Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

G0RF posted:

Yeah. Plus they've added some free new DLC- old Battlefield 3 maps and "Night Maps" of existing maps in BF4. It's now like $40-- for a game that can provide hundreds of hours of laughter, amazement, and outright delight.

FWIW- I don't play Call of Duty games. Too arcady. The vehicular combat, squad coordination, and scale of environments makes Battlefield a far more strategic shooter. You'll spend the first couple of weeks agape at just how bloody epic the whole thing is- and then spend the rest of your hours laughing your rear end off and having a blast. (Unless you're protective of your K/D ratio...)

Though I have a pretty killer PC rig, I'd recommend playing it on the PS4 (if you've got one). Battlefield through Origin IS a pain in the rear end on PC; the multiplayer management on Playstation is a lot less hassle.

Your post, also convened me to pick it up. Its currently on sale for $19.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310277/worrying-comments-by-ben-lesnick-on-post-launch-ship-sales-and-monetization

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6179916/#Comment_6179916

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

50+ pages since yesterday afternoon. I can't believe I read the whole thing...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ben posted:

This question has already not been answered, and we have no plans to ever answer it.
/Thread

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5DnjPSTuXo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1cXVRJrVYs

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

A wild Jared appears!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6178461/#Comment_6178461

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6179057/#Comment_6179057

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Star Citizens want to see the faces and tears of the slaves they bought being drug out of their cargo holds and sold.

BUT PVP IS BAD THOUGH, DON'T DO THAT UNLESS I WANT TO, NO TAG BACKSIES.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
On the real though, I firmly believe that the star citizen community is just the elitist, childish minority of the world of warcraft community grown up and moving on to something else. They were just as toxic as when that game was in full swing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Fargin Icehole posted:

Star Citizens want to see the faces and tears of the slaves they bought being drug out of their cargo holds and sold.

BUT PVP IS BAD THOUGH, DON'T DO THAT UNLESS I WANT TO, NO TAG BACKSIES.

They also think i'm derek smart

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lowtax posted:

That sounds a lot like something DERLOW would say... SMARTTAX

Hey, does buying the 30k SA Limited Edition Account grant me a red star by my name too?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jeez. They constantly look like they'd rather him be anywhere but where they are. FFS Ben the patron saint of obese nerds looks like he is embarrassed for Wulf. How do you have so little social awareness?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

He's right about one thing if Fart Shitizen ever came out it would be cluttered with Idrises in no time because CIG painted themselves into a corner with LTI then tried to wiggle out saying death doesn't matter anyway because insurance costs almost nothing. Their precious immersion plays a distant second fiddle to selling more jpegs and trying to appeal to everyone

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sedisp posted:

Jeez. They constantly look like they'd rather him be anywhere but where they are. FFS Ben the patron saint of obese nerds looks like he is embarrassed for Wulf. How do you have so little social awareness?

I'll give Lando this he may look like the sort of motherfucker who'd stab you in a piss stinking underpass for the change in your pocket but at least he put Wulge in his place. Fucker did shut up when he was told. I bet he'll swear to not buy a jpeg in protest then break down and buy it anyway

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ZenMaster posted:

A wild Jared appears!

No trigger discipline. I'm shocked and surprised.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Berious posted:

I'll give Lando this he may look like the sort of motherfucker who'd stab you in a piss stinking underpass for the change in your pocket but at least he put Wulge in his place. Fucker did shut up when he was told. I bet he'll swear to not buy a jpeg in protest then break down and buy it anyway

Honestly I'd be willing to bet Wulf really despises Lando. Lando actually is part of the company while Wulf's claim to fame is pretending to be a former cyber sleuth.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

1500 posted:

Your post, also convened me to pick it up.  Its currently on sale for $19.99.
Feel the rush!

I'll caution you-- prepare to get killed a lot at the lower levels. It takes quite a while to really get a feel for the sometimes huge battle maps and to unlock the weapon attachments that help up your firepower. Learn to communicate with Squadmates (you don't have to via voice if you don't want to)-- because you'll earn XP faster and it makes the game far more exciting when you can coordinate efforts with others.

It was very much worth the $100 I spent -- still playing it years later. At $20, it's an embarrassment of riches.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

G0RF posted:

Feel the rush!

I'll caution you-- prepare to get killed a lot at the lower levels. It takes quite a while to really get a feel for the sometimes huge battle maps and to unlock the weapon attachments that help up your firepower. Learn to communicate with Squadmates (you don't have to via voice if you don't want to)-- because you'll earn XP faster and it makes the game far more exciting when you can coordinate efforts with others.

It was very much worth the $100 I spent -- still playing it years later. At $20, it's an embarrassment of riches.

Looks good, how many slaves can I capture and sell?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

G0RF posted:

Feel the rush!

Also either blast through single player and choose the black guy at the end or find a save file if you got it on PC, it unlocks the M249 which i have found to be a Necessary Weapon

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mirificus posted:

Every day is bring your own Restoration Hardware furniture to work day

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6180672/#Comment_6180672

lol this poster has no idea what an engineer is/does

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Decrepus posted:

lol this poster has no idea what an engineer is/does

if you repair an engine, you're an engineer

duh

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

My new years resolution is to never post again

Poll

yes ??

no ??

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

My new years resolution is to never post again

Poll

yes ??

no ??

is this a serious concern

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Which one of you did this?

http://www.imgur.com/gallery/RnFAXAK

TigerBomb
Sep 25, 2007

It was I... SMARTICUS!

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

Ben doubles as a flotation device

You misspelled ballast.

For a container ship.

Specifically:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Guilty as charged. Be gentle, never made an image before.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I hope the people who are finally asking questions as to how long it will take to earn the ships (what their "investment" is "worth") are finally realizing that spent their money on something which has no defined value. Also that they are gay and dumb.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Happy new year from England.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Has anyone said how long is it going to take to earn a shitcoin yet?

e: wrong thread

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chin posted:

The "kid" in the wheelchair was 18 or 19, which is young enough to have an excuse for being stupid but not an excuse for aggressive creepy internet stalking.

Also after the initial "oh gosh" reaction to him being in a wheelchair some people made good points about it being kind of bad to infantilize the disabled.

I have issues with calling men and women 18 and older kids. I guess because they can join the Army and get sent to war (thanks Obama!).

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE UK YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHERFUCKERS

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Could you EU posters please use spoiler tags.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Happy News Year!

Star Citizen is out this year right? Gonna be soo awesome in the 'verse

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Somebody make a post demanding that hours spent defending the game on forums and news article comment sections be counted toward the "Earn-An-Idris" time

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

spacetoaster posted:

I have issues with calling men and women 18 and older kids.

because it makes kids less attractive to you?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Can confirm SC release in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

Somebody make a post demanding that hours spent defending the game on forums and news article comment sections be counted toward the "Earn-An-Idris" time
At first I couldn't believe that someone thought 1000 hours of "effective farming" was reasonable for earning a stock Idris-P but then I remembered that this is the game that a lot of Star Citizens want to play for the rest of their lives.

• Locked thread