Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

hakimashou posted:

2.0 is :perfect:

For real, I hope they never change it.

You can spawn camp the spawn station and blow their ships up before they can get in them and Im pretty sure even kill them as they are walking on the pads and its obnoxiously loud and noisy for everyone in the thing.

That's fun for a while but I think it's more interesting to stalk people going to the comm relays, especially if they are in the process of clearing out the pirates in order to do one of the quests. Let them kill all the NPC's, wait for them to exit their ship, and then blow their ship up, leaving them stranded and with no way to continue the quest. Bonus points if they are alive and start asking in chat for somebody to come pick them up, because that just means new targets are coming.

You can also attack people but not kill them - they will usually flee and head for the repair station to get fixed up. Follow them, let them land and get repaired, and then blow them up before they take off. For some reason most Shitizens expect everybody to follow some kind of space-bushido code as to where you won't attack them on the repair platforms, so they tend to get really upset about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I think Octopode might have been kidnapped by Isis after he doxxed himself. :ohdear:

Do they send the special forces in when government toilet janitors get kidnapped?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just in case anyone had any lingering doubt about what Mark Hamill meant when he said CRoberts was like George Lucas, this is how he signs Star Wars trading cards

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Romes128 posted:

*writes negative review*
*does not recommend*
*50 hours logged*

lol.

Reviews like that are always amusing. Some of the Elite: Dangerous steam user reviews have like 300-500 hours logged, Not Recommended.

Like, you played the game for 500 hours, I think you got your money's worth

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Xaerael posted:

I think Octopode might have been kidnapped by Isis after he doxxed himself. :ohdear:

Do they send the special forces in when government toilet janitors get kidnapped?

it depends, only if octopode has LTI

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

So SQ42 is supposed to release in 2016 right? so that gives them what, maybe 6 months to get it into a feature complete state so they can start cleaning bugs (lol). Unless they plan to release the "finished" product in the same state as 2.0.

They will release SQ42 alpha 1.0 on PTU in december. It will include the morrow tour, the main city hub and four missions where you float into an abandoned space station and press a button.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

So SQ42 is supposed to release in 2016 right? so that gives them what, maybe 6 months to get it into a feature complete state so they can start cleaning bugs (lol). Unless they plan to release the "finished" product in the same state as 2.0.
Lets put it into perspective with FFXV, which had an incredibly long and troubled early production.The original FFXV, Versus XIII, never actually got into full production. They would come out with tech demos, but no actual vertical slices, because production never got that far. Eventually the game was shelved and rebooted for the ps4 in 2013, still using assets from the original version. Those assets would eventually start to change as the final release for the game draws closer, as some elements of the story have changed.

They've had proper playable tech demos since 2014, they had a vertical slice (a chunk of the actual final game) some 9 months ago bundled in another game. Like 1 month ago they announced that the game story scenarios were finished and could be played from start to finish in their latest builds. That the remainder of the development time was going to be spent optimizing and adding more side content. No one expects this game to be out till like 3rd quarter 2016 at the earliest.

I just dont see how SQ42 could realistically come out in 2016 when everything points at them still being like 2 years behind other large scale games in their production timetable.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Is'nt star citizen up to like 6 games now, with 3 - 4 episodes that your going to have to pay separately for? At a cost that is 100x e:d when you are paying hundreds - thousands for the ships themselves?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Can you use your $1500 dollar ships in SQ42?

If not... :gary:

(Who am I kidding - it's just as funny if you can.)

(And how can they balance a single-player game if they don't know what your ship and/or loadout is???)

(Parentheses.)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HJE-Cobra posted:

Reviews like that are always amusing. Some of the Elite: Dangerous steam user reviews have like 300-500 hours logged, Not Recommended.

Steam includes the time that Elite's launcher is open as time played. I have not played Elite for 220 hours, but that's what it says on my account.

kikkelivelho posted:

Well Erin Roberts made the mistake of saying that SQ42 would be released in a "final, polished" state so expectations are that the game would actually be finished when its released. Of course I doubt a little thing like your Executive Producer saying something like that will get in the way of marketing so who knows what we'll get. It should be noted that "releasing" SQ42 doesn't mean you'll get the full game. Early on they said that they plan on starting with ten missions (out of seventy) and then doing periodic updates after that. Of course that still core fundamental gameplay mechanics to be functional and polished and there's a lot left to be done. Given the level of progress shown between AC 1.0 and AC 2.0 I do not think the game will be released in 2016.

Crash74 posted:

Is'nt star citizen up to like 6 games now, with 3 - 4 episodes that your going to have to pay separately for? At a cost that is 100x e:d when you are paying hundreds - thousands for the ships themselves?

As of right now there are four "games" planned. Three episodes of Squadron 42 (of which even the original backers still have to pay for the third) and then Star Citizen.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Given the level of progress shown between AC 1.0 and AC 2.0 I do not think the game will be released in 2016.

