Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Who What Now posted:

Sorry, I didn't see that.

Edit:

Is Operate [Voidcraft] worth having? I had thought it covered operating anything in space, but Aeronautica covers things like landers or dropsbips. Voidcraft are the warp-capable freighters or other ships.

If you think we're ever going to have the opportunity to fly a cruiser or other capital ship, sure. Then again, this isn't Rogue Trader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Werix posted:

If you think we're ever going to have the opportunity to fly a cruiser or other capital ship, sure. Then again, this isn't Rogue Trader.

Yeah, maybe less voidcraft and more in-atmosphere flyers could potentially be useful.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, since Deathsandwhich started the making multiple apps thing, I figured i would chime in. Melee or not, we've enough desperadoes to kill everything, so here is an actual, honest to the Emperor, non-combatant seeker. COnsider this my primary app, and my previous assassin as someone to fill a void for melee combatants if that void remains open.

Former Detective third grade Jacob Lexington

When people think arbites, they think carapace clad enforcers with shotguns and bad demeanors cracking skulls. While that is an accurate description of many arbites, that isn't all of them. While all arbites have detective skills, a small number of them are actually trained from a young age to specifically be Arbites Detectives. These are the men and women who devote their time not in learning the best way to hit someone to get compliance, but how to follow down leads, think through vast criminal plots, and in general, being the one telling the front line arbites which doors to kick down.

Jacob Lexington was no different. While every bit as physically imposing as his fellows, from a young age in the Schola he had always exceeded at academic tests. Not only that, but he had a nack for sussing out the fine details in things. He was constantly picked on for being a narc. It wasn't that Jacob was some IAB squealer, he was just adept at figuring out who was sneaking extra rations at night and all the other misdeeds that children in the schola do.

He graduated with honors at the top of his class, and was assigned to Desoleum as a Junior detective. He quickly excelled and was promoted to a full detective first grade. He had gotten quite a few collars under his helmet, and even found a wife among the Administratum staff assigned to the Arbites Judicial Block. So called "White Collar" crime was Jacob's corpse starch ration and butter like topping, where he investigated quite a few fraud, embezzlement, and organized crime cases. He quickly found himself promoted to Detective Third Grade, which is where the troubles began.

Third Grade Detectives are expected to handle some of the most major of cases, political corruption, assassinations, minor cultists, suspected but not confirmed witches, and any other manner of horrible thing that does not quite rise to the level of Inquisitorial interest. Jacob's downfall occurred when investigating a Noble who was allegedly running a human trafficking network. Having contact with the victims during interviews deeply scarred Jacob. He he finally tracked down the noble there was a footchase among the spires. Official reports are that the noble slipped and fell; however, some of the noble's family contended that Jacob pushed the noble, instead of apprehending him. Only the noble and Jacob knew, and Jacob maintained the official story was accurate.

Nonetheless, political pressure resulted in Jacob's suspension pending investigation. Jacob was ultimately cleared, but the damage was done. His wife left him during the nearly four month suspension, and even when he was cleared, the rumors about Jacob never died down. He didn't last a year and a half after the suspension. Between a new nasty angry streak, and a "get them at all costs" approach, including outright breaking of the rules, He was finally terminated from his position. He tried scraping by as a private detective for some time, but that barely helped. Eventually a woman professing to represent an Inquisitor made her way into his small dingy office. Apparently one of his former investigations led to the uncovering a a Khorne Murder Cult on world, and the Inquisitor had become enamored by the Detective's case work. And So Jacob was back at it again, this time with the Inquisition. Thankfully they don't have any problems with tempers, nor someone who breaks the rules.

pre:
Name: Jacob Lexington
Homeworld: Hiveworld
Background: Arbites
Role: Seeker
Wounds: 8+1d5
Fate Threshold: 2 (Emperor's Blessing 6+)

WS:  30 (25+5
BS:  30 (25+5
S:   30 (25+5
T:   30 (25+5
Ag:  30 (30
Int: 35 (25+10
Per: 45 (30+10+5
WP:  30 (20+10
Fel: 40 (25+10+5

Influence 25 (25

Skills:
Awareness
Deceive
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Underworld)
Interrogation
Intimidate
Inquiry
Scrutiny

Aptitudes:
Perception
Defense
Fellowship
intelligence
Willpower (perception twice)
social 
Tech

Talents:
Weapon Training (shock)
Keen intuition
clues from the crowd

Traits:
Homeworld: Crowds are open terrain, +20 navigate surface when indoors
Background: re-roll any interrogation and intimidate test, substitute Willpower for DoS
Role: fatepoint to automatically succeed awareness or inquiry with DoS equal to perception

Equipment:
Shock Maul
Carapace chestplate
3 doses of stimm
manacles
12 lho sticks

Acquisitions:
Auspex
Multikey

Exp
1000/1000
Inquiry trained 100
Perception simple 250
Fellowship simple 100
Intelligence simple 250
Deceive simple 100
clues from the crowd 200

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dame Lucia Dolores Bernadette Makenziesdottir-Delgado

No one could doubt the superiority of noble blood, especially when there was so much of it spread across the room. Lucia had finally managed to loose her inheritance defending her family's honor, after a set of identical triplets from a rival dynasty suggested her height and temperament was a product of her mother's liaison with an ogryn bodyguard. It was less the response and more the means, as chainblade in hand, and in full view of the court, Lucia made sure the trio respectively would hear no evil, see no evil, nor speak it ever again without some serious cybernetic work. Things were not improved when, following the subsequent challenge to a duel, her choice of small arms involved spraying the vicinity with a machine pistol before charging in and eviscerating her cowering opponent as he hid behind the corpse of his second (and third, and some people unlucky enough to be in the general area).

All this hot on the heels of her being widowed twice in the past year and a half (both husbands experiencing mysterious hunting accidents) sealed the deal and she was informed she was to seek her fortune elsewhere. The galaxy beckoned, and a few ports of call later Lucia found lucrative work as the person of contact for several private naval officers and their port side dealings. With her quick wits and quicker blade, things devolved into violence only most of the time.

