Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-176/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=257

Not much progress, but Ms. Yeon may finally start using the full power of her flames, which would be cool.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hirethor posted:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-176/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=257

Not much progress, but Ms. Yeon may finally start using the full power of her flames, which would be cool.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about FUG dude having this chains ability. So far, with the possible exception of unique skills created by Rankers or something, Shinsoo seems to be used in a pretty straightforward manner (you shoot it or turn it into electricty/fire/whatever or block/ride on it). This chains thing makes me think of Hunter X Hunter nen abilities, and while those are really cool in HxH I'd rather people not have a bunch of crazy abilities in Tower of God.

I'm also not sure how much sense it will make for Moontari to beat the FUG spear guy. Previously Baam had to use the Thorn to a dangerous extent to fight him, and it seemed to be implied at the time that Baam was superior to Aka (who is obviously superior to Moontari), or at the very least was superior when using the Thorn.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 17, 2015

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Shinsoo can be and do literally anything if the user is able to make it do so. The form isn't as "huh?" as the HxH style conditionxcontract that needs more explanation though I imagine it'll be as simple as "Mad Dog". Probably need to read the author notes for the first time in a while.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I'm sad nothing happened this chapter. Hopefully this will be the last slow chapter for a while since SIU is completely done with his military training now.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-177/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=258

Moontari :suicide:

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Looks like we're about to see the results of baam's training

Brownieftw fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 23, 2015

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Brownieftw posted:

Looks like we're about to see the results of baam's training

Let's hope he learned how to extinguish fires :v:

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I just started reading this. #51 left me confused: http://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-1-ep-51/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=52

How did Androssi touch the rankers badge? Where was her own badge?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Secx posted:

I just started reading this. #51 left me confused: http://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-1-ep-51/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=52

How did Androssi touch the rankers badge? Where was her own badge?

Her badge is hidden under her skirt, which is why he thought she was wearing red underwear, same color as the badge. She was just about to hit his so I guess he decided to abandon defense so he could grab hers first and win the match, but the thing he grabbed wasn't actually her badge. You can see his badge on her hook right after he says "I was faster".

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Even though that result makes perfect sense, that's still a shame; I liked Moontari.

I was not particular interested in angel girl's sad backstory. Curious to see if Baam is stronger in the next chapter; it wasn't really clear on whether his "training" with the guardian guy was making him physically stronger or just making him wiser.

Aka has the most bizarre looking character design. Massive super wide man wearing what looks like a schoolgirl uniform.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Ytlaya posted:

Aka has the most bizarre looking character design. Massive super wide man wearing what looks like a schoolgirl uniform.
Speaking of Hunter x Hunter
So Biscuit Krueger?

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-178/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=259 KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
holy poo poo baam

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So am I correct in thinking that the demon thingy Baam talked with represents the power of the thorn, while the giant flame thing that appeared behind the demon guy (and presumably the power Baam ended up receiving) is something else that is different and I guess far more powerful?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So am I correct in thinking that the demon thingy Baam talked with represents the power of the thorn, while the giant flame thing that appeared behind the demon guy (and presumably the power Baam ended up receiving) is something else that is different and I guess far more powerful?

Its the persona that's been directing his combat since hes got the thorn. whether its an independent entity or a dream quest manifestation of himself driven by insecurity and domination is up for grabs. But being its implied that Zahad had undergone the same trial and had failed leans the latter more then the former.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

zerosix posted:

Its the persona that's been directing his combat since hes got the thorn. whether its an independent entity or a dream quest manifestation of himself driven by insecurity and domination is up for grabs. But being its implied that Zahad had undergone the same trial and had failed leans the latter more then the former.

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Vol.2_Ch.170:_38F_-_Hell_Train:_A_Month_(5)#Blog_Post

quote:

The 'Fake being' is some 'mind-being' that mixed into Baam as he climbed the Tower and gained powers like Thorn. It was not in Baam originally.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm going to guess that Baam will still have trouble with Hoaqin, since otherwise there won't exactly be much tension. I'm also guessing Hoaqin will succeed in absorbing at least one of his "siblings" first, since current Baam could probably beat current him (since Baam was at least able to mostly keep up with him when they fought before).

