Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I'm watching Caesars Palace 82 and there was only one stand and it looked like what I imagine F1 tracks would be right now if the sport was owned by Red Bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Not pictured: his own, unloved daughter.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Helicon One posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyOzjlUfaU0

The last BBC end-of-season montage ever?

F1, less fun than watching paint dry.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

learnincurve posted:

Can we please have a moments silence for the Italian race engineer who decided to join McHonda with nando rather than stay with Ferrari and look after Seb instead.

Why? He just has a lovely job now, as opposed to wanting to die with every breath he draws.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Riso posted:

Not pictured: his own, unloved daughter.

She's holding that leash, close enough.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's a tough call to make between Lewis and Christian Horner as to who the least likeable person in F1 is.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Pshhh, been there done that, they came back

Yes but in 5 years when that's due there's every chance there won't BE a BBC.

learnincurve posted:

Ok now here's a thing, it wasn't Renault who bought Lotus, it was Grigny who are a subsidiary company. Grigny are the artists formally known as Benetton. So basically Benetton just bought itself back for one shiny UK pound coin.

That's also who owned them last time Renault were in F1 though, it's all an accounting trick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Thanks Ants posted:

It's a tough call to make between Lewis and Christian Horner as to who the least likeable person in F1 is.

Lewis didn't get a woman pregnant then dump her for a celebrity. Everything he does is peccadilloes in comparison to that.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Lewis has always been very likeable and even humble. I dont know what sport you guys are watching.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Lewis has always been not very likeable or even humble. I dont know what sport i'm watching.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 28, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Lewis has always been very likeable and even humble. I dont know what sport you guys are watching.

He's a pretty big douche compared to his mclaren days

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Compared to Horner Lewis is a model loving citizen that deserves to be knighted by the queen for not being a complete piece of poo poo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

He's a pretty big douche compared to his mclaren days

Hey, man.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Compared to Horner Lewis is a model loving citizen that deserves to be knighted by the queen for not being a complete piece of poo poo.

:troll:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

God I hate the Long Beach circuit.

I like Long Beach, just not the others.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Horner is literally a spice girl and Lewis is literally a homeless kid from Detroit who became three time f1 champion, I don't see how any of you could dislike either of them

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I'm watching Caesars Palace 82 and there was only one stand and it looked like what I imagine F1 tracks would be right now if the sport was owned by Red Bull.

Austria is a good circuit, I think.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That's because red bull did what they do and bought out something old with heritage, stuck their name on the side and are now claiming it as their own. /twitches It's the god drat Österreichring/A1-Ring which has hosted races from 1970-2003 ffs.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

That's because red bull did what they do and bought out something old with heritage, stuck their name on the side and are now claiming it as their own. /twitches It's the god drat Österreichring/A1-Ring which has hosted races from 1970-2003 ffs.

Yeah they bought out the heritage of the A1-Ring, which was named after a telephone company

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
A1 didn't remove Lauda's name from a corner and change it to "fizzydrink bend" like a bunch of petulant children.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That rich telecommunications heritage.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MattD1zzl3 posted:

:agreed:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

A1 didn't remove Lauda's name from a corner and change it to "fizzydrink bend" like a bunch of petulant children.
Did Mate-Shits really do that? Does he even know that Lauda is a 3 time world fraud champion?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Did Mate-Shits really do that? Does he even know that Lauda is a 3 time world fraud champion?

Probably did that after the whole "hand shake" ordeal this year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

I'm aware. The Osterreichring is also pretty different from the A1/RBRing as well. It was badass circuit but unfortunately pretty unsafe.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
yup, he did it after the engine deal went south. Which I'm sure we can all agree was both petulant and child like.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Austria like, always had sponsored corner names. Like the most iconic corner on the track was the Bosch-Kurve ffs.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

Austria like, always had sponsored corner names. Like the most iconic corner on the track was the Bosch-Kurve ffs.

But they also had corners named after national heroes in horrific racing accidents. They didn't take Rindt's name off, if they did it would be fine. The issue is more mattershits being a babby because he didn't get the merc engine.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Surely RedBull has enough money to just make their own engines. Mercedes probably doesn't even have as much money as RedBull. RedBull is like VAG money.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Yeah but they have 3 months to do it in, not the ~3 years they need.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

learnincurve posted:

Here is the one on youtube in furren instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILFijGeOmE
gently caress yes, Matti Kyllönen. :finland: He's the guy who commentated most of the Finnish F1 broadcasts from the 80s to 2000 and the voice of F1 for those of us watching at the time (his commentary style was basically "less competent and more annoying Murray Walker", but we loved him anyway). This man is a national treasure, just like Keke Rosberg's mustache.

I'd rather hear the original commentary from the 1982 broadcast (from Juha Jokinen, I think it was), but I assume they didn't get the rights when they aired this as a "Classic GP" in the 2007-08 offseason (these "classics" were basically just races where Finnish drivers won championships or their first GPs) so they got Kyllönen to record new commentary in post. Of course, it sounds really forced here because his overly enthusiastic style doesn't work at all if it's not live. Kinda reminds me of those 90s F1 games he did voiceovers for.

But enough of that, I guess. Let's go back to talking about Horny Horner or whatever.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Surely RedBull has enough money to just make their own engines. Mercedes probably doesn't even have as much money as RedBull. RedBull is like VAG money.
red bull turns over about €5 billion a year and daimler about €130 billion, so uh... no, peg

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Looks like honest Ron has a new sponsor after all

https://twitter.com/mclarenf1/status/682603764822470656

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What the gently caress is Chandon?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Its some poo poo tier champagne.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Great, another fizzy drinks racing team

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Chandon is like 10 x better than I expected. I was expecting the comedy channel or something. Because they are a loving joke! Gettit? Did ya gettit?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
What, they couldn't get Moet as well? That ruins the flow of 'Killer Queen'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Ron couldn't get the real French Moët & Chandon but had to settle for American piss copying the name.

• Locked thread