However, luck and chutzpah can only be relied on for so long. It turns out the classic reverse-lateral to the femoral artery is less effective when the target in question is a 2 and a half meter slab of vat grown assassin swimming in synthetic adrenaline. He leisurely palmed her skull and jammed his thumb into her eye socket and began rooting around for grey matter before his body caught up with him and reminded him he was dead. Inquisitorial agents, investigating rumors of xenos-derived combat drugs pouring into the system, thought it as good an audition as any. It turns out the Inquisition has plenty of room for people versed in courtly etiquette while also continuing to function with chunks of their face missing.

pre:
Height: Towering
Eyes: x 1
Homeworld: Highborn
Background: Outcast
Role: Warrior
Aptitudes: Fellowship,Social,Ballistic Skill, Defence, Offence, Strength, Weapon Skill

Characteristics:
WS:  40=25+10+5exp
BS:  25=25+0
STR: 40=25+10+5exp
TOU: 30=20+10
AGI: 40=25+15
INT: 30=25+5
WIL: 30=25+5
PER: 22=25+0-3 Divination
FEL: 40=30+5+5exp
INF: 30=30+0

Wounds: 12 
Fate: 4 (Threshold 10+)
IP: 0
CP: 0

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Charm
Common Lore (Underworld)
Deceive
Dodge
Inquiry
Intimidate
Parry
Stealth

Talents:
Ambidexterity
Weapon Training (Solid Projectile,Chain)
Iron Jaw

Traits:
Breeding Counts: Any time a highborn character would reduce his Influence, he reduces it by 
1 less(to a minimum reduction of 1).
Never Quit: An Outcast character counts his Toughness bonus as two higher for purposes of 
determining Fatigue
Expert at Violence: In addition to the normal uses of Fate points, after making a successful
attack test, but before determining hits,a Warrior character may spend a Fate point to substitute 
his Weapon Skill (for melee) or Ballistic Skill (for ranged) bonus for the degrees of success scored
on the attack test
Divination: Ignorance is a wisdom of its own: Reduce this character's Perception 
characteristic by 3. The first time he would gain 1 or more Insanity points each session, he reduces
that amount by 1 (to a minimum of 0) instead.

Gear:
Autopistol
Chainsword
Armoured bodyglove
Injector 
2 doses of slaught

Acquisitions:
Combat Webbing
Guard Flak
Rebreather

Advances: 1000/1000

+5 Fel 100
+5 WS  100
+5 STR 100
Charm  100
athletics 100
intimidate 100
ambidex 200
inquiry 100
parry 100

Rolls:
Fate
Diviniation
Wounds

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 24, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Space Luther and Giant Swordswoman look good - Ronwayne, can you flag your acquisitions like the others have?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Werix posted:

Okay, since Deathsandwhich started the making multiple apps thing, I figured i would chime in. Melee or not, we've enough desperadoes to kill everything, so here is an actual, honest to the Emperor, non-combatant seeker. COnsider this my primary app, and my previous assassin as someone to fill a void for melee combatants if that void remains open.

Space Murtaugh to my Riggs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zjjzh1JGiU

Edit: Found a better video

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 26, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

okay, marked. The flak seemed like a good choice for dying less and the combat vest is a necessity when you use two weapons but no quickdraw. The rebreather seems like a thing to get for a water planet.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Werix posted:

Former Detective third grade Jacob Lexington

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Possibly relevant

quote:

This is from a ways back but I want to make sure that we notice that there are not two or three but five different types of flamethrowers, all of which are standard issue for a paramilitary underwater police force.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I mean. I would have no objection playing SEA PATROL and flamethrowing hippies from my own personal backpack helicopter.

When do I get my standard issue baseball bat?

Edit: I updated my character sheet. I wasn't paying attention to the Ambidextrous talent and calclulated it as a 2 aptitude talent rather than the 1 it is. I've had to scratch the agility advance off my sheet to compensate.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 28, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

interesting quirk of ambidextrous, rules-as-written for DH2e - its only mechanical benefit now is reducing the penalty when making two attacks at once, indicating all acolytes can now happily blaze away or chop away or generally do w/e they like with either hand, so long as they're not trying to do more than one thing at once. admittedly i can't imagine many people actually played with the "-20 to attacks from your off-hand" rule irl

anyway you little schweens here's the current state of people expressing interest and their characters. i'm doing this for me so you may as well see as well:

LGD - no character concept, no bio, no charsheet
Leperflesh - "face", full bio, no charsheet :rolldice:
Kaiju Cage Match - cowboy, semi-bio, semi-charsheet
Who What Now - technosperg with skull, full bio, full charsheet :rolldice:
Goodness - no character concept, no bio, no charsheet
Ronwayne - escapee from this thread, full bio, full charsheet :rolldice:
DeathSandwich - Gun Cop, full bio, full charsheet :rolldice:
SeekOtherCandidate - no character concept, no bio, no charsheet
Methane - feral seeker, no bio, no charsheet
thatbastardken - utility psyker, full bio, full charsheet :rolldice:
Werix - cops police seeker, full bio, full charsheet :rolldice:
everythingWasBees - some sort of heretek seeker, no bio, no charsheet
AcidRonin - highborn strategy nerd, full bio, no charsheet :rolldice:

lots of interest - thanks, all!

the ones with :rolldice: are ones currently eligible to be picked, i.e. they've got full bios.

you've still got like ten days for this, but i do want some sort of background because i'm going to get you to try and weave your characters together a bit to make you a cohesive unit, rather than five separate entities quizzing orokos for shootmans rolls

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 30, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Okay, here's a first stab. Obviously this is mostly backstory. I'm relying on the GM for character build, probably.

Ignatius Maulbau just went by “Ignatius,” these days. That was a big change, hiding his family name, but he'd got used to it. Maybe it was due to his comfort with big changes, that he'd survived. His family hadn't. Or anyway, hadn't gotten out, which in Ignatius' opinion was approximately the same.