Also, didn't Baam just effectively let poor Moontari die for no reason? I mean, he ended up having to put forth the (seemingly little) effort to beat spear dude in the end anyways.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

New chapter owns bones

haha holy poo poo he's actually FUG's white :stonk:

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
This is going to get fun.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

New chapter owns bones

haha holy poo poo he's actually FUG's white :stonk:

Ah, I remember reading about that guy in the TOG wiki, neat.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
My theory about White is that FUG's plan is for White to absorb their father, Arie Hon, and use Arie Hon's Irregular status to kill Zahard.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-180/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=261

People talk and some stuff happens.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-181/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=262

Oh, that's interesting :eek:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

This poo poo is still way too confusing. But at least it's good poo poo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The only issue with these developments is that I can't imagine that Hoaqin will actually lose. If he loses, then there's pretty much no tension for the rest of this arc and Baam has nothing else he needs to do. Then again, if he wins there's no way Baam will be able to beat someone that is on par with a high ranker.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ytlaya posted:

The only issue with these developments is that I can't imagine that Hoaqin will actually lose. If he loses, then there's pretty much no tension for the rest of this arc and Baam has nothing else he needs to do. Then again, if he wins there's no way Baam will be able to beat someone that is on par with a high ranker.

If Hoaqin successfully merges with his siblings and becomes White, then he's a ranker interfering with a test for Regulars, and Yuri might step in.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

i'm kinda thinking the hoaqin/white unification thing won't get resolved atm, might see the siblings split into different factions led by the two bros currently fighting

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
They may just stay separate after all, all 5 of them being individuals again.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hirethor posted:

Yeah I feel like this is the most probable outcome, with both sides being involved in future conflicts.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hirethor posted:

Given the end of the chapter they're either going to become a new entity under Vicente or there will be several different amalgamations of the siblings. I'd guess 3.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-182/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=263

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Well poo poo.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I like how Baam is bending the rules :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bernardo Orel posted:

I like how Baam is bending the rules :v:

I feel like learning the little holes in the stated rules would be a really big part of climbing the Tower successfully.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Guess it's leading to a fight between Baam and a (at least partially) complete Hoaqin, though I can't see how that would work unless Baam is now as strong as a high ranker or something.

While I don't necessarily mind Hoaqin winning and absorbing his brothers, I don't really like the way it was executed. I don't like scenes where a character is pushed into a corner and then goes "heh I actually had the ability to win all along through some previous unmentioned mechnism."

One thing I wasn't totally clear on was what exactly Baam was doing with the pipes. Was he using shinsoo "telekinesis" to forcibly move his section of pipe and connect it with another section of pipe?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I wasn't totally clear on was what exactly Baam was doing with the pipes. Was he using shinsoo "telekinesis" to forcibly move his section of pipe and connect it with another section of pipe?

Yep, pipe bending. Looks like he spent the last month watching Avatar the Last Airbender.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Guess it's leading to a fight between Baam and a (at least partially) complete Hoaqin, though I can't see how that would work unless Baam is now as strong as a high ranker or something.

While I don't necessarily mind Hoaqin winning and absorbing his brothers, I don't really like the way it was executed. I don't like scenes where a character is pushed into a corner and then goes "heh I actually had the ability to win all along through some previous unmentioned mechnism."

Given how desperate we've seen Hoaqin is to complete himself you have to wonder why he never used this trump card earlier. There's the obvious explaination of "he didn't expect his siblings to rebel this much" or "using the forced merger stresses his body" but yeah, this definitely feels like a last minute instant-win button the author just gave him.

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
Maybe he needed vincente to cast the spell for it to work as well

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, the impression I got was that Hoaqin didn't force a merge, but that Vicente cast the merger spell while Hoaqin was pinned down and was unable to stop it when Hoaqin started gloating about it not being a "Merge people under the caster" spell but a "Merge people under Hoaqin" spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

One thing I noticed is how much Hoaqin's demon looks like Baam's. So I wonder if it is the same entity that's always trying to use people in the tower for it's own gains or something.