Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Only if you film yourself watching it, dejected and confused like a cat with alzheimers.

I don't think that's a likely emotion for me to feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Deer Lord!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Warcabbit posted:

I don't think that's a likely emotion for me to feel.

It's easy, just copy chris Roberts.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

"Once performed a number of one-man shows throughout the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California."

I wonder if those were paid, or "impromptu".

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Warcabbit posted:

So, I did a video in my prototype game. It's almost entirely live footage of a pre-pre-pre-alpha.
(When uploading to Youtube, the sound desynched so we had to re-foley)

Anyone wanna see it?

Compare and contrast.

Yes. Is my statue in it?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

God knows I've lost my rag and gotten angry at disrespectful little kids, but if I found out one of them was in a wheelchair and he's probably had a poo poo life I wouldn't immediately put it on the internet and be like "LOOK AT ME SHOWING THIS KID WHAT IT MEANS TO gently caress WITH ME"

anyway......

At the time I spoke in favor of just giving him a scare because his life is pretty lovely however I can perfectly understand the people that said "an rear end in a top hat is an rear end in a top hat". He wasn't just posting mean jokes on /r/dereksmart, he was literally online stalking DSmart with a fuckload of sockpuppets. If he was doing this to anyone else probably most people (myself included) wouldn't be so lenient but the victim (DSmart) isn't under obligation to be lenient in any way just because he's unpopular. It's not like being lenient would win him any respite from the rest of the crew so I can understand Derek vowing to make an example out of him if he hadn't backed down.

It's still not pretty to watch.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Scruffpuff posted:

"Once performed a number of one-man shows throughout the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California."

I wonder if those were paid, or "impromptu".

Wanna see whats under my trenchcoat?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

How do they not get shot down when trying to claim all these uncredited rolls that they don't even look remotely like the person they're claiming to be?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

At the time I spoke in favor of just giving him a scare because his life is pretty lovely however I can perfectly understand the people that said "an rear end in a top hat is an rear end in a top hat". He wasn't just posting mean jokes on /r/dereksmart, he was literally online stalking DSmart with a fuckload of sockpuppets. If he was doing this to anyone else probably most people (myself included) wouldn't be so lenient but the victim (DSmart) isn't under obligation to be lenient in any way just because he's unpopular. It's not like being lenient would win him any respite from the rest of the crew so I can understand Derek vowing to make an example out of him if he hadn't backed down.

It's still not pretty to watch.

True, when it comes to things like that nobody wins (says me after i've been touching the poop in the rsi forums)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ffycchi posted:

Wanna see whats under my trenchcoat?
*Stares down at big fucken fat belly*

"...so do I..."

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Teehee I touched the poopy! :iamafag:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Lowtax posted:

*Stares down at big fucken fat belly*

"...so do I..."

Lmbo

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

we already have a new plague, that's what you're watching

It isn't fatal yet. It needs to be fatal. Soo many of these idiots need to be made to stop wasting oxygen and taking up space. Please just end their existences. It may not be kosher to want people to die when this whole thing shits the bed, but it is something I'm actually looking forward to. Shame some of them managed to actually breed first.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Wulfling posted:

How do they not get shot down when trying to claim all these uncredited rolls that they don't even look remotely like the person they're claiming to be?

They are not important enough to make the effort of doing some fact checking worthwhile. What does it matter when the sort of acting gig that Sandi would get is one where you can only see the back of her knee for two frames?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Google Butt posted:

Teehee I touched the poopy! :iamafag:

Touchthepoopthouchthepooptouchthepoop

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Ben on the ocean

Chris, his eyes closed

Sandi, her face wet

Derek, his eyes uncovered

Derek, his arms wide

Chris, at rest

Chris, his face black, his eyes red

Derek, his army with fists open

Derek, his army with fists closed

Chris and Sandi, when the walls fell

Derek and Ben, on the ocean

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

I think you might want to watch this particular video, Derek.

On the one hand, it's so boring at times that Ben is actually falling asleep. On the other hand, there are several moments throughout when Sean says things that suggest some concerns. They're all in the second half.

TRACY: "Star Citizen will be done. Someday. Someday."

Awkward pause.

LANDO: "Hopefully."

---

Another interesting moment takes place at 55:25.

TRACY: "Yeah. I understand that we're getting a lot of crowdfunding money, and it's going well. But not THAT well. And there is a waste."

Sleepy Ben wakes up and offers a weird smile to the camera at that point.

---

A bit later.

TRACY: "Now, I don't want to go too deep-- because I don't want to say something wrong and be like called back and quoted."

LANDO: "We're already going to be called back and quoted."

(Looks like you were right, Lando- first time for everything...)

---

Tracy seems like a likable, honest guy. I hope that doesn't mark him for removal from CIG LA. He's definitely going to have to learn to guard his disclosures like a good LA employee once he relocates.

I imagine the poor guy got a talkin-to from Sandi after that. I hope he gets used to them.

Sean, if you're reading this then consider escaping. I hear other companies treat competent ex-CIG employees like they're refugees, only instead of blankets and shelter they provide design documents and weekends.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
The "kid" in the wheelchair was 18 or 19, which is young enough to have an excuse for being stupid but not an excuse for aggressive creepy internet stalking.

Also after the initial "oh gosh" reaction to him being in a wheelchair some people made good points about it being kind of bad to infantilize the disabled.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Chin posted:

The "kid" in the wheelchair was 18 or 19, which is young enough to have an excuse for being stupid but not an excuse for aggressive creepy internet stalking.