Family lore said they'd been nobles for over two thousand years. Didn't put too much credence in that, but when your family owns an entire fleet of spacecraft, you made claims like that whether they were true or not. It was part of the pretense. Being noble, after all, was mostly about how you behaved, what you wore, who you could afford to condescend to and how highly they were ranked.

Ignatius had started out as a cabin boy, which did not mean that, thank you. He ran errands, bossed around members of the indentured crew (who, delightfully, had to do what he said even though he was just a child), spied on the passengers, stole things, and played games with his fellow Sibs (who were really mostly cousins and nephews and such, but aboard the Glory's Light, every Maulbau kid was just one of the Sibs).

As a teen he'd been promoted to concierge, which was an unusual privilege. He'd been good at it immediately. Glory's Light was nominally a cargo vessel, but its primary cargo was wealthy over-privileged hivelords, families of high-ranking Imperial officers, debutantes, the nephews of planetary governors, etc. etc. - highborn, shuttling themselves from one insignificant backwater planet to another. To a voidborn Maulbau teenager, their world views were laughably narrow and parochial. Some nobody lordling whose father governed an agri-planet would casually drop how this was his third trip from Barleyworld to the much more stylish and happening luxury-towers atop Sadsack Hive on Irrelevant IV, and Ignatius would bite his tongue so he didn't blurt out that he'd lost count of how many different worlds he'd visited before he was ten years old. Instead, he'd nod sagely and look suitably impressed, and then slip the fat slob the case of illicit brainmelt he'd asked for, palm his tip, and politely excuse himself.

That's what concierging was all about. Pandering to the important passengers, making each one feel special, and especially, doing favors. Make them think they were uniquely privileged. Making them think they'd secretly accessed luxuries their fellow passengers couldn't. Act like arranging for their fetishes and addictions and indulgences to be satisfied during transit was unusual, a privilege only the suavest and best-dressed could get. It was illegal, so their access proved they were above the law. The unceasingly funny joke was, everything those passengers got was second-rate; it was noble crew that enjoyed the real shipboard luxuries. Always confined to family decks, safely out of sight and earshot of the precious cargo and their fragile egos.

Ignatius was good at it, and he saved his tips. By the time he was seventeen, he was given personal charge of the most important passengers, people of actual significance, and getting them things that were genuinely difficult to lay hands to. Information, for example. Especially information about their fellow passengers. The Glory's Light was doing a regular circuit at that time, a dozen or so ports of call in a great irregular circle through the sector, and Ignatius had developed contacts and sellers and buyers at each of them.

His Sibs were mostly lazy, he thought. Not exactly unambitious – family politics were often cuthroat – but unwilling to actually work for anything. Content to waste their tips on gambling and frivolous luxuries and body mods and endless whoring at port. Jockying for status, whispering and backstabbing when they weren't too busy pickling their brains or loving each other (or both, at the same time). They all knew what the full paths of their lives would be, of course; the same as their parents', the same as their great grandparents' – ship crew, on one or another of the Maulbau ships, wealthy nobility with little to do but indulge themselves in the safe and lucrative profits of the private sector transport industry, in a safe sector of the Imperium, as independent and free as any Imperial citizen could possibly be.

As it happened, no sector of the Imperium is as safe as his Sibs imagined. Ignatius was 22 when rumor spread through the sector like burning promethium... Xenos. Fleets of ork ships, a full-scale Waaagh, overrunning six inhabited planets at the edge of the sector in the span of six months. Existing defenses in the sector were ancient, severely degraded, and completely ineffective; garrisons manned by hereditary “troops” whose families had not seen actual fighting for eight generations. Orbital defense platforms re-purposed over the centuries as luxury hotels and playgrounds for highborn locals, those that weren't evacuated and abandoned entirely as their poorly-maintained systems shut down. Dusty armories long-since sealed and abandoned by the Mechanicus, containing only the least-valuable sorts of obsolete weaponry.

The forces of the Imperium are vast, of course, but the gears of the Imperium turn slowly. The Glory's Light had to break its transport circuit immediately, to stay clear of the systems where fighting was likely to break out next. One of the family ships, the Path of Honor, was lost in an overrun system, its exact fate unknown. The heads of the Maulbau family flailed about, frightened and suddenly out of their depth, unable to effectively organize and coordinate in response to a crisis for which their lives of sedentary luxury and entertainment had not prepared them. Gradually, over the course of two years, as the Waagh swallowed one planet after another, the Maulbau fleet began to coalesce, seeking refuge in the system they judged best-defended, where a handful of Imperial warships had begun to form into a makeshift fleet.

That had been a terrible mistake. Ignatius had sensed it, perhaps because he had a better idea of how the Imperial Navy operated than his superiors, the way Naval officers saw the people and planets and cities and especially the merchant vessels of the Imperium. They ought to have fled the sector. That would have meant abandoning all their trade contracts, though, becoming rogue traders, and how could the Maulbaus call themselves nobles, if they scattered to unknown sectors to scrape out livings as uncontracted tradeships? Unthinkable.

They were detained. Every ship denied permission to leave system, without explanation. The family elders had accepted this with bloviating cheer, as though they'd won some sort of prize. They were still imagining the presence of the Navy in-system was their protection. Thinking they'd wait out the war (which the Imperium would surely win) in relative safety, and then life would return to the way it had always been. Imagine the profits, being the first cargo ships to visit newly-liberated systems, carrying much-needed relief supplies!

Ignatius got offship. Used his contacts to get a station berth despite the overcrowding, quietly removed his belongings from his ship cabin, even more quietly said his goodbyes to those few he genuinely loved. Not many of his Sibs were brave enough to follow suit, although he'd warned a handful of his favorites. Begged a few. Most stayed, couldn't believe him, couldn't accept what was about to happen to them. When the Administratum commandeered the entire Maulbau fleet, dispossessing the family legacy with a dispassionate lack of concern or regard for their noble status that was simply inconceivable to them, Ignatius was no longer listed in the ship's ledger as official crew, passenger, or servant. All of the Maulbaus aboard were now servants, command replaced by Administratum officers. Cargo holds stocked with luxury goods were summarily spaced. The Glory's Light was recommissioned the Munitorium Adjunct Class XVIII-Delta Munitions Transport #6714418-323011, loaded with fifty thousand cases of ammunition, and tasked, the last Ignatius had heard, to rendezvous at hive-world Agony with a small fleet of Astra Militarum transports, where an arm of the Waaagh was expected to invade within a few months.

