Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Astrofig posted:

So apparently the Duggars DO believe in divorce! One branch of them does, anyway:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2666041/amy-duggars-parents-file-for-divorce-terry-blames-deanna-for-intolerable-treatment/

I'm morbidly curious what their grounds are----is 'intolerable treatment' code for 'she once claimed not to be in the mood for sex and then started saying I'd raped her when we had sex anyway' ?

But...

...out of wedlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But...

...out of wedlock?

Looks like Jim Bob's sister is a dirty whore.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently he tried to kill their baby in 1992. Little bastard should have stayed on his blanket instead of being a selfish poo poo trying to ruin their marriage.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Uhoh, the big Duggar Sugar Daddy is saying he never supported Josh!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/huckabee-denies-supporting-josh-duggar

quote:

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee told an Iowa radio host last week that he never offered support to former reality TV star Josh Duggar after it was revealed that he sexually abused his sisters as a teenager.
When these shocking stories were first made public, Huckabee did not make the same effort to distance himself from Josh Duggar. On May 22, just one day after news of Duggar's past sexual abuse broke, the GOP candidate wrote a lengthy Facebook post accusing the media of sensationalizing the story and framing his actions as a regrettable youthful mistake.

"Good people make mistakes and do regrettable and even disgusting things," Huckabee wrote. "The reason that the law protects disclosure of many actions on the part of a minor is that the society has traditionally understood something that todays blood-thirsty media does not understandthat being a minor means that one's judgement [sic] is not mature."

In his interview on Des Moines-based radio station WHO last week, however, Huckabee told Conway, Ive never defended Josh and I dont defend him now because theres nothing to defend. What he did was absolutely hideously wrong and despicable.

So Mike didn't dig the Dugger that did the diddling, he only digs the Duggars that don't diddle.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

happyhippy posted:

Uhoh, the big Duggar Sugar Daddy is saying he never supported Josh!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/huckabee-denies-supporting-josh-duggar

So Mike didn't dig the Dugger that did the diddling, he only digs the Duggars that don't diddle.

bull loving poo poo huckabee.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Captain Yossarian posted:

This song came on at work WHILE I was reading this lol

What song is it?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

dreadspork posted:

I bet Jared is kicking himself right now for not being in a fundamentalist Christian cult.

Should change faith to Mormon, they have a big gender imbalance right now

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

:iceburn: from the Huckster

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That line at the end lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What song is it?

Dear future husband by that broke chick

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Sorry Huckabee we all saw it, way to bear false witness you worthless sack of poo poo. Good thing he will never be President.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
In the breeding pits of Jim Bob

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lord of Pie posted:

I'm sure his second choice is not the rapist who he pardoned http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/03/mike-huckabee-pardoned-convicted-killers-rapists/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.facebook.com/269181913180625/photos/a.269728809792602.55371.269181913180625/842969572468520/?type=3&theater

The Duggar plane is flying to Fundie rehab, Maybe Josh Bob is coming home?

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

mdm posted:

Good thing he will never be President.

Stranger things have happened.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

IronClaymore posted:

Stranger things have happened.

He has the charisma but he's just not smart enough, at least he has slightly more brains than Scott Walker did though

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So, my wife's watching that 'Counting on' show, and myyy god, is it annoying. A couple thoughts:

1. Poor Josiah :( Dude really should be a part of a family who won't light him on fire when he eventually comes out.
    2. Whatever pregnant duggar daughter who doesn't have 'the lips' says 'like' WAY too many times.
    3. I know reality shows cater to really the lowest common denominator, but I really can't stand those 'interview' bits that pop up between shots of people actually doing stuff. You know the kind, they're in every show ever now, so that the subject of whatever's going on can explain what's going on because people need that somehow. (Derrick: "When we were in South America, everyone there speaks a different language." Oh, YA DON'T SAY? :allears:)
    4. John David has, by far, the most unfortunate face ever. For all of his horribleness, Josh looks mostly normal, aside from balding at a youngish age. John David really is Jim Bob 2, and it's terrifying and gross.
    5. I realize that I only really, actually hate 3 duggars: Josh, Michelle and James Robertty Bim Job. Everyone else is annoying to just whatever, but those three... Those are some hosed up people.

I find it really strange how they refuse to mention El Salvador by name, just Central America, and the locals as "Latinos."

