Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Friendly Tumour posted:

excellent new tittle
Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Star citizen : We're flying a million miles an hour into an open grave

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Acquilae posted:

I don't listen to anything DJ Khaled says after he yells his name out at the beginning of the song.

TBF that's the best bit, but if you don't how will you ever put the hinges on your hands?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Have you guys ever made a meringue roulade? It's a delicious, light, yet decadent dessert. This is one of my favorites in the late summer when rhubarb is in season.

For the meringue

4 large egg whites
175g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted for dusting
For the filling
400g trimmed rhubarb
50g caster sugar
200ml double cream
1/2 tsp rosewater

First of all, line an approx. 2cm x 35cm x 25cm baking tray, completely lined with non-stick baking paper and lightly oiled.

Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C fan ovens/Gas 3

To make the meringue, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Using an electric whisk will make the job far easier. Add half of the caster sugar and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes.

Mix the cornfour into the remaining sugar, and add to the egg whites with the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whisk until you have a firm, glossy consistency, a bit like shaving foam. This will take a good few minutes. Spoon and spread into the prepared baking tray. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.

In the meantime, cut the rhubarb into 3-4cm lengths and place in a saucepan with the sugar and 1 tbsp of water. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of times with a metal spoon, trying not to let all of the pieces become too mushy.

Remove the cooked meringue from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, and then carefully turn out onto a piece of baking paper heavily dusted with icing sugar. Cool completely.

Whip the cream with the rose water until it forms soft peaks. Fold in the rhubarb and then spread over the meringue, leaving a border of about 2cm. Carefully and loosely roll the meringue lengthways into a fat cylinder shape. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.

PS,

The rhubarb can be swapped for any other fruits, such as cooked bramley apple, plums or gooseberries. Strawberries, raspberries or blackberries (about 400g) are also really lovely, especially if you puree half of them before folding into the cream.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Friendly Tumour posted:

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
I love the myriad of ways in which Star Citizens manifest their craziness.

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
This thread convinced me that Star Citizen was never coming out in time for me to get a full refund so, Thank you all for the reality check!

Shame on Chris Robber and Co. for deceiving sad nerds.

Hopefully when this entire poo poo show finally falls apart, his name will live on in infamy with other such visionaries like Bernie Madoff and Jeffery Skilling.

If you want to play a space game, play Elite: Dangerous. It is both cool and good, and as a bonus, it's also real and not just a fluffed and buffed turd of a tech demo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Guys guys you need to stop posting all that embarrassing poo poo on the RSI forums, they are on to us.

The false flag is down, I repeat, the false flag is down.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Moby Dickwulf

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously tho, lets take the time to appreciate the mods we have for games

they are funny and they just let people post as long as they don't take it too far

it'd be easier to probate people and stuff, but they are just good and cool and chill

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hanales posted:

Have you guys ever made a meringue roulade? It's a delicious, light, yet decadent dessert. This is one of my favorites in the late summer when rhubarb is in season.

For the meringue

4 large egg whites
175g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted for dusting
For the filling
400g trimmed rhubarb
50g caster sugar
200ml double cream
1/2 tsp rosewater

First of all, line an approx. 2cm x 35cm x 25cm baking tray, completely lined with non-stick baking paper and lightly oiled.

Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C fan ovens/Gas 3

To make the meringue, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Using an electric whisk will make the job far easier. Add half of the caster sugar and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes.

Mix the cornfour into the remaining sugar, and add to the egg whites with the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whisk until you have a firm, glossy consistency, a bit like shaving foam. This will take a good few minutes. Spoon and spread into the prepared baking tray. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.

In the meantime, cut the rhubarb into 3-4cm lengths and place in a saucepan with the sugar and 1 tbsp of water. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of times with a metal spoon, trying not to let all of the pieces become too mushy.

Remove the cooked meringue from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, and then carefully turn out onto a piece of baking paper heavily dusted with icing sugar. Cool completely.