Ignatius, perhaps ironically, found himself a newly-commissioned officer of the Imperial Navy. Not by virtue of his noble standing as a Maulbau, a name which was now entirely worthless, but rather due to several significant favors owed him by various Navy contacts on-station. He was voidborn, had experience aboard ship, but more importantly, had a reputation for getting things that needed to be got, providing important people with useful information... not to mention illicit substances, the discreet company of highly-talented companions with specialized body modifications, and other favors best never mentioned to certain officer's superiors. Moreover, Ignatius affected precisely the right sort of sober deference to higher rank that made him suitable for his position.

Ignatius spent seven years as a Naval Liaison Officer, tasked with interfacing between Naval operations commanders and Administratum supply officers, who were jointly responsible for pulling together a resistance against the xenos, using whatever could be unearthed, reactivated, salvaged, or confiscated from in-sector resources. Extra-sector military response was repeatedly promised, but Ignatius gradually became aware that it would likely be a decade before a full-scale counterattack could be mustered. This sector was not the center of the universe, as he had been raised to believe, but rather – in the eyes of the Imperium – a relatively remote and mostly forgotten backwater. In the meantime, the Xenos would be harried and redirected towards “expendable” worlds, slowed and delayed by the sacrifice of a few billion conscripts armed with locally-sourced weapons as they were found, and thus, contained within this sector until the full might of the Imperium could be brought to bear.

It was often depressing work, but Ignatius adopted the appropriate attitude. He was, after all, nobly-born, as many officers were. You were sneeringly condescending to your inferiors, while precisely the correct level of deferential to your superiors to make them think of you as appropriately obedient, but not so toadyingly servile that they lost all respect for you and considered you expendable. And all the while, Ignatius kept his ears open, because he had learned that the privileges and trappings of your current position were meaningless, if the unthinkably massive weight of the Imperium shifted slightly and crushed you like a dreadnaught stepping on a grape.

That's how he guessed, long before most of his fellow Naval officers, that the sector was going to be lost. Imminently. He read it in the numbers on the requisition reports, on the faces of the Munitorium staffers and petty officers, in the memorandums and increasingly desperate requests. He read it in the strength and increasingly-suicidal dosages of the drugs he supplied to the tight-lipped superiors he courted. The Waagh was not being contained; in fact, it was expanding, looting the supplies they were sending to the front and expanding their numbers. Worlds nominally still considered battlefronts were in fact hopelessly overrun. The sector would be lost within the year, and Ignatius did not want to be among those ordered to make a last, heroic, sacrificial stand.

He didn't have to be. Where there are Xenos, invariably, there is heresy; so said the Inquisition, and over the last few years, he had sensed the growing suspicion. Informants and operatives were showing up on-station; quietly, unassumingly, people with no particularly memorable features, ostensibly low-level Naval officers or unimportant civilian ship crew. People with scrip, and carefully-worded questions, people who Ignatius had a habit of finding and helping out. People a lot like himself, as he came eventually to realize.

They were Inquisition, Ignatius had no illusions about that, and he made sure he was positioned to help and assist wherever he could. His access as liaison between the Navy and the Munitorum was ideal; he could assemble dossiers, he had the confidence of dozens of officers and staffers, he had official reasons to requisition records and interrogate clerks, and he had the skills to do so without arousing suspicion.

It was never quite about outright heresy, exactly. That word never came up. There were no cults on station, no slavering monsters appeared from the Warp. But there were ships that returned from the front lines, transporting the broken remnants of hiver conscript units, and there were Naval officers who interrogated them, Astra Militarum officers who processed them prior to disposal, and all manner of crew and laborers who had contact with them in-transit. Second-order contact with Xenos was not an automatic death-sentence, but Ignatius was made aware that the minds of these suspects could be injured, making them more... susceptible... to Influence. It was implied; influence by the dark powers, Chaos. The immediate concern of the Imperial Navy, the Astra Militarum, and the Munitorium was the Waagh; the concern of the Inquisition was Chaos. And the concern of Ignatius was to get himself out of the sector, sooner rather than later.

When the time came, a grateful Inquisition officer proved willing, with the provision of an appropriately hefty (but entirely appropriate and not at all illegal) “consideration,” to initiate and approve a cross-service transfer. Ignatius joined the Inquisition, his talents for ferreting out information, ingratiating himself to important people, scouring information systems for tidbits of information, and appropriately sizing bribes being exactly the sort of thing the Inquisition needed. He was subjected to careful interrogation himself, of course, but nothing about his past suggested a problem to his grateful Inquisition officer. He boarded a small Inquisition voidship, they left the sector just weeks ahead of the onrushing horror of Ork battleships, and Ignatius tried hard not to think too much to what had become of the Maulbau family, of which he might well be, in time, the only surviving member.

Ignatius Maulbau is a voidborn Seeker/Sage with the Adeptus Administratum background, sort of. He is a consummate people-handler, excelling at getting important information out of important people while making it seem like it was their idea. He adopts whatever outward personality is appropriate for any given social situation; from gregarious partier, to spoiled noble scion, to straight-laced Imperial officer, to reliable co-conspirator, to toadying servant. Exactly what his real personality is, is difficult to guess. Perhaps Ignatius himself doesn't even know; he's been a social chameleon for all of his adult years. Ignatius is a survivor; himself first, but he's willing to take on a certain degree of risk to help out the people he genuinely cares for. He is nervous about working for the Inquisition; not because of any personal heresy, but rather, because he's acutely aware of the degree to which the Inquisition prefers to err on the side of liquidating suspects rather than seeking exonerating evidence. That said, he's also convinced that genuine heresy is dangerous, perhaps as dangerous as invading fleets of xenos; he's had sufficient access to high-security records that he has a pretty good idea of some of the disastrous consequences that have resulted.

