Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Really Pants posted:

If I remember right, it's in the last road area right before the fortress. The spot will be clearly marked with a green (!) on your minimap.

So I need to kill the Story Required monster, go to Road Three and collect the poo poo before I get to the Fort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Crabtree posted:

So I need to kill the Story Required monster, go to Road Three and collect the poo poo before I get to the Fort?

It's on the way. It should be okay to hit up the fort before you turn those quests in. I remember the kids talking about it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah you finish that quest after the fort. Also make sure to go back to the fort after coming back to town to meet an old buddy!

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Huh, I guess you can only push your midterms score up to 7th. Unless I missed something else...

Edit: Is Class VII always #1 on the average mark list for the midterms, or does it depend on your score?

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 27, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh neat, there's swimming classes, this shou- wait what do you mean there's a minigame aaaaaaaaaah

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh Yes, of course Jusis. Those poor nobles need more tanks to defend themselves from the NATIONAL ARMY! Why, these poor nobles are just defending their trumped up little states rights to deny any command from the Chancellor or even the Emperor of your own goddamn country if they don't like it! Great Noble RIGHTS MATTER!

Why don't we just give tanks to everyone?! Surely it will be important for everyone to defend themselves from their own empire just encase they need to declare their sovereign citizenship or anything!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

"...I don't think I want to imagine Elliot all buff and ripped."

Never change, Rean, never change. :allears:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lord Koth posted:

"...I don't think I want to imagine Elliot all buff and ripped."

Never change, Rean, never change. :allears:

I don't really want to either...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Oh Yes, of course Jusis. Those poor nobles need more tanks to defend themselves from the NATIONAL ARMY! Why, these poor nobles are just defending their trumped up little states rights to deny any command from the Chancellor or even the Emperor of your own goddamn country if they don't like it! Great Noble RIGHTS MATTER!

Why don't we just give tanks to everyone?! Surely it will be important for everyone to defend themselves from their own empire just encase they need to declare their sovereign citizenship or anything!

when tanks are outlawed, only outlaws will have tanks

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So what the heck is the Insight status, anyway. I keep seeing the occasional thing that causes it, but no explanation whatsoever as to what it does.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Okay, Rean throwing Sara under the bus known as Thomas was amusing. Almost makes up for all her own harrassment. :v:

Supremezero posted:

So what the heck is the Insight status, anyway. I keep seeing the occasional thing that causes it, but no explanation whatsoever as to what it does.

I think it allows you to view enemy information without having analyzed them, but I'm not certain. I just seem to recall I could see information on enemies back in the initial schoolhouse visit with Gaius, despite not having any relevant quartz yet.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh my god, Chapter 4 Free Day's hidden quest is the greatest thing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Oh my god, Chapter 4 Free Day's hidden quest is the greatest thing.

that is exactly where I am in the game, what do I need to do to see it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

that is exactly where I am in the game, what do I need to do to see it

Finish both optional quests.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Finish both optional quests.

ok i always do that anyway, good to know, thanks

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

(chapter 4) crowe is totally the masked villain, is there even another character that has a name starting with c? outside of claire i guess.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Boost to accuracy and evasion I think? I know it's in the status effects tab in the notebook if you want to check.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus loving Christ how many scenes have to end with someone watching over the anime kids in the distance or making some sort of foreshadowing? They should have called it Trails of Foreshadowing with how much PLOT is being shoved in your face.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Zaggitz posted:

Laura likes Dogi and as such is the best character.

:agreed:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Huh.

I, uh, just observed a guy in chapter 4.

Walking into a crate.

And I can still talk to him.

Interesting.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

what are the things I need to do to ace the midterms? I just started chapter 2

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Erg posted:

what are the things I need to do to ace the midterms? I just started chapter 2

Talk to all the teachers, Linde and Vivi, Hugo and whatshername, and Beryl, and find the books in the Library, Lit Club room, Music Club Room, and the Gymnasium.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
A box full of cats just murdered Estelle and Joshua. :saddowns:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Such is life in liberl

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Wow, Cold Steel doesn't waste any time showing you just who you're going up against and a lot of what's going on must be quite unclear to people who haven't played Trails in the sky. I'm only halfway through the May field trip and while I have a good idea of what the society is most likely going for, I can't wait to see what stunts BleuBlanc will pull.

