Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Unless they changed it, when I looked at it, it had a counter for "paid quartz", which was at 0 because I haven't bought any.

e: No, it's still only for bought quartz. If you have none, it doesn't let you draw. It only asks if you want to go back, or go buy quartz.

All I know is that my "paid quartz" counter magically increased by 5 since yesterday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Alright, I downloaded this. Get ready for my GO shitposts.

So, I'm a giant sperg and now somehow have a fresh account with Mordred and one with Francis Drake. I think I like Mordred more, but I heard that Drake is the god-queen of gacha games or something?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

So if i want Jack, is the London gacha my best bet? I'm waiting to do a free 40-roll before deciding if the paid gacha is worth it, but there are too many friggin gachas right now
Jack doesn't have a rate up in the story/London gacha right now, but is also the only place you could possibly get her without paying for more quartz.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did another 10 and got Charles Babbage, looks like the hero king will elude me yet again because this game

Lol, I used my tickets and pulled Stheno, why did I get better poo poo from my tickets than the 10

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 31, 2015

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I decided to go with it, since i could afford spending some money on dumb poo poo, and bought Quartz.

I'm going to loving kill myself.

(I did another 40-roll with the leftovers and got trap Saber.)

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

I decided to go with it, since i could afford spending some money on dumb poo poo, and bought Quartz.

I'm going to loving kill myself.

(I did another 40-roll with the leftovers and got trap Saber.)

It could be worse, you could have gotten Stheno with the same pull.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Arbite posted:

So let me see if I've got this:

There are four places for summoning atm.

#1 is the cash quartz 5* guarantee.

#2 is the event quartz with the chance for Gil/5* of the day.

#3 is the usual quartz summoning.

#4 is the usual friend summoning.

Am I right?

The rest are wrong, you're right. #3 is the Story Gacha. It has boosted rates right now because London was just released. It's the only gacha with story unlocks, thus story gacha. Wanna try for Caster Gilles, Nero, Medea Lily, Tesla or Lancer Alter? Roll here.
#1 and #2 are event gachas.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wuxi posted:

I think I like Mordred more, but I heard that Drake is the god-queen of gacha games or something?
Yeah, Drake is a top tier servant. Good at charging np, make a lot of stars, and hits really hard. I would say she is better than gil when fighting against non-servant.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The only thing keeping me from breaking down in tears is that Orion's NP is Arts, which means that Tamamo's lv10 Fox Wedding can make her kinda alright.

That is, if Orion was capable of charging her NP in the first place, with her horrible NP gain.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wuxi posted:

Alright, I downloaded this. Get ready for my GO shitposts.

So, I'm a giant sperg and now somehow have a fresh account with Mordred and one with Francis Drake. I think I like Mordred more, but I heard that Drake is the god-queen of gacha games or something?

Both of them will do you just fine. Drake is the best Rider at the moment. Mordred's NP also is an instant kill against Saberfaces due to the large bonus damage :v:

Really though it doesn't matter that much. If all else fails you can take 2 berserkers and whatever your favorite non-Berserker Servant is and pound just about anything into the pavement.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 31, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Well, that happened. :stare:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Freak Futanari posted:

The only thing keeping me from breaking down in tears is that Orion's NP is Arts, which means that Tamamo's lv10 Fox Wedding can make her kinda alright.

That is, if Orion was capable of charging her NP in the first place, with her horrible NP gain.

While her NP gain is horrible she gets just as much NP from Quicks as from Arts, so you can charge more often.

-Troika- posted:

Both of them will do you just fine. Drake is the best Rider at the moment. Mordred's NP also is an instant kill against Saberfaces due to the large bonus damage :v:
Only Arthurs, actually. Different traits. :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I should note that in terms of sheer nastiness with NPs, you can't go wrong with Arjuna if you can manage to roll him. AoE damage and chance of instant death, with a higher chance against anything Divine.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

That is a lot of worms. You should get that checked out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are you loving kidding me with this poo poo? Atalanta, really?

Well that's my last 10 roll unless 40 bucks magically manifests itself to me.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schubalts posted:

That is a lot of worms. You should get that checked out.

It's ok, I gave them to Tamamo. She's the closest thing to a dog I have anyways so it all works out.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I don't know if I should spend money, but I have something like 67 quartz saved up. :ohdear:

And Mordred's VA is Kanburu from Bakemonogatari which is perfect in every way. :allears:

e: THREE CHIMERAS IN A ROW!?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 1, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

-Troika- posted:

Well, that happened. :stare:

This is surprisingly common, I rolled 3x Necromancy in my last 10 roll.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

-Troika- posted:

I should note that in terms of sheer nastiness with NPs, you can't go wrong with Arjuna if you can manage to roll him. AoE damage and chance of instant death, with a higher chance against anything Divine.