Ignatius is comfortable working alone or as part of a team. He does not have a great deal of combat experience: just the basic training every Naval officer receives, plus the scrappy sort of fisticuffs one gets into when hanging around in the seedier sections of spaceports, paying bribes and asking unwelcome questions of disreputable people. His thin, tall voidborn build can be deceptive; Ignatius stays in shape, knows how to use a variety of small arms, and can hold his own in a brawl. But he's no killer, either; bodies have a way of catching up to you, and Ignatius is scrupulous about not leaving behind incriminating evidence. Unless it's incriminating someone else, as a way of tying off loose ends, of course; he's done that a few times, when it was necessary.

Something like this:

But without augmentations, and probably without a walking stick either. And not in uniform any more. So only vaguely like that. It's hard to find an image of an unagumented, tall, thin, dystopian future information-peddling spy/operative, apparently.

inspirations: Elim Garak, Rick Deckard, Johnny Mnemonic, Edison Carter, Dirk Gently

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So far then of the completed apps we've got our tech/knowledge/light driving techpriest, Psyker, Investigation skills/light social/light knowledge guy, melee specialist/social face, and (short/mid) ranged specialist/very light social.

If potential applicants want some more ideas for archetypes that have no curently finished apps, a few of the roles that aren't really covered well based on the currently finished characters off the top of my head.

-A dedicated int/fieldcraft healer: Chirurgeon is the go-to if you want the dedicated healer innate trait though anyone with int/fieldcraft can do it well enough.

-A dedicated Agi/fieldcraft driver: Situationally useful. Depending on the setting it may or may not be useful depending on our character's circumstance once the game gets underway. Our techpriest has basic skill in operating vehicles and it may be good enough for what we'll use if for, but if having highly skilled driving becomes a core facet of our group then having someone with extra cheap skill advances in it will be highly valuable. Of note: I know in Only War you count as having weapon training in all mounted weapons for vehicles you can operate even if you don't have the specific weapon training talent. I'm not sure if that rule applies here too. If so having multiple people with basic operate (land vehicles) is useful for vehicle gunners if we are ever in that position.

-A long ranged specialist: Someone built around using basic 2 handed ranged weapons like Sniper Rifles or Grenade Launchers. I can kind of do this with my character, though I have a pretty heavy talent tax to dedicate myself to dual wielding that could be spent by a 2h specialist in getting things like Mighty Shot, Nowhere to Hide, precision killer, and the like.

For people still submitting apps, don't let this discourage you because skill overlap is always useful. Granted I am not the GM, but even if your app overlaps another's and you are not picked for the first run of characters, you could still be shortlisted for replacements for deaths/burnouts. PBP burnout is a thing that happens fairly often on this subforum and having backups around and ready to play can be handy.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 29, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I was to submit my character earlier but then I got wrapped up (har) in Christmas stuff, but here he is:

"Doctor" Matthius Dreyfuss
Homeworld: Frontier World
Background: Outcast (works mechanically I guess)
Role: Desperado

Background Info & poo poo:
Sanctuary IV is a podunk Agri-World in the making: It's been colonized for the past few decades, but full-scale production is expected to begin the next two centuries at the pace it's going in, if you don't take in the Imperium's vast and tangled web of red tape into account. The current technology of the world is on par with 19th century Wild West Terra, but there's a mix of Imperium tech.

Matthius made a mixed living traveling throughout the world, tending to the sick, gambling, and bounty hunting. The target that led to Matthius joining the Inquisiton was hunting down the outlaw Blind Barnabas, who was wanted for murder, robbery, (supposed) Chaos worship, and smacking a barmaid in the face with an empty beer bottle. He eventually tracked him down to a forest hideout, and a brief shootout ensued, with Barnabas dying from a shot between his (non-functioning) eyes.

This attracted the attention of an Inquitisition detachment that was tracking him, and Matthius ended up joining them, sometimes being in a retinue or going solo, and he recently recieved a report for a mission to Ourybia. However, they failed to mention anything beyond that.

quote:

Name: "Doctor" Matthius Dreyfuss
Homeworld: Frontier World
Background: Outcast
Role: Desperado
Wounds: 8
Fate Points: 3 (Emperor's Blessing 7+)
Divination: Only the insane have strength enough to prosper (Increases Willpower by 3, and the first time he gains 1 or more Insanity Point each session, he gains that amount plus 1 instead)

Home World Bonus:
Rely on None but Yourself:
A frontier world character
gains a +20 bonus to Tech-Use tests when applying
personal weapon modifications, and a +10 bonus
when repairing damaged items

Background Bonus:

Never Quit:
An Outcast character counts his Toughness bonus as two higher for purposes of determining Fatigue

Role Bonus:
Move and Shoot (Once per round, can perform a free Standard Attack with a pistol after performing a Move Action)

WS: 25 (25 (base)
BS: 40 (30 (base) + (10 point buy)
S: 25 (25 (base)
T: 30 (25 (base) + (5 point buy)
Ag: 40 (25 (base) + (15 point buy)
Int: 40 (25 (base) + (15 point buy)
Per: 30 (30 (base)
WP: 33 (25 (base) + (5 point buy) + ( 3 Divination)
Fel: 30 (20 (base) + (10 point buy)
Inf: 20 (20 base)

Gear:
Autopistol
Flak Vest
Chainsword
Injector
2 doses of Obscura
Stub automatic
Imperial Guard flak armor

(Requisitions are in bold)

Skills:
Acrobatics
Common Lore (Underworld)
Deceive
Dodge (Trained) (100 XP)
Stealth
Medicae (Trained) (100 XP)

Aptitudes:
Fieldcraft
Agility
Ballistic Skill
Defense
Fellowship
Finesse
Intelligence

Talents:
Weapon Training (Chain)
Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)
Quick Draw
Two Weapon Fighter (ranged) (300 XP)
Ambidextrous (200 XP)
Rapid Reload (200 XP)

XP: 100/1000

Going for a sawbones doctor, since we'll need someone to take care of the wounded (which is mostly just pouring whiskey on the wounds and using slightly clean cloth as bandages).

