Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mike McCockchain posted:

These are amazing and you guys have got to try them!

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-bonbon-gift/peanut_butter_bonbons

I know $24 is a lot for 9 bonbons but they are worth every loving penny I assure you.

I remember bon bons from married with children.

a real classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

Lol she lies about everything so I'm not surprised.

On the other hand, both girls look like younger versions of Sandi to me, so I judge his post dumb.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller posted:

It is really hard to tell. They all use the same rhetoric and turns of phrase and they all praise the game unconditionally for the same stuff- but that could just be because the forums are a lovely echo chamber and anyone who doesn't think that way has been weeded out by overmoderation. That's why I'm only looking for brand new accounts or ones with just a couple of posts on them- it's a lot more suspicious when the account isn't a long term denizen but just drive-by posts a couple "Mindblowings" before disappearing forever.
I would never have thought a few posts from a single thread could make me so tired of seeing the word mind-blowing.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Mirificus posted:

Rob Rocket keeps on posting that image everywhere from the Star Citizen Support Group thread to a hiding from pirate's and now this one.

No other game lets us sit in a useless asteroid field with a background of space we can't access

So immerse, so roleplay

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I used the rest of my star citizen refund to buy some homeless guys some lunch. I was disappointed when they didn't give me some jpgs for my donation, but I was treated to a very nice star citizen fan fiction set in some place called Nam.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
^ needs more sandi and chris credits.

Sarsapariller posted:

It is really hard to tell. They all use the same rhetoric and turns of phrase and they all praise the game unconditionally for the same stuff- but that could just be because the forums are a lovely echo chamber and anyone who doesn't think that way has been weeded out by overmoderation. That's why I'm only looking for brand new accounts or ones with just a couple of posts on them- it's a lot more suspicious when the account isn't a long term denizen but just drive-by posts a couple "Mindblowings" before disappearing forever.

They will eventually do what ea did with sim city (the lovely one) and hire a chinese ad firm to post fake reviews (5 stars), post positive comments on fourms, and tweet about the great success that the game was.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 29, 2015

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Since Sandi has no skills or talents, she does have a lot of time on her hands. I wouldn't be surprised if posted all over the internet; here as a "reasonable" critic, there as a fan, other places as a rabid fan.

Perhaps entire threads on the CIG forums (maybe even Farmer John's) are just her talking to herself with different names, "acting" like different people, and entire conversations are just her all by herself.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Libluini posted:

On the other hand, both girls look like younger versions of Sandi to me, so I judge his post dumb.

That hurts, man.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

I did the same for ours

Fuckin awesome

I would buy a used car from this cat.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Ars Technica - Harbingers of failure: meet the customers you don’t want to love your product

quote:

A central premise in marketing seems so obvious that it doesn’t even bear scrutiny: if customers give you positive feedback on your product, that’s good. And if those people buy the product repeatedly, that's even better.

But what if certain customers just don’t have great taste? Or, more precisely, what if their tastes don’t match up with those of the rest of the population? Positive feedback and early sales from these customers might actually not be good news—they could be a sign that the product’s going to tank.

A recent paper in the Journal of Marketing Research has identified a group of customers whose support for a product is a “harbinger of failure,” a signal that the product will eventually flop. “Increased sales of a new product by some customers can actually be a strong signal of future failure,” researchers write. So who are these people?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oh lordy!

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Mirificus posted:

Rob Rocket keeps on posting that image everywhere from the Star Citizen Support Group thread to a hiding from pirate's and now this one.
[img] x3 of people sperging over spaceships *

Can the new Gimmick be throwing in images of other space games and making nerds wet thinking they are from SC.
Just photoshop a Hornet / Constilation in EvE screens.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Libluini posted:

Tell your friend I'm betting :10bux: that he won't be able to make ten people stranded there.

That would mean the stranded people had friends. No time for friends in the 'verse! More JPEGs to buy!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Motherfucker how is their moderation track record good when their moderation track record is the forum you are bitching about?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

Still better quality than star citizen

More content too

Plus it finally went RTM.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Wafflz posted:

I would buy a used car from this cat.

That cat could still make a video game better than Chris Roberts. I'd buy a video game from that cat.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mike McCockchain posted:

These are amazing and you guys have got to try them!

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-bonbon-gift/peanut_butter_bonbons

I know $24 is a lot for 9 bonbons but they are worth every loving penny I assure you.

Sorry but I only eat GMO peanuts.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

That hurts, man.

Sorry, but maybe next time you should show more evidence then pictures which say the exact opposite of what you claim. :colbert:

That said, Star Citizen is weird enough on it's own, no need to go watch Sandi's old movies to find out if she was really in them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sandi is such an acting unknown that its impossible to see her in the past.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fuzzknot posted:

That cat could still make a video game better than Chris Roberts. I'd buy a video game from that cat.

pretty sure that cat could sell a ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sandi is such an acting unknown that its impossible to see her in the past.

She just doesn't show up on camera.

Because she's a vampire, see.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Wafflz posted:

pretty sure that cat could sell a ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves

Let's hope CIG doesn't employ that cat. :ohdear:

(Kudos on the Tommy Boy reference, though.)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Because she's a vampire, see.

I don't believe that because I'm superstitious. I believe it cause I know she sucks.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

:stare:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I don't believe that because I'm superstitious. I believe it cause I know she sucks.

Sucks people wallets dry ohohohoo!

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

My cat lives for poo poo like this ha ha

Yes.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I enjoy the thought that some people take this game so seriously that they seriously read every single post in this thread trying to stay on top of what goons are up to.

Not even we read the entire thread, everyone just skips to the most recent post and reads the last few to catch up.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I will on boring days at work like today, but yeah gently caress that normally. I have better poo poo to do.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Renegret posted:

Not even we read the entire thread, everyone just skips to the most recent post and reads the last few to ketchup.

FTFY

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Thronde posted:

I will on boring days at work like today, but yeah gently caress that normally. I have better poo poo to do.

well...

yeah...me too...

I'm not proud of it though.

Thank you thread for moving so fast so I had something to do today. You know, Instead of working.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

catsup

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I just want to know what module update will allow me to incubate bird eggs by sitting on them for weeks and then once they hatch, allow me to chew up worms and spit the food into the babies mouths. This is very important to my feeling of true realism in space travel.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

well...

yeah...me too...

I'm not proud of it though.

Thank you thread for moving so fast so I had something to do today. You know, Instead of working.

Unironically same.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

:golfclap:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Sucks people wallets dry ohohohoo!

:boom:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I just want to know what module update will allow me to incubate bird eggs by sitting on them for weeks and then once they hatch, allow me to chew up worms and spit the food into the babies mouths. This is very important to my feeling of true realism in space travel.

You want the farm module* for the Endeavor.

* incubator sold separately

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure Lowtax is looking for the Squawk Box.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Balsa wood physics aside, this does look like fun.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does Croberts know Sandi's been faking it all those years?
One the one hand there's her acting skill, on the other he's got his head too far up his own arse. They just may be perfect for each other.

• Locked thread