Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My initial vote on you was because your kashuno vote gave me weird vibes and I wanted to see how you reacted. I'm feeling pretty good about my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not feeling it, Somber. It was dumb, but drunk posting is dumb and should be avoided. It's not like he's backing up his dumbness.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Somber you've taken advantage of my trust too many times!

I don't know what this means though.

Is this a real vote?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

but drunk posting is dumb and should be avoided

what

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Drunk posting is dumb and should be avoided, because it is annoying and nobody gives a poo poo about OMG IM SOOOOF CUKED UP U GYUZ you are.

It makes you scum irl, but I don't think it has anything to do with being scum in this game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

To clarify - read over EXAKT's posts in drug mafia. For context, scum Merk opens the game by scumclaiming, and town EXAKT votes for him on D1 and has this, among other posts, to say:

EXAKT Science in another game posted:

Scumclaiming is anti-town and should be punished.

---

I will end the day voting merk because scumclaims are a good reason to vote for someone.

---

I will never not vote someone for scumclaiming

Remember, EXAKT was town and Merk was scum. EXAKT was correct in that game to policyvote for a scum claim. So when Bigup DJ opened the game by posting "I am scum", I would have expected something similar to that. Instead we see:

EXAKT Science this game posted:

I don't wanna kill dj day 1 of his first game.

--

His account was registered two days ago. Is he a parachute?

--

Hahaha I'm a moron who doesn't understand phoneposting

--

##vote Somber you've taken advantage of my trust too many times!

EXAKT justifies not voting the scumclaim with a reason that turns out to be incorrect, and then upon realizing the logic was mistaken, votes for Somber instead of BigUp. I don't think a town EXAKT would have done that, hence my vote.

I acknowledge that it's a flimsy day 1 case based on a meta read.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

What do you think of Murmur's vote? Why did you ignore it?

I was scrolling quickly and missed it. It seems awfully serious for how early we are

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

I don't know what this means though.

Is this a real vote?

Not really. I'm sure Somber can explain.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

To clarify - read over EXAKT's posts in drug mafia. For context, scum Merk opens the game by scumclaiming, and town EXAKT votes for him on D1 and has this, among other posts, to say:

Remember, EXAKT was town and Merk was scum. EXAKT was correct in that game to policyvote for a scum claim. So when Bigup DJ opened the game by posting "I am scum", I would have expected something similar to that. Instead we see:

EXAKT justifies not voting the scumclaim with a reason that turns out to be incorrect, and then upon realizing the logic was mistaken, votes for Somber instead of BigUp. I don't think a town EXAKT would have done that, hence my vote.

I acknowledge that it's a flimsy day 1 case based on a meta read.

This is actually a reasonably good case.

##vote EXAKT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If this isn't his first game, then yeah I will policy vote DJ today. However I want to enjoy a little jokephase first

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EXAKT Science posted:

If this isn't his first game, then yeah I will policy vote DJ today. However I want to enjoy a little jokephase first

We do have four days and I haven't seen any puns, so there's gno major rush to end the day just yet :)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

EXAKT Science posted:

the joke is your long octopus tentacles you have wrapped around this game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
omg you guys i am so hosed up right now

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
but yeah would vote exact

first though i would rather kill the guy whose only post is a scum claim

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello i am gnome, pleasure

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

murmur fwiw not voting out a new person on d1 of their first game is pretty much common courtesy and i think saying "i don't want to vote the new guy out" is a null tell, if anything imo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Drunk posting is dumb and should be avoided, because it is annoying and nobody gives a poo poo about OMG IM SOOOOF CUKED UP U GYUZ you are.

It makes you scum irl, but I don't think it has anything to do with being scum in this game.

well thats not drunk posting thats posting about being drunk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Chic Trombone posted:

murmur fwiw not voting out a new person on d1 of their first game is pretty much common courtesy and i think saying "i don't want to vote the new guy out" is a null tell, if anything imo

but hes not new

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

JakeP posted:

but hes not new

exakt thought he was tho

I mean he's a dummy but he's a dummy with context

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

exakt thought he was tho

I dunno, it feels different to me. Like not a strong read or anything but how do you look at someones post, look at the post date as their reg date, and think "nothing weird about this guy literally making his first post to join this game!" and still think new player.

It just doesn't feel like a player who is thinking critically, and thinking critically is a town tell whereas the oppisite is a scum tell.

If anything that post leans towards scum. I disagree that it is a null tell

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm actually a gnome princess

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

exakt thought he was tho

Except MMTs point, which I agree with, is that exakt was using mistaken information to not vote for someone, but when he realized his mistake still didn't vote for them.

I don't think exakt was lying about misreading the post vs regdate though, so I don't agree with Jake's interpretation of why it makes exakt scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its early day 1 and theres nothing that concrete tbh, but this exakt case seems like something to it. ##exakt science

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
imgnome

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Except MMTs point, which I agree with, is that exakt was using mistaken information to not vote for someone, but when he realized his mistake still didn't vote for them.

I don't think exakt was lying about misreading the post vs regdate though, so I don't agree with Jake's interpretation of why it makes exakt scum.

I didn't say I am lying. I said he wasn't thinking critically when he thought the person registered that day.

If you see a player who makes their first post to sign up for a mafia game are you going to think new player/new poster, or smurf account of an already existing mafia player? Who would ever register to play Gnomfia 2? (no offense)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i mean i didnt say exact is lying

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Also its not like the case on bigup was really one that required exakt vote for him. You can say i wont vote for him because its his first game without meaning if it wasn't his first game i would vote for him

Asiinas vote here is scummy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fair enough, I thought you were implying it wasn't logical and therefore exakt must be lying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Also its not like the case on bigup was really one that required exakt vote for him. You can say i wont vote for him because its his first game without meaning if it wasn't his first game i would vote for him

Except mmt pointed out another example where exakt policy voted someone for the same thing, but waves it away here as it being bigup's first game, but doesn't return to it when he's corrected. It's the precedent that makes it scummy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JakeP posted:

Asiina posted:

Wrong!

Everyone gets my meta wrong which is annoying because it's the easiest meta in the community and I think people who get it wrong may be scum trying to make easy but ultimately disingenuous cases.

When I am scum I don't post. It's not that I low effort post or my cases are bad or any of that nonsense, I just don't post.

If I'm not posting ever under any circumstances and am a threat to be modkilled, then I'm almost definitely scum.

If I'm town I don't feel the nervous pressure of being over interpreted, so I freely shitpost like I am doing now.

Like if you're going to bring meta into this as to why I'm a scumbo, at least get the meta right.

kek

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

j

JakeP posted:

but hes not new

Oh, is he not? I haven't seen him before. Never mind then

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

Its early day 1 and theres nothing that concrete tbh, but this exakt case seems like something to it. ##exakt science

I think Exakt is a good vote but the amount of distancing here bugs me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Everything posted other than MMTs case sucks

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kash acknowledges his poo poo posts

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Kash acknowledges his poo poo posts

I know what I am

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Holy poo poo this dogpile on me is bananas

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i only see 2 votes on you exakt

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, because you screwed yours up. I'm also casting a sideways glance at the way Somber is calling me a good vote but it's also hedging his bets on me.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh ##vote exakt science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All the votes are bad yo

• Locked thread