And a couple of things:

- Since I don't plan on going melee, would it be possible to swap the Chainsword (and maybe its accompanying Weapon Training talent) with something else? If something medical is too much, then I'm ok with a basic rifle of some sort.

- I barely know requisitions work, but I'd like a second pistol and some Imperial Guard Flak Armor if possible, even if it's just armor ripped off some poor dead guy 5 minutes ago. Nothing a trip in the washer can't fix!

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 29, 2015

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Requisition works in that at character creation you get a number of items equal to your Influence bonus (I'm guessing your IFL score is 25 since it's not listed, so 2 items) that are of Scarce availability and anything more common than that. Guard's Flak is Scarce, so go for it. For pistols all SP ones are available, as the rarest is the Hand Cannon at scarce.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

So far then of the completed apps we've got our tech/knowledge/light driving techpriest, Psyker, social face/light knowledge guy, melee specialist/light social, and (short/mid) ranged specialist/very light social.

Which one of those do you put Jacob in, because I don't think any of those really describe him. If I'm the social face/light knowledge guy, i'd point out as of right now my only social skill is deceive. I would describe him more as a "spend fate points to never roll poo poo" given I can spend fate points to auto succeed on interrogation, intimidate, awareness and inquiry.

essentially I am the "press X to get the party back on track" character.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I've got most if not nearly all social skills other than command, I think. So I'd call myself "medium" social? I dunno. I can stab good but not in many fancy ways.

Also, replace my rebreather acquisition with a grapple gun y/n? Ordinarily I'd go with the mandatory chandelier swinging device but, you know, water world.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Requisition works in that at character creation you get a number of items equal to your Influence bonus (I'm guessing your IFL score is 25 since it's not listed, so 2 items) that are of Scarce availability and anything more common than that. Guard's Flak is Scarce, so go for it. For pistols all SP ones are available, as the rarest is the Hand Cannon at scarce.

I forgot the Influence stat :doh:

But yeah I think it's around that, I'll probably nab a semi-auto and the armor.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Werix posted:

Which one of those do you put Jacob in, because I don't think any of those really describe him. If I'm the social face/light knowledge guy, i'd point out as of right now my only social skill is deceive. I would describe him more as a "spend fate points to never roll poo poo" given I can spend fate points to auto succeed on interrogation, intimidate, awareness and inquiry.

essentially I am the "press X to get the party back on track" character.

You are the social face even without charm/deceive because you have fellowship/social/willpower aptitudes, so even without charm/deceive on the word go, you can still buy them for cheap. You get Int/Tech but not knowledge aptitudes as well, so you can get cheap Tech-Use/Security but less so Academic/Forbidden lores.

Basically you are only ever 100 exp away from being passably charming or deceptive.

You still have to roll Interrogation and Intimidation, the Arbites trait gives you free automatic rerolls, not a fate point to auto-succeed.

Edit: I was working off memory of what the characters did and wasn't looking directly at them, updating the previous post.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 29, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

You are the social face even without charm/deceive because you have fellowship/social/willpower aptitudes, so even without charm/deceive on the word go, you can still buy them for cheap. You get Int/Tech but not knowledge aptitudes as well, so you can get cheap Tech-Use/Security but less so Academic/Forbidden lores.

Basically you are only ever 100 exp away from being passably charming or deceptive.

You still have to roll Interrogation and Intimidation, the Arbites trait gives you free automatic rerolls, not a fate point to auto-succeed.

Edit: I was working off memory of what the characters did and wasn't looking directly at them, updating the previous post.

Jokes on you if you think I plan on taking anything other than deceive. Potential does not equal actual aptitude.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

For Forbidden Lore roles involving Tech that isn't Archaeotech, would the Forbidden Lore skill equivalent for Common Lore: Tech suffice, or do I need to get more specific with Forbidden Lore: Adeptus Mechanicum and Forbidden Lore: Xenos?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Do skill bonuses for multiple sources stack? Like would a Utility Servo-skull and a Utility Mechadendrite combine for a total of +20 to Tech Use? Or would only one work, since both servo as an Omnitool?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Do skill bonuses for multiple sources stack? Like would a Utility Servo-skull and a Utility Mechadendrite combine for a total of +20 to Tech Use? Or would only one work, since both servo as an Omnitool?

from different sources, yes, in that a med-mechandrite and medkit bonus would stack. a utility skull and utility mechandrite both count as a combitool so that bonus does not stack, nor would the bonuses from two medkits, one Good and one Standard

everythingWasBees posted:

For Forbidden Lore roles involving Tech that isn't Archaeotech, would the Forbidden Lore skill equivalent for Common Lore: Tech suffice, or do I need to get more specific with Forbidden Lore: Adeptus Mechanicum and Forbidden Lore: Xenos?

huh. i was going to say that there's no Forbidden Lore: Technology, but apparently there is - there's FLs for every entry in the common and scholastic list, which i never quite clocked before.

Forbidden Lore: Technology isn't actually any less specific than AdMech, Archaeotech, or Xenos - it covers things that are current in the imperium. it would mostly be useful for deciphering stuff other hereteks have done - chaos devices would need Demonology after a certain level, xenos devices obviously need xenos, ancient unknown devices need archaeotech, admech is actually more about the organisation's structure, beliefs, capabilities, etc.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Going for a sawbones doctor, since we'll need someone to take care of the wounded (which is mostly just pouring whiskey on the wounds and using slightly clean cloth as bandages).

you might want a medkit then. it's only +10 rather than +20 as per Only War, but it's still necessary for some medic stuff.

if you don't want the chainsword you can trade it in as part of a requisition test. if you don't want the training you can pick another background.

also your backstory's real short and tells me literally nothing about your character. maybe flesh it out a bit:

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

You might also want to consider what your character hates, what your character wants, and how willing they are to compromise one to feed the other.

ok this is like ten times longer than it needs to be, i'm still reading through it. it's good, it's just long.

i will work out what your guy should be a bit later today

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Yeah I might trade in the chainsword for something else.

