Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
CM Punk isn't even on good terms with his own mother, so yeah, I'm sure he's just waiting to patch things up with WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Punk should go to LU as a masked man who shoots lightning out of his hands.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Punk on LU as a cult leader would be pretty rad actually, though I think Mil kind of has that concept locked down what with the Disciples.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

The Stardust VS Goldust feud was hot

No it wasn't.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Punk should go to LU and be an entitled whiny baby demanding main events because we all know the best gimmicks are the ones where the wrestlers are just being themselves

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

When is Punk's UFC fight, and what are the odds that WWE spends an absurd amount of time mocking him on Raw by giving Adam Rose or someone a comedy MMA gimmick? I'm thinking a 96% chance.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Come on Mixed Martial Archie appearance (and subsequent squash)

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

BodyMassageMachine posted:

When is Punk's UFC fight, and what are the odds that WWE spends an absurd amount of time mocking him on Raw by giving Adam Rose or someone a comedy MMA gimmick? I'm thinking a 96% chance.

I would be surprised if he actually ever fought tbh, it keeps being postponed bc he's not ready yet but maybe that's more because he's a 38 year old broken down wrestler and less because he just needs a few more weeks in the gym

And that's probably for the best. I like Punk and I don't want to see him murdered for some ridiculous vanity thing

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He's also probably pretty happy just sitting on his millions and being a Chicago landlord.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

super macho dude posted:

He's also probably pretty happy just sitting on his millions and being a Chicago landlord.

He sold his tour bus for two years supply of Pepsi.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I want to see him beat a couple nobodies then get destroyed when he faces a name.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

HerraS posted:

Punk should go to LU and be an entitled whiny baby demanding main events because we all know the best gimmicks are the ones where the wrestlers are just being themselves

Except in LU where the best gimmicks are Literally A Dragon and Literally An Undead Guy and Zombie Pope and Spaceship Man.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Jesus Christ

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
To be fair, people who are poor are human garbage and most of them own fridges and toilets so gently caress them, they've got plenty.

#Poorpeopleeattoomuch

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Gulag.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Untrue, he was once employed by Paul Heyman.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Atticus Finch posted:

Untrue, he was once employed by Paul Heyman.

Jobs involve getting paid.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Great White Hope posted:

Jobs involve getting paid.

it's true

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I would be surprised if he actually ever fought tbh, it keeps being postponed bc he's not ready yet but maybe that's more because he's a 38 year old broken down wrestler and less because he just needs a few more weeks in the gym

And that's probably for the best. I like Punk and I don't want to see him murdered for some ridiculous vanity thing

He actually got injured.
Not that that fact is unrelated to him being a 38 year old broken down wrestler, but the reason given wasn't a lack of skill.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

CM Punk isn't even on good terms with his own mother, so yeah, I'm sure he's just waiting to patch things up with WWE.

His brother, too. His brother stole money from their backyard fed and Punk hasn't talked to him since. They were teenagers when it happened.

I hope he never comes back. I am a huge, unabashed fan of his, and I'm glad he got the last laugh (assuming he doesn't lose the lawsuit). The wrestling business is a cruel, illogical meat grinder and I'm glad he got out with his wits, bank account and health (mostly) intact.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Come on Mixed Martial Archie appearance (and subsequent Wrestlemania 33 main event title victory)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I don't think Mixed Martial Archie has cared too much about the WWE since his friend Archibald's "Incident"

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

dsriggs posted:

I don't think Mixed Martial Archie has cared too much about the WWE since his friend Archibald's "Incident"

I tend to confuse my Chikara timelines, was this the Archie that got backfisted to the future by Eddie Kingston and travelled in time or was it the Archie that lost a "Loser leaves town" match and then aimlessly walked around the US for a year?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Every time someone brings up Punk in UFC y'all add to his age. By the time he fights it'll just be goons posting WELL THERE'S THE 96 YEAR OLD CRYBABY CM PUNK ABLOO BLOO BLOO

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mob posted:

Every time someone brings up Punk in UFC y'all add to his age. By the time he fights it'll just be goons posting WELL THERE'S THE 96 YEAR OLD CRYBABY CM PUNK ABLOO BLOO BLOO

Seems like every year he gets older.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Germansimp posted:

I tend to confuse my Chikara timelines, was this the Archie that got backfisted to the future by Eddie Kingston and travelled in time or was it the Archie that lost a "Loser leaves town" match and then aimlessly walked around the US for a year?

That's Wandering Archie.

Backfisted-by-Eddie-Kingston Archie only just arrived in the future.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Is Punk in the new UFC game coming out early next year? Seems pretty cool to be making those EA dollars without ever having a fight.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Memento posted:

Is Punk in the new UFC game coming out early next year? Seems pretty cool to be making those EA dollars without ever having a fight.

I don't think he's in it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Skeezy posted:

I don't think he's in it.

He is!

http://www.mmanews.com/ea-sports-ufc-2-coverage-roundup-roster-notes-hands-on-notes-more/

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Course he's in it

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ha, I might have to actually rent that for a bit just to take Punk to the top of the Octagon, assuming there's something like a career mode that doesn't involve a custom character. His stats had better be terrible though!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i'm sure his charisma stat will be high

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MisterGBH posted:

He sold his tour bus for two years supply of Pepsi.

I feel like that's undervaluing a goddamn tour bus.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cabbit posted:

I feel like that's undervaluing a goddamn tour bus.

Or underestimating the amount of Pepsi he drinks.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He'll be a dlc like Bruce Lee was in the last game. I sincerely hope they give him his lovely running knee to bulldog combo and a GTS just to make it extra ridiculous.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I hope you can springboard of the top of the octagon for his flying clothes that he blew like 30% of the time

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

dsriggs posted:

when was this?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That was during the Punk / Ryback feud shortly before the former quit. Ryback was sort of working his meathead bully gimmick and they had him squash geeks more than once during that run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

lmao