Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Thermopyle posted:

I always download at 14 megabytes per second from supernews.

it's probably on your ISP.

14MBps is only 112Mbps, which seems on par with what I am experiencing when connecting to Supernews depending on time of day, it just doesn't match up with what I can get to AstraWeb on the same download and timeframe, which 95% rules out my ISP unless they peer directly to AstraWeb (hightly doubt it given the intimate details I have with Cox infrastructure and backbone).

In the end I'm just splitting hairs really, 90Mbps is perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

H.R. Paperstacks posted:

What type of speeds are people getting with Supernews? I signed up with them to see about dropping AstraWeb, but I noticed the speeds I was getting were rather erratic (constantly bouncing throughout 30-120Mbps) compared to downloading the same thing from AstraWeb I would get a consistent 140-150Mbps for the duration of the download.

I max out my comcast connection at 10 megabytes/sec no matter the time of day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

18-20MB/sec which pretty much maxes my line from Highwinds.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I pull 580KB/sec if I let 100% of my DSL connection use it. Hooray Aussie internet :toot:

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I'm trying to get sabnzbd+ to run a one line script after downloading a file. The script uses a small cli program to upload the folder that's unpacked to google drive.

In sabnzbd I get the error "Cannot run script /home/mark/.sabnzbd/scripts/magazines.sh"

The code of the script is below, and I've made sure that it's executable and readable by all users:

code:
#!/bin/sh
drive upload --file "$1"
Any ideas from those who use unix shell scripts with sabnzbd?

edit: Nevermind, sorted it out. The $1 variable passed does not contain the full absolute path, just the relative path from the completed downloads directory.

frameset fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 31, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Nam Taf posted:

I pull 580KB/sec if I let 100% of my DSL connection use it. Hooray Aussie internet :toot:

If we're having a race to the bottom for Australia I get a maximum of 500k/sec. No NBN in my area and I'm right on the border between two exchange coverage areas so the maximum distance from either. And when it rains the internet drops in and out. But hey - I'm on the list for HFC maybe being installed in 2018. Whoo!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sonarr + CP + NZBGet Issue:

I switched over to NZBGet a couple months ago and haven't had many issues, but lately I've noticed that nothing has auto-downloadeded since December 21st in my "History", but I have a ton of "Info" messages, seen below. Any idea what's going on, exactly?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I'd first attempt to force feed a NZB from your indexer. It may be something simple like your IP changing. Also check to make sure you're still port forwarding to that box. Whenever this happens to be it's because my external IP changed.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
I've got a problem with NZBGet at the moment. I can connect to it from the computer it's running on just fine but from any other computer on my network I get a connection time out. I've checked and it's bound to 0.0.0.0 so it should be reachable from what I've understood but it's not showing up. I can happily reach sonarr, CP, etc on that computer so I don't think it's a firewall issue. Any suggestions for what might be causing it?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

DJ Burette posted:

I've got a problem with NZBGet at the moment. I can connect to it from the computer it's running on just fine but from any other computer on my network I get a connection time out. I've checked and it's bound to 0.0.0.0 so it should be reachable from what I've understood but it's not showing up. I can happily reach sonarr, CP, etc on that computer so I don't think it's a firewall issue. Any suggestions for what might be causing it?

Just because other programs work doesn't mean the firewall's still not to blame. Sometimes they just don't properly detect a new program asking to listen and so they don't prompt you and thus don't end up making the rule to allow it through. Check it anyways.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

wolrah posted:

Just because other programs work doesn't mean the firewall's still not to blame. Sometimes they just don't properly detect a new program asking to listen and so they don't prompt you and thus don't end up making the rule to allow it through. Check it anyways.

Well, I'm an idiot for thinking that it would just be set up fine. For some reason in my firewall rules it was specifically listed as blocked. Changed it and it's all sorted. Thanks for making me check!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is Tweaknews a good backup server for a supernews/blocknews setup?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

EC posted:

It's what I use and I haven't hit something unrepairable in quite awhile.

My setup in nzbget goes:

0 - Supernews US
1 - Supernews EU
2 - Usenet.farm
3 - Tweaknews
4 - Blocknews

I hate manual intervention, everything must be automatically repairable :)

I top up my block accounts once every 2-3 years. I share my block accounts with my brother too.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

EC posted:

Tweaknews is pretty much the best backup for anything cause they are slow as poo poo on dmca takedowns.
I use
Astraweb
Blocknews
Tweaknews

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Excellent, thanks y'all. I forgot about adding the supernews EU server, so I did that and grabbed a block from tweaknews. Hopefully this will help my friend's backfill project.

I'm glad Sonarr has failed download monitoring, otherwise this would be a huge pain in the rear end.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Anyone using the new .8 beta version of SABnzbd? I started adding more backup block servers and really want to use the new priority features. I was wondering if there were any issues with it before I made the upgrade.

