Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You got me. As scum I was in a cushy position all game and all I had to do was see which town member the wind was blowing to in mylo and instead I decided to throw away my entire advantage by not only revealing the existence of a poisoner, but also fabricate a whole series of events that led back to Day 1 and put all eyes on me because ??? profit. That's way more likely than "I should reveal everything I know because it doesn't do me any good to bring it to my death."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good find epsilon

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's the incredulous smiley? That.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Do we feel like doing a full roleclaim so that we can put a nail in this loving coffin and win?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

(##vote Met)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

imgay posted:

Good find epsilon

I dunno if this is sarcastic or not but this is exactly how I got Mills in my first ever mafia game soooo

feels good

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, I mean you did get a full confession out of met

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

Do we feel like doing a full roleclaim so that we can put a nail in this loving coffin and win?

Win? You think the game is over after one lynch? It's mylo with two scum. Only scum will guarantee win with a single lynch at this point.

Slip?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Where's birdstrike and vienna today? I haven't heard much from either of them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I had a long drive into the country but o am here to say knock it off with the tunnelling Epsilon, even if you're right it isn't fun.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

Win? You think the game is over after one lynch? It's mylo with two scum. Only scum will guarantee win with a single lynch at this point.

Slip?

I'm just pretty dang confident that we can win once you're out!

(it is because you are my scumbuddy ;))

Birdstrike posted:

I had a long drive into the country but o am here to say knock it off with the tunnelling Epsilon, even if you're right it isn't fun.

Okay yeah you're right I guess.

Met: if I was scum, who would my scumbuddy be? (other than you)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

the :10bux: question: who is the roleblocker?

Somehow I missed this: what makes you assume there's a roleblocker?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm just pretty dang confident that we can win once you're out!

(it is because you are my scumbuddy ;))

Okay yeah you're right I guess.

Met: if I was scum, who would my scumbuddy be? (other than you)

My vote is on imgay, boss.

How did you SOMEHOW miss the roleblocker comment? Because you already knew there was a roleblocker and it didn't phase you on first read? The slip, the tunneling in mylo...

Still though, I'm good with a no-lynch to extend the game as much as possible. I just want these little slips to be clear when I've been cleared via flip.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Met said voting 3p was bad and is currently voting one. Also no lynching would also endgame town since there is only one more town than scum right now unless they target me at night

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

How did you SOMEHOW miss the roleblocker comment? Because you already knew there was a roleblocker and it didn't phase you on first read? The slip, the tunneling in mylo...

:rolleyes: Or maybe I read his comment while setting up a new Wii U and was more focused on my housemates screaming "WII U WII U WII U" like a bunch of whacked-out sirens?

You're OK no-lynching in mylo because it'll make it much easier for you and your scumbuddy to seize the win in lylo.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Epsilon Plus posted:

Somehow I missed this: what makes you assume there's a roleblocker?

I tried to hit DHD on N1 but didn't, and he didn't flip commuter or hider or some other explanation for it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal - doctor (?)
Met - poisoner (?)
imgay - survivor (?)
Birdstrike - two-shot day/night vig (?)
spacing - (roleblocker maybe?)
me - TOP SECRET

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The roleblocker would have to be one of Hal, imgay or spacing and I think imgay or spacing are more likely to be scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why am I even likely? I haven't been counter claimed and town hasn't lost yet

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

:rolleyes: Or maybe I read his comment while setting up a new Wii U and was more focused on my housemates screaming "WII U WII U WII U" like a bunch of whacked-out sirens?

You're OK no-lynching in mylo because it'll make it much easier for you and your scumbuddy to seize the win in lylo.

It really comes down to either risking it all in mylo or risking it all in lylo. I think Town has a better chance in the latter because we can get some more ability usage off. We have two people who haven't claimed anything and one or two doctor types.

