Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I'm seriously contemplating banning anybody on the forums who believes in Star Citizen.

Does that mean you will ban yourself?

edit for clarification: How can you not believe in the game that according to some older posts was single handedly putting your daughter through college? Bootcha had a link somewhere to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't think he's a backer

someone apologized for mentioning SC and luring him out of the auspol thread in d&d

I can understand participating in this thread without having ever backed SC (I am one of these people) but I cannot understand doing it on the pro-sc side. :stare:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

grimcreaper posted:

huh?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

You beat my edit Lowtax. You are a fast poster.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lowtax posted:

I'm seriously contemplating banning anybody on the forums who believes in Star Citizen.

Would you like to read my fanfiction?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Lowtax posted:

Star Citizen Concentration camp time?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if star citizen would qualify for tax exemption for being a religious organization. They got the holy texts part down pat.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm channeling my inner Eonwe now to help the thread reach 1000

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Xaerael posted:

Star Citizen Concentration camp time?
there do seem to be a lot of furries in that community

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

im glad of it

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

grimcreaper posted:

edit for clarification: How can you not believe in the game that according to some older posts was single handedly putting your daughter through college? Bootcha had a link somewhere to it.
forums revenue is lowest since 2002, so I doubt I'm raking in the big bucks here

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

namaste

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I just realized, posting while drunk is not a good idea. I almost began to defend CiG and Chrs Roberts. Goodbye for the res of the day people. Hope you enjoy your day.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Would Star Citizen qualify for another gaming garbage LPs by Lowtax or it it too bad even by freeware gamemaker alpha standards?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Lowtax posted:

forums revenue is lowest since 2002, so I doubt I'm raking in the big bucks here

Well then. I am sorry to hear that. Ill look at getting the ads upgrad later when i feel more comfortable holding my credit card so i dont make bad purchase decisions. I lerned from friends not to buy things while im drinking. Its bad and hilarious, but mostly bad.

edit: also, Citizens taught me not to spend anything becuase i might get a jpeg.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lowtax posted:

Do you have such a rule for Scientologists on the forums? Because it's sorta similarly cult-ish by this point and I'd apply a similar line of reasoning TBH.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

There's not many left or at least they don't post anymore and we'd never get to know new people like Karl half as well as we do.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
:gary::wom::yarg:

I will contribute a non refund shitpost to help to page 1000. Because this thread, much like the Ouya and Bitcoin threads has entertained me for far longer than is probably healthy.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm bringing back my smiley

:yarg:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lowtax posted:

But, surely, with this thread attracting such people as Seraph84 and his many many alts as well as other SC fanatics in due time, it will improve.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
It's really hard to pick my favorite Star Citizen moment so far. It might've been when Croberts responded to the Escapist article by blaming it on Gamergate. That was when I knew Star Citizen had exceeded my wildest expectations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we just need to find the next dangan ronpa

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Whenever I go through hyperspace in star citizen it just gives me goosebumps, so nostalgia. Thank you Chris roberts for making dreams come true

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gizz:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yesterday I fired up the Star Citizen launcher to get updates or whatever and it was flashing all crazy so I minimized the window after a minute but the flashing was still visible where the window was so I closed it but it was still there so I signed out and it was still there so I rebooted to no avail so I unplugged everything, used a different computer and input, and the ghosted Star Citizen logo was still loving there, flashing away.

It went away after running LCD conditioning for a bit but that's my story about how Chris Roberts almost ruined my monitor.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Adventure Pigeon posted:

It's really hard to pick my favorite Star Citizen moment so far. It might've been when Croberts responded to the Escapist article by blaming it on Gamergate. That was when I knew Star Citizen had exceeded my wildest expectations.

Watching my grandpa try to use a computer on a live stream was p rad

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :negative:

If you let the buttcoiners stay why would you do this? If you prick a shitizen does he not bleed? If you tickle them do they not laugh?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lowtax posted:

You should start selling spaceship jpgs!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive thought about doing gaming streams before and like one night a week doing a bad game stream and playing games like star citizen

but then I remembered id be putting in a lot of effort to get like, 5 viewers and i decided it was easier to just play video games

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Just promise them dreams beyond their imaginations and they'll buy any and all forum upgrades you can churn out!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :negative:

If you let the buttcoiners stay why would you do this? If you prick a shitizen does he not bleed? If you tickle them do they not laugh?

if you offer them jpgs do they not buy?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
this thread has made me spend $25 more on the forums than i would otherwise

where's my parade jpeg

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

ive thought about doing gaming streams before and like one night a week doing a bad game stream and playing games like star citizen

but then I remembered id be putting in a lot of effort to get like, 5 viewers and i decided it was easier to just play video games

same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

this thread has made me spend $25 more on the forums than i would otherwise

where's my parade jpeg

I think I've spent about $30 buying my avatar back so far

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Darkpriest667 posted:

Hey now, as soon as I buy a 3000 dollar desk the first thing I do is take it up to work so I can use it!

When I shop for furniture I do so with my colleges so we can get matching sets for our homes.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
When Star Citizen crashes, it's going to be Jonestown all over again, only more embarrassing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Been thinking about song lyrics and how they relate to the shitstorm that is Star citizen, Animals by Muse is a good one :
Animal
You're an animal,
Don't take anything less.

Out of control.
You're out of control,
Strike those in distress.

Analyse
Advertise
Expand
Bend more rules,
Buy yourself an island.

Animals
We're animals,
Buy when blood is on the street.

Out of control.
We're out of control,
Crush those who beg at your feet.
Analyse
Franchise
Spread out
Kill the competition, And buy yourself an ocean.

Analyze, downsize, lay off, kill yourself come on and do us all a favour.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Ash1138 posted:

That's what I'm talking about. Star Citizen has been released. Content to be added in further iterations. It's the new game development paradigm, please try to keep up!

I was agreeing with you hahaha

edit: as i said earlier, I am one of the people who just the other day got hosed by the ToS and due to being in texas, am debating on filing a civil suit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BMan posted:

I'm bringing back my smiley

:yarg:

I had completely forgotten about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Racist.