I should probably switch to NZBGet at this point, but that would probably take an hour or two to migrate settings/rss/connected apps, and I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It took me about 5 minutes and I've never looked back

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Tried looking back a few pages, but why is NZBGet suddenly the new hotness? I've switched from Sickbeard to Sonarr, so figured I might as well get all my ducks in a row.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's not a new thing, it's been the downloader of choice for quite some time. Theres no single reason for it, it just does enough things that little bit better. Not sure I'd change from an existing system over to it, I gave it a shot when I did a new install and decided to keep it on.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I found my processing to be faster and fail less with nzbget but ymmv

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's not a new thing, it's been the downloader of choice for quite some time. Theres no single reason for it, it just does enough things that little bit better. Not sure I'd change from an existing system over to it, I gave it a shot when I did a new install and decided to keep it on.

On my little NAS, it uses noticeably less CPU and RAM than SABNzbd.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

sellouts posted:

I found my processing to be faster and fail less with nzbget but ymmv

Same here. Just about every step of the process is faster, and this may be totally subjective, but it seems to successfully repair files with a greater frequency.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I really dislike how NZBget keeps your old NZBs around for a rainy day. Seems really dumb that you can’t disable that.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
The reason I switched to NZBGet is because it supports different SSL encryption schemas. I get about 10% faster download speed than Sab because of that. The depackaging and organization seems a little bit faster, as well.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

The reason I switched to nzbget was I was just trying something new. I don't really have a preference for it over sabnzbd or vice versa, though if I had a low-power server then I'd prefer it its not wrote in python.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is the OP from Dec 2012 still somewhat valid? I kind of want to get back into this.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Tide posted:

Is the OP from Dec 2012 still somewhat valid? I kind of want to get back into this.

It's not bad. Main thing is substitute Sonarr for Sickbeard, and look at nzbget instead of sabnzbd (look at last few posts above yours).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the difference between sonarr and sickbeard is definitely greater than the distance between nzbget and sabnzbd.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Thermopyle posted:

The reason I switched to nzbget was I was just trying something new. I don't really have a preference for it over sabnzbd or vice versa, though if I had a low-power server then I'd prefer it its not wrote in python.

Same here. I still run SAB on my desktop and laptop but use NZBGet on my server (NZBGet Chrome extension doesn't support multiple hosts were NZBStatus does). I can't say I've noticed any functional difference as far as the key features go, but I don't really use anything advanced. No SSL, no backup servers, nothing but automatic repair/unpack, categories, and the remote APIs Sickbeard/Sonarr type apps and browser extensions use.

Agreed that the CPU efficiency is the main difference, so basically if what you're running it on is full PC-class hardware use whatever you like more.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 11, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I once tried NZBGet, but I switched back to SAB after I found out that I couldn't use it as an "open with" target for nzb files. It wouldn't queue up the nzb if I used it like that. Does anybody know if this has been changed?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Thermopyle posted:

It's not bad. Main thing is substitute Sonarr for Sickbeard, and look at nzbget instead of sabnzbd (look at last few posts above yours).

Thank you sir!

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Nalin posted:

I once tried NZBGet, but I switched back to SAB after I found out that I couldn't use it as an "open with" target for nzb files. It wouldn't queue up the nzb if I used it like that. Does anybody know if this has been changed?

Firefox remembers to save NZBs to the NZBs directory, so I just save manual ones there and just do a "scan inccoming directory" in NZBGet to start them up if I'm in a hurry.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nalin posted:

I think it has, they redid all of the Windows stuff awhile ago but I'll double check when I get home later and update this post.

quote:

I really dislike how NZBget keeps your old NZBs around for a rainy day. Seems really dumb that you can’t disable that.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you I thought it already had this. Under Download Queue->Keep History just change it to 0 days or whatever. I have mine set to a few days in case I need to post-process something again due to issues.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 11, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think he means the physical files? I'm sure it does that anyway.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think he means the physical files? I'm sure it does that anyway.

I do mean the physical files. Do you know for certain that setting history to 0 kills the physical files?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think it's a combination of 2 settings. The author posted about this awhile ago:

quote:

There is a command "Download again" in the history dialog. As long as the download is in history the nzb-file is considered "needed". When the download is removed from the history the nzb-file is removed too.
See options NzbCleanupDisk and KeepHistory.

If you want to delete nzb-files immediately after download this can be achieved via a post-processing script.

I will test it out when I get home later and if it doesn't work then I'm sure a script would be trivial for a weekend project when I'm bored. There's already a script that does something similar for samples and stuff, I will probably just modify it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What indexer is preferred these days?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Had some issues with a lot of things failing with NZBGet yesterday. Everything looked fine so i dug around and found in c:\program data\nzbget the log file was over 3gb. I deleted that and everything seems fine. I checked a few friends computers and theirs were all over 1-2gb also, so people may want to check.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Tide posted:

I go between dog, nzbs.org and nzb cat. Overall I like dog best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Tide posted:

If you have access to an nzbs.org account, it's free and likely the best. But they suspended all invites so getting in is a bitch. Dog is pretty good but I am not renewing next year on account of them changing lifetime subs into 1 year. NZB Cat is probably one of the best ones with open registrations if you have access to neither .org nor dog (dog closed registrations for the time being too).