I'll also flesh out the backstory in a bit, and provide a justification as to why the cowboy is also a semi-medic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ok this is like ten times longer than it needs to be, i'm still reading through it. it's good, it's just long.

i will work out what your guy should be a bit later today

Yeah, sorry, I guess I can't blame folks for not reading it.

Here's the tl:dr;

Ignatius was born and raised as part of a noble family that owned and operated a small fleet of cargo ships in a relatively quiet, backwater sector. He worked as a concierge as a young man, learning to do favors and earn favors from the wealthy passengers he was serving. Then a Waaagh broke out in the sector, the imperials showed up, and his family's fleet was confiscated for the war effort, with most of his family becoming dispossessed servants. Ignatius had the foresight to jump ship before that happened, though, and through his stationside contacts, secured a job for the Imperial Navy as a liaison between the Navy and the Munitorium. He worked for them for a few years, but the war effort in the sector went badly. Before the last major defense in his system was overrun, Ignatius again used his influence and contacts to get a transfer to the Inquisition.

He's a voidborn sage/face type character with excellent facility in: finding things, getting things (particularly illegal things), making contacts, bribery, subterfuge, spycraft, and staying on the good side of powerful people. He's got a background in nobility and knows how to seem upper-crusty himself, but also has extensive experience with the underworld and seedy environments. Not a combat character per se, although Navy officer training means he's got the basics, and he's been in the occasional scrap in various unsavory situations. Tall, thin, pale, no body mods, good at blending in despite his height (which is normal for voidborn), unassuming, a social chameleon in his late 20s or maybe 32ish. Adept at working alone but also fine (and experienced) working in team environments. Generally contemptuous towards spoiled nobility, although he doesn't let that on at all when he's dealing with them. Regrets his failure to save his shipboard siblings. Has spent most of his adult life just trying to find a way to escape a losing war, doesn't really know who he wants to be yet.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Sheet later, this now:

Eadian Valarius
Homeworld: Highborn
Backround: Adeptus Administratum (slight liberty taken more Logis Strategos then actuall Administratum )
Role: Seeker or sage? They seem very close and it could be either......

When the world of Kiavahr was brought into the Imperium almost a millennia ago, the
Imperium discovered (along with one of the emperors missing primarch sons) a fully intact and
functioning nobility. Not being fools, the founders of the Imperium all understood the value of an
already existent ruling class being used to assist in bringing a now world, one rich in
manufacturing capabilities, into the fold. What they had not intended on however was the sheer
stubbornness of this ruling class to adopting "the new way of things". They insisted on using
their old calendar, their old holidays and customs, even insisting on their old religion still being a
facet of their society. Almost as soon as someone in the Adaptus Terra realized that granting a
man a writ of trade meant that man would most likely be far away from society for a long time,
the subject of the noble families of Kiavahr was broached. In the many years of the imperium's
existence the one thing that NOT become more accustomed too was even the smallest amount
of recidivism.

Thus was the story of how Eadian Valarius's family came to be one of the more
respected military family's in the imperium. His was an old family, a popular rumor passed
around the clan was that one of his elders had served alongside the Primarch Corax in the days
when the emperor still walked with mortals. Eadian regarded these as little more than schoolboy
tales now though. He had, as all men of his family have, attended school on Kiavar and
afterwords been commissioned as an officer in the Imperial fleet. He served briefly with a
contingent of the raven guard before his somewhat natural aptitude for knowing things he ought not
to to know got him a place within the fleet intelligence component of the Logis Strategos, the
imperium's military intelligence branch. From here he was able to refine his craft of getting
useful secrets from other people and was able to assist in several military campaign against the
archenemy. His somewhat meteoric rise through the ranks however attracted the unwanted
attention of rivals within the service however, and after the knowledge that one of his uncles, a
rouge trader, had communicated, even at times WORKED with xenos, the inquisition began to
believe that haveing Eadian this close to the imperium's darkest places was Maybe not in their
best interest. He has been sent on assighnment in the field to remove him from headquarters in an attempt
to get him out of the centers of power by those above him who see him as a rival.

EDIT: A picture.

So the GM will be helping with rolls?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Ignatius again

ok going by the character you've painted he sounds like a Highborn/Rogue Trader Fleet/Heirophant, in the sense that this is what supports your backstory mechanically. Rogue Trader Fleet is a mild stretch, but in terms of "space people what's learned about xenos" it fits

characters have aptitudes, dictating how cheaply they can buy stats, skills (broad activities, e.g. "I can trade"), and talents (narrow focus, e.g. "I can dodge twice in one combat round"). you'll end up with Fellowship, Social, Finesse, Offence, Toughness and Willpower aptitudes, along with a further characteristic of your choice. i would suggest Agility or Intelligence.

you basically have razor-sharp social focus, by virtue of both Fellowship and Social aptitudes, and also have a broad flexibility in picking other stuff to do. you will struggle to fulfil loremaster or melee roles, but i guess that's probably fine.

AcidRonin posted:

Eadian Valarius

So the GM will be helping with rolls?

looks good; Sage is more knowledge-focused and involves interrogating books, Seeker is more social-focused and involves interrogating people.

normally, sages are able to easily and cheaply buy into tech-use and all the lore skills, seekers are able to easily buy into all the social skills. however, an ad-admin seeker is also just as good at Lore skills as an ad-admin Sage, so really it's whichever you want to focus on a bit more as a player

and yeah i can help with your sheet and telling you what to roll

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

ok going by the character you've painted he sounds like a Highborn/Rogue Trader Fleet/Heirophant, in the sense that this is what supports your backstory mechanically. Rogue Trader Fleet is a mild stretch, but in terms of "space people what's learned about xenos" it fits

An Adeptus Administratum background would also work for a character set up to be a fixer/finder of things even if it's not to the letter of what Leperfish is going for in his background. It'd start you with Commerce and High Gothic for hob-knobing with the sorts of nobles who would do business with a rogue trader. Just chalk up the Master of Paperwork bonus to the idea that your character knows the logistical and paperwork loopholes of the Administratum due to having set up work orders and contracts with them on a regular basis.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For what it's worth, if I' picked then Lore skills are what I'm planning on focusing on with my XP. But having another character who could buy Lores I don't would mean I don't need to sink quite as much XP into so many skills.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Who What Now posted:

For what it's worth, if I' picked then Lore skills are what I'm planning on focusing on with my XP. But having another character who could buy Lores I don't would mean I don't need to sink quite as much XP into so many skills.