I was actually thinking about it this morning. I think two different types of Doctors can work in a small game. Imagine one of the Mafia is a non-traditional poisoner and instead of being x-shot, he just poisons instead of Mafia kills. The Doctor can't protect against it but the Poison Doctor can. Vice versa if they have someone else, say the Vanilla Mafia that flipped, doing the kills instead of the poisoner. I don't think it's that far-fetch'd as opposed to the "Mafia always do poison" that I've been assuming for a couple game days now. This would explain a little of the imbalance I'm seeing in the flips and reveals.

Town
-Bulletproof
-Multi Vig (One use day, one use night)
-Tracker
-Miller
-Bullet Doctor
-Poison Doctor
-Vanilla
-Vanilla
-Vanilla

Mafia
-Vanilla
-Poisoner
-Roleblocker(?)

Neutral Survivor(?)

It would lead to an interesting choice for the Mafia to either poison or kill and then they can switch over to the other kill type if they knock out a doctor. Or maybe a poisoner or vanilla get knocked out early and they are forced to kill a single way and one of the Doctors becomes useless... except as a vig disruptor, hence the multi vig to take advantage of that.

We're just seeing a huge difference in strength between the two sides and that's my best guess. But I guess that's setup speculation and setup speculation is bad especially if town is trying to be an informed majority. :rolleyes:

As for imgay, I don't know what to make of the Survivor claim really. If it's true I'm making a mistake but I think I'd go with my instinct rather than go by his word since there's no way to test it without another tracker. It's not like a neutral would counter-claim at this point because it wouldn't do them any good to be nightkilled or lynched especially if their win condition is anti-town (PLEASE OH PLEASE LET IT BE AN ARSONIST, that'd be cool)

Epsilon Plus is actually probably the better target for all the reasons stated in my past few posts (##vote Epsilon Plus) and I think when we're in mylo full claiming from him (as well as the others who haven't) is the way to go so we can make the best use of everyone puzzling out everyone's claims against their own knowledge from their ability usages.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'll full claim if other people do.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'll full claim if other people do.

You're like one of two who haven't?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean as a survivor at this point I think its better for me to claim since its detrimental for town to lynch me and its detrimental for scum to kill me at this threshold.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yep! I'd really like spacing in vienna to claim before I do, although if they don't I may well claim before deadline.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

imgay posted:

I mean as a survivor at this point I think its better for me to claim since its detrimental for town to lynch me and its detrimental for scum to kill me at this threshold.

If it helps, you're in my top two so I guess I'm terrible no matter what?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Doesn't the presence of a miller indicate the presence of some kind of cop?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

Plausibly! That's why I really want to see what spacing is - I want that sweet sweet cop info (cinfo).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Birdstrike posted:

I thought that's what it meant by "Tracking Miller". A miller specifically for trackers.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I have been asking questions and people are ignoring them (or they are getting lost in the fray). Epsilon. You threw suspicion at Met because he breadcrumbed his role -- why?

Hal, why was/am I your top scum pick?

I'm not convinced by Met's "confession" being damning -- the last time I thought a meltdown was flailing scum, it was frustrated townie instead, and we lost the game.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am still going to go over post histories because that's still what matters, but even if you believe Met's claim that doesn't clear him as town. Also survivor with no other powers is pretty rough in a game with as many kills as we seem to have here so imgay's claim is very suspect to me.

I agree with both of these points.

Birdstrike posted:

the :10bux: question: who is the roleblocker?

Can anyone else confirm being roleblocked? I've only seen it mentioned by you. Scum might have a JOAT instead of a roleblocker, maybe?

No one else has claimed your night vig, and your day vig was out in public, and I can't believe the scum team would get that many extra killing powers, so you're either town or SK, and I doubt we have a survivor and and SK, so you're my strongest town read right now.

Epsilon Plus posted:

You are incredibly defensive for someone with one vote on him.

I don't like this post because this is mylo, and everyone knows that. Throwing votes around is dangerous right now. Two votes on the wrong person will let scum hop on and end the day, and Epsilon is acting like being upset at one vote is somehow outlandish.

