire on him amongst the less passionate fans, but the true believers will be moved. WIll this gambit pay off? We'll see... Now he's ending it by calling Derek Smart a cocksucker over and over again. No explanation, no rationale, just pure unbridled hatred. drat, he really is trying to appeal to the most dedicated fans here. And his post is up... now all that's left is to tally the votes!"

"Aaaaand... Wulf wins by the skin of his teeth! His prize? A 100 dollar store credit! He will go on to the finals where he will compete against SexyBlondeMILF for the grand prize: a grossly-underpaid Asian who will crew his ships and call him 'Captain'!"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Decrepus posted:

How far into the campaign does Gary Oldmans die and Sandi's character takes over.

He doesn't even finish the speech. He has a heart attack and Sandi steps in and "acts".

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:perfect:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Cig can't hide their true intentions
as the backers give away their pensions
jealousy,hypocrisy
"any day now just wait and see."

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Nobody ever realises they were 'wrong all along'. They will just blame Smart, or the media, or evil publishers, or something.

If by some miracle the game doesn't bomb, then SA denizens who got refunded will buy back in and make 'em wish it had.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

None, are you nuts? That's not how this works.

Ahh who am I kidding, you're right, I say we put sentry guns outside the forum to catch any stragglers, gently caress em.White flags don't mean poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Amazing Zimmo posted:

gary oldman was sandi all along

The Admiral is mortally wounded and the only way to save him is to transfer his consciousness to Sandi's body. From then on she speaks with his voice and with the backdrop of the Vanduul invasion you the protagonist have to deal with your feelings about dating an old man living in the body of the woman you loved.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 28, 2015

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I was really hoping for something huge to happen before new years so we could pass the 1000 page mark, but it looks like Star Citizen is going to disappoint once more.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we could do it, if we really believed

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Gawain The Blind posted:

Kickstartception

"i play alot and am not greedy i will share and let others fly. sign up at lethalitygaming.com and download voice comms teamspeak3 to chat with others in community"

Sadly that is not new. There was a number of people that sold "shares" in larger ships (that they didn't own yet), in order to "group" own a ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

1500 posted:

Sadly that is not new. There was a number of people that sold "shares" in larger ships (that they didn't own yet), in order to "group" own a ship.

It's just like a car pool but with non existent cars and complete loving idiots

• Locked thread