Also after the initial "oh gosh" reaction to him being in a wheelchair some people made good points about it being kind of bad to infantilize the disabled.

It's difficult to reconcile. As a species, we rose to the top of the food chain through cooperation - the instinct to assist the weak is ingrained in most on a genetic level. We try too hard to suppress that instinct.

On the other hand, as you said, to treat them as infants is also a problem. The whole situation was like walking on eggshells.

EDIT - the more I think about it, the more this applies to the backers as a whole

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I don't feel sorry at all for Ben. He's done a lot to make the community toxic and cultish as all hell, and has probably contributed to a lot of people getting fleeced. I don't know if he could've changed things if he wasn't a fat retard, but when this ship sinks he deserves a lifeboat a lot less than most people involved.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Mostly because when it comes to lifeboats, you want to be able to fit more than one person in them.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

bootcha. Bootcha. BOOTCHA! Do you know if this is true? (he'd be 37 today)

I have thankfully avoided learning the personal vital details of non-goon fans and/or employees.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My solution is that I disliked bringing the personal lives of people who weren't public figures into the thread and still don't like it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Sandi: We've gone over this so many times Chris. You promised me an actress career and invited me to mount you. Didn't I do my part?

Chris: Honey, I-

Sandi: No more excuses. You want to get remarried - I want a part. Not more loving extras parts either - I want top billing. Top five billing.

Chris: I know, I know, but Kevin C-

Sandi: No. No more. You see this ticket? This is single way. For me and our child. You want me to stay, you know what to do. *Slams door*

Chris sits hulking and sobbing for five minutes. Finally a faint light enters his eyes. He fumbles with his phone for a while, blinking the tears out of his eyes.

Chris: Bootcha? Yes, hello! This is Chris. Boy do I have an opportunity for you!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Forgive me for asking, but is this character in the background the character Sandi is playing in the game? Or is this from some other game?

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Like, those people are together in real life and he still called him 'wolf'. What the gently caress is that about anyway? If you were there would he be like 'not everything is about buying ships neurotic jew'.

He changed his legal first name to be "Wolf"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

G0RF posted:

Forgive me for asking, but is this character in the background the character Sandi is playing in the game? Or is this from some other game?

Who's that guy on the right?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

G0RF posted:

Nah that character doesn't have soulless dead eyes, it ain't sandi.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

AP posted:

If the local area server shits out at a certain number of players a lot is going to depend what they are doing, not an exact number, though they might have set an absolute limit too. If some players don't leave the starting area or come back and the player count increases the server would struggle which might result in bugs or odd behaviour. They have plenty of both. If there was something worth playing you could maybe figure out exactly what's happening by getting a group of 10 players together in different ships and all warping in at once to the starting location which might crash it.
Chris recently talked about how at present everything anyone does on a 2.1 server is communicated to everyone else, no matter how far away they might be. A person spawning their ship at Olisar is receiving info about people shooting at each other on the security station.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Chin posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "starting location" but Chris recently talked about how at present everything anyone does on a 2.1 server is communicated to everyone else, no matter how far away they might be. A person spawning their ship at Olisar is receiving info about people shooting at each other on the security station.

IF this is true, it's stupid as poo poo. Why would you fill an already limited bandwidth pipe with inconsequential bullshit that nobody would even know was happening, unless you specifically told everyone you were doing it, just to make it seem "more impressive" so that stupid people will give you more...

... never mind. I figured it out.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Berious posted:

Is that BF4? I've been looking for a shooty mans game and that looks quite fun.

_It's 3 but you can do it in 4 as well

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

IF this is true, it's stupid as poo poo. Why would you fill an already limited bandwidth pipe with inconsequential bullshit that nobody would even know was happening, unless you specifically told everyone you were doing it, just to make it seem "more impressive" so that stupid people will give you more...

presumably because it would reduce server load? I dunno, I can't computer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!! wat?!?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! wat?!?

it's an you are ell grampaw. for a popular web 2.0 web site you see. about motion pictures

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

Who's that guy on the right?

LOL!!! GTFO!!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Scruffpuff posted:

To be fair the context was that it was not ideal (I think he was talking about how when someone was moving the Benny's Noodle dispenser the object was broadcasting its location to everyone on the server unnecessarily) and hopefully they'd figure out how to have a logical system eventually. That's why I said "at present".

Just further proof that 2.0/2.1 is poo poo they hurriedly slapped together to get something out there.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Chin posted:

To be fair the context was that it was not ideal (I think he was talking about how when someone was moving the Benny's Noodle dispenser the object was broadcasting its location to everyone on the server unnecessarily) and hopefully they'd figure out how to have a logical system eventually. That's why I said "at present".

Just further proof that 2.0/2.1 is poo poo they hurriedly slapped together to get something out there.

OK well poo poo, that makes far more sense.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
April 2014 (press play) "I swear it was working a lot better when I left LA"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8&t=32s

December 2015 (press play) "It was all working this morning"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM&t=108s

Star Citizen :downsbravo:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So has there been any new info about Full Burn?

Last I heard they claimed it's a song that ended up on a server accidentally and, even though its lyrics are all about Star Citizen, and the fact that there's no history of the song's existence prior to Star Citizen, that they didnt waste money on it and let Roberts write the lyrics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chin posted:

imo anyone under 25 is a big baby retard who shouldn't be trusted with scissors sharper than

• Locked thread