Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

for some reason it really irks me the way fat dude interrupts black dude mid sentence with a nope. also the way he said it without turning his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

peter gabriel posted:

To be fair to Ben I think Sandi bitchslapped him so hard his left eye popped out or something, there's a genuine reason he is a cross eyed motherfucker and we don't make fun of him for that out of respect. Respect he has earned.

IIRC from when I used to be active on wcnews, he's actually blind in one eye and has some connective tissue issues with his eyes.

or, you know, lol crosseyed people amirite?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

I think Derek is basically a goon now, its okay for him to check out GBS!!!!!!

Derek here is a link to GBS

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

......here I was thinking that being around long before Goon was even coined, ensured my status while assuring safe passage to the absurd.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

......here I was thinking that being around long before Goon was even coined, ensured my status while assuring safe passage to the absurd.

imo the only way you really are a goon is if you interact with SA on a regular basis

i was going to make a 'sorry lowtax' joke but then he actually does post a lot lately and i dont really want to eat a ban as well

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Agrajag posted:

for some reason it really irks me the way fat dude interrupts black dude mid sentence with a nope. also the way he said it without turning his head.

Oh yeah THAT fat dude

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

"gently caress YOUR SHIPS YOU USELESS BITCH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE HOMELESS? I SUCKED SOME DUDES DICKCJUST TO BORROW HIS CARDBOARD BEGGAR SIGN!"

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Halman posted:

IIRC from when I used to be active on wcnews, he's actually blind in one eye and has some connective tissue issues with his eyes.

I'm unironically worried that he's going to lose eyesight in the other eye if he doesn't do something about his weight.

It's fun to joke about the weight issue in and of itself but going blind is not funny.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SabinBlitz posted:

Holy poo poo. If Sandi finds out he's even remotely saying negative things he's going to get the axe. Which is sad. He made Mechwarrior Living Legends which is superior in every way to MWO. It's just too bad it never got as popular and that "supposedly" PGI put some legal pressure on them since they own the IP right now.

Man. I miss MW:LL.
I don't think Tracy crossed the line here- but I'm sure that he got pulled aside after and told he needs to guard his tongue.

The Austin guys in general seem more open about the struggles of the studio, whereas the Californians are all "Everything is Awesome" despite the fact that it's obvious not.

In a way, it's the difference between Wingman's way of communicating to fans (openly, jokingly) vs. Chris and Sandi's ("stay faithful until death" / "dreams happen now" / "we're creating the BDSSE", "Progress continues unabated-- look at this video of upcoming features (we might never include in the game)", etc.)

Meanwhile, the Brits are keeping calm and carrying on, while their cries for help limited to sticky notes pasted on their monitors.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Halman posted:

Either works really, I wish him no harm really

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Google Butt posted:

Oh yeah THAT fat dude

t-rex, fat dude, black dude, fat girl, wulge

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agrajag posted:

t-rex, fat dude, black dude, fat girl, wulge

And a paaaaartridge in a pear treeeeee

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : You're just jealous that you didn't get scammed and can't be part of this forum filled with paedophilia and bronies.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

Either works really, I wish him no harm really

Ben is a tragic figure in this saga. I mean he's been a total douche to goons, his own body and reason but as the first cultist he was virtually destined for this failure. And now he's stuck on this ship he has to know is sinking and his wife is too. More than probably anyone CIG failing will destroy our fat clown Ben.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for everyone involved except Chris, Sandi, and the lawyer guy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

peter gabriel posted:

And a paaaaartridge in a pear treeeeee

I like this new dark Peter. Darth Peter, let the rage flow through you

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Eonwe posted:

I waver back and forth on feeling sorry for Ben.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Year of the Parp.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

I have a grudging respect for Chris and no feelings either way about Sandi.
The grudging respect comes from me having to acknowledge that Chris is fleecing the most disturbing online community I've seen in years, over and over again all to make his Hollywood dreams come true. Dude is driving a Porsche and living the high life all on the profits of an impending car crash of unprecedented proportions - all at the expense of their backers. I can't hate the guy for that.

Him trying to play his own game just cemented what I knew all along, he gives zero fucks. I respect that.

My feelings toward Sandi are she got put in a job, she does the job, she hates the job and wants another job. Good luck to her, whatever.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

HexDog posted:

What's the story on this Jared Disco Lando guy? Every time I see him on the shows he looks like a homeless man.

Why he (and wulf!) is a founding member of the super Atheist club of star citizen!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I think sandi likes her lifestyle and knows that if this goes away, that goes with it. Make sales at all costs

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

spacetoaster posted:

Why he (and wulf!) is a founding member of the super Atheist club of star citizen!

He's 35? :psyduck:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lowtax should mark all Star Citizen backers on the forum. Maybe with a Star pinned to... I mean under their avatar. So we know they're backers and should be treated as sub human.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Lowtax should mark all Star Citizen backers on the forum. Maybe with a Star pinned to... I mean under their avatar. So we know they're backers and should be treated as sub human.

Backers that try and post get sent to the gas ch- no I can't even do it......

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

If you listen a little bit longer, Jared reveals his mail is pre-opened by someone before being put on his desk. That's pretty drat weird.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I know, right? It's like anywhere croberts is mentioned, they bring me along for the ride. It's uncanny. And hilarious.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Annnd i'm banned, well that was dull.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Top post is Poe10

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bootcha. Bootcha. BOOTCHA! Do you know if this is true? (he'd be 37 today)

Honestly I think it's the beard. I go from looking like I'm in my 50's to looking like some kid all with shaving off my beard.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Reading some of these reddit and brown sea posts really reinforces the idea in my mind that we need a new plague. I can't even begin to fathom how some of these people actually function in the real world. :psyduck:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

spacetoaster posted:

What we know about Wulge's life in total can be a pretty solid argument that there is no God.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Cow! I'm still on p981. You bastards are so chatty!!

Anyway, someone please alert the Spergs to this great injustice.

Someone should post that as a rant on reddit

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

D_Smart posted:

that sounds a lot like something Lotax would say... LOWTAX
That sounds a lot like something DERLOW would say... SMARTTAX

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I had put Hobo Lando as being in his early 50's... If he's really just 37, then I guess living on the streets really does age people :(

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1118420/

quote:

Jared Huckaby was born on August 23, 1978 in San Bernardino, California, USA

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

skaboomizzy posted:

What we know about Wulge's life in total can be a pretty solid argument that there is no God.

I don't think a guy who calls himself an acerbic atheist, and creates a club devoted to being an atheist can call foul against God when his life is ........ah who am I kidding. Wulf has no life.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wulfling posted:

Reading some of these reddit and brown sea posts really reinforces the idea in my mind that we need a new plague. I can't even begin to fathom how some of these people actually function in the real world. :psyduck:

we already have a new plague, that's what you're watching

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Romes128 posted:

what about us that were too late for the refund =(

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, I did a video in my prototype game. It's almost entirely live footage of a pre-pre-pre-alpha.
(When uploading to Youtube, the sound desynched so we had to re-foley)

Anyone wanna see it?

Compare and contrast.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Warcabbit posted:

So, I did a video in my prototype game. It's almost entirely live footage of a pre-pre-pre-alpha.
(When uploading to Youtube, the sound desynched so we had to re-foley)

Anyone wanna see it?

Compare and contrast.

Only if you film yourself watching it, dejected and confused like a cat with alzheimers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Like, those people are together in real life and he still called him 'wolf'. What the gently caress is that about anyway? If you were there would he be like 'not everything is about buying ships neurotic jew'.

• Locked thread