Which makes me wonder just how much I'm missing from not having spoilered myself on the games that are not translated yet.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 29, 2015

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chapter 4

Uhhhh, Rean, maybe calm down a little. :stare:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

Chapter 4

Uhhhh, Rean, maybe calm down a little. :stare:

Rean's running away from home because his sister wants to bang him, and the latest paper was all "WHO WILL THE PRINCESS DANCE WITH????" which means it will definitely be him, somehow, and probably some of his classmates or some of her peers will get all butthurt about it and make his life hell

dude's got stress

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 29, 2015

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Well it's post-christmas and I found a good deal on a PS3 to replace my dead launch model. Will be picking this up immediately. Is it available digitally? Also, is Cold Steel 2 right around the corner or are we going to be in a TitS SC situation?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Levantine posted:

Well it's post-christmas and I found a good deal on a PS3 to replace my dead launch model. Will be picking this up immediately. Is it available digitally? Also, is Cold Steel 2 right around the corner or are we going to be in a TitS SC situation?

CSII's localization is well underway and is expected to release sometime in 2016.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Motto posted:

CSII's localization is well underway and is expected to release sometime in 2016.

Even better. So far from reading all the posts here it sounds like CS is a good game. I'm ready for a good game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah im in chapter 5 and it's definitely good. it's not as good as Sky overall but it still has a good deal of what made Sky work and it's especially fun to see all the reoccurring characters and setting details

also combat is a lot faster, hooray

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The combat has definitely been improved in a lot of ways, I'm really enjoying it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly the UI improves in ToCS alone are a huge fuckin' improvement.

I'm playing both at the same time and it really highlights just how goddamn terrible TitS user interface is. Awful maps, bad quest markers, no quick travel, slow combat without animation skip, all kinds of little things. Some of it is a product of the era it is from but some of it is just goddamn annoying.

I like TitS's plot more so far but CS is hugely more playable.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

although generic mobs are even more pointless, lol. i consider it a gently caress up at this point if an enemy even gets a turn outside of bosses and minibosses

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Been playing the PSP remake of Brandish lately and I'm loving it. Halfway through the third area so far and although I constantly die in so many dumb ways it's still a blast. The only really irritating things are the loving bats.

Really Pants posted:

The combat has definitely been improved in a lot of ways, I'm really enjoying it.
Yeah it's all very speedy now even without mashing Start to skip animations. I also like that tbe movement grid is gone/invisible.

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly the UI improves in ToCS alone are a huge fuckin' improvement.
No longer having to endure sluggish and laggy menus is wonderful.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do quartz like Luck and Septium Vein still work if they're on a party member in support?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Really Pants posted:

Do quartz like Luck and Septium Vein still work if they're on a party member in support?

No.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I trawled through a Google translated Chinese guide for Trails of Cold Steel for the locations of all of the Red Moon Rose books, if anyone is interested I can post the list under a spoiler. There are generally two per month (three in the first month, one in the last), and no two are in one day.

If you missed one you can refresh the curios section in the shop to get it, though they are pricy!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I trawled through a Google translated Chinese guide for Trails of Cold Steel for the locations of all of the Red Moon Rose books, if anyone is interested I can post the list under a spoiler. There are generally two per month (three in the first month, one in the last), and no two are in one day.

If you missed one you can refresh the curios section in the shop to get it, though they are pricy!

If I'm at the Chapter 1 Field Study have I missed one?

(Yes, I'd like the list)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Some Numbers posted:

If I'm at the Chapter 1 Field Study have I missed one?

(Yes, I'd like the list)
You missed book 1, unfortunately :(

Red Moon Rose 1: Apr 18, Keynes in Keynes’ Bookstore
RMR 2: Apr 24, Anita in Celdic Grand Market
RMR 3: Apr 25, Robin in the farmhouse on West Celtic Road 2
RMR 4: May 29, Fumy at the resting area in Aurochs Fort
RMR 5: May 30, Annette on the bench near the north exit of station road
RMR 6: June 27, Soldier Manning in Southern Nord Highlands (?)
RMR 7: June 28, Soldier Hoover on top of the tank at Zender Gate
RMR 8: July 24, Roberto on a bench in Mater Park
RMR 9: July 26, Tim in SE Doraikerusu (??? I have no idea how this was translated. Dreichels?) Square
RMR 10: Aug 28, old lady Daphne in private house 1, Arseid
RMR 11: Aug 30, maid Prana on the second floor of the Arseid Viscounty Mansion
RMR 12: Sep 25, elder Oulu on the bench near the escalator, doesn't say what town/area
RMR 13: Sep 26, receptionist Fraga in the Roer Institute of Technology
RMR 14: Oct 23, butler Celestin at the resting area on the second floor of the school building
You can exchange them all to get a zemurian ore on the same day you get volume 14.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 29, 2015