Met posted:

Where's birdstrike and vienna today? I haven't heard much from either of them.

Dealing with holiday wrap-up and going back to work. I'm dead in my other games, and I'm here until deadline tonight.

imgay posted:

Met said voting 3p was bad and is currently voting one. Also no lynching would also endgame town since there is only one more town than scum right now unless they target me at night

Hang on. If we're right about 2 scum 3 town 1 survivor, then why does no-lynching end the game? Someone dies overnight and we start with 5, 2 scum 2 town 1 survivor -- does that mean town automatically loses? Survivor and town could still lynch one of the scum, couldn't they?

imgay posted:

Why am I even likely? I haven't been counter claimed and town hasn't lost yet

You could be very ballsy scum, declaring yourself 3p and thus too dangerous to lynch.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yep! I'd really like spacing in vienna to claim before I do, although if they don't I may well claim before deadline.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Plausibly! That's why I really want to see what spacing is - I want that sweet sweet cop info (cinfo).

I don't have anything to claim -- I'm vanilla. I don't know why I had to go first for that, though.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just tell it like it is. its the truth get used to it

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im pretty sure met is scum, but like i said earlier, if both scum have the balls to announce themselves I'll vote with them. otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'm voting met today

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

spacing in vienna posted:

I have been asking questions and people are ignoring them (or they are getting lost in the fray). Epsilon. You threw suspicion at Met because he breadcrumbed his role -- why?

I don't like this post because this is mylo, and everyone knows that. Throwing votes around is dangerous right now. Two votes on the wrong person will let scum hop on and end the day, and Epsilon is acting like being upset at one vote is somehow outlandish.

I don't have anything to claim -- I'm vanilla. I don't know why I had to go first for that, though.

Breadcrumbing is a no-effort way for scum to say "no, see, I didn't just make up this claim - I said I was a doctor day 1!" I think it's crappy play whether you're telling the truth or not.

Your last two statements will be covered by this: I wanted you to claim first because I don't know if you're scum or not and I wouldn't want scum to try to counterclaim me! I'm a rolecop. Hiipfire got a doublevig result for Birdstrike N1 and didn't investigate N2 (I didn't get to make an investigation N2 because I started on D3 - that's why I was so salty about Hiipfire earlier). Met showed up as a poisoner for my N3 investigation. That's why I crawled up his rear end so suddenly.

Now can we lunch Met?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm reasonably convinced Met and Epsilon aren't of the same alignment. Also fairly sure the person who blocked me n1 is scum at this point. But who!?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm town and if Met is a town poisoner I'll poo poo my pants in confusion.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm town and if Met is a town poisoner I'll poo poo my pants in confusion.

...I'm not? Where are you getting this from?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Birdstrike posted:

I'm reasonably convinced Met and Epsilon aren't of the same alignment.[/i]

Me too!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm bored of waiting for people
##vote met

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

imgay posted:

im pretty sure met is scum, but like i said earlier, if both scum have the balls to announce themselves I'll vote with them.

I and some random can claim scum and you can vote for Epsilon. However I think no-lynch is the way to go. But I realize it doesn't matter to someone who claims to be Survivor.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

...I'm not? Where are you getting this from?

The fact that I rolecopped you? Call me a liar right out if you're going to fight it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

Your last two statements will be covered by this: I wanted you to claim first because I don't know if you're scum or not and I wouldn't want scum to try to counterclaim me! I'm a rolecop. Hiipfire got a doublevig result for Birdstrike N1 and didn't investigate N2 (I didn't get to make an investigation N2 because I started on D3 - that's why I was so salty about Hiipfire earlier). Met showed up as a poisoner for my N3 investigation. That's why I crawled up his rear end so suddenly.

What? What kind of broken setup has a Poisoner/Roleblocker/Vanilla vs a Cop/Tracker/Doctor/Multi-Vig/BP/Tracker-Miller/Vanilla/Vanilla/Vanilla?

That's insane what you're claiming.

• Locked thread