Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I have found happiness and it's :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash74
May 11, 2009

fuzzknot posted:

Buy avs for everyone, too. Also upgrade everyone's accounts.
marry xmas

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 29, 2015

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I was following along with "I'm sad that there are still people, after all that CIG has done, that believe this game is..." and then I totally lost where he was going.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Happy Sisyphus posted:

That guy just implied that an unreleased space game is his source of true happiness.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
that's i dunno, sorta buddhist i guess

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Any updates on the bird mechanics?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

serious norman posted:

real time evolution of beak shapes

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Berious posted:

Grand Admiral $2500+

Ouch, too bad he didn't come to his senses while there were easy refunds
How many of these people have also spent a grand or two upgrading or buying new computers to run the game already? That would be an interesting poll. Not to mention the few that spent additional money on custom desks, chairs, and even renovated their entire room to look like a spaceship bridge.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

notacult.jpg

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

I'm been like hollow, death too

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

same

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
He's right about the not even a game part.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

Like, my game design knowledge is hobbyist at best with UE4, but the fact they haven't even bothered to add any sort of economy thing like mining, trading, cargo, or whatever, is astounding at this stage of development. Like, it's mind boggling to consider a space game has been in development for this long and they don't even have anything to show for it.

It's like if they were building a city builder game and haven't even shown a working example of roads or zoning because they were too busy modeling v4 of the Sears Tower. Or like a Sims type game where they sold a hundred different types of hats yet no pictures exist of any sort of house let alone architectural tools.

^this

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

wicked same

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:agreed:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Sale over, they did well. 4 million in a very short space of time, following a large November sale and a large October sale. Credit where it's due shipping 2.0 broken as it is was important. Wonder how long before the serious rumbles about fixing it will start.

Well, I predicted (and said) that's precisely what they would do (ship it broken, regardless) because it's the biggest money stream they have. Next up: SQ42 musings.

They have made quite a bit of money this qtr, not sure how it compares to 2014 of the same period as I haven't yet run the numbers. Have you?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

We're making fun of people for spending over 100 million dollars on a game that doesn't exist.
We've spent 950 pages making fun of something that doesn't actually exist.
We're making fun . of . Something .that .isn't.tangible.
Maybe we're the crazy ones?

Yes. We're all crazy. That's the beauty of it all.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding, if you filter reviews for the last month it's nothing but dozens and dozens of barely disguised SC copy/pasta hahaha. Wow, it must really sting to watch some other game deliver on everything you trusted CR to deliver.

Yeah, they've been doing the same thing on the LOD Steam pages.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

jaegerx posted:

Source your quotes
some guy I met in a bar. we had a few drinks now I own 8 cutlasses

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

serious norman posted:

They're working on implementing a special bird that has a chicken head with duck feet, with a woman's face too.

It'll be waiting in the bushes for us.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crash74 posted:

Serious Post: How much cash could chris, his bro, and sandi have conceivably syphoned off the 104 mill into other shell corporations and eventually into unamed grand cayman bank accounts? Would 10 mill be too large with the amount of people / offices that get paid for?

E: How much are they paying themselves? Are sandi and chris getting fat ceo pay checks? 2-3 mill a year? + fat pay checks from the other shell corporations? Not serious: Plus running up company credit cards for all thoes bikini waxes...

I'd be incredibly surprised if the top brass siphoned less than 20% for themselves between wages and "dividends".

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

No, I wasn't, it's impossible to tell if he's pretending to be really stupid or is really stupid. I know they refunded you just because you wrote a blog post etc. So I was jealous of the fact that you got an idiot to spend $1000 (if true) and hope you never use your apparent super powers for evil.

Edit - I actually like the fact that we appear to be disagreeing about exactly how stupid Star Citizens are and despite them setting up a hate reddit based around you, you still apparently have a higher opinion of their intelligence than I do.

Good points. And you're right; I should be content with the fact that, true or false, a complete moron would see (and post) it fit to spend $1000 on vaporware to spite me.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

How is he not banned yet and the thread locked?

ps: poo poo. he spent over $2,500 on this crap.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fados posted:

Really enjoying this thread so far, just one question: what's the Parp?

And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
- Revelation 8:13

:yarg: :gary:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

I'd be incredibly surprised if the top brass siphoned less than 20% for themselves between wages and "dividends".

how much is ben getting? +/- 24k?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crash74 posted:

Ben is paid in pizza.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Crash74 posted:

175/90

Crash74
May 11, 2009
^ yes

MeLKoR posted:

Ben is paid in pizza.

lol they have a pizza trough out back with a bucket of soda in his pen.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Can you cook and eat the birds?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

This has a hunger meter, right? It's not immersive enough without both a hunger and thirst meter. If you fill them too high you should get slower.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

They have made quite a bit of money this qtr, not sure how it compares to 2014 of the same period as I haven't yet run the numbers. Have you?

I didn't see any reason to, I think 2015 is better than 2014 overall, but they had to release more and sell more than ever before to do it, it's not easy anymore. I think it's shifting towards the "is what's out there any good?" stage for new punters and I have no idea how successful they'll be at fixing 2.0. So citizens may believe 2016 will in turn be better than 2015 but I think it's far more complicated than that.

I'd assume the novelty of 2.0 is going to wear off in a few weeks for current backers without some improvements and they are going to expect real progress in 2016.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Space Skeleton posted:

This has a hunger meter, right? It's not immersive enough without both a hunger and thirst meter. If you fill them too high you should get slower.

of course it has them also you will have to go to the bathroom that's why it's important to buy pledge and receive as a gift a ship with a toilet

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I WON CUSTODY OF MY KID BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY NOW I GET SPACESHIP JPGS TO FLY IN DA VERSE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lowtax posted:

I WON CUSTODY OF MY KID BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY NOW I GET SPACESHIP JPGS TO FLY IN DA VERSE

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Lowtax posted:

I like the use of the word "another".

I think buying vaporware JPEGS is reason enough, TBH.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Lowtax posted:

It's the same forum post, star citizen also makes me a lot happier than my stupid disappointing children

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Parent of the year here folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Will you be able to tame a bird and keep it as a pet?

• Locked thread