Easy to say when you haven't seen their internal build of AC 3.0, their quality of life pass (AC 4.0) and their marketing release (Photoshop 7).

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

watch SM showing how beautiful Port Olisar is

start watching at 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzX2xjGoM8

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
You know he's a lying moron when he can't even get the facts right. I never asked for my pledge back.
Derek I like you really but he's a moron because he gave them $1000 because, he says, of you warning people about the issues CIG faces. You don't need to correct the facts for someone like that, you can just enjoy the wonder that he exists, laugh and laugh some more.

Someone being wrong on the internet bugs me too but sometimes you just have to admit to yourself that the task of correcting them is too large and thankless, so all you can is just enjoy the wrongness as free entertainment.

Ah yeah, but you're assuming that he's telling the truth. Hence my point about him being a lying moron. Without proof, and given that we're talking about a bunch of lunatics, his claim (notwithstanding the fact that he got the facts about my refund incorrect) to have done that, should be regarded as false.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Upvotes are whatevs, you get more attention since the default is "Whoever has the most upvotes gets placed higher in the comments".

Downvotes after -5 don't really do anything. But hitting -5 means your comment is automatically hidden and you have to click [expand] it to view it. There's no real way of getting around it either. So even if what you say is 100% factual and right, 5-6 chucklefucks could downvote you and hide your comment from the masses.

You have an overall reputation but no one cares, and you have a sub-reddit reputation. Having a bad sub-reddit reputation limits your posting capabilities on whatever sub you are hated in.

Edit: Think of the -5 threshold as the ignore function here. You can hide someones posts, but for everyone instead of just yourself.

Thanks, and to Melkor, too!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Ah yeah, but you're assuming that he's telling the truth. Hence my point about him being a lying moron. Without proof, and given that we're talking about a bunch of lunatics, his claim (notwithstanding the fact that he got the facts about my refund incorrect) to have done that, should be regarded as false.

I think it's pretty well established that words like "reality" and "truth" are pretty well divorced from their traditional meanings where citizens are concerned.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

imperialparadox posted:

MeLKoR posted:

Oh yeah, no one is going to kill themselves when this goes belly up. :smith:

Holy poo poo it's hard to believe this stuff is real.

No way that poo poo's real.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Young Freud posted:

There's a reason people have been trying to get bootleg servers up for SWG.

I keep saying that the problem with virtual worlds like Second Life (outside of the obvious stuff) is that you're free to do whatever you want but there's little incentive to do anything you want. There's no resource management, so you can spawn as much as you want and whatever you want, and there's no real in-game threats, so there's little you can do that has consequences or challenge. SWG was kind of that bridge between MMOs and actual virtual worlds, where you had freedom to do whatever you pleased and you weren't trapped by the confines of a game quest line but there was still plenty of challenge that it made doing stuff worthwhile. It even allowed you to get creative, by allowing you to name and color weapons and armor, add text to objects, and organize clips of music or snippets of dance animations into a cohesive whole, so you could create individualized experiences within the game. I remember playing SWG before it ended and I recall going to some goon's shop in game, where they had made mannequins of Zapp Brannigan and Kif, complete with authentic-looking uniforms and spouting lines of dialogue in chat.

SWG had fantastic stuff. So much that I want to redo in my style, if only I had the resources for it. But that's what MMOs are for. Design, then implement in an iterative fashion, right?

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Serious Post: How much cash could chris, his bro, and sandi have conceivably syphoned off the 104 mill into other shell corporations and eventually into unamed grand cayman bank accounts? Would 10 mill be too large with the amount of people / offices that get paid for?

E: How much are they paying themselves? Are sandi and chris getting fat ceo pay checks? 2-3 mill a year? + fat pay checks from the other shell corporations? Not serious: Plus running up company credit cards for all thoes bikini waxes...

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 29, 2015

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Crash74 posted:

Serious Post: How much cash could chris, his bro, and sandi have conceivably syphoned off the 104 mill into other shell corporations and eventually into unamed grand cayman bank accounts? Would 10 mill be too large with the amount of people / offices that get paid for?

I don't think they need to siphon anything, to be honest. Between paying himself and his wife exorbitant salaries, and interspersing their personal expenses with company expenses, Chris has done just fine for himself.

Counter-Serious Post: Based on some of the posts I've read in the last couple of days from citizens (aka "I'm gonna sell my farm"), isn't it at least plausible to assume that these people will keep paying Chris forever? Why should we assume that 2016 will be "the year?" These people look like they're able to forgive, and hand-wave, practically everything that gets thrown at them.

What would it take for farm-boy, for example, to finally look at things and say, "Wait a minute..... I'VE BEEN HAD!"

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Their operation is such a tangled web, I don't think anyone could realistically answer that. Pick a number between 0 and 104 million.