Not just a higher chance, an entire 2nd roll!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait is Nikola Tesla a five-star? Why does that feel so weird

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I caved man. I caved so hard and pulled out not only my wallet, but screwed up and had to buy the 25 Quartz twice because I didn't realize that the bonus quartz didn't count but....

Megatron voice: Yeeeesssssss.

But now how do I upgrade her Noble Phantasm. :negative:

e: Wow I really got my monies worth rolling for the story gacha right afterwards with my left overs:

:D

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 1, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wait bonus SQ doesn't count as paid?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I caved man. I caved so hard and pulled out not only my wallet, but screwed up and had to buy the 25 Quartz twice because I didn't realize that the bonus quartz didn't count but....

Megatron voice: Yeeeesssssss.

But now how do I upgrade her Noble Phantasm. :negative:

e: Wow I really got my monies worth rolling for the story gacha right afterwards with my left overs:

:D

Wait, WHAT THE gently caress, YOU CAN GET OKITA OUT OF THE GUARANTEED 5-STAR ROLL?
Also, her NP is didgustingly good as it is, and się fills her bar ridiculously fast.

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

Kyte posted:

Wait bonus SQ doesn't count as paid?

nope. You need 4800Y minimum for the 5* gatcha

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I'm not putting any money into FTP games this year, but I got 80+ quartz so here goes.

10 for New Years, 10 for London...

Edit #1:

Edit #2:

Sigh!

Arbite fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 1, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So I tried the 40 AP Daily since I've heard it gets me nice level up cards for my servants and holy molly I got kinda lucky with my level 20 party of Shielder, St. Martha and non-friend level 90 Scathach. That was easily top five most difficult battles without needing to repeat. Each turn was pretty much I NEED MORE DEEPS.

Leveled up Shielder from 20 to 28 though. Which cards are the "Almighty" XP cards? I hope I used them as suggested on Shielder at the beginning but I can't remember if I did or didn't.

I figure get my front line party to level 30 and reserve line up to 25 before continuing Okeanos.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Almighty xp card are not farmable and obtained through login rewards and events.

You might want to focus solely on 2 units if you plan on clearing story and the 40ap quests. The 3rd unit slot is taken by your friend.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
gently caress you New Years gacha, you can't tempt me

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

So I tried the 40 AP Daily since I've heard it gets me nice level up cards for my servants and holy molly I got kinda lucky with my level 20 party of Shielder, St. Martha and non-friend level 90 Scathach.
For daily, you want AOE NP servant that can wipe out a wave instead. Max level Lancer Elizabeth friend would make it much easier. Pretty sure Shielder have a level cap due to story lock, so you might want to focus on leveling st. martha instead.

Try to get quartz and summon tickets for now and roll for 5* on the seventh day of the new year event.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Compendium posted:

gently caress you New Years gacha, you can't tempt me

Don't you want your very own Orion

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
God no

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Don't you want your very own Orion

Is she really that terrible? Besides the art, I mean.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aumanor posted:

Is she really that terrible? Besides the art, I mean.
All five star is good. Orion is just in the bottom of the five star wishlist for her anti-male gimmick in a women dominant servant list. She can hit really hard on a male though.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 1, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Orion is not terrible, but her damage is average for a 5-star and her skills tend to be focused around a particular type of enemy rather than being generally useful.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nyaa posted:

For daily, you want AOE NP servant that can wipe out a wave instead. Max level Lancer Elizabeth friend would make it much easier. Pretty sure Shielder have a level cap due to story lock, so you might want to focus on leveling st. martha instead.

Try to get quartz and summon tickets for now and roll for 5* on the seventh day of the new year event.

So on January 7th EST there's a new gacha? Good thing I still got 40 quartz left over, maybe I can get another 40 saved up by then.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

So on January 7th EST there's a new gacha? Good thing I still got 40 quartz left over, maybe I can get another 40 saved up by then.
Yes, that's the day where Gilgamesh, Sakata Kintoki, Karna, Arjuna, Scathach all get a rate up on the gacha. Could be jan 6th depend on where you live.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nyaa posted:

All five star is good. Orion is just in the bottom of the five star wishlist for her anti-male gimmick in a women dominant servant list. She can hit really hard on a male though.

Orion can hit me hard anytime she wants :mrgw:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Just you wait until we get Karna as enemy boss in America, then Orion will shine.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nyaa posted:

Yes, that's the day where Gilgamesh, Sakata Kintoki, Karna, Arjuna, Scathach all get a rate up on the gacha. Could be jan 6th depend on where you live.

On the other hand, I'd recommend rolling on 5th Jan EST, for the highest Scathach probability. With the addition of Tesla and the upcoming Arjuna there will be a whole lot of gold Archers that can really gently caress you over as a boss of a high-level quest, and she's the best there is at dealing with them. And due to being limited she'll be pretty hard to get as a support.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I thought Orion was the bear and is a male.