Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

billionare dads, giving their daughters the glimpse of a sound across the gate of dimensions where boundless Azathoth lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no, that's not accurate, Jimmy Uso isn't a nazi

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Alaois posted:

no, that's not accurate, Jimmy Uso isn't a nazi

Jey is, though. Best kept secret in the business.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Discount Trombones posted:

Jey is, though. Best kept secret in the business.

I SAY SIEG, Y'ALL SAY HEIL

SIEG

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

I SAY SIEG, Y'ALL SAY HEIL

SIEG

HEIL

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
WWE leaving all that Man In The High Castle money on the table.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
JR said he has no interest in TNA so of course the Mecca is talking about how he should come in.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Why did JR get taken off the WWE announce team? Too old? Too much of a rasslin guy? Too likely to talk about what's going on in the ring than spout a million sales pitches?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Why did JR get taken off the WWE announce team? Too old? Too much of a rasslin guy? Too likely to talk about what's going on in the ring than spout a million sales pitches?

Gave a drunk Flair a microphone at a video game event I think.

MassRafTer posted:

JR said he has no interest in TNA so of course the Mecca is talking about how he should come in.

They still talk about AJ coming back even though he's buried TNA every chance he gets.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
tnamecca discussing whether sting should come back

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Gave a drunk Flair a microphone at a video game event I think.
He wasn't fired for that until 2014 - he hadn't been a lead announcer for 4 years at that point

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

He wasn't fired for that until 2014 - he hadn't been a lead announcer for 4 years at that point

He's old and has Bell's Palsy, which would likely explain the lighter workload. Drunken Flair at a Summerslam WWE game event absolutely is why he's gone. He's basically said as much himself, if not outright has. I remember him basically saying it while skirting around the issue to not put his foot in it. He was a fall guy because someone had to take the blame.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

They still talk about AJ coming back even though he's buried TNA every chance he gets.

It's the classic "if they didn't want to talk about us, they wouldn't badmouth us, therefore they really love us and are coming back" mentality

St Evan Echoes posted:

He'd been off and on from 2010 or 11 on because of another Bell's Palsy attack, and they took him offcamera with one of those dumb heel Cole angles. The Flair thing was the last straw

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're not wrong.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
what a mark

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Be quiet, Dean.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yes.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Plus he's also a gross cripple!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus christ that's some unfunny poo poo thrown at an unfortunate condition :/

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

St Evan Echoes posted:

jesus christ that's some unfunny poo poo thrown at an unfortunate condition :/

Don't look up the clip they used to make fun of him after replacing him with Joey Styles in 2005. Top 5 all-time bad Raw segment.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why did Vince hate JR so much?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

JR has proven to be pretty hatable. The real reason is Vince ( and realistically he doesn't hate him) but man is JR annoying.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Benne posted:

Because JR is several tiers above him when it come to be a racist while making it look effortless.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

neonbregna posted:

Because JR is several tiers above him when it come to be a racist while making it look effortless.

then why replace him with Joey Styles

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Benne posted:

Old fat Southern cripple

and that's just a surface read

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I thought I heard that Vince actually likes JR personally, but just has a hosed up view of what constitutes a funny joke.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TL posted:

I thought I heard that Vince actually likes JR personally, but just has a hosed up view of what constitutes a funny joke.

it's this

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TL posted:

I kind of think given how Vince feels about sneezing, he really doesn't like someone whose face got lazy and stopped working right.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Vince is also obsessed with looks and age. In 2005 when JR was originally dumped, Mike Goldberg was going to be his replacement before friends told him what a terrible idea it would be to jump ship. Also see dropping Howard Finkel for Lillian Garcia, which at the time was like going from 1989 Ric Flair to Tamina

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Vince/JR relationship is just even further proof of why you don't want any kind of relationship with Vince. How he treats his friends is more horrible than most people treat their enemies

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

And now they're having Lillian transition to Jojo to sing, I guess Vince found out she's turning 50 next year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's actually pretty amazing that they somehow got him to sign off on Mauro, to be honest.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mob posted:

And now they're having Lillian transition to Jojo to sing, I guess Vince found out she's turning 50 next year.
He's just bitter she won't tell him where she found her elixir of youth

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That's the drat truth

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

St Evan Echoes posted:

He's just bitter she won't tell him where she found her elixir of youth

Same place Christopher Daniels did, I presume.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Davros1 posted:

Same place Christopher Daniels did, I presume.

If appletinis are the key to youth, then I am fine going gray.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If appletinis are the key to youth, then I am fine going gray.

Appletinis are loving delicious, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Appletinis are loving delicious, though?

Fucker must hate apples