Crash74 posted:

Not serious: Plus running up company credit cards for all thoes bikini waxes...
You're not serious, but there are rumours they're funding their lifestyle directly on the company dime, on top of whatever salary they're getting.

There have been some very expensive sports cars parked outside their offices for example. Rented mansions have been mentioned.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 29, 2015

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
Really enjoying this thread so far, just one question: what's the Parp?

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Scruffpuff posted:

I don't think they need to siphon anything, to be honest. Between paying himself and his wife exorbitant salaries, and interspersing their personal expenses with company expenses, Chris has done just fine for himself.

Counter-Serious Post: Based on some of the posts I've read in the last couple of days from citizens (aka "I'm gonna sell my farm"), isn't it at least plausible to assume that these people will keep paying Chris forever? Why should we assume that 2016 will be "the year?" These people look like they're able to forgive, and hand-wave, practically everything that gets thrown at them.

What would it take for farm-boy, for example, to finally look at things and say, "Wait a minute..... I'VE BEEN HAD!"

If this is not the end game then what is the purpose of all the shell corporations? Tax evasion?

They could proably do a sale on a monthly basis if they did a new ship every time and still pull in 3-4 mill off the suckers.

E: Its like pokemon for man children with too much autism and not enough common since, got to collect all the thousand dollar space ships. At least when they were collecting pokemon their parents could tell little billy to gently caress off with that dum poo poo.
EE: Sandi is a loving genius for figuring out how to milk these nerds for everything they are worth. Humm how can i do this to people? If you are reading this sandi you should do one of thoes seminars... :doh: poo poo you got me too...

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 29, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Ah yeah, but you're assuming that he's telling the truth.

No, I wasn't, it's impossible to tell if he's pretending to be really stupid or is really stupid. I know they refunded you just because you wrote a blog post etc. So I was jealous of the fact that you got an idiot to spend $1000 (if true) and hope you never use your apparent super powers for evil.

Edit - I actually like the fact that we appear to be disagreeing about exactly how stupid Star Citizens are and despite them setting up a hate reddit based around you, you still apparently have a higher opinion of their intelligence than I do.

AP fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 29, 2015

Oppressor
Nov 6, 2011

What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent.

D_Smart posted:

Holy poo poo it's hard to believe this stuff is real.

Had it to see it for myself.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6167455/#Comment_6167455
People are actually encouraging the person in said thread.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Fados posted:

Really enjoying this thread so far, just one question: what's the Parp?

The parp is all. The parp sees all. The parp knows. When we realize the wrongness in our hate towards his holiness Rev L Ron Croberts, we will raise our arms to the air and, in unison, unite with The parp and smile, for The parp will forgive us, and accept all forms of credit and debit card.

:gary: :20bux: :yarg:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

HJE-Cobra posted:

What if you sat there with a scowl on your face for 500 hours because you couldn't EVA to poo poo in another roleplayer's mouth?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

Easy to say when you haven't seen their internal build of AC 3.0, their quality of life pass (AC 4.0) and their marketing release (Photoshop 7).

Remember when they released new jpeg concept art and it was literally just an old jpeg pallet swapped? They even forgot to completely rub out all the lines pointing to things on the old jpeg

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6171235/#Comment_6171235

:smith:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Even in this post "It will be years before I get a return on my dollar" YOU'RE NOT GETTING RETURNS YOU DUMB gently caress

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

If that PI of theirs pays half as much attention to their own forums as to this one, he'll know who he really ought to be watching. :smith:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

How quick did take to ban that guy? 30 seconds?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Crash74 posted:

How quick did take to ban that guy? 30 seconds?

CIG Forum Moderator Job Application

How fast can you :f5: ?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Grand Admiral $2500+

Ouch, too bad he didn't come to his senses while there were easy refunds

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Maybe we're the crazy ones?

I can't stop thinking about it
even at work I keep checking the thread, looking at rsi forums for stuff to screencap
I already made 4 or 5 shitposts today but then today I saw that incredibly stupid reddit post and oh boy
i just couldn't hold back
my hands are shaking as I put them to the keys

Hey thread, do you think I need help or just to post more?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

EminusSleepus posted:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

EminusSleepus posted:

I like when he destroys a ship for no reason then lands on the wreckage and wonders why some random person seems to be shooting at him with their sidearm. Attention span of a weasel on crack.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Happy Sisyphus posted:

even at work I keep checking the thread, looking at rsi forums for stuff to screencap
I already made 4 or 5 shitposts today but then today I saw that incredibly stupid reddit post and oh boy

Dude take a chill pill and post some cat pix or something man...

Or you know you could go outside and do stuff... Right... Right?!?

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 29, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Never not post

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
That farm guy is a cool dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Happy Sisyphus posted:

You should absolutely post more. Buy avs for everyone, too. Also upgrade everyone's accounts.

• Locked thread