Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Someone give me something to say on the sc facebook page.

When does this game come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

It'll be two cockpits if you believe hard enough. Dreams. Fidelity. Buzzwords.

Those were so Wave 4.

Bring on the Wave 5 buzzwords!

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

The best moment this year was when goons found a racehorse named Star Citizen presumably bought by the swedish mafia who presumably gets a cut from CIG.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

HKS posted:

The best moment this year was when goons found a racehorse named Star Citizen presumably bought by the swedish mafia who presumably gets a cut from CIG.

Swedish House Mafia?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress I didn't realize they had confirmed a Wave 5. How about you deliver a loving game first?

Ben Lesnick on INNverse the 'Verse on Tuesday, June 9th

quote:

CIG will do a formal Wave 5 Concept Ship with Community Voting again !!!

They need a January sale, anything left from wave 4? I've stopped keeping track.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Thread

Should this be my new avatar at 1000?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

HKS posted:

Has Chris Roberts confirmed horses in game yet?

people love mounts and pay real money for them

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hello fellow Parpeteers!

To celebrate PC gaming being saved, the first two (2) posters to post their Steam profile links will get up to $15 of Internet Spaceship gaming as a gift! :wow:

Get Elite: Dangerous and smoosh slaves like that guy earlier today
Get Space Engineers and go build poo poo
Get a Line of Defense pack and give some Redditor an aneurysm
Get Rebel Galaxy and do some Firefly RP in the safety of your basement
Get XCom because gently caress it I don't care that much about it being an actual space sim and there's spacecraft in that

Post now! Get poo poo!

I can't promise that Sandi won't see your steam profile link and send you abusive messages though, so buyer beware!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Thread

Should this be my new avatar at 1000?

it looks good, I like it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think crobbers and his secret wife being puppet mastered by derek smart into writing a crazy rear end 20 page rant and putting a black guy with a hat that say 'money' in every livestream was the shining shitizen moment of 2015.

Derek Smart getting his own forum on something awful dot com was also pretty good.

Also bootcha's videos.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuckin lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tortolia posted:

Hello fellow Parpeteers!

To celebrate PC gaming being saved, the first two (2) posters to post their Steam profile links will get up to $15 of Internet Spaceship gaming as a gift! :wow:

Get XCom because gently caress it I don't care that much about it being an actual space sim and there's spacecraft in that

Post now! Get poo poo!

I can't promise that Sandi won't see your steam profile link and send you abusive messages though, so buyer beware!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotry

send dickpics pls

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tortolia posted:

Hello fellow Parpeteers!

Post now! Get poo poo!

Is Elite really only 15 bucks right now?

I should buy Elite.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tortolia posted:

Hello fellow Parpeteers!

Post now! Get poo poo!

I have all those. gently caress.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I just wrote "When does the actual game come out? I bought the game but it's just a demo right? This can't possibly be something that people payed money for right?"

and underneath my post(unrelated) a guy has written

"Just wanted to say that I deleted this Alpha game from my pc last night after coming to the realisation that I was giving to Robert Space Industries and getting nothing back in return. If a software company wants potential consumers to test its product ahead of a commercial release they need to to give careful thought to its testing strategy. I was annoyed that I had to fork out x amount of dollars to play this Alpha version of the game but I was even more annoyed by the fact that I didn't feel as though I had a 'voice'. After all I was paying for the privilege of making this game a better product ahead of its commercial release. Will wait for commercial release."

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 31, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Concierge black cards are shipppppinnnngggg

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/682263722492968961

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

yea im at work, but its basically her speech where she pretty obviously nearly stepped down

lol if you think that whole thing wasn't (poorly, as usual) staged

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo Wulf has no idea how much he creeps out the rest of CIG, does he?

Posts like this make me think there is hope for the world yet. Can you link to the Facebook thing?

Yeah here is the facebook page and I'll show you some screen shots of what was said. It's really quite sad.

Here are the images the last one is where they mention you. They really don't like Goons or CODE.

"bullies and SADISTS Don't fetish shame cultists.

Darkpriest667 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 31, 2015

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Real question: Why are any of these kinds of games fun? Elite and Star Citizen and Eve all seem like horrendous slogs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

its the honeypot for people who are worse with money than me

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Lowtax setup a patreon or soemthing so you can get some easy recurring revenue if the forums are struggling. Where would we post if SA ran out of cash? Reddit? Ugh. Voting on threaded comments is the worst way to have a discussion.

If loads of terrible youtube 'personalities' can make thousands a month...

This is my contribution to the 1000 thing.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I have all those. gently caress.

I mean it can be any spaceship game idgaf

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
lol the CEOs wife was going to resign and no one knew, good thing that lady showed up with a bunch of flowers right on time lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive never looked at her twitter, there is airbrushing, and then there is making a photo of an entirely different person

eonwe fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 31, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobotking posted:

Lowtax setup a patreon or soemthing so you can get some easy recurring revenue if the forums are struggling. Where would we post if SA ran out of cash? Reddit? Ugh. Voting on threaded comments is the worst way to have a discussion.

If loads of terrible youtube 'personalities' can make thousands a month...

This is my contribution to the 1000 thing.

for now you can do this

https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/donate.php

for $5 you can have some lipstick apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Darkpriest667 posted:

Yeah here is the facebook page and I'll show you some screen shots of what was said. It's really quite sad.

Here are the images the last one is where they mention you. They really don't like Goons or CODE.

"bullies and SADISTS Don't fetish shame cultists.

why people attach their IRL name & face to internet bullshit arguments is loving beyond me

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tortolia posted:

Hello fellow Parpeteers!

Post now! Get poo poo!

I'm excited for this to turn out to be an elaborate account-tracking plan by CIG's Blackguard.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044992452

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

:gary: :gizz:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

why people attach their IRL name & face to internet bullshit arguments is loving beyond me

They gotta hope that their boss just happens to be a closeted EVE fanatic (for instance), whom they just might impress with their sterling internet opinions.

Instead of just getting fired for spamming feed with poo poo no one IRL cares about.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So what happens when this thread hits 1k pages well before the new year?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Lowtax please post this last on page 1000 tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So what happens when this thread hits 1k pages well before the new year?

party

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star citizen will come out

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tortolia posted:

I mean it can be any spaceship game idgaf

How about Star Citizen?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress I didn't realize they had confirmed a Wave 5. How about you deliver a loving game first?

It should be evident by now that the actual factual gameplan from CIG is to just sell as many ships as they can, and never deliver.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I would donate 1$ a month to Lowtax's Forum-Drive.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

you fuckers i'm trying to get work done so i can take tomorrow off stop posting so much i can't keep up

lol j/k friends never stop posting :gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Eonwe posted:

Face? Well because then you know when you're giving me poo poo it's a human and not text on the screen. Full name... No idea... First name seems fine to me.. Last name... little stalkerish.. Unless you're Dick Wulfe Moby Dick.

• Locked thread