I guess going to a country literally called The Saviour to convert people to Christianity would sound a bit weird, but I'd bet most Duggar fans speak Spanish about as well as Derrick.

Also they keep saying they're "walking through" Josh being a human sack of poo poo and seem trained to say that specific phrase. I suppose that's a way of making it sound empowering.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Reverse Centaur posted:

I find it really strange how they refuse to mention El Salvador by name, just Central America, and the locals as "Latinos."

I guess going to a country literally called The Saviour to convert people to Christianity would sound a bit weird, but I'd bet most Duggar fans speak Spanish about as well as Derrick.

Also they keep saying they're "walking through" Josh being a human sack of poo poo and seem trained to say that specific phrase. I suppose that's a way of making it sound empowering.

El Salvador is too close to taking the Lord's name in vain :ohdear:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lord of Pie posted:

just lmao

Dapper_Swindler posted:

bull loving poo poo huckabee.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
'And Josh said,

Suffer the little children come to me, and prevent them not'

-----First JimBob, 15:7

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I'd imagine the real reason is that to the Duggars, and Duggar supporters, everywhere that is not 'Murca is just foreignland, and as such doesn't need to be justified with it's actual name.

Also on calling the Salvadoreans 'Latinos', I am guessing this is just teh Duggars surprise that there can be people with different coloured skin to them.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
I always mix up my Jims and Bobs, but how old are these two?

They look no more than 20 +/-. Very unfortunate JimBob genes.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
a lot of jim bob

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rambling Robot posted:

I always mix up my Jims and Bobs, but how old are these two?

They look no more than 20 +/-. Very unfortunate JimBob genes.

on the left is our super fabulous Josiah who is 19 and the other one is apparently Joseph who is 20

they look way older

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

I think male pattern baldness is the best case scenario considering that the alternative is lego hair.

Jadius
May 12, 2001

FISSION MAILED!
Pretty sure the only reason that jim bob still has the lego hair is that he's got a dozen or more jim bobs to harvest hair plugs from whenever he needs them. They're not so much a family as they are a way to farm spare parts.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
She want my (want my) Jim in her Bob all day
Jim in her Bob all day

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"Jim Bob, 11 is showing signs of Joshitis. Better segregate him from the girls. Just in case."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, you think his hair is real?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Is that last line from the Huckabee thing real?

It's an incest scandal, not a loving comedy roast.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat fresh

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

What song is it?

The answer lies somewhere in the thread Why does everyone hate Meghan Trainor?.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Iowa Snow King posted:

Is that last line from the Huckabee thing real?

It's an incest scandal, not a loving comedy roast.

because he doesn't actually care about the girls. they were probably wanton whores who seduced josh. all he cares about is sucking american jesus cock as well as his own.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wait, you think his hair is real?

I figured it was the Arkansas Trump. Lotta hairspray, brushed around and forwards.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Evidence of blanket training?
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/12/31/jill-dillard-blanket-training-disturbi

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm sorry, HOW is it that they can literally post pictures of their bruised infant on social media and DFS hasn't so much as knocked on their door?!

Also, the gently caress is blanket-training? That sounds like something Josh does to the littlest Duggettes to get them used to his advances......

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Astrofig posted:

I'm sorry, HOW is it that they can literally post pictures of their bruised infant on social media and DFS hasn't so much as knocked on their door?!

Also, the gently caress is blanket-training? That sounds like something Josh does to the littlest Duggettes to get them used to his advances......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanket_training

quote:

Blanket training is a type of corporal punishment used to discipline infants and toddlers. Proponents believe that blanket training trains very young children to stay on a blanket.[1] Critics consider it a form of child abuse.[2]

Blanket training is a method adapted from the methods encouraged in To Train Up a Child, a controversial[3] parenting book.[1]

To blanket train a child, a caretaker places the infant or toddler on a blanket and inflicts pain on the child when he or she attempts to leave the blanket.[4] Proponents of blanket training[5] believe that eventually the child will stay on the blanket without adult intervention or enforcement because the child has come to associate leaving the blanket with pain.[1]

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

frank.club posted:

That line at the end lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

gently caress blanket-training, and gently caress Jarm Boob and Michelle for even thinking that it's ok. However, I'm not sure if these pictures here actually show evidence of it happening. Aside from the weird eye-bruise and the fact that, hey, swaddling should have probably stopped before nine months of age, there's no real evidence that the kid wasn't just upset. My son whines about pretty much everything.

• Locked thread