Whip the cream with the rose water until it forms soft peaks. Fold in the rhubarb and then spread over the meringue, leaving a border of about 2cm. Carefully and loosely roll the meringue lengthways into a fat cylinder shape. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.

PS,

The rhubarb can be swapped for any other fruits, such as cooked bramley apple, plums or gooseberries. Strawberries, raspberries or blackberries (about 400g) are also really lovely, especially if you puree half of them before folding into the cream.

rhubarb is good as hell

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

MeLKoR posted:

Guys guys you need to stop posting all that embarrassing poo poo on the RSI forums, they are on to us.

The false flag is down, I repeat, the false flag is down.

No! Full steam ahead! Catch them unawares!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eonwe posted:

rhubarb is good as hell

it makes me fart and parp

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Eonwe posted:

seriously tho, lets take the time to appreciate the mods we have for games

they are funny and they just let people post as long as they don't take it too far

it'd be easier to probate people and stuff, but they are just good and cool and chill

Agreed

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm gonna have to ramp up my shitposting. I want a Ben av.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ysstd/why_does_nobody_here_think_that_the_fact_cig/cyg9mxo

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ysstd/why_does_nobody_here_think_that_the_fact_cig/cygal4d

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Eonwe posted:

rhubarb is good as hell

I eat several pounds of it a year. It's delicious raw dipped in sugar, or you can cook it down into a delicious tart sauce for ice cream.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

jump fuel can't melt plasteel beams

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I like doing buttstuff. It's true.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 31, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

I think Pubegate was my favorite Star Citizen thing that happened

I liked the Escapist pod cast with Star Citizen being explained to the hosts and them just in disbelief, laughing and laughing harder as more details are revealed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

OH REALLY CITIZEN HOW INTERESTING

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the fact that CIG had the stones to announce The Endeavor is also a highlight of this year.

Ah, space golf. I was wondering why that feature hadnt been announced. Now the whales have something to do

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

SirPhoebos posted:

This is wonderful :tipshat:

anytime =)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I liked Wank Pod discussion

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Star citizen : WARNING DETO-NATION IN 3, 2, 1......

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

If "CIG is trying to keep their forums from being toxic," they're doing a terrible job.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ysstd/why_does_nobody_here_think_that_the_fact_cig/

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

yeah thats true, Dickwulf being shielded by staff after harassing other community members and sending unsolicited dick pics was pretty mindboggling too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMZ8iFy4gTA

They invited him on the last Reverse the Verse, either that or he tracked them down to the new office and they were too scared to keep him out.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Idiot goon moron [stupidly]: Guh blurrrr bluh it's not even possible to have that much spaceships, because of all the physics contained therein

Chris Peters or whatever his name is [using Spice to fold space]: I'm sorry, what was that you said, I could not hear you because your mouth is full of penises (male).

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
For only 1000 dollars you can now imagine watching plants grow in space. Tech demo of the new aquaponics mini game available in two weeks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The highlight of last night was every time Star Citizen crashed after spending 30 minutes trying to get into the same server as my two friends.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Just like Stalin :ussr:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

keep your fingers entwined and stretch your arms so that your hands are level with your navel. now, imagine barely being able to touch your fingertips because your immense belly is in the way.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just like Stalin :russia:

Ten years from now Star Citizen is going to be so close to launch.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Idiot goon moron [stupidly]: Guh blurrrr bluh it's not even possible to have that much spaceships, because of all the physics contained therein

Chris Peters or whatever his name is [using Spice to fold space]: I'm sorry, what was that you said, I could not hear you because your mouth is full of penises (male).

lmao also accurate

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i love to put penises in my mouth and anus

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMZ8iFy4gTA

They invited him on the last Reverse the Verse, either that or he tracked them down to the new office and they were too scared to keep him out.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Friendly Tumour posted:

i love to put penises in my mouth and anus

someone once bought me a starbound avatar that said something like

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my rear end and mouth

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If we hit 1000 posts please make this background song for the thread.

No, if we hit 1000, bring back Smart Room. And make this the background song for the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Not everything is about buying ships (except for when it is please buy more ships)

• Locked thread