Well if Jacob gets picked I plan on investing a bit into lore skills, along with inquiry and interrogation to go along with the "smart detective who gets people to talk" theme. It wouldn't be a lot of the esoteric lores like xenos, the warp, and all that but more practical. Things like the different organizations, underworld, judgement, etc. Essentially very few, if any, forbidden lore.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

looks good; Sage is more knowledge-focused and involves interrogating books, Seeker is more social-focused and involves interrogating people.

and yeah i can help with your sheet and telling you what to roll

I'll go seeker since it fits what I had in mind for the character but you mentioned a sage being very useful and it would be easy enogh to spin it that way, thoughts?

I've got the book so how should I roll this up

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

AcidRonin posted:

I'll go seeker since it fits what I had in mind for the character but you mentioned a sage being very useful and it would be easy enogh to spin it that way, thoughts?

I've got the book so how should I roll this up

We're not rolling stats, we're point buying. The only three things you really need to roll is the +1d5 for your wounds (DJF has said roll twice and take the better roll), your divination (flat 1d100 and compare it to the table on page 84 of Dark Heresy 2's core rulebook, per DJF you can swap your 10s figure and your 1s figure for your roll if you so choose so a roll of 39 can change to a 93 for example) and your fate threshold, which is a flat 1d10 rolled against whatever number is given for your home planet, if you roll above the target number you gain +1 fate point.

As far as the point buy goes...

DeathSandwich posted:

So with point buy take a look at the characteristic modifiers for your home planet. Any characteristics with a + beside them start at 30, and any with a - next to them start at 20, with everything else starting at 25 (so frontier world characters have 30 Ballistic skill and perception but 20 Fellowship and everything else will be 25). From there you have 60 "free" points that you can distribute how you wish on a 1 for 1 basis, so long as no stat goes above 40 baseline.

Once your stats are set and you have all you skills/traits/talents in place for your planet/background/role, you have 1000 free exp to spend to flesh yourself out a bit more. You get a number of free requisition bonuses equal to your influence modifier (i.e. 2 if you have the default 25 influence) and you also need to roll 1d100 for your character divination on page 84

Edit: General PBP courtesy is to roll your dice on http://orokos.com/roll/ and link said rolls in your post. Don't cheat or we will know.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 31, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

spending XP is massively more complex than rolling stats. there's a good excel doc for Only War that you enter in your aptitudes for and it calculates skill/talent cost for you; i might redo that for DH2, but fallout 4 is taking precedence. once we get closer to "finish your charsheets" deadlines i may do so.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Spending XP really isn't all that hard so long as have your aptitudes on hand to quick-reference. That said, a spreadsheet would be pretty cool.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Yeah, just keep your aptitudes and the cross reference charts for your advances handy. If you look over the talents enough you can get a feel for about what you can do with x aptitudes.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

I have had a significant amount of whiskey tonight and don't want to do math right this moment, when is the "Get this poo poo done" date?

EDIT: I mean amasec obviously duh.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

As a note on timings:

• All character concepts and backstories should be in by Jan 7th so I can pick the squad.
  • All charsheets should be finalised by Jan 15th, and initial rules runthroughs done for those new to Dark Heresy 2. We'll have at least a full week to iron stuff out.
  • First game post will probably be around Jan 20th; I'll try to stick to Wednesday updates

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

characters have aptitudes, dictating how cheaply they can buy stats, skills (broad activities, e.g. "I can trade"), and talents (narrow focus, e.g. "I can dodge twice in one combat round"). you'll end up with Fellowship, Social, Finesse, Offence, Toughness and Willpower aptitudes, along with a further characteristic of your choice. i would suggest Agility or Intelligence.

you basically have razor-sharp social focus, by virtue of both Fellowship and Social aptitudes, and also have a broad flexibility in picking other stuff to do. you will struggle to fulfil loremaster or melee roles, but i guess that's probably fine.

I definitely see my guy leaning more towards the social stuff rather than loremaster. I figure Ignatius' family fleet didn't think of themselves as "rogue traders" and probably existed as an unusual exception to the usual arrangements due to his home sector being fairly neglected and backwater. E.g., they had established shipping routes and established as nobility at their regular ports of call. But whatever, that's just fluffy detail.

I'd definitely go Intelligence over Agility. Ignatius is a sharp and cunning guy.

I do see AcidRonin's character seeming to have a lot of overlap, so if we're both picked, we may want to coordinate to differentiate our dudes a little, although it's not necessarily a bad thing to have two characters who are both experts at seeker-type stuff, given we're working for the Inquisition. We can differentiate via different personalities, outlooks on life, etc. for example.

I've got guests coming tomorrow for all-day gaming on the new year day, and one is spending the night, so we're cleaning up today and I may not get back to this thread till saturday night or even sunday. Still shouldn't have any problem working through the mechanics and being done by the 7th.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I finally have access to a computer again so I'll have everything up tomorrow once my guests leave. Heretek Archeologist, with a focus on Forbidden Lores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I do see AcidRonin's character seeming to have a lot of overlap, so if we're both picked, we may want to coordinate to differentiate our dudes a little, although it's not necessarily a bad thing to have two characters who are both experts at seeker-type stuff, given we're working for the Inquisition. We can differentiate via different personalities, outlooks on life, etc. for example.

I just read yours and yea that's true. You posted first so if we both get picked I can go more sage-y research-y type Savant. That would work just a few personality tweaks. Play it as a sort of a younger more headstrong Uber Amos. Getting in to trouble trying to read forbidden lore and the like. It would still be fun for me. Sorry about that I didn't read yours first!

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 4, 2016

• Locked thread